⌈ 6 ⌋

ᎢᏔ; ᎪᎢᎢᎬᎷᏢᎢᎬᎠ ᏚᎬXᏌᎪᏞ ᎪᏚᏚᎪᏌᏞᎢ. ᏢᏞᎬᎪᏚᎬ ᏢᎡᎾᏟᎬᎬᎠ ᏔᏆᎢᎻ ᏟᎪᏌᎢᏆᎾN.

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ . . . . .

ᏞᎾᎪᎠᏆNᏩ ᏟᎾᎷᏢᏞᎬᎢᎬ!

going to game venues never got easier. you would think that by your third game you'd be a little bit more confident in yourself, or at least calmer than before. but as you sat in your room, watching the sun dip down to make way for the night, it proved to not be the case at all. 

despite knowing more than before, it was hard to move from your spot on the bed, limbs wobbly and your hands shaking no matter how much you willed them to stop. maybe that was it. maybe knowing what could happen made it harder to go each night. it was almost enough to make you cry out in frustration the longer you struggled to calm your nerves, fingers threatening to dig crescent moons into your skin. you absolutely despised how you were currently reacting, as if you were an incapable child. why couldn't you be more like chishiya? he was so calm and unbothered by the fact, as still and unmoving as stone. and there you were, close to a breakdown.

щнДт щД₴ щяоиG щїтн уоц¿

you walked beside the previously mentioned man, on your way to the main room to receive the venue you would be assigned to. no words were exchanged, but you preferred it that way, otherwise you were confident the words would start pouring out of your mouth like water. instead, you focused on what you could do at the moment, and that was thinking up of several strategies you could use at the game venue. you didn't really care what type of game or difficulty you received, you just hoped it wasn't another hearts game. although you've been getting by in clearing them, enough to find them easy, the psychological impact was slowly building up, and you hated every reminder of the bed sheet corpses and the blood spilled across the floor. on the other hand, you didn't know what to expect if put into the other types, and you hated not knowing things.

you snapped out of your thoughts, however, when chishiya stopped walking, causing you to glance at him curiously. your eyes roamed around the hallway to see if anything caught his attention, but there wasn't anyone around. so why stop so suddenly?

"why are you acting like that?" chishiya asked, and that's when you noticed how irritated he was, eyebrows furrowed and his mouth quirked down in a small frown. it was a face he made often, opposed to his blank expression. but what had you done to piss him off?

you gave him a confused look, "like what? i'm just walking."

you saw his eyes glance down towards your fingers before letting out another soft sigh of frustration. you mirrored the glance, your confusion growing from the look. did he notice how badly they were shaking? the crescent moons pierced into the skin? 

when he didn't answer your question you let out a soft sigh of your own, defeated. it appeared he wasn't going to say anything, and you weren't about to pressure him into doing so. there was also the fact that if you didn't go down to the lobby soon there wouldn't be any assignments left, and you'd rather not have to find a game venue on your own. 

you gave him a soft smile, despite how unsteady you felt, "come on, let's get going before all the cars leave." 

you took a step forward, only to get pulled back when chishiya grabbed onto the back of your shirt. you struggled for your balance, shooting the male an irritated look. chishiya remained unfazed, dropping his hand and his gaze along with it. you were about to tell him off, words on the tip of your tongue, only for them to die in your throat when you felt the brush of fingers against your own. you followed his line of sight, finding chishiya's knuckles bumping against your own. you felt the slight hesitation, the smallest tremor, before he opted to lace his pinkie with yours.