Tattoos and Scars | Rewritten...

By brookelilac

Bailey Willow's been through things that no seventeen year old should go through. But she doesn't care as lon... More

Before You Read
Characters (Bailey + Adrian)
Characters (Anna + Blake)
Characters (Dylan + Luna)
Prologue || My Limit
Chapter 1 || Finally Free
Chapter 2 || Adrian Black
Chapter 3 || Panic and Run
Chapter 4 || Introductions
Chapter 5 || Coca Cola
Chapter 6 || Misanthrope
Chapter 7 || Strip Club
Chapter 8 || Here I Come
Chapter 9 || Hug Me
Chapter 10 || Third Wheeling
Chapter 11 || Nicknames
Chapter 12 || Fifth Wheel
Chapter 13 || Bracelet
Chapter 14 || Blue Ford
Chapter 15 || Manager
Chapter 16 || Beautiful
Chapter 17 || Little Boy
Chapter 18 || Drenched
Chapter 19 || My Fault
Chapter 20 || Hysteria
Chapter 21 || Trampoline
Chapter 22 || Explosion
Chapter 23 || Get Out
Chapter 25 || Cabby
Chapter 26 || Hot Couple
Chapter 27 || Not Now
Chapter 28 || Spider
Chapter 29 || Sugar
Chapter 30 || Stories
Chapter 31 || Hotel
Chapter 32 || Laughter
Chapter 33 || Hungry
Chapter 34 || Paycheck
Chapter 35 || Nightmare
Chapter 36 || One Eighty
Chapter 37 || Show Me
Chapter 38 || Mocking
Chapter 39 || The Gifts
Chapter 40 || Territory
Chapter 41 || Chocolate
Chapter 42 || Movie
Chapter 43 || Cuddling
Chapter 44 || Sober
Chapter 45 || Winter Rain
Chapter 46 || Talking
Chapter 47 || Going Home
Chapter 48 || Running
Chapter 49 || Bleeding
Chapter 50 || Punching
Chapter 51 || Babying
Chapter 52 || Threatened
Chapter 53 || With Me
Chapter 54 || Bomb
Chapter 55 || Stand Up
Chapter 56 || Bad News
Chapter 57 || The Grinch
Chapter 58 || Board Games
Chapter 59 || Uno Game
Chapter 60 || Smexy
Chapter 61 || Should Be
Chapter 62 || Questions
Chapter 63 || Elephant
Chapter 64 || Dragon
Chapter 65 || Prove It
Chapter 66 || World
Chapter 67 || Moaning
Chapter 68 || Broke
Chapter 69 || Plan B
Chapter 70 || Swallow
Chapter 71 || Giraffe
Chapter 72 || Monster
Chapter 73 || Tears
Chapter 74 || Proof
Chapter 75 || Yours
Chapter 76 || Haunted
Chapter 77 || Chaos
Chapter 78 || Random
Chapter 79 || Home
Epilogue || Limitless
Bonus Chapter || Tiger Lily
Q&A || With the Characters

Chapter 24 || Ocean Blue

31.4K 1K 478
By brookelilac

Follow me on Instagram: @brookitoz

VOTEEEE! ♥️

————

"More?" He asks, his voice husky and incredibly sexy. Goddamn, Bailey, you really had to say that? You couldn't keep your hormones in check?

"Like best friends or something," I add, chuckling to myself. I was so damn lucky that Dylan had texted me Adrian's room number or whatever they call it at the hospital. Or I would have probably been found sneaking into the hospital.

And I have to say, his room looks incredibly luxurious. Money can't buy you happiness, but it can make dealing with sadness a lot more comfortable. r

"I'm sorry, Bailey," Adrian starts. "For everything."

"Are you sorry for hugging me? Are you sorry for kissing me? Are you sorry for killing that manager for hurting me? Because no, you can't be sorry for all that shit. Okay, maybe kissing me, but I'll pardon you because it felt good."

Goddamn, he looked like he was just hit by a truck. Well, he was. "How bad was it?" I ask, softly. The right side of his face is wounded and bruised. Slightly swollen too.

"I was the lucky one. Just as the truck hit us, I turned the car around. But fuck, I shouldn't have done that because I exposed the boy to the truck's impact more while I was trying to save myself," He explains, and I see his hands slightly shaking. I take his hands in mine, and they almost instantly stop shaking.

"It's okay," I whisper softly. "Anyone would have done the same."

"I probably look stupid right now. Letting a stupid accident affect me like this," He mumbles. I find myself taking a seat next to him on the left side of his bed. I wrap my arms around his, and allow him to rest his head on my shoulder.

"You aren't stupid for that. Even a mafia leader can hurt," I offer assurance. "If I were in your place, I would be crying my eyes out. You're not, and that just shows how strong you are."

"I shouldn't be letting it. I've seen many people die, and more than half were the people I shot," He snarls frustratedly. Is it bad that I like it when he clenches his fists because it makes his muscles bulge more? Nah, I'm good.

"But you were never hit by a truck before now," I point out. "When you see your own life on the line in front of you, it really affects you."

"Let's not talk about it. I want ice cream," He changes the subject, and I let him. Because I get it. It's hard to talk about, and it's so much easier if you let it hurt you alone than letting it all out. I unravel one of my arms from his arm, and I reach out for the strawberry ice cream.

"Wait, shit. It might have melted..." I smile sheepishly at him as I open the box. "Oops." I look at the pink liquid that once used to be frozen. "Well, no matter... you can drink it."

"Yeah, no. I love strawberries, but not that much," He chuckles. Whoa, this is the most I've seen him smile. It's almost as if... no... is he happy to see me? I'm not that fun to be around. Anna made sure to tell me that, when I told her I didn't want to come and see Adrian.

I don't know what I was thinking. It all happened in the matter of a few seconds. I felt angry, guilty and sad all at once and I told her I didn't want to come.

I told her I was leaving. And she got really mad. After I left, I managed to get myself a place to stay, that was near the college I'll be going to after summer. Then I began to feel terrible for not seeing Adrian.

So I came to see him.

"I should probably go," I tell him. "It's so early in the morning, you should be resting," I reluctantly unravel my arms from him and stand up, but his hand wraps around my wrist.

"But I want you here."

Did someone light my heart on fire, because it's melting. For an entire moment, I feel like I belong in his arms. I feel safe, and at home. But then the feeling soon fades away and is replaced with a strong desire to kiss him.

Damn.

————

I'm woken up by a really loud scream. The last time I checked, I didn't even have an alarm. Fuck, who's screaming like that? My eyes flutter open and I realize that I'm next to Adrian.

I scramble out of bed and look towards the door to see a nurse glaring at me. "Excuse me, who let you in?" She questions in a strong Latina accent.

"I evaporated and condensed," I deadpan.

"You are not supposed to be here. Please leave and come back after eight," She orders, and I grumble. I notice Adrian begin to stir and his eyes instantly open.

"Bailey, you're leaving?" He asks, his voice still husky, as he attempts to sit up straight but then inhales sharply through a wince.

"Oh dear, I need to give him more painkillers. Miss, please leave and come back in two hours. Take your time to shower, eat breakfast, self care, you know?"

I turn back towards Adrian, and take his left hand in mine. "I'll be back at eight." He gives me a one sided smile, and I grab my phone off the table placed near his bed and walk out of there.

I open my phone to see a text message from Luna.

Luna (Yesterday 11:19 PM): +

A plus sign? What does that mean?

Me (5:59 AM): ??

Obviously, I don't get a reply because no one would be up this early, but it's probably nothing to worry about. She probably butt-texted me or something. It's alright. I let out a really loud and ugly yawn as I exit the hospital.

The sky is a misty blue, and there's a slight fog set over the town. It looked so calm and peaceful. Is this what Adrian meant when he described my eyes? My heart skipped a beat at the thought of him.

Fuck, now that I'm no longer in his hold, I want him to hold me forever. Who knew he was my choice when he gave me a choice? When I didn't have a choice, I would choose freedom over and over again, and now that I have it, I would choose him over and over again.

What's wrong with me?

I cross the street, my hideously long and skinny legs taking wide strides across the road. A cool morning breeze brushes past my face, and I let out a satisfied breath.

Before, I only wanted to be free from my dad. I wanted my own life. And now, there are so many things I want.

One of them is Adrian Black.

There, I said it! I want Adrian. He's so damn hot, he's sexy, he's nice to me, he's a great hugger, and he speaks two languages. And he's an amazing kisser.

Call me fast, but there ain't no denying what you're feeling. Unless you're feeling like you want to become a serial killer. Then please deny that feeling for the sake of all.

I feel myself walk into a rock hard chest, and I stumble backwards. Of course, I didn't mistake him for a wall. I'm not that dense. "Shit! Sorry, I didn't see you there!" I apologize quickly as I look up at who I crashed into.

Is that Dylan?! Wait no, Dylan is sleeping in his home right now. And this man has deep, ocean blue eyes, unlike Dylan's brown eyes.

Are they related or something?

"Fucking hell, watch where you're going bitch!" He shouts.

Nope, not related at all. 

————

a/n: ayyyyyyyyy, a new update!! 

this is how i picture adrian's hospital room, rich people things am i right?: 

is just me or do all author's feel anxious when publishing a new chapter? like i always feel this gnawing feeling in my stomach as i begin to publish a new chapter. i don't even know how to explain it, but like anyone else here?? 

did you like this chapter? >> 

who is this new guy ;)? 

anyway, i love you! ♥️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

613K 11.4K 41
Book #1 (Tainted Scars Series) He grabbed my waist and pulled me down into his lap. "Do I have to fuck you in front of your brother? Is that what it...
2M 53.5K 53
[COMPLETED] Autumn Cross is now in 12th grade at her new school, Willington High, with only one goal in mind: passing the 12th grade and going to a g...
1.6M 52.7K 72
One day you're happy, and the next, a freak accident exposes your boyfriend's dirty little secrets in the worst possible way. I lost the man I loved...
1.2M 51K 80
This story is complete ✅ Alec is a twenty-five year old gentle boy with the looks of an angel. He has not figured out what he needs in love yet and h...