The Legend of Zelda: Rise of...

By ZeldaFan00003

This is basically a beta of my newest work, the Saviors of Hyrule, so you can read that on my Ao3 if you want... More

Prologue
Chapter 1: A Boy Deep in the Forests
Chapter 3: A Daring Rescue
Chapter 4: Welcome to Faron Woods
Chapter 5: Wonders of the Great Hyrule Forest
Chapter 6: Awakening of a Hero
Chapter 7: Hyrule Field
Chapter 8: The Old Hero
Chapter 9: Captured
Chapter 10: Zelda
Chapter 11: Misko, the Great Bandit
Chapter 12: Hyrule Ridge
Chapter 13: Tanagar Canyon
Chapter 14: The Tabantha Frontier
Chapter 15: Revali, the Rito Archer
Chapter 16: Search for the Blizzard Rod
Chapter 17: Journey to Gerudo
Chapter 18: Secrets deep within the Desert
Chapter 19: The Desert Palace
Chapter 20: Twilight Chaos
Chapter 21: A New Mission
Chapter 22 - Beware Fool, the Eye of the Yiga
Chapter 23: The Sheikah
Chapter 24: Hateno Village
Chapter 25: Quest to Save Zelda
Chapter 26: Meet the Zora
Chapter 27: Mount Lanayru
Chapter 28: Sahasrahla and the Eastern Palace
Chapter 29: King Bulblin's Revenge
Chapter 30: Kakariko City
Chapter 31: Into the Graveyard
Chapter 32: Death Mountain
Chapter 33: Within the Goron Mines
Chapter 34: Journey to Argia
Chapter 35: Lord Ghirahim
Chapter 36: Into the Twilight Realm
Chapter 37: The Battle with Zant
Chapter 38: The Heroes of Hyrule vs Ganon Part 1
Chapter 39: The Heroes of Hyrule vs Ganon Part 2
Chapter 40: Fall of a Risen Hero
Chapter 41: Rise of a Fallen Hero
Chapter 42: Return of the King
Chapter 43: The Fallen Kingdom
Chapter 44: The First Sage
Chapter 45: Return of Daruk
Chapter 46: Return of Mipha
Chapter 47: Secrets of the Zonai and the Sheikah
Chapter 48: Tragedy of the Sheikah
Chapter 49: Return of Revali
Chapter 50: The Battle at the Tower of Hera
Chapter 51: Urbosa has not Returned
Chapter 52: Attack of the Yiga Clan
Chapter 53: Return of Princess Zelda
Chapter 54: The Invasion of Castle Town
Chapter 55: Awakening of a Calamity
Chapter 56: The Battle of Hyrule Field
Chapter 57: The Legendary Hero
Chapter 58: Calamity Ganon
Chapter 59 - The Final Battle
Chapter 60: The End
Epilogue

Chapter 2: The Battle of Ordon

101 2 0
By ZeldaFan00003

Link stuck his Farmer's Pitchfork up the snout of a Bullbo until it dropped over dead, causing its Bulblin passenger to fly off and hit a wall.

Rusl and the others were long gone now, and must of Ordon Village was in ruins.

Link's Uncle parried with the Hero's Shield and sliced up a Bulblin with the Ordon Sword.

Link watched in amazement

I feel like I belong with a sword, not some stupid pitchfork.

Link continued hitting Bulblins but he was glancing at Uncle every opportunity, to see the way he swiftly id a spin attack, then swung the sword three times in a row, disarmed a Bulblin...

Epona even helped out by kicking a Bullbo, which caused the end of a Bulblin Archer who nearly blew up Link with a Bomb Arrow.

Suddenly, another quake happened, as the large monster known as Lord Bullbo crashed through what was left of the town gates, and King Bulblin roared, before blowing a trumpet to summon more nearby monsters.

"Something is happening in Hyrule" Uncle said to Link as they stared in horror at the menace who confronted them "Something Dark that is driving the monsters to destroy all life. If the rumors really are true and the Dictators who usurped the throne bow to the same one as the monsters then that can only mean one thing..."

At King Bulblin's command, a Bulblin archer fired a normal arrow at the two, and it hit Link's Uncle right in the chest.

"Aag!" he yelped as Link lifted his heavy body up onto Epona.

King Bulblin and the other monsters roared in the distance in rage as the two retreated.

Link rode Epona as she dashed down the path of the Ordon Woods, heading for Link's House.

Wait... Maybe we can get Uncle some water at Ordon Spring, the spring where the ancient light spirit once resided.

Link took control of Epona and directed her into the Ordon Spring, where Link, Ilia, and the children of Ordon once played in the water back in the good old days...

Epona stopped at the Spring, and it seemed the Bulblins had decided against pursuing the group.

Link set down Uncle in the water against a wall, and as he coughed the water turned red.

"This...is....the....end..." Link's Uncle coughed "So......sorry.....for...not...appreciating..... and Aryll...."

"You can't die Uncle!" Link said "No matter how mean you were, you can't go!"

"...." Cough "Take the sword and shield Link"

"what?"

"The Ordon Sword and Hero's Shield....from Rusl.....take them....."

Link took the two weapons as his Uncle said to.

"You...deserve...powerful sword.....and Hero shiled.....your name is Link.....and....courage......and that means you are the" cough "you are the-"

Link's Uncle closed his eyes and the blood stopped coming

He was dead

"Uncle!" Link laid the Emblazoned Shield and Farmer's Pitchfork over his Uncle's body, and rode back to his house on Epona with the two new weapons.

"What happened?" Aryll asked when Link returned "You appear to have new weapons, you're covered in blood, and you look like you've just fought in a war!"

"Because I did" Link muttered "Ordon Village was raided by Bulblins, Uncle was killed. I got these from him since he got them from Rusl, and I got rid of the old weapons I used"

"Uncle's dead? Just like that!"

"I know...." Link said "And I learned a lot about Hyrule's current state that I didn't know. Apparently-"

"Just get some lunch, since it's already noon" Aryll said "You could use a Big Hearty Radish!"

"A Big Hearty Radish!" Link exclaimed "I'll recover strength with that for sure! Where did you find it! Those aren't common"

"Found it in the woods along with some Bokoblin Guts" Aryll held up a gross purple object which had once been the internal organs of a Bokoblin.

"That's not good" Link said "Bokoblin Guts come from stronger Bokoblins like blue or black ones, which aren't to be messed with. And if one of their body parts is around here then...."

Link and Aryll were thinking the same thing, and they looked at Epona

"Then I need to Master the art of a sword"

"Okay" Aryll agreed "I'll wash off the Big Hearty Radish and get the Sizzlefin Trouts ready"

Aryll headed inside to fix up lunch while Link played with the sword

He swung it around once, and it felt like he had done it a million times.

He suddenly had some kind of a flashback to something that never happened to him.

Wearing a blue tunic....A Champion's Tunic....I'm a Champion, serving with my four friends who are also champions...Must, defend, Hyrule. Destroy, traitors, before......

He was swinging a different blue sword at blurry red men who were cackling as they grabbed a sickle and did something to a robed lady while firing arrows at a bearded man with a crown...

Swing the sword...Must...protect....Royal Family...Must protect baby Zelda.....must defend Hyrule from evil......must not die on the Champions, for they will....

And then, with the slice of a Demon Carver, the flashback was over

"What was that?" Link yelped as he came to "I don't know what all that was!"

He performed a sword move he didn't even know existed, and it was perfect

Epona began loudly making noise out of nowhere.

"Aryll! Help!"

"Okay!" Aryll rushed out of the house

"Why's Epona acting up?" Link asked as the horse kicked around

"Dunno" Aryll replied "Don't see any monsters or animals around..."

Link turned around and was glancing at the house, and when he turned around a squad of Red Bokoblins led by a Blue one were before Aryll.

The Blue Bokoblin waved it's Spiked Boko Spear for Link to see it, and grabbed Aryll, and ran off with the other Bokoblins.

NO!

Link completely forgot Epona and chased after the Bokoblins on foot.

"GET BACK HERE YOU-"

Link chased them through the Ordon Woods, and instead of taking a turn to the remains of Ordon Village or continuing to the Ordon Spring, the Bokoblins climbed up the hill that marks Tal Tal Heights.

Link also climbed up onto Tal Tal Heights and came face to face with a Blue Bokoblin that was fighting with a salvaged Knight's Broadsword, a weapon even deadlier than a Spiked Boko Club, probably robbed from the corpse of a fallen soldier.

The Blue Bokoblin cut the air, and Link almost lost his grip and fell of off the hill.

He climbed back up, as he had the courage to face the monsters even if he was outnumbered.

The Blue Bokoblin cut at Link again, and Link fell off and tumbled to the ground, unconscious.

Link had an odd dream.

"You cannot give up Link" a female voice said "You must have courage, and prevail before Hyrule falls. You are the light....The Light that must shine upon Hyrule once again"

Link woke up, and climbed back up onto Tal Tal Heights.

The Bokoblins were long gone.

He walked across the rocky platform, and up ahead the vast mountain range spread out, with the single tallest mountain standing alone in the middle.

Link wasn't looking where he was walking and bumped into something.

"Huh" he said "What's this? A Treasure Chest?"

Let's open it!

He opened it, and inside was a quiver to store arrows

Neat I guess, although I don't have a bow or arrows

But wait, there's more!

"A Boomerang!" Link exclaimed as he grabbed a boomerang from the chest "Interesting"

Link proceeded to the Tal Tal Mountain Range.

He had to get Aryll back from those Bokoblins!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.8K 309 29
This is the sequel story to The Princess and Her Knight. It would be helpful (but not necessarily imperative) to read that story before this one. One...
3.3K 39 15
THIS IS A FANFICTION THAT WAS NEVER FINISHED. BUT THERE'S A REWRITTEN VERSION OF IT IN PRODUCTION WHICH IS CALLED "DIARY OF THE LOST" "I just want to...
6K 189 11
The legend of the hero, Link, the Goddess reborn, Zelda, and evil reincarnate, Ganon has been ingrained in the history of Hyrule from its very incept...
6.3K 161 62
Time has passed. Hyrule is getting rebuilt. Zelda on the other hand is not quite sure what to do. She is no longer a princess, She's a queen with res...