HIRAETH - P. PEVENSIE (2)

By nqrnian

❛ I MISS BEING KING, SURE. BUT I MOSTLY MISS BEING MARRIED TO YOU. ❜ in which two lovers defend their land an... More

Foreword
Songs
I. Fernweh
II. Atelophobia
III. Querencia
V. Truculent
VI. Kakorrhaphiophobia
VII. Redamancy
VIII. Langulor
IX. Balter
X. Zenosyne
XI. Lacuna
XII. Appetence
XIII. Ethereal
XIV. Propinquity
XV. Monophobia
XVI. Eccedentesiast
Third Book
The End

IV. Aspectabund

6.4K 153 59
By nqrnian

Aspectabund - letting or being able to let expressive emotion show easily through one's face and eyes.

"Peter?"

They had long since stopped paddling, and even walked for a time. Much arguing and annoyance had happened as they walked, so Lilith was grateful when they stopped to sleep. There was a small fire to keep them warm, and they were all scattered around it. Susan and Lucy had whispered about Aslan for a little while before surrendering to sleep, but Lilith was shivering too much to sleep.

"Mmm?" He rolled over so he was facing her. His eyes were closed, most likely because she had woken him up.

She cringed. "Did I wake you?"

"Yes, but I'm awake anyways, so what's going on?"

"I'm cold."

He chuckled, holding his arms out. "Come here, then." That was what she was hoping he would say, and moved into his arms quickly. He wrapped her up tightly, kissing the top of her head. "Love you."

"Love you, too." She smiled against his chest, nestling in. Maybe she wouldn't have nightmares now.

Not nightmares, really, but not good. In her dreams there was a train. It looked an awful lot like the one at the tube station. It just kept going, and going, and going. It seemed endless, which was part of how Lilith knew it was only a dream. That and Peter wasn't there, though she specifically remembered him holding her before she fell asleep. Really, though, the train just wouldn't stop. It made no sound, either. Just ran, and ran, and ran...

"Lilith!" Peter's urgent whisper roused her. It seemed she had turned over in the time she had slept. He was still holding her, she was just facing away from him. She rolled onto her back so she could see him, holding a hand over her eyes.

"What?" Her voice was gravelly with sleep. He had to fight his instinct to kiss her, something he had always done when they were here. Her alarm was generally a soft kiss on her neck from him. She missed that a lot.

"Are you alright?"

"Er...yes? Why wouldn't I be?"

He brushed her hair back softly, looking down at her with worry in his eyes. "You were thrashing around pretty aggressively. Are the nightmares not going away?"

"Was I?" She groaned, passing her hand over her eyes. "I can't even remember the dream. Maybe it was a nightmare."

"Weird." He shook his head, still staring down at her. She began to smirk as she raised her face to his, pressing a kiss to his lips. Her hand came around the back of his neck and pulled him closer as he kissed back, his hands going to her sides. She knew they couldn't do too much, given that his entire family was about five feet away, but she couldn't help herself. Sleeping next to him had brought on all the feelings she hadn't felt since they were last there. He didn't exactly seem to be resisting, either, which made her want to keep going. For a few more seconds she let herself get lost in him. His kiss was as normal to her as breathing, and it was as if she hadn't remembered to breathe in a year. Of course they had kissed; small, short, sweet ones over books, or lunch, but nothing like this kind. Peter let himself be relaxed and present in this kind, which is what made it all the better. Lilith knew he was thinking of only her, just as she was thinking of only him. That reassured and comforted her.

"I love you," she whispered as she pulled back, nudging his nose with hers. He smiled as he kissed her again, softly this time.

"I love you more," he whispered back, flopping to the ground and pulling her on top of his chest. She was grinning uncontrollably. Her heart was racing, but in a way it only did when she was euphoric. This couldn't have come at a better time. She loved him. She was in love with Peter Pevensie, and she wished she told him more often, so she would.

His arm moved under her, pulling away. Though she was still mostly asleep, her hand shot out and grabbed him. He was surprised for a moment before he leaned over her, kissing her quickly.

"I think Lucy's wandered off. If I'm not back in five minutes, wake the others and come find me," His breath fanned out over her face as she nodded. A small smile came to his lips as he kissed her again. As he walked away, his hand on the hilt of his sword, she called out, "I love you." softly.

"I love you, too, Lil," he called back before following Lucy. Lilith sat on the ground quietly, trying to stretch herself out while making as little noise as possible. There was no sound coming from the direction Peter had gone, which was both good and bad. She looked over his siblings and Trumpkin, who all looked peaceful in their sleep. Maybe Narnia had helped the other Pevensies as much as it had helped her and Peter.

There came some grunting, and the sound of clashing swords from where Peter had gone. He had told her not to wake the others unless he had been gone for too long, but this seemed like a good reason to her.

"Ed! Susan! Trumpkin!" They all rolled over, facing her with tired, half-asleep eyes. "I think something's going on with Peter and Lu. We need to go." They all nodded, getting up and getting their weapons before following Lilith out of the clearing.

Lucy's voice rang out in front of them, prompting Lilith to run. As soon as she could see Lucy, she called Peter's name. He was standing near a tree and another boy. They both looked at her as she yelled, though she only met Peter's eyes. He looked a little angry, sort of how he looked before and after he got in fights. She noted the large rock in his hands, and both the swords near him. Susan, Edmund and Trumpkin had all come upon the rest of the group now, surveying the scene.

"High King Peter." The boy's voice was curious, and mildly distasteful. Lilith stiffened at his tone.

"I believe you called," Peter replied. His tone was smug, and made Lilith grin as she walked over to him. Her hand found its way to his shoulder, squeezing a little as she looked at the boy. He looked like a Telmarine. What was he doing in Narnia? Well, Trumpkin had said that they invaded. So why was he standing here - alive, no less - surrounded by Narnians?

"Yes," He spoke again, looking between the couple. "But I thought you'd be...older."

Lilith was affronted. Older? That was quite the thing to say. "Well, if you like, we can come back in a few years." Her voice dripped with sarcasm as she mock-pulled her husband away, pretending to leave. The boys' hand shot out as if he could stop them with the mere action.

"No!" She smiled, satisfied, and looked back at him. "You're just not exactly what I was expecting." She noticed his gaze lingering on Susan as he spoke. Maybe she'd finally be able to get back at her for the teasing she had gotten about Peter.

"Neither are you," Edmund replied, looking at the closest minotaur.

A badger stepped forward from the crowd. "A common enemy can unite even the oldest of foes." He seemed sweet. Lilith would have to learn his name.

"We have anxiously awaited your return, my liege," A mouse stepped beside him. There was a small sword strapped to his side, his hand on the hilt. "Our hearts and swords are at your service!"

"Oh my gosh, he's so cute!" Lucy whispered to Susan. Lilith giggled and ducked her head down on Peter's shoulder. He smiled at her fondly before looking at his sister and grinning.

The mouse seemed affronted. "Who said that?" he called as he unsheathed his sword. Lucy stopped smiling and began to wring her hands. She looked sheepish.

"Sorry," she murmured, to which Lilith smiled more. Lucy was many things, and accountable was one of her best.

He looked surprised it was her who had said it, and dropped his sword immediately. "Oh, er, your majesty," he stepped closer to her. "With the greatest respect, I do think courageous, courteous, or chivalrous might better befit a knight of Narnia."

"Well, at least we know some of you can handle a blade." Lilith looked back up at her husband, trying to catch his gaze. She thought he was being quite rude.

"Yes indeed! And I have recently put it to good use, securing weapons for your army, sire," Lilith noticed the boy's expression harden. He seemed to be under the impression he would still be leading the forces once the others arrived. She could sort of understand where he was coming from with that, but they were the kings and queens of old. Surely he understood that they were better suited for this situation than him?

"Good." Peter spoke again, this time turning to look back at the boy. "Because we're going to need every sword we can get."

"Well then," His tone was as hard as his expression. "I suppose you'll be wanting yours back." Lilith hadn't really noticed the sword stuck in the tree behind him, but as soon as he said it she realized it was Peter's. She had to hold back a giggle at how he looked as the boy handed it to him. Hopefully they would get along better, otherwise they would be fighting more than one war.

She linked her arms through Susan and Edmunds' as they walked, smiling as her husband and the prince talked. His name was Caspian, she had learned. He would be the tenth Telmarine king to have that name. How uncreative had his ancestors been that they couldn't come up with a different name every generation? She couldn't imagine it. There were so many names in the world, and the only one they could come up with was Caspian? For ten generations?

She could hear Trumpkin talking behind her. He was responding to the badger, who had asked what they were like. He sounded like he was complaining, but when the other dwarf said, "So you like them, then?" he answered, "Well enough." and Lilith smiled. Lucy was walking further behind them, chatting with the mouse. His name was Reepicheep and he had tried to kill Caspian almost immediately upon meeting him. He also had many fun stories, which he had been describing to Lucy since they began walking. Lilith had been secretly listening in. He was a very tough mouse, she thought. She liked having him as an ally.

Every once and again she looked at her husband. He was listening to Caspian describing Narnia after their departure, and looked back at her occasionally. He always cast a fond smile at her, winked, then looked back at Caspian. She adored that smile. She adored him.

A clearing came into view before them. It was just a large, empty field, with what looked like a rock pile at the other side. There was a small entrance to the rock pile, where many centaurs stood. Seems they were prepared for the return of the legendary rulers. They all stopped to admire it. It felt the most like home; they were surrounded by Narnians, walking to Narnians, in a place that seemed ancient and magical. If she closed her eyes, Lilith could almost imagine they were back after the Battle of Beruna. The scent of the sea was further than she would have liked, but she would take what she could get.

"We're home." Peter's whisper was soft on her cheek as she came up beside him. He had turned his head and body so he could see her. She wrapped an arm around his waist and rested her head on his shoulder. A soft sigh escaped her lips as he kissed the side of her head.

"We're home."

someone murder me. i'm so obessed with sirius black. 

i started writing a sirius fic and ugh. it sucks right now. if i ever finish it i'll post it. 

also: snugglesssssssssss

i'm going to be lonely asf on valentines. anyone else? if i'm being totally honest, i'll most likely watch prince caspian again. it's my favourite movie. it's either that or the live action little mermaid with william moseley in it. it's sooooo good. 

i hope you all have a great day/evening!

 - cecily <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

123K 4.6K 21
𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐅𝐈𝐑𝐄𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆 𝐒𝐄𝐑𝐈𝐄𝐒 - 𝐁𝐎𝐎𝐊 𝐓𝐖𝐎 ❝ "You have always been my King, Peter. Always." ❞ ~ in which nimueh is dragged back to the pl...
105K 3.3K 83
"𝘖𝘩, 𝘨𝘰𝘥𝘴, 𝘺𝘰𝘶'𝘳𝘦..." 𝘏𝘦 𝘴𝘵𝘢𝘳𝘵𝘴 𝘵𝘰 𝘴𝘢𝘺 𝘣𝘶𝘵 𝘐 𝘤𝘶𝘵 𝘩𝘪𝘮 𝘰𝘧𝘧. "𝘐𝘮𝘱𝘢𝘭𝘦𝘥, 𝘺𝘦𝘴, 𝘐 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘪𝘤𝘦𝘥," 𝘐 𝘳𝘦𝘱...
107K 1.7K 22
"But Peter, It was always you..." Must be Love || THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA PETER PEVENSIE X OC [EVERYTHING BELONGS TO DISNE...