To Grandma's House

By julyndav

Xael Thunder Wolf has had enough of living in the city. She yearns for the quiet life she remembers when livi... More

Procrastination = Walking*
quick note
The Road at Night*
First Day at Home*
The New Cook*
Mom, We Killed Dinner!*
Home Cooked Meal*
The Run*
Details Details Details*
Prepping the Lodge*
Pow Wow ~ Arrival*
Powwow ~ Time for Dancing*
Powwow ~ Triggered*
That was a Bad One*
Sweat Lodge Begins*
The Truth About Xael*
Combat, Loss & Pain*
Back from the Lodge*
Adam & Xael*
The Nightmare Continues*
New Day ~ New Start*
Visiting the Ex-Boss*
My Brothers in Arms*
The Birds, The Bees & Omegas #1*
The Birds & The Bees & Omegas #2*
Things are Getting Serious*
Tuesday - Thursday*
Friday #1*
Friday #2*
Out for a Run*
The Alpha's Approval*
Medic!*
We Need to Talk...*
Weaklings*
Mother of Destruction*
Abdul Omar Khalid*
Time for Lodge*
Mates for Life {m}*
Alpha, Mate, Protector & Lover*
Insatiable Truth*
Awkward Conversation*
My Timid Omega*
I Could Have Lost You*
Future Plans*
Let's go Shopping
Mom & The Guys
Father-in-Law
Mother-in-law
Our New Place??
Serious Alpha vs. Playful Omega
Downtime
Surprises!!
To Grandma's House...
She's so Special
Like a Faerytale
A Time to Relax...
Closure
Just a quick note!
Making Plans
Letting Go of the Past #1
Letting Go of the Past #2
Feeding the Masses
Unbelievable
The Showdown...?
Boring but Needed Errands
Making Plans #2
The Work of Spirit
Getting Settled
Getting Settled #2
Lost in the Woods
A Long Day
Friday - The Visit
Friday - I Told You...
Hard work is done
Growing Up
author's note(#742)
Momma
The BBQ ~ #1
The BBQ #2
Lots to do!
Super Sized ~ *edited
Mr. Clean was Here
Clingy
Ears & Tail
Great Grammy
Now What??
Things Change
Answers #1
Answers #2
Holy Sh!t, Wait, What?
Back at Grandma's House
Changes
WTF!
Rest of the Week
Good Grief
**SNAP!!**
Back with Her Alpha
Staying Distracted
Staying Distracted #2
Everyone's Getting Settled
Give Me Your Hand
People Change
Surprise Dad!
Grandparents
Conversations
Everyone knows
Healing & Understanding
Momma's Hurting
Beau
Alpha Time to Bond
Finally Resting
Baby 1-2-3 & W-F
Danetta LeTray Montgomery
Adam is Done
Tender Loving Care
+1
Downtime & Planning
Coming Together
Welcome
Welcome #2 - Learning the Ropes
Swaddled with Tiny Ears
Getting Settled
As Time Passes
Grandma's House

Little Boys Cry for Wolves

586 57 15
By julyndav

Pulling up to the vet, Xael realized she didn't have collars or leashes for the pups. They would just have to carry them. Shades on, they both got out and went to the back to grab a pup. Before they could make it to the front door, Tank was squirming to get out of Xael's arms. She sat him down and he rushed over to a tree to pee. Done, he ran back to her and begged to be picked up again.  Adam couldn't help but chuckle at the little furball.

"Well, they are definitely not city wolves!"

"No and that's a good thing!"

Inside, the clinic was crowded. Xael held the pups while Adam went up front to fill out paperwork. One of the vet techs that was in the lobby gave her strange looks but she brushed it off.  With Adam now sitting next to her, the couple was an impressive sight and there was no mistaken them for Wolfen. They were both tall and muscular and all the dark shades did was draw more attention to them, the wolf cubs didn't help either. Luckily Tank and Dozer sat on their parents laps and just observed all the commotion. Soon they were called back to one of the exam rooms. While waiting for the Vet, one of the techs came in to get their vitals.

"Hello- wait a minute! Are those real wolf cubs?!"

"No." Both Adam and Xael didn't hesitate in replying. Temperature and weight taken, the technician left but not before giving them both odd looks.

They didn't have long to wait before the Vet came in. He was an older Alpha with fight scars on his face. Tank and Dozer, surprising everyone, couldn't wait to get near him. Tails were wagging and ears pinned down, they ate up all the pets the Vet gave them.

"Well they definitely like you!" Xael was glad that the Vet was at least Wolfen.

"These are two healthy looking cubs!" He picked up Dozer who struggled to lick him in the face as Tank jumped on him from the table, his large front paws on his chest. "Okay boys. Settle." With that they both sat down. The vet leaned over and stared each one in the eyes, his had gone red for some reason but Xael and Adam just let him do his thing. He playfully growled at them and they growled back.

"Hahahaha! These two are as healthy as can be!"

"Good!"

"Well since you live on protected land, I don't see any point in giving them the regular puppy boosters but I will give them something for heartworms and parasites since they were born in the wild."

"Oh thank you so much! We thought they would have to get the regular round of puppy shots."

"If you lived in the city I would suggest it. The shots I'm giving them is just a precaution. What kind of food are you feeding them?"

"Homemade. Boiled meat with some rice and veggies. They have a little bit of dry kibble but they won't get much of that."

"Good, good. The shots might make them a little drowsy. I'd hold off on feeding them until you get home, they might get a little sick to their stomachs."

"Okay."

"Now for the part that's off the record. I'll give you rabies tags and vaccine papers. This is to cover you in case they have a run in with an untrained human."

"Thanks doc." Adam finally spoke and it certainly caught the Vet's attention.

"No problem. That's some voice you got there Alpha."

"Yeah, I know."

Finished up, the Vet gave the pups more pets and Xael hugged him for all that he had done for them. Back at the front, Xael paid and they left, stopping at the pet relief area for the pups to go potty before heading to her grandparents. Xael had texted them earlier about the pups and it was fine. Plus they wanted to meet them.

Pulling up to their house, it was a cute sage green bungalow with white trim and lovely landscaping. Getting the furballs out of the back seat they were already getting drowsy. Xael sat Tank in the front passenger seat and removed their blanket from the back to take in with them.

Her Grandmother was already at the door along with a few other people that she didn't know. Adam and Xael held the pups close as they walked up the steps.

"Grams!"

Her Grandmother bid the other people goodbye and Xael smiled as they walked past her. Xael gave her Grams a hug as did Adam. Her Grandmother stood back and looked at both of them.

"Now something is different with you two. What am I missing here?"

"Let's go inside Grams."

Walking into the house, the Elder led them to the back sun porch where they could leave the pups. Blanket down, the little ones were done for the day as they curled up together.  Going back into the main part of the house, Charles, her Grandfather was coming from one of the back rooms.

"Hey Grandad." Xael gave him a big hug.

"Grams, Grandad, me and Adam have something to tell you."

"Okay...."

They both took off their shades.

"Oh my sweet merciful Jesus."

"I don't believe this..."

Grandad got in both of their faces, studying them both very carefully. Grandma just stood there looking them up and down. Back together they looked at each other still speechless when they both smiled and slightly bowed.

"Oh now stop, please." Xale was there holding onto her Grandmother's arms.

"My God Xael. You mother would be, baby girl I don't know what she would be, but she would be proud."

"Thanks Grams."

"A Great Alpha. Never thought I'd live long enough to see one and here you are in my own damn house!" Charles gave Adam a hug, who had yet to say anything.

"Xael baby, when did all of this happen?"

"After my last heat. Neither of us had any idea something like this would happen."

"Well, it kinda makes sense little Pup, Great Alphas don't usually present till later on but to present this young; that is rare." Charles could only smile from ear to ear. "And don't either of you say it's not a big deal!"

"Charles is right, this is a very big deal! To my knowledge, you two are the first Great Alpha and Luna of color in a long, long time. I'm talking centuries darling."

Xael and Adam looked at each other and smiled.

"Are you two ready to eat?" Adam finally spoke. His voice sent shivers through each of the Grandparents. Ms. Ella chuckled and slapped her Mate on the arm.

"Yes!"

"Where do you want to go Grams?" Xael had her arm around Adam's waist.

"Oh the zoo has a new Rain forest cafe! I've been dying to try it."

"Rain forest cafe it is and this is our treat!"

Driving to the zoo, Adam didn't say much. He had picked up that habit since his voice changed. It was intimidating if you weren't used to it. The zoo was packed, two small school buses were parked at the end of the parking lot. Walking up to the admissions booth, Adam paid for everyone even though Charles protested. They picked up a map and Xael quickly located the cafe which meant they had to walk through the wolf section. It was just a large open portion of the zoo with an elevated wooden walkway with looks outs. As they slowly walked along, Xael felt a little bit of sadness once they entered the wolf enclosure. Wolves were never meant to be caged but she understood. Plus this gave others a chance to see them and hopefully establish a desire to save not only those that lived on non-protected lands but their habitats.

Ms. Ella wanted to stop briefly and say a small but silent prayer for them. While they waited, a little boy about 6 was crying his little eyes out. A woman was trying to drag him down the walk as he fought with all he had to stay and look at the sleeping wolves. The little boy broke free and ran right into Xael as he tried to get back to his spot. She looked down at him and smiled. To a small child, Xael was like a giant.

He stopped for a second then starting crying again, his small arms wrapped around Xael's legs as he buried his wet face into her thigh. Xael knelt down and rubbed the little boy's arm.

"Aww, what's the matter deary?"

"Th-th-they w-w-wont howl for meeeeeee! I been howling for five, seven, ten whole minutes!"

"Aww sweetie, I'm sorry."

"Come here pup." At the sound of Adam's voice, everyone stopped what they were doing and the little boy immediately stopped crying. Adam picked the boy up and walked to railing, not caring once if his parents were fine with it or not. Everyone around them watched intently.

'Babe'

Xael made her way over to her Mate.

"Are you ready Pup?"

The little boy was awestruck; all he could do was nod.

"Babe."

Xael smiled at the little boy and leaned against the railing. She gave a soft low growl which got the attention of the wolves. They all sat up and looked at her. Everyone was too shocked to do anything, not even grab their cell phones to record or snap a picture. Before anyone knew what was going on, Adam closed his eyes and howled with Xael right behind him. It was the most majestic sound anyone had heard...

Again the Great Alpha and Luna howled, the little boy joined them along with the other Wolfen that were present. It didn't take long before all the wolves in the enclosure joined the chorus.

Some of the humans, so taken with what was happening, started to cry. Most had never seen a Wolfen, let alone heard one howl. The wolves, dingos and wild dogs located all over the zoo were howling in what could only be described as an extended wild and fluctuating song.

But it soon came to a stop.

The little boy in Adams arms screamed, laughed, clapped and cheered as did some of the other children present and adults.

"Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!!" He gave Adam the biggest hug he could and Adam wrapped the small human in his arms, careful not to squeeze too tightly. The small child wiggled to be let down and ran over to Xael who scooped him up as he hugged her. Xael softly growled for him which caused him to burst out in laughter again. Putting him down, he ran over to his parents and jumped and danced around as he led them down the path. His cute little human howls still going.

"That was so sweet of you two!" Ms. Ella smiled at them. Leaving the area, other Alpha's silently acknowledge Adam with a nod of their heads and he did the same.

That day there was only one King of beasts and that was the Great Alpha.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

99.3K 2.7K 25
๐—›๐—ฒ'๐˜€ ๐—ผ๐—ฏ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—ฑ, ๐—ผ๐—ฏ๐˜€๐—ฒ๐˜€๐˜€๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ฎ ๐—ด๐—ถ๐—ฟ๐—น ๐˜„๐—ต๐—ผ ๐˜„๐—ฎ๐—ป๐˜๐—ฒ๐—ฑ ๐—ฎ๐—ฏ๐˜€๐—ผ๐—น๐˜‚๐˜๐—ฒ๐—น๐˜† ๐—ป๐—ผ๐˜๐—ต๐—ถ๐—ป๐—ด ๐˜๐—ผ ๐—ฑ๐—ผ ๐˜„๐—ถ๐˜๐—ต ๐—ต๐—ถ๐—บ สธแตƒโฟ...
360K 12.3K 58
Felix didn't get a second chance like Minho, he never got a call, so that means he never debuted with Stray Kids. So he decided to become a dance te...
428K 16.6K 27
This book is a sequel to His Miracle Mate. *** **** *** Orla learns the secret of her ancestry, a secret that will make her a target if reveal...
2.7M 63.8K 200
I'm a new grad human in huge debt, and cheated by my Omega boyfriend. When I got wasted in a bar, I didn't expect to have the best sex ever. And the...