⌈ 8 ⌋

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ . . . . .

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ ᏟᎾᎷᏢᏞᎬᎢᎬ!

sometimes you questioned if chishiya shuntaro was actually a cat.

it would make sense given the situation, your back against the headboard as chishiya rested his head in your lap. you couldn't tell if he was sleeping or not, unable to see the entirety of his face with the arrangement. but then you heard the soft, even breaths coming from his mouth, leaning into the gentle touch of your fingers running through his blond strands. it was a miracle, really, that chishiya was in the position at all. normally he was working on his makeshift weapons during the time of night, refusing to take any breaks when his mind grew busy with ideas. but you didn't complain when he curled up on the bed and rested his head in your lap, closing his eyes almost immediately. 

you paused your actions and watched in amusement as he furrowed his brows, silently asking why you had stopped your ministrations. you felt the soft smile make its way onto your face at the sight, chuckling as you began threading your fingers through his hair once more. his features instantly relaxed, head leaning into the gentle touch. 

the blond definitely reminded you of the feline, and not just because of his current actions. there were many ways, personality and gesture wise, that chishiya resembled the animal. he was the type to trust very few, and when it came to affection he only ever wanted it when he was in the mood. even his grins could be seen as cat-like, along with the observant gaze he constantly studied you with. 

eventually though, the sounds of the all too familiar sirens could be heard echoing throughout the hall, letting everyone know that games would be starting soon. unfortunately for the both of you, your visas expired that night, meaning you both had to leave the relaxed atmosphere that seemed to end far too early. 

you glanced down to see chishiya blink his brown eyes open, always the light sleeper. he didn't groan or complain about the wake up call, swiftly removing himself from your lap and blinking away the sleep in his eyes. he got up and walked over to the little table with his inventions, eyes shifting between the items before grabbing the taser he had finally finished the other day and the ipod he fixed. 

he turned around to face you, and you pouted as you did the exact opposite of chishiya's previous actions. you let out a loud groan, plopping your entire body over the bed as an indication that you didn't want to leave. you knew chishiya was probably rolling his eyes in annoyance at your childlike behavior, probably thinking of several things to say in response. but he remained silent, instead grabbing the blanket you laid on and tugging it forcefully from beneath your weight. 

you yelped at the unexpected shift in position, sending the blond a glare. he appeared unfazed, however, as gave another harsh tug. 

"chishiyaaaaa." you whined, curling in on yourself as you hugged what remained in your grasp. you really didn't want to leave. you felt like you were just at a game, registering to participate and fighting for your life. why did you guys have to listen to the rules of the game masters?

"that isn't going to work with me. hurry up, otherwise i'm leaving you here." he said, dropping the fabric.

you let out another groan, rolling over so you were facing the ceiling, "do we have to?"

you blinked in surprise when you felt his finger poke you on the forehead, right between your eyes, "unless you want a laser through your head, i suggest you get up."

you grumbled at his words, reaching up to rub where his finger had been. chishiya was right though. you had witnessed first hand the effect of a laser through one's forehead, and you weren't exactly in the mood to experience it for yourself.