Arcanum Hominem (#1)

Od ScarWri

Book #1 ARE-KAY-NOOM AH-MEE-NEM Mysterious Man She can't see through him, but he sees right through her. She... Viac

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
Chapter 85
Chapter 86
Chapter 87
Chapter 88
Chapter 89
Chapter 90
Chapter 91
Chapter 92
Chapter 93
Chapter 94
Chapter 95
Chapter 96
Chapter 97
Chapter 98
Chapter 99
Chapter 100
Epilogue

Chapter 41

1K 59 27
Od ScarWri

I helped pack the bags that would be needed and packed the car that we would be taking. 

"That's the last of it. Remember to keep in constant communication, and good luck with your first operation Scarlett." Levi patted me on the back, and I smiled at him.

"Thank you." I went to the passenger's side of the car and got in, my stomach turning in knots. This was going to be the first time I was completely alone with Killian in months. I watched as he patted Levi on the back, and then he made his way to the driver's side. When he sat down, his scent filled the car, annoying me because he smelled so good. He was dressed comfortably in black jeans and a gray turtleneck that hugged his chest and arms deliciously, which annoyed me even more. It was like he made himself so enticing on purpose. I waved at the team as Killian reversed and stared straight ahead when they were no longer in sight.

Neither of us spoke to each other for the first hour and a half of the five-hour trip. I planned for it to stay that way for the rest of the trip until we absolutely had to speak to each other. It was still bright outside, now afternoon, and I enjoyed seeing the countryside during this trip. It was calming and helped keep my mind off of the man sitting next to me.

"You know, eventually, you'll have to talk to me." Killian broke the silence, and I cringed when he spoke. I thought the silence would last longer than that. I didn't respond to him and kept staring straight ahead. I could see from the corner of my eye how he turned his head and stared at me before looking at the road. "Scar."

I gritted my teeth as he said my nickname, not liking how my body reacted to his voice. Calm down, you traitor. If I was being candid, I did miss Killian. His voice, his presence, his touch. Snap out of it! I huffed and rolled my eyes, looking out of the window, trying my best to ignore him. He huffed after a few minutes of silence and didn't say another word after that. The rest of the trip was silent, just how I wanted, and soon we were at the house. It was in the middle of two other houses that were identical to the one we would be living in.

"Welcome to our humble abode. We'll be living here for at least a month, and I'll go over the rest of the case file later today when we're settled in."

I nodded at Killian before leaving the car. It was quiet in this neighborhood, not a person in sight. I grabbed my bags from the trunk and back seat and followed him to the front door. He pulled out a key and unlocked the door, twisting it open. It was a cute little inside, with the stairs to the left of the door, and I could clearly see the living room from where I was standing. I walked up the stairs and saw three doors on the floor. I walked to the furthest one, opening it. It was a bedroom, a beautiful one with dark bedding and furnishing.  A single queen-sized bed sat in the middle of the room, and next to it was a small bookcase and the other side a small dresser. 

I dropped my bags on the floor and stretched before turning around. I let out a grunt when I almost bumped into Killian, who was walking up behind me with his own bags.

"Um, what are you doing? This is my room." For the first time this entire trip, I spoke to him, and he paused, tilting his head, some black curls spilling into his eyes. 

"This is my room too. There's only one bedroom in this house."

I shook my head, scoffing. "No, no. I saw two other doors on this floor. Pick one."

"One is a guest bathroom, and the other is an office. No extra bedrooms. Trust me, this isn't ideal for me either." He walked to an open space across from the bed and disappeared around the corner. I hurried out of the room, trying to calm my rapidly beating heart. Sharing a bed with Killian? That was not what I had planned.

***

"Are you ready to go over the plans?" Killian asked me from the bedroom. I was currently in the bathroom, fresh out of the shower. 

"I'm in a towel. Does it look like I'm ready to go over plans right now?" I asked sarcastically as I put lotion on my arms.

"Your eyes and brain still work, right? Then yes, it looks like you can go over the plans right now." He responded, which made me smirk just a little, but I quickly stopped before he could see.

"Fine." I walked out of the bathroom and into the bedroom, the towel tied tightly around my body. Killian was sitting on the bed, shirtless with just black sweatpants on. His tattoo was beautifully wrapped around his skin, and my fingers itched to touch it, but I mentally smacked myself to stop it. A folder was on the large bed, and papers were thrown everywhere on the bed. He had a lamp by the bed turned on since it was now nighttime. 

He didn't look up when I stood by the bed next to him, peering at the papers. 

"So, the target lives a few neighborhoods over in a large house. His wife works from home, so she's always there, but he's usually at his office. To gain his trust, we'll start simple by going to the grocery store he frequents and see if we bump into him there, and then we'll go from there." Killian gave me the information, and I squinted at the papers, looking for a name and face to recognize. 

"Where's his picture, and what's his name?" I asked, sitting on the part of the bed that didn't have papers on it. Only when the bed dipped was when Killian looked up, brows raising when his eyes landed on the towel wrapped around my body. His eyes slightly darkened, and I had to force myself not to press my legs together. "Don't. Don't look at me like that. Answer my questions." I snapped my fingers in his face, and he smirked before looking back down at the papers. I didn't want him looking at me like that because I wouldn't be able to control how my body responded. My body still wanted him badly, but at the moment, my mind didn't. Well, I tried not to, at least. 

"The target's name is Hunter Emmons. There's no picture of him on file, but I've seen him before when we tried to capture him the first time, so whenever I spot him, I'll point him out." Killian explained, and I got up from the bed. 

"Wow, so I'm just supposed to rely on you?" I scoffed. 

"Scarlett, come on. You're going to have to get over your animosity toward me. We have to work together and be on one page." He stood up as well, taking a step toward me. I held up a finger.

"You can't tell me to just get over it. Not too long ago, you wanted to dump me back to my old life and never speak to me again. Now that you see I'm not going anywhere, you want me to get over it?" I mocked him, catching my towel as it started to slip. Killian's eyes followed the motion before looking at my face again. 

"Scar, it was for your own safety. Now I realize how idiotic that decision would've been. You're a great friend." His eyes softened, and so did my cold heart, but I didn't want it to do that. I turned around, not wanting to accept his words. I began walking back to the bathroom, but his next words stopped me.

"I'm sorry."

I tilted my head, not expecting those words to ever come out of his mouth. Slowly turning back around, I faced him, and he walked my way until he was directly in front of me. 

"I'm sorry, Scarlett. I'm sorry for hurting you. That was never my intention. I was just looking out for your safety." His deep voice was low as he locked eyes with mine, the emotion in them matching his tone. I sighed and wrapped my arms around his waist, my head on his chest.

"Thank you," I mumbled into his chest, my body heating up when he wrapped his arms around my body.

"Of course. Now, will you marry me?"

I leaned back, brows scrunched. "What?" I let out a nervous chuckle, not knowing where that question was coming from. He dropped his arms, reached over to the small desk behind him, and pulled something out of the drawer. He faced me again, and in his hand was a black box. He dropped down to one knee, and I finally knew what he was doing. We were supposed to be fake married. I smiled when he opened the box, revealing a beautiful emerald stone sitting on a thick golden band. There was also another ring that was just a golden band with small flecks of green on it that matched the emerald. 

"Will you marry me?" Killian's face was so serious, I couldn't help but laugh. He joined in, getting up from the floor and took the ring out of the box.

"Of course I'll marry you, you handsome man." I held my hand out, and he slipped the band and wedding ring on my ring finger. It had a nice weight to it and looked beautiful against my skin color. 

"Wow, I actually love this. I might have to keep it." I breathed out and joked, still holding my hand out, admiring it. I looked up to see him smiling softly at me. "Alright, now time for a kiss since we're still in our roles." I beckoned at him, and he smirked as he wrapped his arms around my waist, pulling me to his chest. I wrapped my arms around his neck, fingers caressing his bare face. I missed the beard.

He leaned in, and I met him halfway, softly pressing my lips against his. My body heated up from that simple action. It had been so long since my lips touched his, and I didn't want to stop. Killian pulled away after a few seconds, but I stayed on the tips of my toes, wanting more. Killian must've seen the look in my eyes because he leaned back down, and I pulled his head toward me, mashing my lips to his. He gripped my waist hard from the action, making me whimper from the delicious pain. He dominated me, a hand coming to the back of my head, and tilted my head back, lips roughly kissing mine.

I parted my mouth, allowing him more access, and he deepened the kiss, our tongues battling it out. I didn't want to stop, especially when his hand traveled down my back to grip my ass through the towel. A soft moan left my lips before I could stop it and my hands traveled down his hard, bare chest, feeling every beautiful muscle. I needed air, so I pulled back, breathing deeply. Killian automatically went for my neck, peppering sloppy kisses all over it. It felt so good, and I knew at the point, I was soaked and wanted a release. I wanted him.

I grabbed his arm that wasn't on my neck and brought it to the front of my thigh, locking eyes with him, so he knew what I wanted. His eyes widened for a second before darkening with lust, and he leaned in, pressing a soft and long kiss on my neck as his fingers trailed up my thigh slowly, making me writhe in anticipation, impatient. 

"Killian," I breathed out his name, moving his hand up higher. He chuckled deeply, and I sucked in a breath when his fingers made it to my heated mound, thumb pressing against my clit.

"Fuck, you're so wet," he whispered against my neck before plunging two fingers inside me. I gasped at the intrusion, clenching around his fingers before I could stop myself. 

Pokračovať v čítaní

You'll Also Like

42.1K 7K 44
[Featured on @Mystery's Bright Young Minds Reading List] [Bootcamp Mentorship Winner '22] This Valentine's Day, Cupid gets a little deadly. *** When...
8.5K 141 35
~~~~~~~~~~ Amelia Bartley, the perfect student, math prodigy and everyone's wanna-bee. Her life was simple yet challenging. Making sure that every d...
2.4M 115K 48
⚠️ WARNING ⚠️ THIS IS A REVERSE HAREM BOOK! IF YOU'RE NOT INTO AN MC WITH MULTIPLE PARTNERS, DO NOT READ! BOOK TWO OUT NOW!!! Highest Rankings: #1 i...
150K 4.9K 87
Gwen, desperate to feel something, kills someone. But she quickly learns that one kill is never enough. Can Gwen stop before she turns on her own fam...