The Ultimate Betrayal

By Keyavlogss

What happens when a shunned slave and daughter of a plantation owner named Rain falls in love with a Rich and... More

Locked: Chapter 1
Stay: Chapter 3
Selena: Chapter 4
Results: Chapter 5
Rescue: Chapter 6
The Grave Mistake: Chapter 7
Breaking Foundations: Chapter 8
Lovers and Backstabbers: Chapter 9
Plans and Effects: Chapter 10
Changing Live: Chapter 11
The Brain of New York: Chapter 12
Upscale Love: Chapter 13
Confessions: Chapter 14
Confronting Fears: Chapter 15
Lies and Deceit: Chapter 16
Warm Feet: Chapter 17
Save the Day: Chapter 18
Homecoming: Chapter 19
Derailed: Chapter 20
A Timeless Man: Chapter 21
The New Normal: Chapter 22
Stolen: Chapter 23
Lost: Chapter 24
Grace: Chapter 25
Safety Net: Chapter 26

Spend: Chapter 2

1 0 0
By Keyavlogss

My father appeared in the kitchen after Sam made his appearance known. He wore his long and wavy blond hair out and free. He had attired himself in a white shirt fleece, black vest, and white-colored breeches. I glanced at Sam for a moment and gave him a polite smile. I glanced at my father who gave me a disapproving look. I looked back down to the floor and went back to work. I wouldn't dare conversate with a house guest with my father hovering over my every move.

''The colored and their singing. Beautiful as ever but can cause a great disturbance. Sorry about that, Sam,'' said Master Brandy as he patted Sam on the back. ''We can discuss business matters in my office-''

Sam held one finger up signaling for Master Brandy's silence. I met Sam's eyes and froze. I felt hypnotized by his beauty, kindness, and grace. My father disapprovingly glared at me, and I placed my head down towards the floor again. Sam walked towards me and kneeled until I could feel his breath upon my nose.

He lifted my head by my chin and said ''Your eyes are too beautiful to look down." I blushed and nervously smiled, and he smiled back at me and said, ''Sing to me again, blue eyes.'' I tried to glance at my father for approval, but he grabbed my chin with stern hands and said in a gentle voice ''Don't look at nobody but me."

I looked deeply into his eyes, and felt the magnetic pull of the chemistry between us. He grabbed both of my hands and said, ''I'll wait all day to hear you sing again." I took a deep breath and begin to sing the lyrics of amazing grace never breaking eye contact with him. When I was almost finished, singing Sam interrupted me and finished the song. His voice was specular, and he sung on a perfect note.

''You have an amazing voice, as well,'' I complimented him.

Sam smiled at me and said, ''I would like to spend the day with you. I would like to take you out to the lake and into town."

''Sam she's nothing but a handful. My beautiful daughter Belle would love to accompany you today,'' said Master Brandy.

''I met Belle last night. She is quite exquisite, but she is quite the harlot as well," said Sam. I almost choked on my own spit at the harsh words he spewed from his mouth. No one has ever spoken or stood up to my father like Sam had.

''Listen, you can't-'' said Master Brandy.

''Is this how you treat all your potential buyers? Put the lady in a nice dress and have her ready for me in a half hour," Sam demanded.

Master Brandy sighed in frustration and said ''Teal take Brandy to the powder room and tell Jessica to make Rain look her best for Mr. West, here."

Sam playfully tapped my nose and whispered into my ears, ''I'll come back for you." His voice sent shivers down my spine and irritated the butterflies in my stomach. ''Well, about that business talk Mr. Brandy'' he said in a confident voice.

''Mr. Brandy sighed and said ''Right this way Mr. West'' as he gestured him in the direction of his office.

Teal squeezed my shoulders and squealed.

''Relax, I'm sure it's nothing. Why would he want a black girl, like me?'' I pondered aloud.

''You're a black girl with blue eyes and damn nearly blond hair. Now stop acting foolish and let's get you glammed up,'' said Teal.

''But-'' I said.

Teal interrupted my words and said ''I'm trying to get you married, so we both can get out of this place!'' I smiled as Teal pulled my hand and led me upstairs towards the powder room where the seamstress was at work. The powder room was painted pink and had a large mirror and many clothing attire on large racks. Jessica rolled her large eyes at the sight of us. "What do you want?" she demanded in an annoyed voice.

''Rain has a date and Master Brady has ordered me to make her look...hot!" said Teal as she busted into laughter.

I gave her a playful shove and said, "I would like a dress for a special outing today."

Jessica rolled her eyes once more before getting up and rustling through several dresses that hung on a rack and returned with two dresses in her hand.

''Short or long," said Jessica the seamstress as she held up two dresses both in the color of peach. One dress was thick and long with heavy skirts. The other dress was noticeable thinner and tad bit shorter.

''Short!'' said Teal.

''Nobody asked you!'' said Jessica as her wrinkles deepened in her dark brown skin and her greyish-black hair that was in a bun started to turn static. She wore a black and white uniform with black shoes. She was one of my Dads favorites and she was well taken care of as far I could see.

''Jessica, I am professional. Trust me,'' said Teal with a mischievous look on her face.

Jessica rolled her eyes and glanced in my direction as I watched the two bicker back and forth like two children in amusement. ''I'd say long and modest,'' said Jessica.

I looked back at teal who gave me a disapproving look and said ''I think I'll go with short," I said unconfidently.

Jessica placed the dress in my hand and hung the other dress back up neatly on the rack. She lifted both hands in the air and said, ''I give up." She walked out the room annoyed and defeated by the both of us. Teal and I both busted out into laughter after she left the room.

''That dress is going to get you married. I'll be outside if you need me,'' said Teal as she walked out the room slamming the door behind her.

I quickly slipped into the peach dress that stopped at my ankles. The skirts were thin but appropriate and the bodice was so tight, I could barely breath. The Low neckline made me feel a little uncomfortable, but it was a hot May day and many young women dressed in similar attire during the summer. I slipped on some shoes and walked over to the mirror and sighed at my appearance disapprovingly. I took out my hair tie and let my hair fall free and wild. Feeling a little more confident, I walked downstairs to the kitchen to meet Sam who was already waiting by the door.

He walked over towards my direction and kissed my hand and led me to the carriages. There were two men dressed in uniform that led carriage of five huge black horses. Sam opened the door and gestured for me to take a seat. He slid in after me and I shyly sat in the corner and the carriage rolled away. ''You could slide a little closer. I won't bite,'' said Sam. I nervously slid an inch closer to Sam and he smelled exquisite. Sam scooped me into his arms as if I already belonged to him and consoled me tightly. I was caught so off guard by the sudden gesture, I nearly forgot to breath. His hand caressed my arm and I had started to get goosebumps from his sensational touch and I daunted in the uncomfortable comfort of his arms.

''That's better. Told you I wouldn't bite," said Sam.

''Are you around from here?" I asked him.

''I'm from England. I came here to study medicen and decided to stay,'' he replied. Although, he was from England he did not have the accent to complement his culture.

''Where are we going?'' I asked

''It's a surprise but just know I am going to dazzle you, then I'm going to get you wet,'' he said.

I blushed at the thought of what he could possibly mean by the word wet. ''Wet in the water? Because I'm not that type of lady and if that's your motive...You can turn this carriage back around to the plantation," I said to him disappointingly as I broke out of his arms.

Sam giggled and replied, ''I do want your body, but I attend to have your soul. I plan to spend time with you today, if that's okay?'' I blushed scarlet, nodded my head, and he pulled me closer in his arms once more.

_____________________________

''Stop here, please," Sam ordered, and the carriage came to a swift stop. He took my hand and led me inside the fancy jewelry shop. There were expensive jewelry of different golds and silvers displayed on the shelves. I felt bewildered and misplaced in such a beautiful place.

''Pick anything you want," said Sam.

''I can't. It be too much, but I am astounded by your generosity,'' I said in bewilderment.

Sam stopped, froze and stared at me with a devious look on his eyes. His eyes traveled up and down my body with a smirk on his face. I loved the way he admired my beauty and my characteristics underneath it. ''What is it?'' I asked.

''Stand in front of that mirror, blue eyes,'' he ordered.

''I faced the nearby long mirror and walked towards it. I looked at myself and tucked a piece of brownish blond hair behind my ears. I could see Sam still staring at me in the reflection of the mirror and my cheeks reddened.

Sam started to walk towards my direction and came closely behind me and I could feel his warm breath on my ear. I shyly made eye contact with him in the reflection of the mirror and Sam boldly returned my gaze. He blew in my ear and inhaled the scent of my neck. My stomach turned, my heart sped up and I could see my heart beating through my chest. I could tell the man that stood behind me had a big appetite and it wasn't for food. He placed his hand on my chest and felt my rapid heartbeat. I felt his warm hands against my bare skin, and it gave me goosebumps

'' You're beautiful and I can tell you like me as much as I like you,'' he whispered into my ear.

''I do but-'' I replied to him.

Sam interrupted me by pressing his finger to my lips with his free hand. He pulled out gold chain necklace with huge pink diamond on it as a pendent. The diamond was about the size of a butterfly and my eyes widened with shock. He gently placed the necklace around my neck and locked it. I smiled and Sam's hands hugged around my waist from behind. His body heat warmed me, and he smelled of sweet honey.

''It's beautiful. I don't think I could ever take it off,'' I said.

''That was my hope,'' said Sam feeling pleased with himself. The clerk cleared his throat to gain our attention. ''Here you go, sir,'' said Sam as he pulled a wad of money from his pocket and handed it to the clerk. He grabbed my hands and led me towards the exit. ''On to the lake?'' he asked.

''Yes,'' I replied.

I fell asleep in Sam's arms on the way to the lake. The ride was bumpy, and it took almost one hour for the carriage to reach the lake.

''Wake up sleepy head, we're here,'' said Sam.

I was surrounded by trees, shade and hit with the breeze of the wind when I had awoken. The cool wind felt good against my sun burnt skin. I stepped out the carriage and onto the sandy and grassy surface. Once I saw a shallow nearby blue lake, I immediately took off my shoes. I walked closer to the lake and allowed the cold water to touch my toes. Sam came shortly after, hugging me from behind and placing his nose in hair and kissing my neck. I had only known him for two days and I felt safe in his arms and presence.

''I am going to get you in that water,'' said Sam.

''I am not getting in that water, I'll be a complete mess,'' I giggled at the thought.

''I will just have to throw you in,'' Sam said in a challenging voice.

''No... No you wouldn't,'' I replied.

Before I could resist any longer, Sam swooped me up in his arms and started walking deeper in the water until he was waist deep.

''You're going to get my clothes all wet!'' I yelled in excitement.

''You can always attain more,'' said Sam with a huge grin on his face as he threw me into the lake. My entire body plummeted into the water and I squealed in laughter as the water submerged over my head.

I struggled as I swam to the surface gasping for air due to the heavy skirts of my dress. I bravely leaped into the arms of Sam knocking him into the cold water. He grasped me in his arms and hugged me tight to his body preventing me from knocking him into the water again. I squirmed and giggled as I tried to escape his grasp.

We gazed into each other's eyes for a moment and Sam leaned in to kiss me on the lips. I froze and the memory of whips lashing over my body resurfaced in my mind. I couldn't risk the chance of being punished for something I could control. This had to stop. It was wrong, I thought to myself. He couldn't kiss me. I had to think fast, and I quickly pushed Sam away and splashed him with water that hit his face.

''Too slow. You're going to have to be faster than that,'' I said. We playfully splashed each other in the water until Sam managed to grab my body again and hugged it against his own. His nose touched mine, his eyelashes brushed up against my face, and I knew I would give in to temptation.

''Kiss me,'' Sam whispered.

''This isn't right. My father wouldn't approve,'' I replied.

''I won't let anyone hurt you. Even if I'm a million miles away, I will always protect you,'' Sam replied as he held my body tightly in his strong arms.

''I want to kiss you," I replied as I gazed into his green eyes. Sam leaned forward and pushed his lips against mine. I could taste honey in his mouth and his lips were wet and soft. I felt his tongue push through my teeth and into the inside of my mouth and I mirrored his actions. We kissed passionately in the water for what seemed like eternity until we were interrupted by one of Sam's horsemen.

''Lord West! Your presence is needed back at the headquarters. Lynn Edison has gone into labor and needs your medical attention. Now!'' said the Horseman.

''Lord?'' I questioned him sounding surprised.

''Send word! I am on my way!'' Sam yelled back to the horsemen.

''Lord?'' I unintentionally repeated myself.

''Don't sound so surprised. We'll talk later, blue eyes. Right now, I need you to get you home safe,'' he replied to my curiosity as he scooped me up out of the water and carried me to the sandy and grassy ground.

''I will need someone to take Mrs. Rain home while I attend to private matters,'' said Sam to one of his Horsemen.

'' You are leaving?'' I asked Sam.

''Yes, but I will be around to collect you early tomorrow morning," replied Sam who was soaked from head to toe and obviously so was I. He pulled a wooly towel from the carriage and a dry dress and walked towards me. I had no idea where or why he had a dress but I was happy to have dry clothes to put back on my body.

''Turn around, '' he ordered as he shielded me with the towel, and I quickly slipped on the cream-colored dress. He struggled to turn away but managed to respect my decency. It was a little small, but it would have to be fine until I returned home.

''I would love to see more of you,'' said Sam once I finished getting dressed.

''That's between a married man and women. Don't you think?'' I said in a sassy voice.

''I was talking about tomorrow. Mind in the gutter?'' said Sam as he raised one eye brawl and smirked at me.

''It is now,'' I replied. Sam grunted and leaned over to kiss me gently on the lips that was quickly interrupted by multiple sounds of gunshots that burst through the air. I glanced at Sam who grew a worrisome look on face.

''You have to get in the carriage now, and hide,'' he whispered to me quietly.

''What's happening?'' I asked in fear of my life.

''Runaway hunters with whom I do not have good history with,'' said Sam. Sam grabbed my shaking hands and led me towards the carriage. He lifted the seat of the carriage and there was an empty space underneath. He gestured for me to slip inside the confined space and kissed my trembling hands before closing the carriage seat over my head. It was dark, I was alone, and I could barely breath in the dark emptiness of the secret compartment.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

70.7K 7.5K 46
This story is told from two perspectives. From someone who longed for all life had to offer, KalĂ­anna, who had the ideal life that many would kill fo...
1.2K 641 16
Leaving everyone she's ever known behind her, Hasnaa has to face the struggles and pain that come in been in a foreign country all alone. ...
85 1 31
[COMPLETED] Cold. Apathetic. Bizzare. And disturbing. Those are the words servants of the castle in the vampire kingdom of Lamia, use to describe th...
1.8K 82 17
Crista Vanderbelt known as "Rain" has fallen from the sky. a young man named Harlem rescues Rain, bringing her to a hospital. She escapes from the ho...