⌈ 10 ⌋

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ . . . . .

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ ᏟᎾᎷᏢᏞᎬᎢᎬ!

legs aching with every step and a heavy heart as you walked down the empty streets of tokyo, white card in your hand as a sign of victory. it was dark, but the stars and the moon lit the way enough for you to somewhat make out the roads and paths needed to take in order to make it back to the beach.

you let loose a small sigh in exhaustion, reaching up and brushing the stray strands of hair out of your face. the game you had played was simple, quickly beatable, but it still didn't get rid of the anxiety you felt. not for yourself, but for chishiya and kuina, praying the entire time that they are gone from your sight that their games go by quickly and safely as well. you were starting to understand just a tiny bit how chishiya felt and how reluctant he was making new friends while in the borderlands.

it was dangerous, especially if those people you cared about were in the same games as you. you had experienced that personally after all and the constant worry and fear was an emotion you did not want to experience once more. and never did you ever even want to imagine being in those heart games you played so well with chishiya or kuina by your side.

the more you trudged down the barren sidewalk masked in complete darkness, the more your eyes caught the faint light from a nearby building. curious, and since it was on your way, you quickened your step to see that it was indeed another game venue, flashing lights and all. and by the looks of it, the game that had been played had just ended, with the players who had won leaving through the front doors. some went towards the cars that you were sure were apart of the beach and others down the road just as you had been.

surprise presented itself on your features upon seeing those familiar braids and dark blue bathing suit, kuina walking down the steps with her usual gum stick in her mouth. brown eyes glanced up and quickly spotted you, and her face brightened into a big smile before meeting you in front of the building.

she opened her arms and engulfed you into a warm hug, and you could feel the small laugh of relief leave your lips as you squeezed her back, "i'm so glad you're okay."

she released you, still flashing you that bright smile of hers, "of course! simple clubs game tonight, nothing major." she held up said card, proving that it really had been a simple game. you nodded, and her eyes glanced down at your own card, "what about you? what game did you get yourself into tonight?"

you flashed up your own card, the red coloring of the diamonds making her eyes widen in surprise, "3 of diamonds."

"i can't tell if that's lucky or unlucky." she muttered, reaching over and taking the card from your hand to examine it more thoroughly.  

you shrugged, "i'd say it's lucky. honestly it was pretty easy to beat."

kuina's lip turned up into a smile once more, handing you back the card, "i'd expect nothing less of someone who can handle someone like chishiya."

you laughed, knowing she was right. if there was anything you knew about the stubborn male over the months you've known him it was that he could be a lot, and mentally draining for the wrong people, "he can be a handful sometimes."

she nodded in agreement, turning back at the sound of the other players from the beach shouting her name. she gave them a shout in response, turning back towards you and pointing her thumb in their direction, "do you wanna catch a ride with us in the cars?"

you shook your head, "i'm okay. i'd prefer to walk anyways."

kuina gave you a strange look, "are you sure? it's really far."