Wings |H.S.| |A.U.|

By _HStoyles43_

"Listen to me." I grab his face in my hands the way he always does to me. It always comforts me, so I try it... More

Background/ Trailer
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27

1

45 5 0
By _HStoyles43_

**Watch for asterisks to know when to start playing songs!**

First chapter is no perspective. The rest will all have perspectives.

Left Hand Free ~ Alt J

•••••
No Perspective

"It's another beautiful day in the lovely city of Chicago Illinois. Good morning citizens, I'm Travis Grace, and this is your daily weather and morning news report. Here we-."

Rayne rolls her eyes and shuts the TV off. "That guy has the most annoying voice ever. I don't know why it irks me so much."

"Because you're easy to irk." Keegan, Raynes best friend, says with a mouthful of cereal.

"No I'm not. It's just that Travis guy that annoys me so much."

"You don't even know him, you just hear his voice every morning and now he's pushed you over the edge." Keegan winks at her best friend.

"Exactly, it's because I have to hear him everyday. But my parents insist on having to listen to the news every single day. And look, do you see them around anywhere?" Rayne gestures around her with her hands indicating her parents weren't in the room.

Keegan laughs with another mouthful. "Stop, I almost choked on my cereal."

Rayne points a finger a her. "That's what you get for irking me." This earns a scoff from her friend.

"Go finish getting ready, we'll be late. It's a good thing you don't take hours to get ready like all the mainstream girls at our school." Keegan nudges Rayne towards the direction of her room.

"I know right? We're the only two girls I've met that don't care to dress up for stinking high school. Especially senior year."

"Cause we don't got time for that, and it's more fun to bum it out everyday." Keegan replies with a shrug of her shoulders.

Rayne throws her head back in laughter. "My point. I'll be ready in ten."

Keegan nods and winks at her. "I'll meet you in the car."

•••••
(*)

Rayne and Keegan drive to school in Keegan's brand new Audi she just earned the money for. The weather has been nice for weeks now, so they decided to go with the top off, giving them a summer vibe before the upcoming break from school is even here.

"Oooo I love this song. It's making me want this last week to go by even faster. I'm so ready for summer break." Rayne throws her hands up to feel the warm breeze through her upper body.

"Me too! I can't believe we're about to graduate." Keegan turns the radio up and starts to speed up.

"Whoaaaa, Keegs! Don't speed! We'll get pulled over." Rayne pulls her hands back down to hold on to the center console and the door for support.

"Relax ya' innocent little thing, I'll be the one to get in trouble not you." Keegan rolls her eyes. "But I'll slow down so you don't freak out." She shakes her head in disappointment but slows down never the less.

When the girls pull up to Kelly High, Keegan whips into her usual parking spot. They both get out and head inside. On the way in Rayne feels two hands grab her waist from behind.

She lets out a startled yelp, turning around to see her smirking boyfriend. "You scared me Micah."

"Sorry babe, just got excited to see you. When are we gonna hang out again? I miss you." He leans down and plants a kiss on her cheek.

"You just saw me yesterday." She rolls her eyes at him.

"So, that was a whole 24 hours ago." He slumps his shoulders and acts like he's offended.

"No, it was less than 24 actually. And we can hang out later, my parents invited you and Keegs over for dinner."

Micah cups his hands over his mouth and shouts. "Smart ass ALERTTTTT!"

Raynes eyes widen drastically and she doesn't hesitate to clamp her hands over his mouth. "Stop it! You can't yell like that you crazy person!"

"I can do whatever I want sweetheart. Also yes, I'd love to have dinner with your family. Never a dull moment with them. Keegan on the other hand? Boring as hell, uh uh." He looks over at her and she flips him off.

Rayne rolls her eyes for the hundredth time today. "You two stop it. Don't be a jerk Micah, she's the most fun person to be around ever."

This earns a scoff from Micah. "Yea right, Hell will have to freeze over before she's ever not boring."

"Fuck you Micah. That's why you're not shit. And that's why I get to see more of Rayne than you do." She flips him off with both fingers this time.

Rayne can't help but laugh at the fact that she was right. They do see each other more than her and her boyfriend. But that's because Keegan practically lives at her house.

Micah throws his arm over Raynes shoulder and the three make their way to their only shared class together. "First of all, I'm all the shit. You're the one who ain't shit. And you may see more of her, but you don't get to have your tongue down her throat like I do." He smirks.

Rayne glares at him. "Don't say that, it's inappropriate and disrespectful. I'm standing right here." You can tell the comment made her uncomfortable just by her posture and facial expression. She never feels comfortable hearing vulgar things from people.

"I know, I'm sorry babe. Keegan knows I'm just messing though. Same with her. We're best buds isn't that right Keegy Weegy." He wiggles his eyebrows at her.

"Fuck off. I hate that nickname. Next time you call me that I'll cut your dick off and feed it to my Rottweiler." She points an authoritative finger at him.

His eyes widen and his smirk fades. "Chill bro, you know I'm kidding. Don't feed my dick to your demon dog." He puts his hands up in defense.

"That's what I thought." Keegan goes ahead of the two.

Rayne grabs Micahs arm to stop him. "You two cuss so much, you're worse than sailors I swear." She chuckles and shakes her head.

"Eh, who doesn't. Well, besides you obviously." He shrugs.

"Can you be nice though? You're so mean to each other, try to get along just a little better. Please?" She begs with her big, doe, hazel eyes that never fail to get her what she wants from him.

"Ugh fine I'll try. Only if she does, and only for you." Rayne smiles at him and he leans down to plant a kiss on her lips.

The gesture makes her feel a little better, but she's still an uptight person. She doesn't really agree with PDA. She's just always been a shy, reserved type of girl. She follows the rules and feels horrible if she accidentally breaks them. That's just who Rayne is, and she won't change for anything.

•••••
Later that evening~~

"Micah! So good to see you again honey. I'm glad you came over." Raynes mother, Belinda, wraps Micah in a big hug before he's even completely through the door.

The fact that Belinda loves him so much only boosts his already huge ego even more. He smirks at Rayne over her mother's shoulder. "It's good to see you again too Mrs. Hunter."

"It's Belinda, you know this. Now come on in, dinner is ready to be served." Her grin is an infectious one.

"When is dad gonna be home again?" Rayne asks her mother.

"In no less than five minutes is what he told me." The sound of the door opening confirms it. "That's probably him." She nods towards the door and they all continue setting the table.

Raynes father Hugh walks in on cue. "Good evening everyone. My beautiful wife and daughter, and Micah. How are you?" He says while placing a swift kiss to Belinda's cheek.

"I'm really great sir. Good to see you again." Micah extends his hand out to Hugh for the formal shake. He takes it and they both launch into details about the Cubs game from yesterday.

The front door opens again, and shortly after Keegan walks in. "Sorry I'm late, but it's okay because the party still made it. Hello second fam." She pauses and makes eye contact with Micah, rolling her eyes immediately after. "And....what's your name again? Mitchell? Mickey? Whatever."

Micah flicks his hand like he's dismissing her. Rayne laughs at her, but nudges her side none the less. "Be nice." She says for what seems to be the millionth time since Keegan and Micah have known each other.

Keegan has never really liked Micah. She's always thought he was an arrogant and egotistical jerk. When they first met he immediately started picking little fights with her, and she wasn't gonna have it. They butt heads all day every day, and it leaves Rayne to be the one mediating. They put up with each other for her sake, but still fight like cats and dogs. Keegan knows he's different with Rayne though, so it's not that she hates them being together. She just hates him I'm general. But she does think they're good for each other.

"Hello Keegan. Good to see you again. I made you're favorite tonight." Belinda gestures for her to follow her into the kitchen.

Rayne runs to bathroom after doing her part in setting up. When she comes back down everything is ready to go. The family and two guests take their seats.

They say a quick prayer, and then dig in. Before anyone has even swallowed their first bite of the shrimp Alfredo, Keegan hums in delight. "Mmmmmm, delicious as always Belinda. Thank you so much."

"Of course honey, I like making it just as much as you like eating it." She smiles at the girl savoring her food like it's gold.

"It is really good mom, thank you." Rayne says.

"Agreed," Mr. Hunter adds.

"I also agree, best cook ever you are." Micah sends Belinda a smile, and she returns in.

"Thank you guys." She digs in herself, and when she finishes chewing her bite, turns to Rayne. "So, how was the last Monday of your senior year sweetie?"

"Average. Nothing exciting ever happens at school anymore. I'm just ready to graduate and move on with my life." She shrugs and takes another bite of her dinner.

"And I'm ready for you to start learning everything you need to know to take over someday. Can't wait to give you a taste of the good life. Also, I've got that internship all set up for you." Her dad wiggles his eyebrows at her.

Of course. Rayne thinks to herself. "Sounds great dad." She always gets annoyed when he brings up her taking over the family business.

He knows deep down that it's the last thing she wants. He knows how much she wants to be an interior designer. But he ignores that completely, and insists she become a stock marketer just like him.

She couldn't think of anything worse to do with her life. She knows he loves his job, and he has supported the family with it forever. She will always be grateful for everything he's done for them, but she still wishes he would allow her to follow her own dreams. But that won't ever be the case.

•••••

After dinner, and everyone helps clean up, the two men leave the room and head into the living room to watch some sports. Belinda ran to the store to grab some ingredient for the pie she's making, and the two best friends are sat in the barstools at the counter.

"So, I've been thinking...." Keegan starts.

"Whoa whoa whoa, crazy things happen when you start thinking. Do I even wanna know?" Raynes expression is that of a worried one.

Keegan rolls her eyes. "Screw you, it's not even that crazy."

Rayne just sits there and blinks at her with a blank face. "Really? It doesn't matter what it is you come up with, it's never just 'a little crazy'. In fact it's usually something that can.....you know, get you arrested." She says the last part in a whisper.

"But we both know I'd never put you in a situation like that. Never ever. I do those things on my own. Seriously though, I think you might really like what I'm planning." Keegan pulls out her phone and starts scrolling.

When she's done she turns her phone to Rayne, showing her a picture of something.

Raynes eyebrows furrow at what she's seeing, signaling her being slightly confused. "What is this?"

"It's a mini club that's off Chandler Avenue. And before you ask, it's a different kind of club. It's one that allows people 18 and up to come in and drink legally and stuff. It's not well known, and it took a lot of searching for me to find it."

"So.....what does this have to do with me?" Rayne asks, still confused and feeling completely lost.

"You're birthday is next week. And you were telling me how you've been wanting to do something a little crazier than you're used to. You said you wanted one night to just go wild and then go back to your boring and dull life the next day. I know you remember telling me." Keegan raises both eyebrows and looks at her like a scolding mother.

Rayne giggles at the memory. "Yes I remember. We were spilling deep and dark secrets about ourselves. It was a good night. But so what? My life isn't that boring. And it's not like I can actually do something wild."

"But you can! And I can help you. I want you to feel fulfilled Rayne, I'm tired of you waking up everyday and forcing yourself to smile and try to have fun. I want to give you a little taste of the wild side. But you gotta let me do my thing to make it work. Ok?" Keegan looks at her in all seriousness.

Rayne purses her lips in deep thought. She knows she's always wanted to spice things up just for a night. But she also didn't know she'd actually be offered the chance to. And who knows what could happen if she goes to this club. Clubs are nuts, and she definitely isn't going to drink.

"Rayne, please stop overthinking it. Let me make this the best birthday ever. I know your parents always have a full day planned for your actual day, but I planned to have it the night before."

"I don't know Keegs....it seems too far fetched to make happen. How would I even tell my parents? And you know I suck at lying so don't even go there." Rayne shakes her head, already thinking of the hundreds of possibilities as to why this could go all wrong.

"Don't worry about that. I've got it all covered. I'm gonna ask them if you can spend the night because my grandma wants to bake you a cake and shit. It's not totally a lie, because she really does, but after she goes to sleep we'll head out."

Dang, she's really thought this all through. Rayne thinks to herself.

Keegan suddenly grabs both of Raynes hands and holds them in her own. "Rayne, I know this sounds all crazy and shit. But I promise I wouldn't drag you into something that will seriously get you in trouble or hurt. I just want you to have fun for one night. Trust me." Keegan stares at her with a pleading look.

Before she can even think it over anymore, she agrees. "Fine. I'm trusting you because you've always done what you think is best for me. Don't break any promises though. And you have to ask my parents about it, I'm too scared."

This earns a cackle from her best friend. "That was my plan anyway. Thank you so much, I promise I'll make it a night you'll never forget. Or regret." Keegan winks at her.

Rayne shakes her head in amusement. Oh I sure hope so. Her mind tells her.

••••••

!All chapters after this will have a certain perspective!

Thanks for reading! If it wasn't complete garbage, give it a vote or comment if something made you laugh, smile, frown, etc; also it's gonna get so much better so hang in there!

Let me know what you think about anything you've learned. Thx<3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57.7K 1.7K 32
"You can't imagine the things I'd do if I put my hands on you" He murmured huskily and I felt his hot breath feathering by my ear making my knees tr...
109 0 16
~*~*~ "I am the spy in the shadows; the thief in the night; a seductress in the dark; the fist that you never saw coming; and, when absolutely nece...
50.9K 1.9K 39
"Loving a demon could cost you your life, Are you ready?" "Love asks for sacrifice, and I am ready if its for you and you only!" How would it feel to...
223 46 31
// METAMORPHOSIS- A profound change in form from one stage to the next. How life events structure and impact you.// " You're too pure for this world...