Forbidden Fruit

By LoveBlossomx

Bloods Vs. Crips East Side Vs. West Side The Montagues Vs. The Capulets. You've probably heard of these infam... More

Preface
Author's Note/ Disclaimer
CAPITOLO UNO- Traitors Price
CAPITOLO DUE- The Giovannis
CAPITOLO TRE- The Anderson Brothers
CAPITOLO QUATTRO- Trouble in Paradise
CAPITOLO CINQUE- Out for Blood
CAPITOLO SEI- Twisted Tales
CAPITOLO SETTE- Desires of the Heart
CAPITOLO OTTO- Gabriel's Gift
CAPITOLO NEVE- Family Feud
CAPITOLO DEICI- Special Delivery
CAPITOLO UNDICI- Retaliation
CAPITOLO DODICI- Mission Brief
CAPITOLO TREDICI- Bombshells
CAPITOLO QUATTORDICI- Say Goodbye
CAPITOLO QUINTO- Bad B's
CAPITOLO SEDICI- Phase One
CAPITOLO DICIASSETTE- Intuition
CAPITOLO DICIOTTO- Act Up Once
CAPITOLO DICIANNOVE- Act Up Again
CAPITOLO VENTI- Maury
CAPITOLO VENTUNO- Decisions
CAPITOLO VENTIDUE- Reckless
CAPITOLO VENTITRE- Reckless 2.0
CAPITOLO VENTIQUATTRO- New Body
CAPITOLO VENTICINQUE- Thanksgiving
CAPITOLO VENTISEI- The Six Kings
CAPITOLO VENTISETTE- Cienna
CAPITOLO VENTIOTTO- Building Bonds
CAPITOLO VENTINOVE- The Wrong One
CAPITOLO TRENTA- Can We Talk?
CAPITOLO TRENTUNO- 42 Questions
CAPITOLO TRENTADUE- Something New
CAPITOLO TRENTATRE- Comfortable
CAPITOLO TRENTAQUATTRO- Impulse
CAPITOLO TRENTACINQUE- Insecure
CAPITOLO TRENTASEI- Throwback
CAPITOLO TRENTASETTE- Venting
CAPTIOLO TRENTAOTTO- Friends?
CAPITOLO TRENTANOVE- Birthday Girl
Q&A
CAPITOLO QUARANTA- Entanglements
CAPITOLO QUARANTAUNO- Duty Calls
CAPITOLO QUARANTADUE- Fallin'
CAPITOLO QURANTATRE- The Motions
CAPITOLO QUARANTAQUATTRO- C Day
CAPITOLO QURANTACINQUE- Kingpins
CAPITOLO QURANTASEI- April Fools
CAPITOLO QUARANTASETTE- Love?
CAPITOLO QUARANTOTTO- Chaos
CAPITOLO QUARANTANOVE- Destruction
CAPITOLO CINQUANTA- Anger vs Pain
CAPITOLO CINQUANTUNO- Miami Vibes
CAPITOLO CINQUEDUE- Gone Too Far
CAPITOLO CINQUANTATRE- Home
❤️Christmas Special- Q&A w/the Crew❤️
CAPITOLO CINQUANTAQUATTRO- Remit
CAPITOLO CINQUANTACINQUE - Amity
CAPITOLO CINQUANTASETTE-Trade Off
CAPITOLO CINQUANTOTTO- Disruptions
CAPITOLO CINQUANTANOVE- Conflict
CAPITOLO SESSANTA-Bittersweet
CAPITOLO SESSANTUNO- Company
CAPITOLO SESSANTODUE- Olive Branch
CAPITOLO SESSANTATRE- Assertion
CAPITOLO SESSANTAQUATTRO-Rekindle
CAPITOLO SESSANTACINQUE- Caution
CAPITOLO SESSANTASEI- Birthday Boy
CAPITOLO SESSANTASEI- Checkmate
CAPITOLO SESSANTASETTE- Border Control
CAPITOLO SESSANTOTTO- Judgement Day
CAPITOLO SESSANTANOVE- Trials and Tribulations

CAPITOLO CINQUANTASEI- Boundaries

1.1K 60 978
By LoveBlossomx

"Just 'cus I love you and you love me, it doesn't mean that we're meant to be." -Jazmine Sullivan

Negril, Jamaica📍
9:30 am
May 4th '19

It was a sunny Saturday morning in the tropical isle of Jamaica and though the atmosphere was warm and bright, the mood around the Anderson household was slightly opposite. After almost a two week delay, It was finally Maria's last day in Negril and though her suitcases were all packed and waiting by the door, Maria was held up on the porch by her family because none of them wanted her to go.

"Momma, c'mon, just stay here." Chris pouts as he holds on to his mother's hand. "You know you're gonna miss me so I don't see why you setting yourself up for that kinda heartache."

Maria laughs as she pulls her son into a warm hug. "I will miss you baby but nothing you say or do will convince me to stay. I love you all very much but I've already stayed longer than planned and like I've I been told y'all, I have business to handle with Aunty Lola back in Kingston."

"This feels like child abuse." Chris grumbles, pulling away from his mother's embrace as she chuckles.

"Right, I should just call the police." Michael chimes, coming up beside them, "You know Mrs Anderson, there's laws against leaving your children alone."

"Yes, I am aware." Maria's eyes twinkle with amusement as she looks up at her eldest son, "But I am also aware of that law being applicable only if the child is under the age of 18. Last time I checked, all of y'all are grown."

"Except for Cici." Michael says smartly, "Ain't that right, baby girl?"

"Yes, Nana I'm only 4 so you can't go! I don't want you to go to jail!" Cienna voices with her eyes wide with panic.

Maria throws Michael a subtle look before scooping Cienna up into her arms, "Calm down baby, you don't have to worry bout Nana going to jail and you wanna know why?"

"Mhm," Cienna looks into her grandmother's warm eyes with her sad doe ones.

"Because you have both of your parents, your uncle and your aunties to look after you." Maria smiles and kisses her cheek.

"Okay," Cienna sighs, "But Nana, even though you won't go to jail for leaving, I still I don't want you to go." She protests softly with a quivering bottom lip: a clear sign that the waterworks were about to begin.

Maria's face softens at the sight.

"Oh my baby." She coos as she picks up Cienna who couldn't hold in her tears any longer. "Aww, don't cry sugar plum, I'm not going away forever. I'll be back to spend a weekend with you every month."

Swiftly, Maria wipes the tears that were spilling from Cienna's eyes and plants warm kisses on her cheek for further comfort but neither actions were enough to console the sad little girl. Eventually, Rheah had to pry Cienna off of her grandmother but even she couldn't deny the feeling of wanting to hold onto Ms Maria and soil her blouse in tears herself until she changed her mind.

The reality of her departure was drawing closer by the second, causing Rheah's apprehensions about being left alone with the Anderson children to grow even further. For now, the brothers and Janaé were behaving themselves, but who knew if things would continue to stay the same once Maria left and how long the 'peace' would last?

"We're really going to miss you, Ms Maria." Rheah tells her, rubbing Cienna's back in comfort but her own eyes were beginning to gloss over. Just like her daughter, Rheah wasn't a fan of saying goodbye. However, she holds it together as one bawling Giovanni was enough to handle.

A sad smile forms on Maria's lips. "I'll miss you too, my dear." She pulls Rheah into one of her signature warm motherly embraces Rheah always found herself melting in.

Eventually pulling away from the hug, Maria turns to Cataleya. "And you know I will definitely be back soon to check on you and my twin grand babies!" She grins.

Cataleya engulfs Maria into a warm hug. "I'll be counting the days."

"So will I!" Maria laughs.

Eventually, she pulls back, moving on to her daughter who was waiting patiently for her turn.

"My angel," Maria muses, wrapping her arms around her. "I love you, so much."

"I love you too, Momma." Janaé's voice came out muffled as her face was buried in her mother's shoulder.

"Alright now," Maria starts as Janaé separates from
the embrace, "Don't give your brothers too much trouble or else they have permission to send you right back to me."

"Yes Ma." Janaé rolls her eyes playfully, "But only if they promise to stop picking on me."

Michael smirks, "Now you know I can't make that promise Naé bae. Goes against the code of older brothers."

"Facts." Chris co-signs, "What's the point of having a little sister if we can't mess with her?" He says while his eyes dazzle with amusement.

Janaé mean mugs them both before turning to her mother. "Momma, you sure I can't come with you?"

Maria laughs, "No baby, trust me, you'll be bored in Kingston, so you're better off here with your brothers. But don't worry, they won't trouble you if they know what's good for them."

At her subtle threat, Michael and Chris turn away from their mother's light scowl until she eventually turns back to Janaé. "I'm just a phone call away, baby and I'll be back next month so if anything happens just keep me updated until then."

Janaé smiles, "Alright Ma."

The two share a chuckle before Maria cups her daughter's cheek. "And remember to give it time, baby girl." She tells her softly once their laughter dies down. "Give it time."

Janaé nods, understanding the hidden meaning to her mother's words. She knew staying in this house was going to be a little more challenging without her mother, especially when her brothers wouldn't always be around. But as long as the girls stayed out of her way, she would be fine until she was ready to even consider forgiving them.

After planting a soft kiss on her daughter's forehead, Maria moves on to her eldest.

"And last but certainly not least, my baby, Mickey." She grins as he pulls him into a hug. "I love you, son."

"I love you too, Momma." Michael smiles, indulging in her warm embrace.

Maria pulls away. "Alright now, you already know what I'm going to tell you."

"Yes Ma," Michael drags, "Be good, look after my brother and sister–"

"And don't do anything stupid." Maria finishes his sentence.

Michael gasps in fake offence, "C'mon Ma, you know I'm the responsible one. You gotta tell that to TweedleDee and and TweedleDum over here." He points at his siblings.

Chris scoffs, turning to his sister. "There he goes with his delusions again."

Janaé shakes her head. "He needs to see a doctor ASAP, this is getting out of hand."

The two snicker between each other while Michael rolls his eyes.

"I see y'all got jokes. But Janaé don't come crying to me when Chris starts re-enacting WWE on you and body slams yo ass somewhere."

Chris waves Michael off dismissively. "Don't listen to him Naé bae, he just jealous of the bond we have."

He slings an arm around Janaé's shoulders and pulls her into a hug. She smiles, hugging him back but suddenly finds herself struggling to break free from his tight chokehold.

"Okay Chris let me go!" She squirms while Chris chuckles deviously and tightens his his grip. "Mickey! Momma! Help!"

Michael scoffs while Cienna and the sisters giggle at the sight.

"Alright you two, break it up." Maria lightly chastises them, "And Chris, come and help your brother bring these bags in the car." She instructs while taking up her carry-on and heading to the Range Rover.

On cue, Janaé smacks Chris hard enough for him to release her from his grasp but not without Chris messing her hair up in the process.

"You're so annoying Christopher!" Janaé huffs while trying to smooth down the flyaways from her once neatly sleeked back hairstyle.

"YoU'Re sO aNnOying ChRistOPHer," He mimics childishly, causing Janaé to stick her middle finger up at him discreetly.

In response, Chris chuckles and playfully pushes her before he and Michael each take a suitcase, bringing it to the car while Maria waves goodbye and blows kisses to the girls.

As the Giovannis and Janaé watch the brothers load the suitcases swiftly into the trunk and make their way into the car, something else catches Janaé's eye.

"Your baby sitters are here." She announces.

The sisters gaze in the direction Janaé was looking at just in time to see a sleek white BMW X5 SUV and a chocolate brown Harley-Davidson Softail pull up in the driveway. Cataleya watches as Romeo takes off his black helmet before dismounting the motorbike.

"Well damn, that man is fine..." Janaé bites her lips, staring as Romeo talks animatedly to the brothers and Maria from within the car.

While Rheah smirks at the comment, Cataleya shoots Janaé a subtle side-eye before turning away just as Romeo approaches them.

"Good morning ladies." He greets, flashing a warm handsome smile towards the three of them.

"Good morning Romeo." Rheah and Janaé chorus, mirroring his smile.

"Shakespeare." Cataleya greets with a wry smile.

Naturally, Romeo's eyes linger on Cataleya with amusement before he turns his gaze towards Janaé, "So Naé I take it you're going back to Kingston on a later date?"

Janaé shakes her head, "Nah, I'm not going back to Kingston at all. Momma's orders."

"Oh? How come?" Romeo asks curiously.

Janaé shrugs, "She said I gotta stay here with the young people and bond." She pulls a fake smile.

Romeo nods his head with a small chuckle. "I see, well that's cool. I'm glad you're sticking around."

Though, he didn't mean anything by it, Janaé's smile widens at the polite comment. "Thanks, Rome." She bats her eyelashes at him. The girls stare at her before sharing a subtle look of judgement between themselves.

Following not too far behind Romeo, Jalil had already stepped out of his vehicle to talk to the brothers and was now waving them goodbye as their car drove off. He then opens the passenger door of his vehicle and carries a little girl out. Rheah's face brightens at the sight, pleased that Michael had actually listened to her and spoke to Jalil. She looks to Cienna who was already staring at the little girl curiously.

"Wagwarn ladies." Jalil grins once he approaches them.

"Hey Jalil." The girls greet just as cheerful.

"And just who is this pretty little lady you got here with you?" Cataleya asks, smiling at the little toddler holding Jalil's hand.

She was a beautiful little girl with smooth chestnut brown skin, adorable dark umber eyes that had a playful glint to them and a head full of hair; her cute little twists cascading down to her shoulders with pink and white beads at the ends.

"Ladies, this is my little girl Kianni." Jalil grins proudly, "Kiki, say hello."

"Hello." Kianni waves with a bright grin resembling her father's.

"Aww!" The three women coo at her sweet little voice and heavy accent, "Hey Kianni."

"It's nice to finally meet you, baby girl." Janaé approaches first and bends down to her level, "I'm Janaé but you can call me Aunty Naé."

"Hi Aunty Naé, I like your hair, it's very pretty." Kianni compliments politely.

"And I love yours," Janaé grins. "It's pretty, just like you."

"Thank you," Kianni twists on her feet slightly, trying to conceal her blush.

"You're most welcome sweetheart." Janaé cups her cheeks softly before she rises up from her crouched position.

Not missing a beat, Cataleya rushes to introduce herself next followed by Romeo who re-aquatints himself with the little girl, both of them leaving Kianni smiling bashfully with their endearing comments and giggling endlessly at their light jokes. It wasn't long before it was Rheah's turn to introduce herself along with Cienna's.

"Hey Kianni, I'm Rheah but you can call me Aunty Rhee." She grins, drawing closer to the little girl and sticks her hand out for her to shake.

"Hello, Aunty Rhee, it's nice to meet you." Kianni says softly with a bright smile all while shaking Rheah's hand.

"Likewise baby girl. You know, I heard so much about you from your daddy and I just had to meet the beautiful princess for myself." Rheah beams.

"Really?" Kianni's eyes widen slightly.

"Yes! I thought, why not have this special little girl I've heard so much about meet another special little girl I know?" Rheah winks.

Naturally, Kianni's eyes drift to the little girl peering at her shyly from up high within Rheah's arms before locking her gaze back on Rheah's.

"Is that her?" Kianni asks almost in a whisper.

"Mhm." Rheah smiles, "This is my daughter," She places Cienna down and looks to her, "Introduce yourself, amore mia."

A curious yet shy Cienna stares at Kianni while she holds her mother's hand tight.

"Hello, I'm Cienna." She mutters quietly.

"Hi Cienna." Kianni waves to her with a bright smile. "My name is Kianni but you can call me Kiki."

"Hi Kiki." Cienna repeats almost above a whisper.

The adults watch as the two little girls fall into a moment of silence and a light stare down. While Kianni's eyes were warm, bright and welcoming, Cienna's were dazzling with curiosity and apprehension. Wanting to help the two little girls out of the growing awkward moment, Rheah speaks up once more.

"Cienna, how about you tell Kianni your nickname?" She encourages, "You'll see they sound very similar."

"Uh, my nickname is Cici." Cienna says, twisting her shirt around her finger nervously while peeking up at Kianni through her lashes. "So my Mommy is right, Cici and Kiki does sound the same."

"Yeah," Kianni grins, "They just begin with different letters. Mine is a K and yours is a C. But sometimes people use them for the same name. One of my friends at school is named Courtney but she spells it with a 'K'."

"Yeah, that's like a boy from my daycare called Kristian but normally people spell Kristian- C.H.R.I.S.T.I.A.N." Cienna  responds quietly.

"Cici, you sound very smart but how comes you talk so quietly?" Kianni asks with a slight tilt of her head, "Does your voice not work properly?"

"It does." Cienna cringes, feeling a wave of embarrassment wash over her. "I don't usually talk like this but I'm shy and when I meet new people I get nervous."

"Me too!" Kianni gasps, causing the adults around her to smirk. "Wow we almost alike!"

They all watch as she moves closer to Cienna and takes her hand before gently pulling her away from the safety of Rheah's leg.

"I'm 4, how old are you?" Kianni asks, her accent coming through with every word she spoke.

A bashful Cienna peers down at their hands. "I'm 4 too," She answers quietly. "Are you going to be my new friend?"

Kianni smiles, "Yes, but only if you're nice."

Cienna nods her head frantically. "I am nice, I promise, my Mommy says I talk too much sometimes but that's it."

A chorus of chuckles from the adults surround the little girls as all eyes look on with amusement at the scene playing out in front of them.

"My mummy says the same thing!" Kianni gasps in shock.

Cienna's eyes widen. "Does that mean we're twins?"

"Maybe..." Kianni smiles, "We have the same hairstyle," She shakes her head and her twists sway from side to side and the sound of her beads knocking against each other fill the foyer, "We're both shy and we're both 4."

Cienna's eyes light up but her face soon grows confused. "But Kiki if we're twins, how comes my mommy and daddy aren't your mommy and daddy?"

"Hmm..." Kianni frowns before turning to Jalil. "Daddy are me and Cici twins? Because we don't have the same mummy and daddy."

Jalil chuckles, "Biologically no.... but by the way this conversation went, yuh might as well be."

"Bigololically?" The toddlers tilt their heads, puzzled.

The adults chuckle at two adorable little girls.

"It's a big word I've yet to teach you sweetie, but it simply means that you share the same genes as someone else." Rheah tells her daughter.

Cienna nods though her eyebrows were still creased with confusion. "So if I share my jeans with Kianni, she'll be my twin?" She asks, pointing to her jeans.

Rheah tries not to laugh at her daughter's confusion as the rest stifle in their giggles, settling for simple smirks and shaking their head instead.

"It's a little more complicated than that, amore mia, but if you guys want to be twins then you can be." Rheah responds.

The two little girls' eyes light up along with their smiles as they look to each other.

"You want to be my twin Kianni?" Cienna grins.

"Yes!" Kianni nods with enthusiasm. "I've always wanted one. Now we can play tea parties and dress up like princesses!"

Cienna beams at the idea, "And then we can watch Moana and The Lion King!"

Kianni's grin falls dramatically, "Oh no!"

"What's wrong?" Cienna's face mimics Kianni's as her voice fills with concern.

"I left all my dolls and princess stuff at home." Kianni's voice trembles as she looks down at her feet trying not to cry.

"Don't worry," Cienna smiles, taking Kianni's hand and pulls her further into the house, "I have enough for the both of us so we can share. My Mommy says sharing is caring and since you're my twin, I have to care for you too."

And just like that, Kianni's grin was back on her face. "Cici you're the best twin ever!" She beams as she wraps Cienna in a bear hug.

Cienna giggles, hugging Kianni back for a moment before pulling away from the hug and taking her hand, "Come on, let's go set up the tea party. You know how Mr. Bubbles gets when tea is late."

"Oh yes," Kianni snickers beneath her hand-covered mouth, "And how Mrs. Bubbles gets when Mr. Bubbles is grumpy."

As the two little girls skip deeper into the house, giggling and rambling about who knows what, the adults stalk slowly behind them having conversations of their own.

"Awww that was so cute!" Rheah gushes, "Wow, the baby fever is real!"

"Very!" Both Cataleya and Janaé remark at the same time with the same amount of enthusiasm, earning a subtle side glare from each other.

Behind them, Romeo internally chuckles at the childish moment. He could already tell today was going to be a very long and interesting day.

"Aye Rhee, don't sweat it." Jalil smirks as he slings an arm around her. "You know, I'm down to go halves on 'em anytime."

Rheah playfully pushes Jalil off her. "As if," She recoils, "You know damn well bestiality is illegal and nasty as fuck."

While the others erupt with laughter, Jalil clutches his chest. "Woah, that was cold!" He blinks dramatically, "Now I see why your baby daddy don't fuck with you no more."

"Oooo!" The others instigate behind them.

Rheah couldn't deny, his comment had definitely triggered her but she brushes it off, knowing Jalil was just joking around. "Well it's his loss 'cus he missing out on a real thing." She remarks.

"Let em know sis!" Cataleya hypes, "These niggas need to know they ain't make 'em like you since... well never."

"Periodt." Rheah chuckles while doing the 'City Girls' hand movement. "Bad Bitch. Special edition."

Janaé lets out a bemused snort, "More like lying bit–"

"Uh, y'all eat breakfast yet?" Romeo swiftly interjects loudly, cutting off Janaé and drawing her along with Rheah and Jalil's attention onto him. Cataleya's narrowed eyes however, linger suspiciously on Janaé.

She could have sworn she heard her gearing up to say something outta pocket but clearly Romeo cared enough about her to save her life. Reluctantly, Cataleya finally draws her eyes off of Janaé and onto Romeo who was already giving her a 'please, just let it go' look.

"Well," Rheah speaks up first, "Unless you count stealing some of the fruit salad and cereal I made for Cici then no." She smiles sheepishly.

"Okay," Romeo's lips curve with amusement, "Naé?"

"Nah," Janaé shakes her head, "Ain't get a chance since Momma was leaving so early, I just woke up in time for that."

"Makes sense," Romeo nods and turns his gaze to Cataleya, "Ms Leya ?"

"No," Cataleya says with boredom dripping from her voice, "And the quicker we get this bullshit survey over with, the quicker I can go feed me and my babies."

Romeo puts his hand up in defence, "Hey, I was just tryna figure out how much to make."

"Yeah, okay. If that's the story you're going with." Cataleya snorts, slipping past Jalil and Rheah as she heads towards the kitchen, "Rhee, I'll see you in a bit."

"Okay, don't forget your vitamins!" Rheah calls out to her sister, watching her strangely as she walks away.

"I won't." Cataleya sings in an almost patronising tone before disappearing around the corridor bend.

"Okay Imma go catch up with her," Romeo claps his hands together, "I'll text Lil when breakfast is done." He points at Jalil with a smile before turning around and jogging off down the corridor behind Cataleya.

"Uh, did I miss something?" Jalil inquiries, his voice filled with both amusement and confusion.

"Nope but you already know how pregnant people get," Janaé shrugs and turns on her heels, heading towards the kitchen as well, "Then again, I think the term 'bitch' always resides with Cataleya."

Rheah's eyebrows knit together swiftly. "Uh no, what you're not going to do is that. Keep my sister's name out of your mouth and the disrespectful comments along with it."

Janaé turns back around to face Rheah, a cynical glint dancing around in her orbs. "And if I don't, you're gonna do what? Tell her? 'Cus I know your scary ass ain't finna do shit about it."

"Uh, ladies, let's not–"

A low chuckle rumbles out of Rheah as she shakes her head, "Janaé, unlike my sister, I wouldn't even waste my energy fighting you, though you'd be spending yours tryna fight off the bullets Imma pop off on you if you keep testing my patience."

"Oop!" Janaé smirks, "And there goes the big bad assassin I've heard so much about. I was beginning to think that was all a lie on your part too 'cus I ain't seen you do shit but be a fake ass bitch."

Rheah's jaw clenches as she advances towards Janaé, "Hoe if you don't move from–"

The rest of her words suddenly comes out muffled as Jalil's large hand immediately covers her mouth.

"Woah, the kids Rheah." Jalil reminds her, turning her body in the opposite direction, his hand still covering her mouth while he moves them forward towards the stairs, "Please, just breathe and let it go."

While Rheah's verbal insults continues to come out muffled under Jalil's hand, Janaé smirks to herself and continues her journey down to the kitchen.

"See Jalil, another reason why her baby daddy don't fuck with her no more." She calls out over her shoulder.

By now, Rheah was trembling with rage.

Knowing she was about to burst out of his grip, Jalil tightens his hold around Rheah's waist and his lock against her mouth. "No, Rheah. Don't." He mediates. "Now I know you could get yourself out of this but please don't do it by damaging my balls, I actually wanna have kids even if you refuse to be the mother."

And just like that, Rheah's blazing eyes dim and fill with humour yet annoyance as they stare up at Jalil's beaming face. Swiftly, she lifts her elbow up and crashes it into his left side hard enough for him to release his grip on her.

"Argh!" Jalil cries out in theatrics, "My kidneys! Lawd! The woman bruk mi kidneys, papa Jesus help me!"

Rheah burst out laughing, "Seriously Lil? How does one break someone's kidneys?"

"I don't know," Jalil stops crouching over in dramatics and shrugs, "You tell me."

"You're so annoying, you know that right?" Rheah shakes her head in amusement.

"And you're so beautiful, Ms Rheah." Jalil grins, leaning against the staircase, "You know that right?"

Rheah attempts to hide her blush by rolling her eyes, "Let's go lover boy." She grabs his shirt and pulls him with her up the stairs.

"Wah? So you telling me that's all I had to do to get you to tek me to di bedroom?" Jalil raises his eyebrow cheekily, "Backside."

Rheah pauses mid-step and swivels back towards Jalil, sending him an incredulous look. His loud laugh bounces off the walls as he puts his hands up in surrender.

"Okay I'm done now." He grins.

"Better be, or next time Imma lower my aim and really damage something else." Rheah warns almost playfully before continuing her journey up the stairs with Jalil right behind of her.

"Yes ma'am." He salutes, lustfully watching her ass move as they ascend up the last couple of stairs.

"And next time includes having your eyes on my ass Jalil." Rheah sternly calls out over her shoulder.

"Yes ma'am." Jalil snickers as he swiftly diverts his gaze.

The two were now travelling down the hallway towards Rheah's bedroom and the playroom where Cienna had probably ran off to with Kianni.

It was once another guest room but within the week, Michael and Chris had refurnished and decorated it into to a playroom for Cienna.

Michael knew that all of the changes that had taken place within the past few weeks was proving to be hard for his daughter to fully comprehended, especially since she had been asking a lot of questions. However Michael couldn't say he was fully surprised by her inquiries, Cienna was a very smart and observant child and had most likely caught on to the slight tension between her parents and her family in general.

So, wanting to take her mind off of brewing family issues along with sustaining his efforts of making her feel as comfortable and happy as possible, Michael gifted her the playroom along with an abundance of toys that he had brought for her on their recent father-daughter day out.

"Mommy look, look!" Cienna bursts with excitement as she rushes to the door with Kianni in hand to meet her mother and Jalil, "Kiki put my hair in a bun so now my crown fits."

"Oh wow!" Rheah gasps, examining the makeshift bead bun in the midst of Cienna's crown, "You look so beautiful baby, Kiki sweetheart you did a great job."

"Thank you Aunty Rhee." Kianni smiles bashfully.

"Mommy, Uncle Lil, me and Kiki are going to a ball, would you like to come?" Cienna asks with bright eyes.

"Sure!" Rheah and Jalil beam.

"Yay!" The little toddlers cheer joyfully.

"Okay well, you both have to get dressed up, because it's a royal party." Cienna informs, "And it has to look nice."

"Don't worry Cici, ya uncle know how to show out and look fly." Jalil winks, "I got this."

"Well you already know I can whip up a beautiful outfit, but I may need to get my hair done," Rheah frowns, "Do you know who I could go to, to get it done so last minute?"

"Mommy don't be sad, I'm sure Kiki can do it for you," Cienna turns to Kianni, "Kiki is it okay if you do my mommy's hair?"

"Of course!" Kianni nods enthusiastically, "Aunty Rhee don't worry, I will do it for you for free!"

Rheah smiles and holds her hand over her heart, "Aww thank you Kiki, you're so sweet."

"No problem," Kianni smiles, "How do you want me to do it?"

"I want it just like Cici's."

"Okay."

"Yeah baby, you think you could do mine next?" Jalil hypes, "I want it just like Cici's."

Kianni tilts her head to the side and covers her mouth, giggling, "I would Daddy but you don't have no hair."

Jalil gasps, "What?! Girl you don't see these inches?" He flicks his imaginary locks over his shoulder and poses, earning laughter from all three girls.

"Daddy you so silly." Kianni snorts.

"And you're so pretty babygirl." Jalil smiles as he leans down and plants a kiss on her forehead, causing Kianni to give him a toothy grin before turning to Rheah.

"Aunty Rhee, I just have to finish getting Cici ready for the ball then I will come and do your hair, okay?"

"Alright baby, I'll be right here waiting for when you're ready." Rheah assures her while taking a seat on one of the large pink bean bags near the door.

"Okay, I won't be long." Kianni calls out over her shoulder as she pulls Cienna back to the mini Disney Princess vanity table.

"Well, is it safe to say this link up was a success?" Jalil grins while finding himself a seat on the yellow bean bag next to Rheah.

"Definitely!" Rheah smiles, her gaze shifting from the girls and towards Jalil, "Thank you."

"For what?"

"Bringing Kianni today."

Jalil shakes his head, "Nah, thank you. Not only do I get to spend more time with my baby girl during the day but she's also able to make a new friend. Can't be more grateful to you for that."

"Well in that case, you're welcome Lil," Rheah smiles and bumps him slightly with her shoulder. "But I can't take all the credit, if it wasn't for Michael agreeing to all of this and helping with the arrangement then this wouldn't be happening at all."

Jalil nods with a smile, "Don't worry, Imma make sure to pass my thanks on to boss man too."

"Good." Rheah nods and smiles, "I don't need him thinking I'm taking all the glory," She jokes, "Might mess around and give him reason 2837 as to why he don't fuck with me anymore."

Jalil narrows his eyes at her with amusement, "See, I don't know whether that was just some cynical ass joke or some shade being thrown, either way you need Jesus."

Rheah bursts out laughing, "So let me get this straight: everyone else can joke about my baby daddy not liking me but when I do it I need Jesus?"

"Yeah 'cus you sound crazy as hell doing it!" Jalil smirks, glancing towards the girls.

Rheah shrugs with a lazy smile on her face as she mirrors his gaze towards the girls. "Well, I'd rather be that than a bumbling wreck."

Sensing Rheah's subtle change in mood, Jalil turns his attention back onto her and smiles, giving her shoulder a slight bump. "Hey, if it's any consolation, I don't think he will ever fully stop fucking with you."

"Really?" Rheah raises a sceptical eyebrow, "And how'd you come up with that conclusion?"

"Well, as a man with a daughter, I will always appreciate her mother for bringing her into this world, even if she isn't biologically mine." Jalil smiles, watching Kianni play before his gaze turns back to Rheah. "You've given him his first true love and for that, he'll always have love for you regardless of what he says or does."

But Rheah shakes her head. "That's all sweet and stuff but if you haven't realised, Michael Anderson isn't your average man. I'm sure stuff like that doesn't faze him. Plus, not to sound selfish or anything but I don't want him to love me only for having his child, I want him to love me for me."

Jalil nods, "And like I said, I'm sure he does."

Rheah scoffs. "I find that very hard to believe."

Jalil laughs, "Listen, ask yourself this: Knowing the man that he is, do you think Cienna is the only reason that he is keeping you alive?"

Rheah stares at him as if he had asked a stupid question. "Uh, duh, he loves that little girl! He knows that killing me would only hurt her so yes, she is the only reason I'm alive. Well, that and the fact that I'm here and my father is in a coma, 'cus whew! If he was awake, I wouldn't be alive to have this conversation."

"Once again that wouldn't happen, your father wouldn't kill you and boss man ain't gonna kill you." Jalil chuckles.

A bemused scoff escapes from Rheah as she shakes her head. "See now you really don't know my father either."

Jalil smiles, "No I don't but from what you've told me, he and Michael sound just alike and therefore I conclude they have the same thing in common."

"They're both mad men and killers."

Jalil laughs, "No Rhee, they both love you.  The same love I have for Kianni is the same love your father has for you. And as much as you and Michael try to deny it, your baby daddy still loves you."

But Rheah still wasn't convinced.

"Okay, I get my father's unconditional love." She says, "But how are you so sure about Michael?"

"I already told you Rhee," Jalil leans up from the beanbag, bringing him inches away from her face. "You're extraordinary. A man can't simply fall out of love with a woman like you."

Rheah stares at Jalil whose charming smile only grows on his face as he lifts himself swiftly off the bean bag and walks towards the two little girls now standing by the dress up station. She watches as he joins in on helping Cienna pick out an outfit for Kianni but her mind was still stuck on his words.

Was he right?

o~O~o

Meanwhile, in the kitchen, while Janaé was gushing to Romeo about how adorable the little girls' introduction was, Cataleya was in her own little world, smiling to herself as daydreams of her own twins crossed her mind.

What were they going to be like when they got here?

Who were they to look like the most? Their mother or their father?

Were they two girls? Two boys? One of each?

Unbeknownst to Cataleya, a pair of deep brown eyes were staring at her. Romeo, who had been chuckling at Janaé rambling on about Kianni and Cienna's first moments along with her baby fever, momentarily took his eyes away from her and towards Cataleya.

At first, his eyebrows creased in confusion as she sat on one of the kitchen island bar stools, smiling to herself. But his puzzled expression immediately softens the moment she gently touches her little two-month baby bump that by now, closely resembled a very small 'food baby' which was slightly exposed from the crop top she was wearing.

Strangely enough, Romeo was so enthralled by the simple sight that he couldn't look away.

In that moment, he saw his beautiful Amelia sitting in the same chair, her contented smile brightening the whole room as she rubbed her growing baby baby bump...

But when Romeo blinked, Amelia was gone and Cataleya was once again in his sight.

A little thrown off by the blurred moment in his reality, a slightly dazed Romeo shakes his head in an attempt to return back to the present.

"So Ms Leya, does pancakes and fruits sound good to you?" He asks her.

His deep baritone pulls Cataleya out of her daydream causing her wide smile to falter, "Uh, yes it does...Thank you."

Romeo nods and turns to Janaé. "Naé?"

"Please." Janaé smiles, taking her seat on the stool in front of the kitchen island.

Romeo nods and turns his attention to the cupboards and the fridge. Not having their phones to entertain themselves nor the desire to speak to each other, the girls decide to focus their attention on Romeo, watching closely as he moves busily around the kitchen, getting all the ingredients and equipment he needs.

"Hey Rome you need any help?" Janaé offers.

"Nah I'm good." Romeo shakes his head with a soft smile, "There's not much to do and it won't take me long so just sit back, relax and watch the cooking master at work." He winks.

"Okay Chef." Janaé muses with a smile.

Romeo lets out a short chuckle as he makes his way over to the fridge, pulling out his last ingredient. Once he had everything he needed in arms reach, he begins to carefully eye measure, flour, sugar and milk. The girls watch attentively as he begins to whisk the ingredients together and naturally they couldn't help but notice the subtle look of concentration on his face along with the slight flex of his biceps every time he made a round with the whisk.

In that moment, both girls couldn't deny, Romeo was looking extra handsome today in the mustard yellow fitted t-shirt that clung to his body perfectly and outlined his lean yet muscular build. He also wore simple khaki shorts with white and yellow Jordan's along with a small gold chain and his gold Hugo Boss watch completed the look.

"Damn, this man is fine..." Janaé mumbles, biting her lip as soon as Romeo's back was turned towards them.

Cataleya turns her head towards Janaé, not even bothering to hide the disgust on her face. "Keiron. Remember him?"

Janaé glances over at Cataleya and rolls her eyes at her tone of voice. "Of course I do. Your point?"

"You're being disrespectful and on behalf of my friend since he isn't here to check yo trifling shit, I'm telling you to watch yourself."

"Watch myself?" Janaé sends Cataleya an incredulous look before letting out a dry chuckle, "First of all, my man is no longer your friend so dead that shit, and two, I ain't do anything–"

"DAmN, ThIs mAn Is fInE." Cataleya mocks Janaé all while rolling her eyes.

"And? He is!" Janaé scrunches up her face in annoyance, "Romeo knows it, we all know it, it's literally not that big of a deal and last time I checked, there ain't nothing wrong with stating the obvious."

"Well contrary to popular belief, there is something wrong with comments like that when you doing all that extra shit, you're in a relationship and your significant other isn't around to hear it. Like I said before, it's disrespectful."

"To you," Janaé remarks, "Unlike you, I don't lie and cheat on my man so he knows he has nothing to worry about when it comes to my loyalty and our relationship."

Romeo, who had been listening the whole time but decided to stay out of it until absolutely necessary, freezes at Janaé's words. As his back was still turned towards the girls, they weren't able to see his look of surprise.

Did Cataleya cheat on Chris? And what else has she lied about other than her identity?

Of course, Romeo knew he should turn around and intervene in the situation but his curiosity and nosiness held him in place a few seconds longer.

"You know what Janaé," Cataleya's jaw clenches subtly, "Imma take the high road for once and let yo petty ass comment fly 'cus at the end of the day, we discussing you and your trifling behaviour so Imma stay on topic and not drag your ass. So word of advice sweetheart, if you wanna keep this 'problem free relationship' you so gladly boasting about over there, cut that disrespectful shit out."

"Girl ain't nobody asked for your opinion in the first place and I sure as hell ain't need to listen or take advice from a hoe like you." Janaé snorts, "Matter fact, I don't even know why I'm entertaining you. I promised my Momma a long time ago I was gonna stop wasting my energy on fake bitches like you." She sneers, cutting her eyes at Cataleya.

Cataleya's eye twitches as she glares at Janaé and it took everything in her not to leap off her seat and drag the young woman out of hers.

Shaking her head, she chuckles, lifting her eyes to the ceiling. "Lord, help her for she knows not what she does."

"Hold up hoe," Janaé swivels her head round to Cataleya again with a raised eyebrow. "Was that meant to be a threat? Cus you already know I'm ready whenever you are."

In an instant, Romeo swiftly turns around the moment he heard the scraping of a chair, confirming his suspicions that Cataleya had stood up.

"Woah there ladies," Romeo heeds as his eyes dart between the two. "I thought y'all squashed this."

"'Squashed' is a strong word to use, we were merely forced to come to a mutual agreement and out of respect for my Momma I been trying to stick to it." Janaé folds her arms, smiling condescendingly at Cataleya as she taps her leg on the floor. "But it's getting a little harder to do so when little-miss-chihuahua over here keeps getting her panties in a twist."

Cataleya's eyebrows instantly knit together as her tongue quickly heats up to deliver another verbal lashing, but before she could open her mouth to release her fury, Romeo cuts her off.

"Naé, c'mon now, you're not helping the situation either." Romeo chastises, giving her a knowing look.

Janaé stares at Romeo for a moment before letting out small huffs and raising her hands up in defence, "Look, all I'm saying is she's the one who started it; worrying about me and my business when she needs to be focusing on herself."

"Of course you'd go for the victim card and throw all the blame on me." Cataleya jeers while rolling her eyes, "It seems to be an Anderson child's favourite thing to do."

"Well I'm sorry we all can't be like Giovanni children and lie and scam our way through life." Janaé bites back.

Cataleya's face twists further in annoyance, "Hoe what the fuck does that have to do with the situation?!"

"Hoe?!" Janaé exclaims before turning to Romeo, "You see what I'm talking about, Romeo?! She always tryna say I'm the problem but here she go again throwing stones at a glass house then tryna cry wolf!"

"Janaé please." Cataleya rolls her eyes, "You know damn well I'm only reciprocating energy right now because I'm fed the fuck up with your bullshit."

"Then leave!" Janaé exclaims, throwing her hands up in fustration, "I don't understand why the fuck you're still here or better yet ali–"

"Alright Janaé that's enough!" Romeo cuts her off swiftly, "I know you're angry but please don't allow that anger to control you and make you say something you'll regret later."

"Who said I was going to say something I would regret later?" Janaé mumbles looking off to the side, causing Cataleya to scoff at her.

"Look, from what I heard and the way I see it, both of y'all blew this thing way out of proportion." Romeo weighs in his opinion, "Now I'm not gonna force y'all to apologise to each other 'cus clearly none of y'all would mean it right now but please, if not for y'all own peace of mind but for my sake and getting this breakfast finished, could y'all not interfere with each other at all?"

"I mean that's what I trying to do anways," Janaé shrugs, "And I'll gladly go back to doing that again, it's her over-sensitive ass you need to worry about."

"Oh my gosh, I hate it here!" Cataleya grumbles, closing her eyes as she rubs her forehead. Romeo's lips curve in subtle amusement at her dramatics.

"Well Naé, in Cataleya's defence, her "over sensitivity" can't be helped, she's pregnant and probably hormonal it's a–"

"The fuck?!" Cataleya's eyes fly open and land on a slightly startled Romeo, "Nigga I know you ain't just say some dumb shit like that!" She fumes as she glares at him, her face twisted with disgust.

Romeo shakes his head, "Cataleya I promise you I–"

"You know what," Cataleya nods slowly and begins to back away from the kitchen table, "Y'all are not about to run up my blood pressure with this bullshit, not today, tomorrow or ever satan." She huffs as she turns around on her heels swiftly and proceeds to make her way out towards the kitchen door.

"No wait!" Romeo quickly moves around the counter just as she draws closer to her exit. "Cataleya I–"

Cataleya throws her middle finger up at him over her shoulder as she leaves the room, ignoring his calls as he races after her.

Behind him, Janaé watches the scene with a smirk on her face. The moment Romeo had disappeared beyond the kitchen door threshold, she shakes her head and hops off her stool, heading towards the other kitchen exit in the direction of her bedroom.

"Whew chile, the ghetto."

o o o

Cataleya had already swiftly navigated her way to the west side of the house where her room was located when Romeo finally caught up to her. She was just about to make her ascent up the stairway to her room when he reaches out and gently grabs ahold of her hand.

"Let go of me bruh!" Cataleya hisses as she yanks her hand away from his grip, turning towards him with annoyance written all over her face, "I told you where I was going so what's the issue now?"

"You're upset with me." Romeo highlights, causing Cataleya to roll her eyes and turn back around.

She makes movement to head up the stairs once again but just as before, Romeo reaches out to grab her. But he suddenly halts as she raises her clenched fist to punch him in the face.

"Dont." She grits out.

Romeo lifts his hands in defence, "Sorry, natural reflex."

"Yeah and so is my fist connecting with your jaw." Cataleya's tone drips with attitude as she turns back around and begins to head up the stairs.

Romeo sighs, "Cataleya, you know you can't be up there without me."

"For crying out loud Romeo can you not bend the damn rules for just 10 minutes?!" Cataleya throws her hands up in frustration, turning back around, "I'm not going anywhere but my bed!"

"I know but," Romeo lets out a breath he didn't know he was holding, "Alright, please, just hear me out for a few minutes and if you still feel the way you feeling right now, I'll let you go up there by yourself for a bit."

Cataleya stares at him for a moment before folding her arms across her chest, "I'm listening."

Romeo takes a few steps upwards until he was now towering over her, leaving Cataleya no choice but to look up at him with a scowl.

"Look," He sighs, "I apologise for insinuating your pregnancy was affecting your mood if it wasn't. I was only trying to lighten the situation with a joke but clearly I wasn't being considerate of your feelings."

Cataleya tuts, turning away. But his next words draws her attention back to him again.

"I know being here under these conditions is proving to be stressful for you and I especially know how you feel about having me around 24/7 in your space, but I want to let you know that aside from me just doing my job, I was being serious when I said I want make this situation as comfortable as I can for you, to be there for you, and as I've said multiple times... to be a friend. But you have to work with me Leya, friendships are a two way thing. This constant back and forth, hot and cold with you, it's giving me whiplash and it's only what, our third week out here?"

Cataleya's annoyed glare softens slightly due to slight humour towards the end of his speech and apologetic gaze. She wasn't sure what to say or how to feel at this moment, her head tilting slightly to the side as she tries to figure out the man in front of her.

From the jump, Romeo had been...nice to her...a little too nice in her opinion. But after spending a lot of unsolicited time with him, she quickly came to realise that it was just apart of his character. Romeo genuinely was a nice guy and had a very caring and kind hearted nature. Though realising all of that still did nothing to put Cataleya at ease and quite frankly it was all still very weird for her. That, along with the small feelings she would feel whenever he would stare at her for a second too long or smile at her.

No, she didn't like him or anything like that but she couldn't deny the facts at face value, Romeo was indeed a handsome man and because of that, naturally, there were moments where he did have her feeling some type of way...

Even now, being so close to him and the tender grip he currently had on her arm made her feel funny...

Quickly, brushing away the feelings, she steps back out of his grip before speaking.

"Why? Why do you want to be friends with me so badly?" She questions with a sceptical glare. "I'm technically the opp and aside from that game of 42 questions, I sure haven't been buddy-buddy with you enough to think we could be cool, so why do you keep trying to force this friendship thing to work? What's in it for you?"

"What's in it for me huh?" Romeo smirks. "Well, if we're being real: headaches, high blood pressure, stress...You name it." He laughs.

Cataleya's eyebrows scrunches up, "What th–"

"I'm just playing!" Romeo grins, causing Cataleya to roll her eyes, "But all jokes aside, I know that an honest, trustworthy and genuine friendship can be made between the two of us and that's a huge gain if you ask me."

"And what makes you so sure that's what's going to come from it?" Cataleya interrogates with a raised eyebrow.

Romeo smiles. "Let's just say, I knew someone very similar to you and we turned out to have one of the greatest friendships of all."

Cataleya notices the slight sadness and nostalgia in his tone, making it evident that he was referring to his first love.

Her heart softens. Not just for his situation but for the fact that he had constantly made the effort to get to know her and treat her well. That despite her own behaviour towards him and what she knew he was told by his bosses, Romeo hadn't been influenced by the information given nor the behaviour of the Anderson siblings towards her. He was willing to give her a chance himself. Clearly, he truly was a man of his own judgement and character; a rare trait to find in people nowadays.

"Alright," Cataleya eventually sighs, "I guess we can try this friendship thing. For real this time."

Romeo's smile widens.

"But don't think we're gonna sit around braiding each other's hair, sharing secrets and shit. I still don't know you like that and you don't know me. Trust is earned and you, my dear acquaintance," She pats his chest, "Have a long way to go."

Chuckling, Romeo nods his head. "Alright Ms Leya, fair enough, I can respect that, as long as you're willing to treat me with the same curtsey?"

"Well duh, I agreed to this shit, didn't I?" Cataleya gives him an 'obviously' look.

Romeo shakes his head at her with an amused smile, "Alright say less. Now, will you come back to the kitchen with me?"

He holds out his hand for Cataleya who peers down at it. With an amused scoff, she shakes her head before walking past his hand as she makes her way back towards the kitchen.

Romeo shakes his head.

"She really is not going to make things easy for me huh." He chuckles to himself as he follows behind her.

o~O~o

Montego Bay, Jamaica📍
12:15 pm
May 4th '19

After waiting with their mother until her plane was ready to take off, Chris and Michael were finally making their way back to the house.

The smooth sounds of Buju Banton's 'Driver' took over the airwaves in the car, causing Chris to bop his head with a smile on his face as he drove while Michael was on the phone. The tinted windows were up but the sun roof was open, allowing the nice warm weather to hit their skins and the cool ocean breeze to float into the car.

Just as Michael hangs up the phone, the song changes to Buju Banton and Beres Hammond's 'Can You Play Some More' and Chris' smile grows into a wide grin.

"Pull up the vibes that you're playing! Can you play some more? Can you play some more?" Chris belts at the top of his lungs. "Lift it up, jock it up, pull it up, come again now. Can you play some more, can you play some more?"

Beside him, with an almost identical grin on his face, Michael drums on his leg, joining in with the karaoke.

"Without di dancehall, a whe we woulda do? Reggae music call, you must ansa to! Wine up, jump up, when you hear sweet reggae play, Buju Banton, Beres Hammond a fi tell dem go deh!"

"Pure fire! Pure fire!" Chris shouts, making gun shot sounds.

Michael laughs, "Aye no lie, it's good to be home man."

"Who you telling?" Chris smiles, "I love America but my heart belongs to the island."

"Facts." Michael nods. But a sudden thought crosses his mind, causing his smile to fade slightly. "So you really finna listen to what Momma said?" He asks his brother.

Chris furrows his eyebrow, confused. "About what?"

Michael chuckles, shaking his head. "See, this is why Momma always tryna box you, you never be listening."

Chris smacks his lips, chuckling, "Man I zoned out after she said something about being nice to the girls." He scrunches up his face, "Man how much nicer can I be? They alive ain't they?"

"Man she said treat them better." Michael laughs. "I ain't really know what she mean by that 'cus they both got their own rooms and can go round the house uncuffed. If you ask me, that's freedom enough."

"Right... a bit too much." Chris comments as Michael nods in agreement.

While at the airport, Maria had reluctantly agreed to fly on one of the private jets after a hot minute of back and forth between her and sons who refused to let her take the normal airlines like she had originally planned.

Although both Michael and Chris knew Maria wasn't one for glitz and glam, especially when she was in her homeland, they couldn't fight the urge to make sure she was comfortable and well taken care of like a queen because that was what she was to them.

So after the back and forth between them, they all came to a compromise: She would get on their plane only if they promised to treat the girls a little better than they were at the moment. The boys reluctantly agreed and promised to follow through with their mother's request before she finally agreed to taking the jet.

"But you know Ma finna ask and check in so whatchu think? We extend their privileges? Let them go out and stuff?" Michael looks to his brother.

A peeved frown takes over Chris' face. "Man I ain't tryna take that girl nowhere with me except to and from the hospital. Which reminds me, call up Dr Kingsley to confirm the appointment, then let Romeo know I'm coming through soon. I need to take Cataleya for a check up."

"Alright, one minute." Michael nods, following through with Chris' request.

Chris watches him for a moment before turning back to the road as the music smoothly transitions into Christopher Martin's 'Cheater's Prayer.'  Tapping his hand rhythmically on the steering wheel, Chris hums along to the song.

"Alright doc," Michael chuckles into the phone, "I'll let him know... Yes, I'll make sure to come through another day....alright, bye."

Hanging up, he turns to Chris who was already looking at him. "She said she's ready when you are, bro."

"Thanks bro." Chris nods, turning his head back to watch the road while Michael texts Romeo. "But yeah," Chris shakes his head, "Since we have to actually follow through with our promise to Momma, we can let them go out with Jalil and Romeo if they wanted to go somewhere."

The moment he heard Jalil's name, Michael instantly recoils at the idea. "Hmm, maybe..." He ponders, rubbing his chin.

Catching his brother's tone, Chris glances at him. "What?"

"Nothing... just," Michael shakes his head, "I don't even know why it's rubbing me so wrong but I don't know about the whole bodyguard thing anymore." He admits. "Jalil and Rheah seem to be getting along a little too well."

Chris raises his eyebrow, amused. "Well yeah nigga they spend most of their time together, that's all a part of the job. But either way, Jalil ain't stupid bro so you tripping."

Michael side-eyes Chris. "Aight, so you ain't least bit feeling some type of way about Romeo being around Leya 24/7?"

"Nigga," Chris scoffs, "Have you met Cataleya? That woman has an attitude that will drive anyone insane. If anything, I'd only want to free Romeo 'cus I feel bad for him."

Michael chuckles, shaking his head.

"Besides," Chris continues, "I already told you, anything I had for that woman is gone. The only concerns I have got her right now are solely for the health and well-being of my unborns."

Michael sends Chris another side-eye. "Mhm... now who's lying like a motherfucker."

Chris kisses his teeth. "Man, I'm not even finna entertain your bullshit right now Mickey."

Michael snickers silently at his brother's reaction.

"But," Chris interjects while briefly glancing at his brother, "I guess it's true what they say, misery really do love company." He shakes his head.

Michael scrunches up his face. "The fuck is you talking bout nigga? Ain't nobody miserable, the fuck?"

Chris laughs knowing he hit a nerve. "Nigga just face it, you ain't cut out for this heartless shit like before. You're a lover not a fighter, Mickey. It's okay to admit you miss your girl, especially when she even be trying."

Michael smacks his lips, shifting his gaze towards the window again. Chris chuckles at his brother's denial.

"Besides," He continues, "I wouldn't blame you, Rheah's actually alright, bullshit aside, she's a good woman. Yeah, she fucked up but at least she not as bad as her triflin' ass sister." He shakes his head feeling his anger rile up all over again at the thought of Cataleya messing around with Gabriel. "Man, shit makes me sick just thinking about it."

Michael catches on to what Chris was referring to. "Yeah that shit is crazy, that one would have messed me up, no cap."

"Mannn, you don't even know the half of it." Chris seethes. "Like shit, out of all the dick you could have hopped on you chose your brother's?! And then had me out here like a fool chasing her dirty ass."

"Adopted brother." Michael corrects with a small chuckle, "Cut her some slack, she didn't really have an outside life like that. She probably got confused somewhere along the way and didn't have many options."

The song changes to I Wayne's 'Can't satisfy her' as Chris sends Michael a side-glare.

"Same difference nigga and that shit still nasty! Plus I'm sure they had hella security guards working in that joint, so realistically, it sound like she had hella options to me." Chris kisses his teeth, focusing back on the road.

Michael chuckles, shaking his head. "Wow."

Feeling his blood beginning to boil, Chris exhales a deep breath in an attempt to calm down. "Anyways, back to your situation 'cus if I talk any more on that dirty ass shit, I might just burst a blood vessel..."

Michael chuckles.

"You were really about to marry her, bro, that's some serious shit." Chris turns back to his brother who was no longer smiling. "And I know you, this wasn't no Aaliyah sympathy puppy love either. Now I'm not saying go full speed ahead but at least take time and actually give her a chance."

While Michael remains staring out of the window, the words of his brother lingering in his ears. "I hear you bro." He turns to Chris, "But only if you at least try and be nicer to Cataleya...and take her out."

Chris looks at Michael who raises his eyebrow before rolling his eyes, sucking his teeth. "Yeah, yeah whatever."

Michael chuckles at his brother's antics before looking back out the window, trying to gather his emotions as his thoughts continue to run on what Chris had said.

Was he really willing to give Rheah a second chance?

o~O~o

Negril, Jamaica📍
1:25 pm
May 4th '19

"Romeo..." Cataleya pants.

"Mhm."

"Faster please."

"Leya I don't think it's safe to do that in your condition."

"I'll be fine, trust me."

Romeo eyes her for a second longer before licking his lips, "Alright, brace yourself."

"Oh shit," Cataleya grins, picking up speed herself, "Now this is what I'm talking about...How many more minutes I got left on here?"

Romeo gazes down at the timer on the gym treadmill she was running on. "5 minutes." He tells her before peering back at her with slight worry in his eyes. "You tired? You've been on here a while now, you can stop if you want."

"Nah it's okay," Cataleya shakes her head. "It's just 5 more minutes."

While the others were in the living room watching Moana, Cataleya and Romeo had decided to skip the movie and instead chill in the mansion's indoor gym where Cataleya was currently showing off her endurance skills on the treadmill. After their earlier debacle and reconciliation, Cataleya, as promised, had put a lot more effort into reciprocating Romeo's positive energy.

The two had been making small talk, getting to know each other further and even cracked a few jokes here and there which helped eased the tension and lighten the mood pretty quickly. As it stood, things were looking up so far for the two of them and Romeo could only hope that she kept up this vibe along with her word.

"Man," Romeo's eyes widen. "Yuh really weren't playing when yuh said your father would train ah yuh hard."

"Nope," Cataleya chuckles, "This is even me slacking. If he ever found out I only did 20 minutes on the treadmill, he'd just give me a look and increase the incline. He usually expects us to do 30 minutes fast pace job with a slight incline."

Romeo blinks rapidly in surprise. "Damn! What were y'all training for? The secret service or something?"

Cataleya laughs, "I guess you could call the Angeli Della Morte the secret service...We were so secret people thought we were spirits."

"Wow..." Romeo chuckles but he was still very impressed, "Y'all were that good huh."

"'Were?' Pshh!" Cataleya scoffs, "Don't let this pregnancy or a couple of stubborn brothers fool you. I've been telling you, my sister and I are here by choice."

"Hmm," An amused Romeo folds his arms across his chest. "You know that's all I've heard you say since you've got here and well Ms Leya... you still here."

"And?" Cataleya glances at him curiously.

Romeo shrugs, "I'm saying, I'll believe it when I see it."

Cataleya looks at him with a raised eyebrow before scoffing at his scepticism. "Be careful what you wish for, Shakespeare."

Romeo smirks, "Alright. Now you've really gone and sparked my curiosity, Ms Leya."

Cataleya's lips curve with amusement, "Oh really?"

"Mhm," Romeo smiles as he folds his arms across his chest, "I'm thinking, Maybe I should ask the bosses if me and Lil could bring ah yuh to one of our training sessions, you know, so the infamous Angel Della Morté coulda showcase their skills on the new recruits...well that's if ah yuh manage to keep up in the first place."

"Ooo! Please do 'cus that sounds like fun to me." Cataleya flashes him a challenging smile. "And trust me Shakespeare, it's gonna be your people failing to keep up with us."

Romeo chuckles, shaking his head at her cockiness before pulling out his phone which was buzzing in his pocket. As he reads the message, Cataleya looks back over at him.

"Lemme guess, your new recruits need a lot more work and you gotta go?" She pouts teasingly.

Romeo chuckles, lifting his head to look at her as he slides his phone back into his pocket. "Actually no... you gotta go. Boss man said to get ready and that he will be here soon. He also said to hurry up 'cus he ain't got all day to wait on you."

"Chris is taking me somewhere?" Cataleya blinks curiously.

"Yeah, he said you got an appointment...I'm assuming it's to do with the babies."

"Oh, okay." Cataleya nods as she quickly hops off the treadmill before actually turning it off. A startled Romeo immediately puts his arms out to steady her but Cataleya giggles in his face as she wipes her sweat with the towel on the treadmill.

"Awww, you thought I was gonna fall." She teases.

Romeo shakes his head at her. "You are a special one, aren't you?"

"You know what Shakespeare, I'll take that as a compliment." Cataleya grins as she turns around and heads out of the gym.

"Lord help me." Romeo mumbles as he follows close behind.

o~O~o

Meanwhile back in the living room, all three adults were being throughly entertained by the two little girls now singing and dancing around the living room. While Jalil and Rheah served as their children's hype men, Janaé quickly assumed the role of the videographer and was focused on capturing the vibes of the concert.

"Yes baby! Sing it!" Rheah cheers proudly from the sofa while Cienna and Kianni twirl around the living room belting out the lyrics to 'How Far I'll Go' from the top of their lungs.

"Gwarn Kiki!" Jalil claps as he hypes up his daughter. "Sing like Beyoncé!"

Besides him, Rheah pauses her own claps and side-eyes Jalil. Feeling her eyes on him, Jalil stills his own applause and turns towards her.

"What?"

"Sing like Beyoncé?" Rheah repeats with amusement.

"What?" Jalil grins, "Ah so she fi sing like, so mi ah just encourage her."

Rheah chuckles, "You're actually a mess."

"But you still love me." Jalil smiles teasingly as he leans closer to her.

"Love?" Rheah laughs, "Whew chile I don't know about all that now sir. I tolerate you."

Jalil's smile instantly vanishes as Rheah's grows.

"Truth is Lil, you're still just as annoying, if not even more annoying than when we first met." She finishes, patting his shoulder condescendingly.

"Wow..." Jalil nods, "Ah really lie yuh ah tell so." He looks her up and down before kissing his teeth, causing Rheah to laugh again.

"Awww, don't tell me the little baby's mad now?" She toys with him as she cups his cheek and squeezes it playfully.

Jalil pulls his face away from her grip, sending her a subtle mean mug. "First of all, ain't nobody mad and second, ain't nothing little bout me either." He concludes with a conceited smirk stretched across his lips.

Instantly catching on to his innuendo, Rheah gasps and smacks his arm. "Boy, there are kids around!" She scolds with a small chuckle.

"And?" Jalil muses as he raises an eyebrow.

"You need help." Rheah glances at him before looking back towards the girls, "Forreal."

Again, Jalil leans closer to her. "And you can be that help so stop playing with me." He flirts.

"Alright, time out Lil." Rheah chuckles to cover up her blush as she moves down the sofa a little, shaking her head. "Cus you laying it on too thick right now, so Imma just move over here and you better stay over there."

"Alright, Imma chill, Imma chill." Jalil chuckles as he again moves closer to Rheah, but he raises his hand up in surrender.

"Good." She nods.

Jalil hums in amusement, "Well, for now."

Sending him another amused side-eye, Rheah shakes her head before diverting her gaze back to the girls, just in time to see them bowing. On cue, she gives them a round of applause, with Jalil and Janaé joining in.

"Yass girls! Y'all did that!" Janaé cheers.

"Superstar performance!" Jalil praises.

"PERIODT! Beyoncé who?!" Rheah hypes.

"Okay too far, too far." Jalil interjects.

Rheah frowns, "Oh. So when you did it it's not a problem but when I–"

"Hold on now Rhee," Jalil cuts her off, "I told her to sing like Beyoncé, I didn't erase the Queen all together."

Rheah shakes her head, chuckling, "Mhm, Let me find out you a part of the beyhive."

Jalil lets out a chuckle of his own, "Nah I'm not, but that's my woman right there."

"Oh?" Rheah's eyebrows raise. "But I thought you wanted me?"

"I do, for the time being that is." Jalil smirks at her, "Truthfully, I'm just waiting for Bey to finalise her divorce but until then, I'm all yours, baby."

Rheah rolls her eyes playfully, "Wow, men really are trash."

"No, we just honest." Jalil grins.

o~O~o

Negril, Jamaica📍
2:00 pm
May 4th '19

"V-neck T-shirt, True Re-ligion. That's how, we roll..." Chris sings, bopping his head along to the music booming from the car's speakers.

"Straight Jeans n fitted!" Both he and Michael shout, "Inna white T-shirt we did it! We rock them shades to the limit, uptown uptown."

"Same so u do it we do it ah Portmore." Michael slays his solo.

"Ahwoah." Chris ad-libs.

"Me gucci belt ah di realest." Michael raps.

"Me rosery chain ah di purist!" Chris takes the next line.

"Me G-shock watch timeless."

"Same so u do it we do it ah Portmore!" They both belt out.

"Ayeee! Pure fire! Pure fire!" Chris grins as he pulls out his lighter and waves the flame in the air.

Michael bursts into laughter. "Aye nuh bun dung di truck!"

Chris laughs as he puts his lighter back in his pocket. However he almost brings it back out when the song soon changes to 'Clarks' by Vybz Kartel ft Popcaan and Gaza Slim.

"Woii! Bloodclaattt!!" Chris exclaims and instantly turns up the volume. "Ah weh yuh get dah new Clarks deh dawdi?" He sings, "Ah which colour dat? Mad inno pardi! Ah you alone have dah style deh dawdi di queen fi England haffi love off yardi!"

Michael, equally hyped, pulls down his shades and starts to shake his shoulders. "Real badman nuh model inna shorts. Straight jeans cut off foot parts."

"Everybody haffi ask weh mi get mi Clarks! Everybody haffi ask weh mi get mi Clarks!" They both belt out with enthusiasm.

"Di leather hard, Di suede soft!" Michael sings.

"Toothbrush get out di dust fast!" Chris chimes.

"Everybody haffi ask weh mi get mi Clarks, Everybody haffi ask weh mi get mi Clarks!"

Michael pulls out his phone and starts to snap the vibes. "Mi nuh love crep uno!" He shouts with his brother, "Clarks mi prefer Clarks fi di leather (yea) Clarks fi di fur."

Michael pans the camera onto Chris who begins to point at it with his gun sign.

"Clarks fi di summer, Clarks fi di winter!" Chris raps.

Michael quickly puts the camera onto both of them as they both rap the next line.

"Clarks fi di sun Clarks fi di water! Mi nuh wear nautica (no!)"

Laughing, Michael ends the snap and posts it before he begins to watch the snaps posted by his friends. When he lands on Janaé's, he smiles as he clicks through her snaps of Cienna and Kianni posing in their Moana outfits.

"Typical Cici." He chuckles to himself as he taps on to watch the next snap Janaé had posted of the little girls singing their hearts out to 'How Far I'll Go.' Michael couldn't help but shake his head. He just knew Cienna was the one to have recommended for them to watch her favourite movie of all time.

With an ever growing smile on his face, Michael watches as the girls twirled around in the snap and Janaé followed their every move with her camera. But his smile immediately fades as soon as spots Jalil and Rheah giggling away behind the girls.

His jaw clenches at how close and comfortable they were and his annoyance further boils when he notices Rheah reach up and grab Jalil's cheek, muttering something to him which made Jalil smirk in response.

Seething, Michael exits the app and drops the phone onto his lap. As he stares out the window, his mind torments him with the snap replaying in his head.

He was irritated, to say the least. He knew he definitely wasn't ready to fully forgive Rheah, but he wasn't gonna watch her fall into another man's arms either...

Like clockwork, Chris looks over at Michael, noticing he had zoned out.

"Aye bro, you good?" Chris asks, turning down the volume.

Tearing his eyes away from the window, Michael looks at Chris and nods. "Yeah yeah... just thinking..."

Chris raises his eyebrow. "You wanna talk about it?"

Michael shakes his head. "Nah I'm good, we already discussed it earlier... I'm just thinking about what to do."

Knowing what Michael was referring to, Chris nods and turns back to the road. "Don't worry bout it too much Mickz, you'll know what to do and when the time comes, I know you'll make the right decision so don't even trip."

"You right, you right." Michael nods, resuming to his relaxed state.

But deep down inside, Michael couldn't seem to rid himself of the unease and as they drew closer to home, all he could do was hope that what Chris said would be true.

o o o

Hopping out the car in the driveway, the brothers make their way up to the house and enter the foyer. Following the sounds of the TV, the brothers find themselves in the east wing living room, taking in the atmosphere before them.

Jalil and Rheah were still on the sofa and due to where they were seated, their backs were towards the brothers while a few feet in front of them, Cienna and Kianni were laying on the carpet with their eyes glued to the TV. To the left of them all, Janaé was curled up on the 2-seater, mindlessly texting away on her phone.

While Michael's eyes seem to fix on Rheah and Jalil, Chris immediately notices that two people were missing.

"Aye," Chris taps his brother softly, drawing Michael's attention momentarily, "Imma head upstairs and get Cataleya." He quietly informs him.

Michael nods as Chris gives his shoulder a small squeeze before he heads out of the living room.

However, where he'd usually follow his brothers movements up until he left a room, Michael's eyes remain focused on Jalil and Rheah's close proximity between each other, particularly lingering on Jalil's arm which was stretched across the back of the sofa, very close to Rheah's neck as they quietly talk amongst themselves.

Apparently, the conversation was hilarious as Michael watches Rheah stifle her laughter before playfully nudging Jalil who smirks back.

Once again, the two were completely oblivious to the pair of eyes glaring at them as they continue to whisper amongst themselves, giggling and chuckling ever so often. Folding his arms across his chest, Michael could feel his jaw twitch and clench as he internally tries to rationalise why he shouldn't make a scene.

The kids were in the room, Jalil was just doing his job and Rheah was just a friendly person.

There is nothing going on between them.

And even if there was, why should he care?

She didn't mean anything to him...

...or so he tried telling himself.

Deep in his thoughts, Michael's eyes continue to analyse them but only for a few seconds longer as his cover was blown by Cienna who had now spotted him and was getting up from her seat, barrelling towards him.

"Daddy!" She squeals with a huge grin on her face.

Michael shifts his gaze towards her and opens his arms out. "Baby girl!" He matches her grin.

Cienna jumps into his arms as Michael catches her, lifts her up and smothers her face with kisses. She giggles as she tries to catch his face to do the same to him.

Everyone's attention was now on the father and daughter duo. Smiling at her niece and older brother's adorable moment, Janaé quickly catches it on camera.

"You were gone for a long time." Cienna wraps her arms loosely around Michael's neck, "Did Nana get on the plane?"

Her father chuckles, "Yes she did, eventually. That's why I took so long, your Nana can be a stubborn one sometimes."

"Oh," Cienna shakes her head, "Naughty Nana."

"Mhm." Michael nods his head in amusement.

"Oh Daddy! I want to show you someone!" Cienna grins as she wriggles out of his arms and runs over to Kianni who was leaning against the sofa Jalil was sitting on.

Her big doe eyes had been watching the father-daughter moment curiously, especially at the new arrival in the room. Taking Kianni's hand, Cienna gently pulls her along to her father.

"Daddy, this is my twin, Kianni." She grins before turning to the little girl, "Kiki, this is my daddy, he's so tall!"

Michael lets out a short chuckle as he crouches down to their levels. His kind eyes immediately train on Kianni who was playing with her necklace shyly and his smile widens. "Hi Kiki, I'm uncle Michael. You wouldn't remember me but I met you when you were just a baby."

"You did?" Kianni's brows knit together she she tilts her head to the side.

Michael nods, "Mhm, I even picked you up... spun you around slowly," He informs all while picking her up, causing Kianni's eyes to widen and her arms to lock around his neck as he begins to slowly spin her around.

Around the room, everyone's smiles began to grow further as Kianni screams and giggles as Michael picks up the pace and spins them around faster.

"And gave you a kiss right here." Michael says as he finally comes to a stop and stamps a big kiss on Kianni's cheek.

Kianni blushes as she sends Michael a warm smile, absentmindedly playing with his collar as she speaks, "I still don't remember but it's okay, it's nice to meet you again Uncle Michael."

"Likewise Princess." Michael mimics her smile as he places her back down on the ground. "So tell me, who are you dressed up as?"

"Princess Moana." Kianni bares her pearly whites, "Me and Cici both love her and dress like her."

"Really?" Michael's eyebrows knit together with confusion as Cienna and Kianni nod enthusiastically, "Wow I didn't even realise..."

Both Kianni and Cienna frown.

"Oh?"

"Is it because we took off our tiaras?"

"Oh no it's not that," Michael shakes his head as he crouched down and pulls both little girls into his arms, "It's because I know you two don't need to pretend to be princesses.... because you are real life princesses."

Cienna and Kianni both gasp at the same time. But the astonishment didn't last long.

"But Daddy," Cienna folds her arms together, looking at Michael sceptically, "That would mean you're a king but I don't see you wearing a crown."

"Yeah," Kianni nods in agreement and turns to her father with the same questioning look as her friend, "Daddy where is your crown?"

Jalil chuckles, "It's at home baby. I don't like to wear it or bring it out much... just in case someone steals it."

"Mhm same." Michael co-signs, "Mine is in a very special place and I only wear it for big ceremonies or special occasions."

"Ohhh." Kianni and Cienna nod in understanding.

"Wait, so if I'm a princess and you're a king," Cienna's eyes widen before looking back at her mother, "Does that mean Mommy is a queen?"

Michael instantly lifts his eyes towards Rheah and they immediately connect with hers.

"Of course she is baby girl. Just look at how beautiful she is." He says, pulling his eyes away from his baby momma and back onto his daughter, "She's one of the best queens out here."

Wow!" Kianni and Cienna sound off in awe while staring at a blushing Rheah.

Although she knew she should've, Rheah couldn't find the strength to mask her bashfulness nor could she control the butterflies that had been fluttering around in her stomach since the moment Michael had made eye contact with her and even more so when he spoke those words. And like a broken recorder, the moment kept looping around in Rheah's head.

His brown eyes had held so much emotion...yet, the more she thought about it, she couldn't actually place what emotions they were exactly. Once again, Michael had managed to say a lot and still say nothing at all. His eyes were still too guarded for Rheah and it had definitely made it hard for her to tell if he was just playing along or if he genuinely meant what he said. 

Either way, Rheah's internal struggles did nothing to hinder the small smile that had graced her face. Pushing some of her loose strands behind her ear, Rheah finds herself leaning against the back of the sofa, watching Michael interact with the girls.

And like always, Rheah's heart began to swell within seconds.

Seeing the bond between Michael and Cienna was always such a pure and refreshing time for her. So no matter what happened or what he did, it was moments like this where she wouldn't regret her decision to allow Cienna to meet her father along with backing out of the mission. 

As her eyes were already set in his direction, Rheah discreetly takes the time to properly check Michael out and as per usual, she was not disappointed with what she saw...

He was just effortless perfection.

Dressed in a plain white Ralph polo shirt, light blue denim shorts and crisp white Air Force, Michael complimented his look for the day with a pair of blue and black ray bans which sat on the stop of his head, a platinum cross chain along with his gold Cuban around his neck and his diamond studs in. Michael's drip was sexy, subtle but definitely expensive.

"Come with me." His deep voice instructs, pulling Rheah instantly out of her daze, "We need to talk."

A puzzled and slightly embarrassed Rheah didn't even have time to process nor respond to what he said as Michael had already turned and walked away from her.

"Uh, did I miss something?" Rheah glances at Jalil who was already staring at her curiously, "Am I in trouble?"

Jalil shrugs, "I don't know, I don't have the answer, Sway." He says with amusement, causing Rheah to roll her eyes as she got up, "But, I will say to hurry up 'cus boss man already gone through the doors."

Rheah's head snaps in the direction of the double door just in time to see Michael heading across the hallway into the kitchen. Picking up the pace, Rheah slips her feet into her slippers and rounds the sofa, following in Michael's footsteps.

She exits the living room and walks a short distance through the hallway before going straight over into the kitchen where she finds Michael taking a bottle of Guinness punch out of the fridge, shaking it as he closes back the fridge door.

Even though she was a little nervous, Rheah draws herself further into the kitchen until she was directly opposite him. She looks on curiously as he turns around and opens his drink, taking a few sips. His eyes never left hers while he did so. Naturally, Rheah found herself leaning against the island just as Michael began to lean against the counter near the fridge.

However as time seemed to struggle by and Michael seemed to be settled on quenching his thirst and staring her down, Rheah could feel her heart pounding out of her chest and her palms getting sweatier by the second. Shifting her weight onto the other leg, Rheah subconsciously places one arm on the counter to steady herself before she decided to speak up.

"So," She starts, subtly licking her lips, "You wanted to talk?"

o~O~o

Yanni ❤️✨

Aye light bright, I have an extended lunch hour. Big Moe's on me?
Read 14:45

Jogging up the staircase that led to Cataleya's bedroom, Chris smiles at the message he had just received on his phone and momentarily stops in his tracks to text back.

Yanni ❤️✨

Sorry match stick but I gotta take my baby mother to the hospital for a check up. But I'm holding you to that Big Moe's for a next time.
Delivered 14:46

Ayanna replies back a few seconds after, just as his hand lands on the door knob to Cataleya's room:

Yanni ❤️✨

Awww alright then, hope it all goes well 🙏🏾🤗 and this was a one time offer b, but you lucky I love you so I'll deliver on it when the time comes.
Read 14:46

Yanni ❤️✨

😁😁😁
Delivered 14:46

Mi Genna 😎
Delivered 14:47

o~O~o

Meanwhile, on the other side of Cataleya's bedroom door, Romeo was gently knocking against her bathroom door.

"Leya, you alright in there?"

"Yeah, I'm okay," Cataleya's muffled voice sounds out from behind the wooden barrier.

"Cool, I ain't hear nothing for a minute so I was just tryna see wassup." Romeo says sincerely.

"Don't tell me you thought I was tryna escape again Shakespeare." She muses.

Romeo rolls his eyes, "No I didn't actually."

"Mhm... if you say so."

Romeo shakes his head with an amused smile on his face, "Anyways, I was also tryna tell you that I'm sure Chris is here by now, so you may wanna hurry up."

"Alright, I just need to fix this bun a little more but I'll be out in a second."

Romeo nods, "Alright."

Just as he begins to walk back over to his usual seat, the bedroom door opens and Chris walks in with his eyes still glued to the phone while his thumbs tapped busily away on the screen.

Romeo watches curiously as Chris eventually pulls his attention away from his device, the smile on his face slowly dropping into a neutral facial expression as he nods at Romeo.

"Wassup Rome."

"You alright boss man." Romeo greets, accepting the dap Chris had reached out to give him.

"Always." Chris' eyes roam around the room. "Where is she?"

"In the bathroom," Romeo answers, "She say she will be out in a second."

Chris tuts. "Well I'm sure the second passed long time ago so she needs to hurry up cus–"

Before he could finish his sentence, the bathroom door opens and Cataleya steps out rummaging through her side purse, making sure she had everything.

Romeo gazes at her, stunned by how effortlessly captivating she looked in her red and blue two-piece skirt set.

The vibrant colours illuminated her smooth brown skin and her goddess locs, which usually sat just below her shoulders, were now in a neat bun on top of her head though two strands remained down. They framed her face beautifully.

As always, her ears were lined with her diamond studs though she added an additional style of earring to her look: A pair of simple gold bamboo hoops to match her gold necklace with a 'babygirl' pendant written in cursive writing. Her makeup was minimal, with only a light layer of concealer under her eyes to even the skin tone along with a thick layer of clear lipgloss as she had her eyebrows threaded and classic lash extensions done a few days ago, courtesy of her sister.

But while Romeo was finding it almost difficult to look away, Chris didn't seem to be experiencing the same problem. In fact, the moment he'd looked at Cataleya, his gaze barely lasted a second before it was back on his phone just in time to see another text from Ayanna come through.

"Okay," Cataleya nods as she drops her the contents she had in her hand back into the bag,"I'm Ready." She announces, finally lifting her eyes from her bag to see Romeo staring at her and Chris next to him, typing away on his phone.

Naturally, Cataleya found herself staring at Chris with expectance, anxiously waiting for him to finally look at her. Despite them not really being on speaking terms with each other and Chris' change in feelings towards her, Cataleya couldn't rid herself of the feelings she had for him and the need to feel him look at her at least once without disgust or hatred.

"About damn time," Chris grumbles as he looks up from his phone towards her. But his blank gaze was fleeting as he soon focuses his eyes back onto his phone and walks towards the door. "Let's go."

A shooting pain instantly pierced through Cataleya's chest. She could feel the reminants of her happy mood drifting away into the atmosphere and out the open balcony doors. But nonetheless, she kept her composure.

'Bad B 101, rule number 2: 'Never let a bitch/nigga take you out of your character. Never let them see you sweat.'

Letting out a subtle yet heavy sigh, Cataleya fixes her broken smile back onto her face and begins to follow Chris out of the room.

However contrary to her belief, Romeo had caught her facial expression when it fell before it was covered up again. He immediately felt bad for her and he knew that if he was feeling some type of way about the situation and it had nothing to do with him, he could only begin to imagine how she was feeling.

Along with sympathy for Cataleya, Romeo was definitely perplexed. He couldn't believe his boss had managed to causally disregard her stunning appearance like that! Although he still didn't know the full story yet, Romeo knew that even if he were in Chris' shoes, no matter how mad he was at her, he wouldn't have been able to ignore her like he did and would have definitely taken the time to indulge in her beauty.

Finally bringing himself out of his thoughts, Romeo looks around just in time to see Cataleya about to step beyond the threshold of the bedroom door and before he knew what he was doing, he quickly advances closer to her and gently catches her arm.

"What the–" Cataleya turns around ready to cuss when she realises it was just Romeo. Her mixture of confusion and anger in her facial demeanour swiftly shifts into a amused one as she angles herself to peer up at him, "You know, we gon' have to talk about this grabbing thing... It could get you hurt one day Shakespeare."

With an amused hum, Romeo raises his eyebrow at her, "Is that a threat Ms. Cataleya?"

"Nope, I'd call that a promise." She clarified with a challenging smirk plastered across her face.

Romeo lets out a short chuckle as he shakes his head. "I see..."

"Anways, you gonna let me go now?" She raises her eyebrow. "Based of that lil two minute interval, it seems as if your boss man is on his period and I don't have the time nor the energy to deal with his bullshit today."

"Oh yeah, my bad." Romeo apologises as he immediately releases his grip with a subtle nervous chuckle, "I just stopped you because I wanted to let you know that you look beautiful."

Cataleya was so stunned by Romeo's simple comment that all she could do was stare at him for a few seconds before eventually giving him a small smile, "Thank you Shakespeare."

"You're most welcome my dear." Romeo nods while baring his pearly whites before clasping his hands together lightly, "Now, we better start moving before you get in trouble."

Cataleya nods her head enthusiastically, "Agreed."

o~O~o

Back in the kitchen, Rheah was still waiting for Michael to address what he wanted to talk to her about.

With every second that passed she could feel her nerves grow, especially since all he had been doing was staring her down with a blank look, purposely allowing the time to crawl by and the tension in the atmosphere to thicken between them. Eventually, Rheah's eyes began to drift around the room, not being able to hold onto Michael's lingering stare any longer.

Michael however, still kept his gaze on Rheah. He even took the moment as an opportunity to check her out once more.

Her simple pastel yellow maxi dress moulded to her curves perfectly and caused her smooth brown skin to glow even more underneath it. Her ears were adorned with a pair of classic diamond floral studs while her neck dazzled with the matching necklace. He also noticed that she'd kept her face pretty natural: a little mascara to accentuate her naturally long lashes, neatly threaded eyebrows and a shiny coat of lip gloss to finish her look.

All in all, Rheah looked stunning and what made it so much more captivating for Michael was the fact he knew she wasn't even trying. Like always she'd made something so simple look so unearthly that Michael had no choice but to just observe her beauty for a moment.

His baby mama was indisputably a 10/10...

"...Well, looks-wise."  The small voice in Michael's head added, causing him to let out a bemused snort and also drawing Rheah's attention back onto him.

"So I take it the Kianni thing worked out?" Michael says while folding his arms across his chest, finally starting up the conversation. "Cici looks very happy."

"Oh definitely." Rheah nods, allowing a small chuckle to escape her lips, "She was a little shy at first as you could have already imagined but it literally only took 5 minutes before they practically became best friends."

"That's good." Michael nods and faintly smiles, "I'm glad to hear that."

"Mhm, honestly it was such a pure and sweet moment and exactly what Cienna needed." Rheah agrees while subconsciously biting her lip, "So thank you."

"For what?" Michael's eyebrows knit together momentarily, "It ain't nothing to thank me for. That's my daughter and it's my job to look after her and most importantly, make her happy. Imma always make sure she good, regardless."

"True." Rheah nods in understanding and also feeling slightly embarrassed, "I hear that."

"Good." Michael's firm tone practically ends the conversation.

Expectingly, silence falls between them again and the two end back up in a staring match.

"So," Rheah starts up after a few minutes, pushing some loose strands of hair behind her ear, "Uh, is that all you wanted to talk about?"

"No." He responds, causing Rheah's eyes to spark with curiosity, "I'm giving Jalil the day off tomorrow, we'll, not really a day off but I'm sending him to do the training shift tomorrow."

"Oh, okay..." Rheah nods but she couldn't hide the frown forming on her face. "So does that mean someone else is coming to replace him for the day?"

Michael shakes his head, "Nah. Imma be home tomorrow."

Rheah's eyes slightly widen in surprise. "Oh, alright."

"I still have to work so I'll be in my office for the most part." He informs, "So, with that being said, I'm allowing you to have a little less supervision for the day cus I sure as hell ain't got the time nor do I want to be following your ass around the house."

With her slight frown growing on her face, Rheah nods her head, "Okay, that sounds cool to me." She shrugs with folded arms across her chest, "I mean, I've been told you already I'm not planning to run or nothing, so you ain't gotta worry."

Michael lets out a bemused snort, "Trust me I don't. You may be a lot of things Rheah but I know, you ain't dumb."

"Okay," Rheah's eyebrows knit together with slight annoyance, "So if you know that, why do you insist on having Jalil around all together?"

"Because, I ain't stupid either." Michael scoffs, "I've learned my lesson when it comes to you so I'm not putting anything past you nor am I taking any chances with you."

Rheah internally rolls her eyes and shakes her head to mentally stop herself from making a smart remark, "Whatever, you finish? Can I go now?"

"No."

Rheah watches as Michael pushes himself off the counter he was leaning against. Alarms bells immediately went off in her head the moment she realised he was drawing closer to her. She could hear  her heart begin to speed up as her face twists with slight confusion and nervousness the closer he got.

In the blink of an eye, Michael had closed the gap between them and was now towering over Rheah, causing her to lift her gaze from his chest onto his face...only to find him already looking down at her. 

By now, the little people in Rheah's head were running around in circles trying to make sense of her current predicament. Not knowing what Michael's exact intentions were or what his next moves were going to be, Rheah pushes her back flush against the counter along with her hands to stop herself from touching him.

However, her efforts went quickly down the drain as Michael made it his business to cover the small gap she had created between them by moving closer to her once more. By now, Rheah was finding difficulty in breathing and it only seemed to grow worse as she watched his hands come up on either side of her and land firmly on the counter, trapping her between it and him. In that moment, a wave of dizziness struck Rheah along with the scent of his cologne and the warmth of his body. She could feel her body temperature rise and tingles shoot all over her skin.

Rheah tries to swallow her nerves, "Uh-Uh Mi-Mic–"

The corners of Michael's mouth turn into a slight smirk as he begins to draw his face closer hers.

With her body and mind in full panic mode, Rheah shut her eyes in hopes to conceal the fear, anxiousness and excitement within them. She didn't know what was going on or how they exactly got right here but as much as her mind and body were ready for what she thought was going to happen, her nerves weren't catching up with the programme.

Licking her lips subtly, Rheah braces herself for impact.

Everything happened so fast.

One moment, Michael's scent and warmth was suffocating, the next it wasn't.

Opening her eyes, Rheah finds Michael back in his previous spot and positioning: by the fridge, but this time with a mango in his mouth. Rheah could only blink in shock while Michael bites into the skin of the mango, peeling it off slightly, before biting into the mango itself... all while watching her with an amused glint sparkling mischievously in his eyes.

Rheah's mouth opens and closes like a fish out of water for a few seconds before she finds the strength to straighten herself up.

"Urm." She clears her throat, "Uh, are we finished here now? Can I go?...please?"

Michael simply nods, leaning back against the counter near the fridge watching her while he enjoys his mango.

"Cool, thank you." She nods and swiftly turns on her heels, heading full speed towards the kitchen door.

"Oh and Rheah," Michael calls, causing Rheah to stop and turn back to him.

"Mhm?" She hums almost shakily.

Michael's lips curve into a slick smile, "That dress looks good on you."

Rheah's cheeks flush as she stutters out a quick 'thank you' before rushing out the kitchen door.

Chucking to himself, Michael shakes his head at her before he turns around and opens the fridge once more, pulling some ingredients out to make to something to eat.

o~O~o

As if luck was on their side, Romeo and Cataleya had managed to close the distance and make it outside to the car just as Chris was walking down the driveway to where he'd parked the vehicle.

"The door's open." Chris announces as he hits the 'unlock button' on his car-keys before glancing around to see Cataleya and Romeo still on the porch, "Yo, the fuck you still doing over there?! Hurry up and get in! I ain't got all day."

Feeling a wave of annoyance rush over her, Cataleya bites the inside of her cheek to refrain from cussing at Chris as she steps off the porch, heading over to the car. Not missing a beat, Romeo steps off the porch right after, following closely behind of her.

By now, Chris was already seated in the driver's seat, still typing away on his phone when Cataleya finally made it to the passenger side door. But before she could open it, another hand beat her to the handle and opens the car door for her.

With a small smile playing in her lips, Cataleya climbs into the car before looking back up at Romeo, "Thank you."

"Ain't no problem." Romeo nods at her with a smile as he rests his hand on the roof of the car. "Hope it all goes well... and don't forget to tell the doctor about the morning sickness."

The last bit of Romeo's words immediately catches Chris' attention. Drawing his gaze away from his phone briefly, he eyes Cataleya and Romeo for a second, a little curious as to why this was the first he'd heard about her having those symptoms and why she hadn't told him anything.

However, before his curiosity could spiral into annoyance, A text message coming in from Ayanna instantly draws his focus back onto his phone. Smirking silently to himself at the message, Chris pulls down the text at the top of his screen to reply. But even though his attention was momentarily being occupied, Chris' thoughts were still on Cataleya and the maternity issue she had failed to inform him about. He wasn't going to say anything now, clearly, but he was definitely going to bring it up later.

"...Yeah I will." Cataleya nods and extends her smile, "Well, see you later Shakespeare, don't miss me too much."

Romeo closes the door while letting out a bemused snort, "Oh don't worry I won't." He grins lazily, "I'm happy for the break."

In response, Cataleya sticks her middle finger up at Romeo who was cracking up with laughter on the other side of her window.

"Later trouble." Romeo's amused tone floats through the car window faintly as he backs away from the car.

Shaking her head in amusement, Cataleya watches as he finally turns around and jogs the short distance of the driveway until he made it back up to the house. Just as Romeo disappears beyond the threshold of the front door, Cataleya turns her attention back into the car to finish getting herself settled in while Chris finally puts his phone down, placing it on charge.

Hearing an abundance of subtle shuffling noises, Chris glances over at Cataleya just in time to see her reaching for her seatbelt. Noticing that her attention was purely focused on getting herself strapped in, Chris took this moment to soak in how beautiful she was. He had definitely noticed the first time he saw her up in the bedroom but chose to distract himself with his phone so that he wouldn't slip up and give her the wrong impression.

He didn't want her or any part of their relationship back...

... But that didn't mean he could disregard the facts.

Cataleya was an effortlessly beautiful woman. It was something he took notice of very early on in their timeline of meeting and was amongst one of the many things that drew him to her.

Even now, as he sat in his seat, subtly admiring her appearance, Chris couldn't help but be captivated by the newer additions/changes to her body. Unless she told, you wouldn't know Cataleya was pregnant and you would pass off certain details about her as being the norm, but for Chris, who noticed every little thing about her, knew that these changes/additions were the result of their children growing inside of her womb.

For example, he noticed that she wasn't wearing her usual Arabian perfume and had opted for a more zesty sweet floral smell. In fact, she hadn't been wearing it for a while now so he assumed the smell was probably too strong for her but nevertheless, she still smelled divine. He noticed the small spread to her hips, which accentuated her already curvy figure, the extra swell to her medium-sized breasts (something his eyes lingered on a little more), the extra glow coating her chestnut brown skin along with the slight flush of red tint under her cheeks due to her being a lot warmer than usual.

As Chris rounded up his mental observations of Cataleya, something finally dawned on him. Cataleya was only at the start of her pregnancy and already showing out to be a problem...

He knew that as time went on she was only going to look even better and that the real struggle would fall in then. Not just with his self control but he knew that other men would be just as mesmerised by her like he was. And even though he knew it shouldn't bother him anymore, That thought alone never failed to piss him off.

Feeling himself grow strangely annoyed by the second, Chris quickly shakes his head and climbs out of his thoughts just as Cataleya manages to finally click in her seat belt. Naturally, her eyes lift towards Chris only to find him staring at her.

"Oh uh, I don't know if you heard all the shuffling but the belt was jammed and then my sleeve got tangled in the buckle," Cataleya rambles under Chris' intense stare, "But yeah I'm sorry, you can go now."

Chris doesn't say a word. Instead he continues to stare at her but only for a few second longer before turning his gaze towards the windshield and starts up the car.

As the engine subtly roars to life and the car begins to advance forward, Cataleya finally lets out the breath she didn't know she was holding. A responsive Chris was always a lot easier to deal with than a silent one, so Cataleya would be lying if she said that moment didn't rub her the wrong way.

Sitting back in her seat, Cataleya turns her gaze towards the window. However, instead of seeing the beautiful scenic view of the trees and wildlife, all she could see were Chris' empty and guarded eyes staring back at her. And as the smooth sounds of Popcaan's 'Fall In love' began to play softly through the speakers, Cataleya began to think back to better days when Chris would look at her like she was his world.

o~O~o

"So then before I leave, he's like: 'That dress looks good on me' like my hormones aren't already going crazy!" Rheah quietly exclaims, "Oh my gosh, I can't even breathe right now!" She flusters.

Beside her, Jalil, who had been listening attentively to her ramble on about her kitchen encounter with Michael, laughs out loud, earning him scowls and 'shhs' from Cienna and Kianni who were still sitting on the carpet, trying to watch their movie.

"Oops, my bad princesses." Jalil apologises with a chuckle, his hands raised in surrender.

The little girls turn back to the TV and Jalil looks back at Rheah who still seemed to be in distress. Her head was now leaned all the way back with her gaze towards the ceiling but even though she was physically there, her mind was definitely elsewhere.

"Is it bad that all I want to do is jump him and give him another baby?" Rheah sighs, bringing her head back up to meet Jalil's amused gaze.

Chuckling quietly, Jalil leans further into the sofa. But he doesn't respond. Instead, he continues to stare at her.

"What?" Rheah asks with furrowed eyebrows at his smile.

"Hmmm nothing," Jalil hums, "It's just funny how this morning, you said he probably doesn't care or love you anymore and yet, here he was, paying you compliments and getting close to you again."

Rheah shakes her head defiantly, "Oh no, I still stand by my earlier comments, he's just trying to mess with me. This is just a part of his plans to make me suffer...and it's working." She pouts, crashing her head softly onto Jalil's shoulder.

Shaking his head at her theatrics, Jalil pats her back in comfort. "You are so dramatic, you know that, right?"

"I've been told." Rheah's muffled voice sounds out, her face still buried in Jalil's chest.

She suddenly gasps, swiftly bringing her head back up, nearly missing Jalil's jaw in the process.

"You know what I just realised?!"

"What?"

"He said he's gonna be here tomorrow for the whole day!"

"And?" Jalil asks, amused.

"What you mean 'and?'! What if wants to talk again?!" Rheah panics, "I can't take another dose of that... my poor heart and hormones!"

"Again with the theatrics Rhee," Jalil playfully rolls his eyes, "Just take it easy and wait to see what tomorrow brings. If boss man does talk to you, then you know what you gotta do."

"Which is?"

"Shoot your shot." Jalil shrugs. "And not the literal one, the 'I want my man back' one."

Rheah stares at him as if he had grown five heads.

"You want me dead, don't you?"

Jalil laughs out loud but quickly covers his mouth the moment he earned another scowl from his daughter. He turns his gaze back to Rheah who was still staring at him incredulously.

"Don't look at me like that, Rhee, I'm making sense." Jalil chuckles.

"Jalil..." Rheah rebuts, "You want me to shoot my shot at the man that currently hates my guts. Does that not sound like a death wish to you?!"

Jalil chuckles, "Michael isn't going to kill you for that."

"But he's gonna reject me and that's just as bad."

"No sane man will reject you, Rheah." Jalil shakes his head, "All I'm saying is, if you want to rebuild your relationship, you gotta earn his trust and let him meet the REAL you this time."

Rheah recoils at the idea. "To be honest, I don't think he'll be ready for the 'real me' yet. He might hear something he wasn't ready for and really kill me then."

"Gyal!" Jalil whisper shouts while shaking her shoulder with one hand, "He nah go kill yuh, stop wuk up yourself!"

Rheah stares at Jalil who mirrors her expression with just as much intensity. Eventually, Rheah's gaze folds.

"Fine," She sighs, "I'll try it...maybe."

"No, you will do just so." Jalil chastises, "Not no maybe."

"Nigga please," Rheah scoffs playfully, "You can't tell me what to do, you ain't my daddy."

Jalil lets out a bemused snort, "Well clearly your daddy couldn't tell you what to do either cus here you are."

Rheah's jaw drops.

"Oop! Close your mouth baby,"  Jalil warns with a mischievous smile dancing across his face while his hand lifts to close her mouth, "You might catch flies."

Rheah swiftly moves from away from him  before his hands could touch her, "Nah, Lil you did too much with that one, like I'm actually low-key in my feelings right now."

Jalil shrugs, "The truth will do that to you, baby girl."

Once again, Rheah found herself letting out a deep sigh as she leans her head back and draws her gaze towards the ceiling. "You right," She admits, "But I didn't need to hear that right now... Man, I just feel so bad."

"As you should." Jalil shrugs as he assumes the same position as her, "You know you fucked up on that end too right?"

Rheah tilts her head to the side giving Jalil an 'I know' look.

"So, you thought about how you gonna fix that?" He inquires curiously.

Rheah lets out a bemused snort, "Jalil, fix ain't even the word to use... cus that whole situation alone is a mess I'm convinced can never be undone."

"You're right, it can't be undone," Jalil nods and shifts his gaze towards Rheah, to find her already looking at him, "But I know you can definitely mend it. Regardless of what's happened, that's still your family at the end of the day and from what I understand of the situation, I'm sure your father didn't go through all of that with y'all just to hang y'all out to dry permanently."

Rheah shakes her head, "Clearly you don't know the Mafia King as well as you think you do."

"No, I probably don't but as a father I would like to think that me and Antonio Giovanni have similar values in that department so I make my judgment based off of that."

"Rule number 3: Do not allow family ties to cloud judgement." Rheah recites, causing Jalil to raise an eyebrow at her, "Antonio Giovanni may be a father just like you Jalil, but unlike you, he is in charge of one the biggest criminal organisations in the world. He may have a duty towards us for his fatherhood but he also has one to fulfill as the leader of La Cosa Nostra."

"And because of that you're just going to ignore yours? Rheah, your family is still after your man's blood both figuratively and literally. If you and your sister don't act and continue to shy away from the issue, it will only end badly on both parts."

"And you don't think I know that Jalil?"Rheah snaps slightly, "For months Cataleya and I have tried to figure out our way around it but every option or plan we came up with seemed to not have a happy ending. And even now that everything is out in the open, both sides still want to kill each other and even us!"

"Rhee come on now, they may want to kill each other,yes, but killing y'all," Jalil shakes his head, "I highly doubt it."

Rheah rolls her eyes, "Listen, even if they both hypothetically didn't want to "kill us," both sides hate definitely still hate us and for that simple fact alone I know that even if we try, they won't give a shit about what we say or how we feel because they didn't listen or give a shit then."

There was silence as Rheah's words linger between the two and Jalil takes a moment to really process the severity of her situation.

"You know what..." He nods, slowly rubbing his chin, "When you put it that way, you right."

"Finally!" Rheah exclaims quietly, "Thank you for finally stepping into the real world Jalil, please do enjoy your stay."

Jalil glances at her with an amused smile dancing on his lips before shaking his head and returns his gaze towards the ceiling, "Well damn, ain't this some bullshit."

Rheah scoffs with bemusement as her head falls onto Jalil's shoulder, "Who you telling..."

Just then, Michael enters the living room just in time as the children's film had just began to roll its credits. Taking his gaze off the little girls who were beginning to get up from their laying down positions, Michael's eyes land on Jalil and Rheah.

They were still in the same place he'd left them, only this time, Jalil's hand wasn't around the back of the chair closer to Rheah as her head was laying against the shoulder of that arm. Michael's face immediately falls into a slight frown but it didn't last long as his daughter and Kianni had finally turned around and spotted him once more.

"Hi Daddy!" Cienna exclaims, causing Rheah to swiftly lean up from Jalil to look back at him. Beside her, Jalil could only smirk silently at her behaviour. "Finally, you're back."

"That I am, my little dumpling." Michael muses, matching her grin, "You miss me?"

"Well yeah, you said you were coming right back," Cienna narrows her eyes at him slightly, "And you only come back now and you miss the whole film."

Michael chuckles as he draws closer to them, "My bad lil mama, I figured the princesses would be hungry after the film so I stayed in the kitchen and made dinner."

"What did you make?" Cienna asks with a raised sceptical eyebrow and her little arms folded across her chest.

Michael chuckles, "Pumpkin soup."

Cienna grins from ear to ear. "Okay, c'mon Kiki, let's go to the kitchen." She springs up from the floor while taking her friend's hand, pulling her along with her towards her father.

"But I don't like pumpkin soup," Kianni frowns.

Cienna stops and looks at Kianni, "Oh, why?"

Kiki scrunches up her face, "Isn't that yucky?"

"Oh no," Cienna giggles and shakes her head, "My daddy makes it taste nice, trust me."

Kianni smiles, "Okay...I'll try it."

"Okay let's go," Cienna grins as she continues to pull Kianni along out the living room and towards the kitchen.

Michael's amused eyes turn from the two little madams onto Rheah and Jalil, "Y'all want soup?"

"Uh, yeah sure." Rheah nods as she gets up from her seat.

"Sounds good to me," Jalil grins and claps as he gets up, following behind Rheah.

Michael nods, "Cool, Rheah you go on ahead and dish out the girls, yourself and Jalil. Jalil, hold up one minute, let me chat to you real quick."

Rheah's movement stills instantly as she quickly looks back towards Michael and then towards Jalil. Her gaze shifts between the two for a few seconds more, eyeing them curiously as her mind races and nosily tries to figure out what the hell was about to happen. Michael's face was neutral, holding no emotion nor clues to what he was going to discuss. Jalil too, didn't seem to show worry of any kind.

Before Rheah could get any answers to satisfy her inquisitive mind, Cienna's voice snaps her out of the trance.

"Daddy? Mommy? Uncle Lil? Is someone coming to share the food?" Her small but loud voice calls from the distance.

"Uh, coming baby." Rheah calls back, finally tearing her eyes away from the men and heading out of the living room.

Both Jalil and Michael watch Rheah venture down the corridor until she was out of sight before finally turning towards each other.

"So boss," Jalil smiles, "Wassup?"

o o o

Almost 10 minutes had passed since the girls had left the living room and they were still delving into their bowls of pumpkin soup, throughly enjoying it with a slice of hard dough bread. Rheah too, was also enjoying her meal but not to the extent she usually would as she was still anxiously anticipating the men's entrance into the kitchen. She wondered what was going on and what they were talking about... Jalil would tell her when he came back.

Just as she thought so, Jalil and Michael entered the kitchen.

Jalil strolls in first and judging by his amused facial expression, whatever they spoke about wasn't bad. Michael's face was blank until he saw the girls and his flat demeanour shifts into a more elated one

"So, how's the soup, angels?" He asks, cheerily as he walks towards them.

"Very yummy Daddy, good job!" Cienna praises while Kianni nods beside her.

While Michael thanks them for the compliment, Jalil takes his bowl that was left on the side and a spoon before he takes his seat next to Rheah on the kitchen island.

"So?" Rheah whispers quietly, "What happened?"

Jalil shakes his head, "Nothing... it was just about business."

Rheah eyes him sceptically, "Really? He ain't talk about nothing else?"

"Nope," Jalil says popping the p while an amused glint dances around in his eyes. "Strictly business."

o~O~o

Negril, Jamaica📍
3:25 pm
May4th '19

With a small smile playing on her lips, Cataleya absentmindedly nods her head to the beat of Beres Hammond's 'Can't Stop A Man' as the breeze from her window tickles her face. She only steps back into reality when a little drumming noise draws her attention.

Turning her gaze to Chris, she catches him tapping his finger on the bottom of the steering wheel, his head bopping to the beat as he focuses on the road. It was here that Cataleya took the time to admire the handsome man beside her. She bites her lip as she takes in his side profile...his sharp jawline peppered with short dark face stubble... his plump pink kissable lips... the tattoos that climbed his neck through his white tee.

The man was too fine for his own good even when he wasn't even trying. Dressed down in his all white casual look consisting of a t-shirt, shorts, white Nike socks and white Air Forces, Chris was looking crisp and fresh but the black cap perched on his head, gold Cuban chain around his neck along with the gold pinky ring and AP on his wrist, added the perfect amount of sophistication to complete his fit.

As if he had felt the heat of Cataleya's lingering gaze, Chris turns to her. But although his eyes were hidden behind his sunglasses, Cataleya knew she had been caught in the act. Embarrassed, she quickly turns away, praying that he did too.

"How come you didn't say anything about you being sick?" She heard his voice filter within the music after a while.

"Huh?" Cataleya turns back to him, a little pleased that he had focused his gaze back on the road.

Chris glances at her. "If you can 'huh' you can hear."

Feeling herself getting irritated by his sharp comment, Cataleya exhales. "I know you said something but I'm just not sure what you said."

Chris looks between her and the road before he lowers the volume of the music. "I said, how come you didn't tell me about your morning sickness?" He repeats, a little slower this time.

"'Cus it's not that serious." She shrugs. "Besides, you haven't been at the house much so I didn't think it was necessary to tell you about it."

Chris stares at her. "Well I don't care if you don't think it's serious or necessary Leya, you tell me anything and everything that has to do with you and this pregnancy, do you understand me?"

Tense silence falls between them as she glares at him before eventually nodding. "Yeah, I hear you."

Satisfied with her answer, Chris nods and draws his attention back to the road.

"How often do you get it?" He asks after another moment of awkward silence between them.

"Uh, usually around mid-day or afternoon. Sometimes in the morning but rarely before bed." She answers.

Chris turns to her, a look of concern within his concealed eyes. "How many times a day roughly?"

"Hmm, three times max, but thank God it's not every day." Cataleya smiles.

Chris holds back the smile that was fighting to appear from seeing her own and instead, he turns back to the road, nodding his head.

"That's good then," He says, "We're gonna see Dr Kingsley at the private hospital we set up. She's one of the best on the island. Today's check up should be a full one so she'll inform and update you properly with how far along you are and the process."

"Sounds good." Cataleya nods. "I can't wait to see the sonograms." She places her hand on her stomach and smiles, "I don't even have a belly yet, I could only imagine how small they will look like."

Chris takes a quick glance over to her and smiles. "They'll probably look like kidney beans. We'll even find out if they're identical or not."

Cataleya's eyes widen. "Oh really?" She grins, "How?"

"Well, right now, the babies are surrounded by the inner membrane called the amnion and the outer membrane," He explains, "That's called the chorion, right, and it's basically where the placenta grows from. So doctors take a look at the placentas on the ultrasound to tell whether twins may be identical or not."

Cataleya stares at him.

Chris turns to her, frowning at the look she was giving him. "What?"

"H-how do you know all of this stuff?" She asks, her eyebrows slightly falling inwards.

Chris smirks, "I told you, I read."

Cataleya shakes her head, "Nah, I read and I wouldn't have even remembered some of those words."

Chris chuckles as he turns back to the road. "I have a Bachelor's degree in Biology and a Master's in Biomedical Science."

Cataleya's jaw drops. "Really?!" She suddenly squints her eyes at him, "How comes you ain't ever tell me this before?"

"You never asked." Chris shrugs, glancing over to her before turning back to the road.  "What? You really thought my Momma was just gon' let her sons be criminals?" He chuckles.

Cataleya smiles, nodding her head. "True... Ms Maria be on job with y'all huh."

"Yup, that's our momma, always wanting the best for us."

Cataleya nods, "So what did Michael study?"

"Accounting and Finance and then he did his Master's in Business Administration."

"Wow! A potential Doctor and an Accountant, that's really impressive!" Cataleya compliments, giving Chris a smile, "I guess there's more to be revealed about the Anderson brothers than already known."

Chris chuckles and shrugs, "Maybe." He looks at her for a moment before looking back at the road and slows down his speed, "But not as much as the Giovanni sisters."

And just like that, the mood in the car was back to an awkward one. Cataleya frowns as the vehicle comes to complete stop before Chris opens his door to get out.

"Come on," He tells her, "We're here."

o o o

After confirming with the receptionist of their arrival, Chris and Cataleya make their way to Dr Kingsley's office and wait for her. A short while later, the door opens and a short Indo-Caribbean woman enters in with a smile and her silky black hair plaited down her back. Though she was in her mid 40's, she didn't look a day over 30. She also had light brown freckles which were lightly dotted around her cheeks and nose where her glasses were perched on.

"Wow! Long time no see!" She grins at Chris, her voice heavy with her rich Jamaican accent.

Chris grins back, "Hey Dr Kingsley, how you been?"

"I've been alright, can't complain. And it's always nice to see your face." Dr Kingsley takes a step back to look at him, "Wow, Maria made such beautiful children!" She compliments. "How is she and the family?"

The two continue to converse and catch up briefly before Chris eventually gestures to Cataleya.

"Cataleya this is Dr Patricia Kingsley, the best doctor on the island."

Dr Kingsley chuckles at the compliment but she doesn't deny it and shakes Cataleya's hand. "It's nice to meet you Cataleya, I'm one of the senior doctors at the hospital and the Anderson family doctor when they were in Jamaica."

Cataleya smiles, "It's nice to meet you Dr Kingsley."

"It's lovely to meet you as well. Now, I've been told that you are here for a prenatal appointment, is that correct?"

Cataleya nods her head, "Yes it is."

"Okay, how far along are you?"

"About eight weeks."

Dr Kingsley nods, "Alright, well if you would like to just take a seat on the bed over here, Chris, you can take a seat over there." She gestures to the visitor chair in the room, "And we can get started."

o o o

20 minutes into the appointment and Dr Kingsley had already gone through the main details of pregnancy and it's symptoms along with taking the details of the young mother-to-be.

She was a lovely, warm and wise woman. Her friendly demeanour instantly made Cataleya feel comfortable around her and to trust her through the process of today.

"Alright my dear, so from your urine test earlier following normal protocol," Dr Kingsley informs, reading off from a few sheets of paper in her hands, "I can confirm that you are pregnant," She smiles at Cataleya playfully, "Which you already knew."

Cataleya chuckles.

"Also the sample was fine so nothing to worry about in relation to infections or Pre-eclampsia."

Cataleya furrows her eyebrows, "Pre-eclampsia?"

Dr. Kingsley looks up from the papers, "Pre-eclampsia is a condition that affects 5% of pregnancies and it can lead to a variety of problems, including seizures." She informs, "It can also affect the growth and health of the baby and can be life-threatening to both mother and child if left untreated."

Cataleya frowns, a little worried. "Oh wow, that sound scary..."

Dr. Kingsley nods, "Women with the condition usually feel perfectly well so it can be hard to catch at first. So your blood pressure and protein in your urine needs to be constantly monitored to make sure we don't miss any signs as these are usually high in women with the condition. This is why we will discuss your antenatal appointments and make sure you're always up to date and fully checked each time."

Cataleya nods and smiles, "Of course."

"And I'm sure papa bear over there will make sure you're always checked up on." Dr Kingsley nods her head over to Chris who was sitting next to Cataleya, listening intently to everything that was being said.

Cataleya looks at him with a small smile before turning back to Dr Kingsley. "No doubt about that one."

Chris rolls his eyes amused and shrugs, "She's carrying precious cargo... what'd you expect?"

Shaking her head, Dr.Kingsley chuckles, "I hope you're not being overbearing Chris, don't stress her out. Twin pregnancies have higher stress and health risks not only on the mother but the children as well."

Memories of Miami and all the arguments they've had since her identity reveal flash in Cataleya's mind. She turns to Chris to find him already staring at her and it was as if similar flashbacks had ran across his own mind.

"When you're pregnant with more than one baby," Dr Kingsley's voice draws both of their attention back to her, "You're at a higher risk of developing pregnancy complications such as anaemia, pre-eclampsia and gestational diabetes."

As she then goes on to discuss health, dietary, exercise and other things pertaining to pregnancy, Chris couldn't ignore the feeling of guilt and nerves welling up inside him.

So far, Cataleya was healthy, despite the stress he knows he has been putting her through and the feeling of regret for the water torture back in Miami was felt stronger than ever within him.

But as much as he was irritated with her and the whole situation between them, he knew that for the sake of both her and their children, he needs to take it a little easier on her.

Cataleya, too, was taking in Dr Kingsley's words as she too knew that she needed to be more careful with her children. Feeding into the petty arguments with Chris, Janaé or anyone for that matter, was just not worth it for her and her babies.

Dr Kingsley soon checks Cataleya's blood pressure which was a little high but not alarming. Nevertheless, she still received a stern warning from Dr. Kingsley about bringing it down and trying to maintain a normal level along with tips on how to do that. She also lectured Chris on how he could help Cataleya maintain a stress-free lifestyle to avoid hypertension and other dangers to her and their unborns.

"Okay, so last test of the day will be your blood test and this will be used for your screening your blood for any diseases that may be harmful to you and your little ones." Dr Kingsley informs.

"Oh...okay," Cataleya nods but her nerves was evident in her hesitant tone. "Just to put it out there Doc, I hate blood tests... I've only had two done and to be honest, those two times were enough."

Dr. Kingsley chuckles and pats Cataleya's arm, giving her a comforting squeeze. "It's okay, it will be over before you know it. I'll try and make it as seamless as possible."

Cataleya exhales a deep breath, "Okay."

Dr. Kingsley prepares the needles and viles for the blood test while Cataleya warily prepares herself for what was to come. Giving Cataleya a gentle smile, Dr Kingsley rubs a ball of cotton wool over a vein. "Okay, ready." She says as she lifts the needle.

Cataleya stares at the needle, panting heavily. "Uh, I don't know if I ca–"

Her sentence was cut off when she felt a warm, smooth hand grip her free hand, intertwining their fingers and sending a jolt of electricity shooting up her whole arm.

Her head instantly turns to the side to meet Chris' gaze. He gives a small comforting smile along with a small squeeze of reassurance...that he was here.

Cataleya could feel her heart pounding loudly in her ears. It had felt like forever since he held her hand like this. She searches his eyes for clues to what he was thinking or how he was feeling but as usual, his deep brown orbs were guarded with blankness.

Cataleya had been so busy staring at Chris that she hadn't realised the needle was in her arm. Dr Kingsley briefly looks up at the pair staring at each other and smiles before screwing one of the viles onto the needle knob and turning it to allow the blood to drain through.

Feeling the slight weird sensation in her arms, Cataleya looks down in surprise as Dr Kingsley had already drawn blood into three viles.

"Wow!" Cataleya laughs. "You really are a professional, I didn't even feel a thing!"

Dr.Kingsley chuckles softly, "That I am, my dear, but I can't take all the credit." She peers up at Cataleya before darting her eyes towards Chris. "I'm sure your boyfriend helped distract you."

Cataleya's mouth awkwardly gapes open and closes again as she turns to Chris before quickly looking back at Dr Kingsley. "Uh, w-we're–"

"We're not together, doc." Chris cuts in.

A sharp pain shoots through Cataleya's heart by his words. She knew where they stood but hearing him say it really did bring her whole mood down. Even Dr. Kingsley's smile fell a little as she looked at the pair, trying to figure out what was going on while still doing her work.

"Hmm, well you two should be," She voices her opinion. "I'm not sure what happened between the two of you but I can spot true love when I see it." She looks at them momentarily with a small amused smile before tending back to Cataleya's arm.

Cataleya's gaze quickly darts to Chris who was still looking at Dr Kingsley.

"Trust me," Chris chuckles, "I thought so too..."

Cataleya sighs quietly and drops her gaze as Dr. Kingsley peers up at Chris with a raised eyebrow.

Chris shrugs, "But shit happens and you deal with the cards life has handed to you."

Dr.Kingsley nods, listening to him as she looks back down to Cataleya's arm and begins to take out the needle.

Chris looks at Cataleya who was watching Dr.Kingsley and her arm anxiously, "But at least I got to experience true love," He admits with a fraction of a smile. "We probably won't be together any time soon... or ever again if it were up to me... but it's true when they say the heart wants what it wants."

While Dr Kingsley smiles, understanding Chris' words, Cataleya's eyes shoot up towards him, staring at him as she tries to process what she had just heard.

Soon, Dr.Kingsley swiftly removes the needle and wipes the spot that bled a little before sticking a band-aid over it.

"All done." She smiles, standing up and throwing the needle in the 'sharp' bin before collecting the viles full of dark red liquid and placing them in a clear plastic bag. "I'll be back to do the ultrasound but I just need to drop these viles off by the nurse's office."

But Cataleya barely heard a thing she had said. Her eyes and thoughts were still stuck on Chris as she tries to decipher what he meant when he said what he said to Dr Kingsley. She didn't even notice when the woman had left the room until Chris slips his hand out of hers and takes his phone out of his pocket after feeling it vibrate. She watches, still astonished, as he types away on his phone, instantly missing the warmth and tender feel of his hand in hers.

Clasping her hands together, Cataleya tries to savour the moment as she looks down at her fingers, biting her lip as her mind races to figure out what to say to fill the silence within the room.

"What did you mean by what you just said?" She finally finds the courage to ask him.

"Hm?" Chris puts his phone down after finishing his text and turns to her.

"If you can 'hm' you can hear." Cataleya chuckles softly.

Chris smacks his lips, amused, "Likkle girl don't try play me."

Cataleya looks around playfully, "Little girl? I ain't see no little girl in here."

Chris stares at her before shaking his head, though he couldn't stop the smile that was already growing on his face.

"I asked," She sighs, "What did you mean by what you said to Dr.Kingsley... Is there hope for us in the future?"

Another small moment of silence passes between them as Chris stares at her.

"Maybe," He eventually shrugs, "But Imma be honest, even if there was, I don't want it."

Cataleya's heart sinks to her stomach.

"Why Chris?!" She exclaims with her hands thrown up in frustration, "I don't understand... you love me and I love you and I don't think I'm ever going to stop loving you so what am I supposed to do?!"

Chris' stare remains blank.

"I'm sorry that you feel that way but I already gave you a chance Cataleya. Even when I knew I shouldn't have, I did. I fell so deep in love with you I was so scared of what was happening to me. I knew that anything that felt this good had to be wrong...It had to be too good to be true and you proved me right."

Cataleya could feel the sting of her tears forming in her eyes as he continues.

"You played me, you put my family's life in danger, people I loved and cared about are dead because you fucking lied to me! You lied to me about everything!"

Tears streams down Cataleya's face as the pain in his voice shatters her heart. She tries to push them away but the more she wipes, the more they fall.

Chris leans forward and catches her hands. "Hey, stop all of that," He wipes her tears for her, "You need to hear what I'm trying to say, okay?"

It was then Cataleya realised that Chris was finally taking the opportunity to truly say what was on his mind and express what had been weighing on his heart for weeks. Even now, it was taking him a lot to speak but he had to for his sanity and hers.

Cataleya sucks in her breath, trying to calm down and soon she nods. Chris waits until she was no longer crying but still holds onto her hands.

"You lied to me about everything Leya, so much that I don't even know who the person I fell in love with–still in love with–is anymore."

Cataleya tries not to cry but nods, her lips quivering.

"I can't do it again Leya, honestly my heart can't take what you've put me through once, I can't go through this twice over. I'll always have love for you but I need you to understand I ain't doing this relationship shit again."

Cataleya exhales a deep, defeated sigh as she holds back her tears. "Alright fine," She breathes, trying to regain her composure but her heart was still heavy. "I don't agree with your decision nor do I believe it but I'll respect it and I appreciate your honesty."

Chris nods and lets go of her hands. "Alright."

Just then, the office door opens and both their eyes fall in its direction just in time to see Dr Kingsley step back into the room. However, instead of coming straight towards them, she goes over to her desk to collect a few things.

"And just so you know," Cataleya starts up, drawing her eyes away from Dr. Kingsley and onto Chris, "I'm not giving up on you, on us."

Chris looks towards Cataleya with a raised eyebrow.

"You're mine Christopher." She states confidently while staring directly into his eyes, "No matter what you may think or try to tell yourself."

Chris' stare lingers on Cataleya for a moment longer and the determination in her eyes never faltered. With a small smile playing on his lips, Chris shakes his head at her and turns his gaze towards Dr. Kingsley who was finally taking her seat in front of them once more.

"Okay," She smiles, "Who's ready to see the babies?"

.................................................................................

Shiloh as Kianni Edwards

Rheah's outfit:

Cataleya's outfit:

Chris' outfit:

Michael's outfit:

..................................................................................

A/N:

Hello Lovelies, how art thou?

It's been a while since we gave you a long chapter so we hope you guys enjoyed this one 😊

There was a lotttt to see and unpack in this chapter so we finna keep this simple....

Thoughts 💭 about the events of this chapter👀???

And

Thoughts 💭 on individual characters???

Also, what y'all think Cataleya and Chris having? Identical twins or nah? Two girls? Two boys? One of each? 👀

Finally, we wanna say congrats to all of y'all who got on the trivia question right in the previous chapter 👏🏾👏🏾 Cataleya does have a rose tattoo and it is located on her hip bone to upper thigh area 🌹

Okay, for this Trivia question segment, we finna up the notch 😉

Q1) What is Cienna's full name?

Q2) At what age did Chris and Michael leave Jamaica to live in the States?

Q3) Who is the eldest Giovanni child?

Alright lovelies, that's all for now. We'll see you in the next one 😉❤️

Byeeee! 💋

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 3.6K 14
Kwentong iyong magugustuhan
235K 7.5K 167
What if a Pokémon Trainer found herself in the world of One Piece? What if she found herself with the Strawhat Pirates? What if she finds herself get...
5.1M 45.1K 53
Welcome to The Wattpad HQ Community Happenings story! We are so glad you're part of our global community. This is the place for readers and writers...