The Villainess's Great Revenge

By JustVennabel_chan

Lilith Esther Bailey. A woman who was shunned by most due to her arrogant and cold personality. Compared to h... More

Characters (skippable)
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
48
49
50
51
53
54
55
55.5
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
78
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
98
99
100
101
102
103
104
105
106
107
108
109
110
111
112
113
114
115
116
117
118
119
120
121
122
123
124
125
126
127
128
129
130
131
132
133
134
135
136
137
138
139
140
141
142
143
144
145
146
147
148
149
News
150
Chapter 151

52

18.4K 968 100
By JustVennabel_chan

Angelina wore an elegant, yet lowkey gown. After all, it wasn't very good for a lady that hasn't debuted to wear to extravagant gowns.

Evelina was passing by the lobby and she shot Angelina a glare, before asking, "where are you going..?"

"Well, I'm going with Alice to lady Arianna's gathering held this evening."

".....lady Arianna.... Chandler..?"

"Of course" Angelina smiled innocently.

Remembering her being humiliated by Arianna, Evelina made a bitter expression.

"Is something wrong, sister?"

"N...no..."

"Well, I'll be going now." Angelina waved at Evelina and left, while smiling.

"...tsk...." Evelina clenched her fist and left.

**************
When Angelina arrived with Marie outside the Chandler's mansion, she met Alice.

"Lina! There you are!"

"Did I make you wait?"

"Nope! I've only arrived a few minutes ago."

"Well let's go inside now" Angelina smiled brightly as she took Alice's hand and walked inside together, while both their personal maid's fall behind.

Alice's personal maid's is named Jen. Since it was not the first time Marie and Jen met, they were already comfortable with each other.

Jen was patient and quiet, while Marie is prideful and lively. So they were able to get along.

A maid of the Chandler mansion led them to an area in the garden where the tea party was held.

There were already four other people there.

There was, of course lady Arianna and three other young ladies. There was only one other noble lady who hasn't arrived yet.

"Good Evening, lady Arianna. It's an honour for me to be invited by you." Alice gave a curtsy to lady Arianna.

"It's nice to see you again, lady Alice." Then lady Arianna shifted her gaze over to the silver haired lady beside Alice and said,

"And this is?"

"Good Evening, lady Arianna. I'm Angelina Skyler, the youngest daughter of duke Skyler. It's a pleasure to meet you."

"Oh your her sister...huh" Lady Arianna examined Angelina from head to toe.

"Are you thinking of my elder sister, lady Arianna?"

"Hm indeed...she spoke about you the last time we met."

"Oh really?"

"Yeah... you need to be careful of her..." Lady Arianna said as she turned around and took a seat.

Angelina was a little dumbfounded.

'how did Evelina get on lady Arianna's bad side...?'

Angelina and Alice went around and greeted the other ladies.

Once everyone took a seat, they began chatting.

"Lady Angelina, I heard your about to debut"

"Oh yeah, I heard that too"

"Yes. In a few days, I will debut"

"Have you....heard about those rumors?"

"What rumors?" Angelina knew, but it's better to act clueless.

"There's...rumors circulating about you lately..."

"Hmph! Those rumors are clearly false! Lina is such a nice person!" Alice crossed her arms and pouted.

"Of course of course. I don't believe them either." One if the ladies awkwardly laughed.

"Yeah...lady Angelina doesn't seem to be the type...to..do that..."

"Naturally it's better to judge with your own eyes, than believing rumors that could be false" lady Arianna uttered as she sipped her tea.

"Well..if lady Arianna doesn't believe in those rumors...I naturally will not believe it as well."

"Mhmm" one of the ladies nodded.

Angelina felt dumbfounded again. She never met Arianna...but why is she helping her...?

Lady Arianna has always been a person to try to avoid drama or troubles.

"Who started these rumors anyway!?" Alice slightly angrily asked.

"Hmm...I'm not sure...."

"I think it was...lady Catherine Oakcrook....and lady Sonia White....."

"Oh yeah, I remember now!"

"No one really doubted them. Since they claimed to have met lady Angelina, and no one was really able to make sure if they were telling the truth"

'those two...huh..' Angelina wasn't really surprised. Judging by their attitude towards her, it wasn't hard to imagine that they were the ones who spread the rumors.

"Well ladies, i think we should move on to another topic." Lady Arianna out down her tea cup.

A few servants brought a blank white handkerchief and some embroidery kits to each lady.

"I was thinking we embroider something. The garden is filled with beautiful flowers."

"That's a good idea, lady Arianna."

"My...I have not embroidered for so long....Pardon me if mine looks a little messy..."

"I'm not too good in embroidery...but... I'll try my best!" Alice looked a little hesitant but she still put up a bright expression.

"That's alright. Everyone does not need to take this too seriously. It's just for fun" lady Arianna calmly said as she already started to embroider.

Angelina's gaze fell upon Alice's nervous face. Then she said quietly,

"there's no need to be so nervous,
Allie. It doesn't need to look perfect. Just have fun with it." Angelina reassured Alice.

"Mm...okay. Thanks Lina.." Alice smile feeling moved.

Lady Arianna glanced at them. Although they spoke quietly, lady Arianna was still able to hear them, due to her good hearing.

Angelina looked around the beautiful garden and had an idea.

After three hours of embroidering and chatting, they were all done.

All the ladies embroidered a flower.

Lady Arianna embroidered a blue rose surrounded by lily's.

Alice embroidered a yellow flower with a bird. It was slightly messy but it was passable.

Angelina embroidered a few red roses with a butterfly. It was heavily detailed and easily wowed the ladies.

"Lady Angelina...how did you embroider that in just a few hours? .... that would've taken me at least a day!"

"Look at the details in the butterfly's wings...."

"It looks so realistic..."

"Lina, that's beautiful! Your even better than my mother!"

"That's quite impressive, lady Angelina" lady Arianna felt quite impressed.

"Lady Arianna's handkerchief is beautiful as well." Angelina wasn't just trying to be humble. Lady Arianna's embroidering skills were amazing as well.

She was only slightly inferior to Angelina and the empress.

"Who taught you embroidery? I must have them teach me as well!" One if the ladies said with expectation in her eyes.

'good luck at trying to have the empress teach you....'

"Uhmm...self taught...?"

"What? Really?"

"Wow, lady Angelina must have been born with talent in embroidery!"

"Haha yes....." Angelina nervously laughed.

"Lady Angelina, you have impressed so much in just one day. I look forward to your debut party." Lady Arianna smiled.

"I as well." One of the ladies nodded.

"Lady Angelina, your not like the rumors at all..." She looked almost dumbfounded as she said that.

"Thank you, ladies. From what I hear from you...these rumors must be... terrible... I just hope it wouldn't be a problem for my debut"

"Don't worry, lady Angelina. We will make sure to deny these rumors and protest your innocence!" One of them said.

"Yeah! You can trust me, Lina!"

Lady Arianna said nothing but nodded.

"Thank you everyone" Angelina smiled brightly.

*********
Outside the mansion, lady Arianna was seeing everyone off. She approached Angelina who was walking to her carriage.

"Lady Angelina"

"Huh? Is there something you need, lady Arianna?"

"I would just like to say that you are welcome to come to my future gatherings. After you debut, you'll be able to attend more large gatherings after all."

"Thank you lady Arianna." Angelina politely nodded and said her farewell. Then she got in her carriage and left for the duke's estate.

Inside the carriage, Marie was unable to put down her smile.

"This is miss's first gathering, and yet miss was able to win over everyone just like that!" Marie felt so proud. It felt like yesterday, Angelina was still a toddler who could barely speak.

Angelina was able to win Arianna over easily because she knew Arianna has long admired embroidery, dresses, and thing like that.

In her past life she heard that Arianna was talented in designing dresses, hats, and jewelery.

They all called Ariana a very creative woman..

It was good to be in Arianna's good side. She was from an influential family, she had a respectable personality, and was also quite talented.

Fortunately....Evelina has somehow managed to get on Arianna's bad side. This made a lot of things more easier for Angelina..
_____________________

A/N: I might noy be able to update chapters daily anymore. School has been giving me homework and projects like crazy (ノಥ,_」ಥ)ノ彡┻━┻

But I'll try my best to update chapters as fast as I can :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.9K 827 28
TO BE EDITED. *** Eris Belladonna was a child born the same day as God's prophecy. She was blessed with beauty and an immense amount of divinity that...
15.6K 390 29
Book 2 of The Adeline Series after a while of silence. It was just us beneath the billions of stars, then Tom pointed his hand to a bright shining s...
120K 2.9K 26
In my life it was always, "You're the older sister be more mature." or, "Your sister is sick, you have to take care of her!" When it was my graduati...
17 0 8
The Gifted Chronicles #1 ___ Eve just wanted death, but it never once came to her. Perhaps her guardian angel loved her too much, or did it run in th...