Marichat: Always and Forever

By llailac

He stopped. He couldn't bear to continue. Those words... they- they scared him. He knew exactly why they s... More

-Part One- Chapter One: Fallen Angels
Chapter Two: The Beginning
Chapter Three: Confusion (Part 1)
Chapter Four: Confusion (Part 2)
Chapter Five: Crushing Crushes
Chapter Six: Tear Stained Cheeks
Chapter Seven: Car Crashes, Jealousies, and Reunions
Chapter Nine: Puffy Clouds and Confessions
Chapter Ten: Goodbye for Good
Chapter Eleven: A Black Butterfly in The Restroom
Chapter Twelve: Dandelions
Chapter Thirteen: Sleeping Beauty in her Garden of Thorns
Chapter Fourteen: "WE KISSED?!"
Chapter Fifteen: Hypothetical Questions
Chapter Sixteen: A Shift in The Night
Chapter Seventeen: Marinette Agreste
Chapter Eighteen: Movie Night
Chapter Nineteen: His Salvation, Her Destruction
Chapter Twenty: Secrets
Chapter Twenty-One: Chloe's Birthday
Chapter Twenty-Two: Explosive Desires
Chapter Twenty-Three: Before The Storm
Chapter Twenty-Four: A Chat and his Princess
Chapter Twenty-Five: The Reveal in the Dark
Chapter Twenty-Six: Poisoned Love
Chapter Twenty-Seven: The Burning Secrets
Thank You!
Chapter Twenty-Eight: The Kitten and Ladybug at The Deadly Crossroads
Chapter Twenty-Nine: Roses, Dandelions, and Sweaters
Chapter Thirty: Endgame
Chapter Thirty-One: Nightmares
Chapter Thirty-Two: The Darkest of Nights
Chapter Thirty-Three: This Would be The End
Part 2: Chapter Thirty-Four: Sealed Fates
-Part 2- Chapter Thirty Five: Most Wanted
Chapter Thirty-Six: Here and Back Again
Chapter Thirty-Seven: Living with the Agrestes
Chapter Thirty-Eight: Bad Guys
Chapter Thirty Nine: In The Rain
Chapter Forty: Fading Bonds
Chapter Forty-One: Rainy Nights
Chapter Forty-Two: Reveal
Chapter Forty-Three: The Truth
Chapter Forty-Four: The Butterfly Garden
Chapter Forty-Five: Playing with Fire
Chapter Forty-Six: Visiting Hours
Chapter Forty-Seven: When Luck Runs Out
Chapter Forty-Eight: Back on The Walls Once Again
Chapter Forty-Nine: An Akuma in The Shell of an (Almost) Dead Man
Chapter Fifty: Plummeting Towards The Dark
Chapter Fifty-One: Poison
Chapter Fifty-Two: Dรฉjร  Vu
Chapter Fifty-Three: Stolen Vows
Chapter Fifty-Four: Sacrifice
Chapter Fifty-Five: Butterfly Trap

Chapter Eight: Songs of The Past

335 13 3
By llailac

(⚠️There are quotes in this chapter from the show.  Because I'm scared of copyright I'll say it again.  I DO NOT OWN THE SHOW, QUOTES, OR CHARACTERS. Some Lukanette/essential for the character development though⚠️)

(Various quotes in this chapter belong to the show, Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Chat Noir, created by Thomas Astruc and Zagtoon)

Marinette's POV

I told Luka about everything that happened in the past months since he... went away a week after we went to New York. He cradled me in his arms as I told him everything on a park bench. In the very same park we would always hang out at before he had to leave. The fountain in the middle of it was empty and the perfectly fresh cut grass was laid out with trees lining the perimeter.

(A/N: Aliyah and others who haven't watched the New York special... That's not true😂. I just made it so that Luka left after New York in this story didn't happen in the show.)

When he heard what Lila did he gritted his teeth and cupped my cheeks. "Do you want me to talk to her, Marinette? You know I'd do anything for you."

I think we can all agree that Luka was pretty chill until someone messed with any of his loved ones.

I smiled and shook my head. "I'm Luka fine- No I mean you're really ꧁FINE꧂ Luka. UMM! I DIDN'T MEAN YOU WERE FINE IN THAT WAY. NOT THAT YOUR NOT HOT BECAUSE YOU ARE. UMM I JUST MEANT... Luka...I'm fine. Sorry I don't know why I'm stuttering like this." I said flushed by my outburst.

"I think I might have an idea why you're stuttering." He teased.

I felt a blush spread across my face, "Besides, Luka, I really- I should be the one to deal with Lila and-and... Adrien."

Luka looked at me, his aqua eyes pouring deep into mine full of sincerity and emotion. My breath hitched.

"Are you still in love with him?"

"Adrien?" I inquired, "Yeah... not so much." I rested my hand on my cheek sighing.

I could feel Luka staring at me intensely; frowning at seeing how upset I was. He began to hum. He hummed a sweet yet solemn tone. I lifted my eyes and looked at him. I felt an unconscious smile spread across my face. Only him and I knew that tune. Maybe it was because he told me that it would be forever. He told me that was my song... My perfect tune. Maybe I remember it so well because he wrote it for me, and finished it the week he had to leave. I still remember...

-FLASHBACK TO THE WEEK LUKA HAD TO LEAVE-

Monday: (Day 1)

"I LOVE UNICORNS!" Rose sang.

Marinette smiled; they looked so divine in their Kitty Section costumes. She loved watching them practice. Although... Luka was still downstairs in his room. Juleka said he had some big news and he would come out when he was ready so they were practicing above on the boat for now.

Marinette swayed her head to the beat. The way Ivan commanded the rhythm as the boat rocked with every hit to the drums. How Juleka could play the bass so smoothly under pressure, how each and every key and chord came so easy to her. How Rose's voice matched the music in the perfect pitch. But the song wasn't perfect. It was missing her favorite part. Her favorite blue haired guitarist.

As if he heard her, on command, Luka came out. Everyone stopped, and looked at Luka, anticipating what he was about to say.

"I just got off the phone with Jagged Stone. Apparently Vivica, his old guitarist, left him for Laura Nightengale, he wants me to go on tour with him... as his official new guitarist."

The boat erupted with excitement and cheers. Juleka ran and jumped into her brother's arms proud of his success. "Luka this is so awesome." She said in a Juleka-like-tone. He giggled and ruffled her hair. "Thanks, Jules." They stayed in the hug for a while. This had been Luka's dream for so long it was surreal for the two of them to know it had just come true less than five minutes ago.

(A/N: OOF I WROTE THAT WHILE MY BROTHER AND I WERE FIGHTING. IT HURT LIKE A BIT- 😔😂)

Marinette looked at Luka in awe, as if he was the most, the greatest, most magnificent person she had ever... right as Juleka and Luka broke away, Ivan cheered and gave him a high-five and congratulated him. Before anyone could say anything else, Rose started crying and pulled him into a tight bone-crushing hug. Then it was Marinette's turn.

It wasn't a secret that the two obviously had something. Rose and Juleka giggled and gave Marinette a wink as they headed out holding each other's hands. Ivan quickly followed before giving Luka an encouraging punch on the shoulder.

"Luka this is amazing!" She bursted out.

"R-really you think so?"

"Yeah, Luka why wouldn't I? I'm so proud of you this is such a great opportunity and I mean Jagged Stone! That's huge! You're just so talented- Wow! You deserve this!"

"Thanks, but... I-I have to leave Saturday morning. Like this Saturday."

The bluenette felt herself freeze. It's true that Adrien meant a great deal to her, but Luka... Luka was so much more than a fantasy or a crush... he was real. She felt a tear trail down her cheek as she pressed her body against him. Trying to hold him as tight as she could. Inhaling his scent and making sure to study and memorize every facial feature he was giving off.

"I want you to be happy, Luka."

"Yes, but are you happy Marinette?"

"..."

Tuesday: (Day 2)

It was 2:00 AM. It still felt like Monday night to him.

A certain guitarist couldn't go to sleep. He was picking at chords and sighed. His family was here, his friends, a girl that he-

People in movies and TV shows always choose love over these amazing opportunities. He used to yell at the characters for being idiots and leaving their dreams to be with one person. 'You'll be better if you follow your dream or career, and that was just common sense.' 'You would have to be a lovesick dodo to give up a life changing opportunity for some girl.'

Luka Coffain, holder of the snake miraculous, soon to be world renowned guitarist of Jagged Stone, was that lovesick dodo.

(A/N: Please someone help my Lukanette heart🥺)

He began to strum a melancholy melody. How could he leave? He knew he was an idiot, but Marinette. She made him question everything. It was so much harder to follow his dream when the girl of his dreams was here.

Yesterday she said she was happy and she wanted him to do it. He wasn't sure.

He wasn't the only one awake.

Marinette Dupain Cheng was awake too, many streets away surveying the world from her balcony.

She had told him she was "happy." The girl sniffled. She wasn't too happy right now.

Why couldn't she just- Say what she meant.

Wednesday: (Day 3)

Luka was busy talking to Jagged Stone on the phone, while his family and friends, including Marinette, we're planning an epic going away party on Friday.

Once Luka was done talking to Jagged Stone he asked if some people could help him pack. To that Alya volunteered Marinette to go with Luka.

Alya just wanted what was best for Marinette and she knew this was it.

So, Luka and Marinette went down stairs packing his clothes. In silence, if I may add. Everytime one of them opened their mouths nothing came out, and they closed them once again.

Marinette came across the mask she made Luka for Kitty Section. The blue lightning bolt that went down the middle of the creamy white plaster that matched his eyes and hair. She giggled.

"What?"

She gestured to the mask.

He snickered, "Yeah that's pretty cool. Please pack it gently. I wanna make sure the mask doesn't get crushed. It was by the girl I'm in love with, you know." She paused.

"The girl you're in love with?"

He chuckled. "Yeah Marinette, the girl I'm in love with."

They packed in silence for the rest of the day. When the sun set and all the colors in the sky had swirled together, all of his stuff was packed for his tour with Jagged that would be over in 6 months.

(A/N: Adrinette shippers c'mon that was cute af)

Thursday: (Day 4)

Luka spent his last time in Paris visiting the Louvre. He sighed looking at the elegant paintings and exhibits. He began to hum the tune he'd been trying to find for Marinette before he left. This girl was just so much more than anything or melody he could think of. He sat down in a small secluded corner of the Louvre on velvet burgundy cushioned chairs.

Humming his tune, he closed his eyes and thought about her.

"You know, I'll be really happy if things work out between you and Adrien, but if not, I'll be here." - Felix (Season three)

He smiled and made a repetitive short and sweet melody in his head.

"It's okay Marinette. You can tell me everything or nothing if you would like. You can be yourself with me, Marinette. Just yourself."- Love Eater (Season three)

Then, he changed the tone, as if it was the bridge from the short and sweet to a more clear and consistent beat... that was so solemn yet so magical.

"Because YOUR the most extraordinary girl Marinette. As clear as a musical note and sincere as a melody."- Silencer (Seaso two)

And finally back to the sweet chorus to end it with a beautiful, lovely, softer yet confident note.

He opened his eyes. He had her tune. He wrote everything down on his phone and ran home to rehearse.

Friday: The Final Day and The Night of The Party

Everyone made toasts and blasted music on the boat from sundown till the sky was black and stars were speckled and sparkled all over the night sky.

The colored lights on the boat were flashing creating different hues that store priced across the boat.

Marinette was talking to Juleka about a modeling opportunity for her fashion website when Luka asked to borrow her. They went down to his bedroom... or old bedroom.

"I wanted to show you something," laughed Luka, clearly nervous.

"You know I never really got nervous performing a song to anyone. Until well now...

Marinette's eyes widened.

"Luka did you finish-"

"Consider this a going away present to you."

He picked up his guitar and played his heart out. Everything he was feeling for this girl. This one miraculous girl. The good moments, the bad ones, well there were no bad moments with Marinette. He smiled. Thinking about how much this girl meant to him.

And the girl right in front of him realized just how much he meant to her. She felt herself tear up. She knew it was six months, but god, she knew this was gonna hurt. She knew that after Luka left he would be swept up by these amazing opportunities. A tear slipped down her cheek. She knew that she would be happy for him, but part of her knew that she wanted him to stay with her, and as soon as he came back from a world tour, Luka wouldn't be exactly the same. Paris wouldn't be enough for him. She wouldn't be enough for him. The tune ended.

"So what did you think?"

Marinette could only nod. She was all choked up. "I love it." She whispered through tears... and then... kissed him.

The kiss was everything a kiss should be. It was emotional. It was passionate. It was bitter and sweet from their tears mixing together. She didn't know how she was going to let go of him. She didn't even know how she cracked up the courage to just lean in and kiss him. As she was having these thoughts, Luka was taken by surprise. It quickly ended, as he put his hand on the crook of her neck pushing her lightly towards him, deepening the kiss. Eventually, they broke away. Marinette opened her eyes slowly. She didn't even know she had- had them closed. For a moment they were silent. All they could do was stare at each other.

Luka looked at this beautiful girl in front of him. Her pink glossy lips, her bluebell eyes, her adorable freckles-

"Marinette. All you have to do is say the word and I'll drop everything and stay."

"Luka this is an amazing opportunity for you, I don't want you to give this up because of-"

"Stop thinking about what other people want. What do you want Marinette?"

She looked at this boy. The sincerity of him. His aqua eyes anticipating her answer. She tried to think of Adrien, or-or even Chat Noir, or an excuse to say no but she couldn't. She wanted him to stay. But she knew she couldn't- She wouldn't be the one to hold him back. She couldn't think about herself when they were- She opened her mouth and closed it.

(A/N: 🥺)

"All you have to do is tell me to stay and I'll stay."

A couple minutes passed of silence.

Tears started to run down her cheeks faster and faster until she found herself sobbing.

She couldn't do it. She couldn't take him away.

Luka sighed. "It's okay, Marinette. I get it. I'm gonna go back upstairs... I'll give you a minute..."

And with that she watched the guitarist leave. Hearing him walk up the stairs, back turned towards her. She could've sworn she heard a sniffle come from him, but before she knew it he was gone

Giving herself a minute, Tikki came out of the bag to console her. Reassuring her that she did the right thing. Tikki snuggled against Marinette's cheek as the girl clutched onto her and sobbed even harder.

Soon, she went back up. Everything was the same as she left it to go downstairs. Her eyes were a little puffy and she still had a huge lump in her throat. The stars still sparkled on the dark canvass above them and Luka was still leaving for six months.

Everyone gathered and waved to her to come over. Even Luka gave her a small wave. She smiled and came over.

"Umm... guys, I- I think I'm gonna call it a night."

They all chimed in with their protests.

"Guys it's fine." Luka insisted, "Marinette's just a little tired and it is getting late anyways. Let me walk you off the boat?"

She nodded.

They crossed the wobbly boat onto solid ground. She looked at him. Absorbing everything about him for the last time for six months maybe more, "Goodbye, Luka." She said, trying to put up a strong front. She knew she did a terrible job because Luka gave her a reassuring smile.

"Goodbye, Ma-Ma-Marinette."

She let out a sharp inhale and turned her back to him as she walked away. The walking turned into running and the tears that were on the verge of running down her face, ran. They ran fast. She kept running until she bumped into something or someone...

(A/N: I cried from above. This is so canon for Luka. My number one homie)

"Woah easy girl."

She looked up to see Alya, Nino, Adrien, and Kagami. She had forgotten that they went on a double date.

"What- what are you guys doing here."

"Going to the going away party," Kagami said plainly with Adrien's arm draped around her shoulder.

"Oh.."

"Girl shouldn't you be there? Are you okay?" Alya inquired.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine. Actually I was just leaving."

Alya looked at her friend not believing her friend for one second.

"Marinette are you okay?"

"I already told you I was fine." Marinette said more firmly and in a more snappish tone. They probably would've believed her if it wasn't for the voice crack that came out at the end of that sentence.

Adrien broke away from Nino, Kagami, and Alya. He didn't know what he was doing. He didn't even know what she was upset about, but since New York...And right now. She needed him. She had the same look of abondamment and hurt he had felt for the past three years. Who had done this to her? He felt himself go in and... hug her.

Marinette took a stifled breath out.

"Everything will be okay I promise." Adrien reassured her.

(A/N: Chat Noir said that in Chat Blanc🥺)

Marinette gladly accepted and collapsed in his arms. Sobbing.

"Marinette what happened?"

She buried her head deeper into his neck.

Marinette looked at the green eyed angel, her bluebell eyes coated in tears. "Why can't I just mean what I say?"

Adrien smiled and whispered, "You mean, say what you mean*?"

Marinette buried her head into her friend, closing her eyes tightly. Tears streaming down her face. She didn't dare open her eyes. She knew she would find Kagami, Alya, and Nino staring at her in pity and confusion. Although the boy in front of her was giving the same things.

That was the night that her feelings for Adrien died. She still kept his pictures as if they were tribute or if she was still clinging to their romantic moments, but she did as you all know from Chapter four, eventually took them down.

She broke away from Adrien, as Alya chimed in that she'd walk her home.

Alya turned to the group, "You guys go ahead tell Luka I said goodbye. I'm gonna stay with Marinette."

"Wait Alya," she protested.

But before she knew it Alya was walking her to her house for a sleepover and tea.

If she stayed a little longer she would've seen Adrien break away from Kagami and Nino to run after her. But he was too late as the girls had gone home. And so Adrien Agreste was left shouting in the dark trying to find Marinette, who had already left.

(A/N: DON'T WORRY GUYS THIS IS A FANFIC ON THE LOVESQUARE! JUST WAIT A LITTLE LONGER.  Also the quote above was said in Bubbler.)

- End of Chapter 8-

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.3K 1.2K 24
โFinish my heart.โž ------ You could say they were pretty well acquainted. Well, of course, her alter ego was close with Chat Noir, but her civillian...
60K 823 23
Lila has finally turned her class against Marinette. Marinette barely has any friends left and doesn't think she can forgive her friends. After an ac...
159K 3.9K 31
Saving Marinette from Evilistrator was all that Adrien needed to see Marinette more and get to know her. Once he saved her, he ended up visiting her...
165K 2.7K 21
"Chat don't look" ladybug said weakly. "M'lady your badly hurt!" "Turn around!" Ladybug said as her earrings were flashing. Chat turned around with h...