RED | h.p

By lostscarlettsoul

"Nice to meet you, my name is Lily Evans." In which Harry Potter meets Emerald Lilith Evans who seems to be a... More

dedication
zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
part two
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty - seven
twenty - eight
twenty - nine
part three
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty -five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-one
forty-three
forty-four
part four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
an update that is not an update
fifty-nine
sixty
part five
QnA Intermission
sixty-one
HI

forty-two

1.2K 41 33
By lostscarlettsoul

A/N : Something yall probably don't know about me is that I make art! While messing with some poses and sketches last night when I couldn't sleep- I made this cute drawing of HarLy and omg they have my whole heart, I love em so much!

I might speed up a few things cause the rest are kinda the same events as in the books/movies but Lily is there? You get it-  but yeah, the war is coming and we all know whose death is coming up in this year :))))))

-

I'M SAT RIGHT NOW ACROSS PROFESSOR MCGONAGALL as we're supposed to talk about my career and plans for the future, I normally wouldn't have any problem with this but a certain distracting leech was sitting in the corner appearing to be ready to jot down notes.

"Lovely of you to attend, Evans." Professor McGonagall greeted me and I smiled at her, pointedly ignoring the bright hue of pink in the corner of my eyes.

"Greetings, Professor." I settled in my seat some more then turned back to her.

"As you probably already know, we're here to talk about your career," Professor began. "Any plans for the future, Evans?"

"I did consider being a healer," I told her and gave a strained smile when I heard the rather loud noise of someone writing from the corner of the room. "That or a teacher but then again, I don't think Hogwarts has been too kind during my stay."

She nodded in understanding. "Could you elaborate on what you meant in that last part?" I heard Umbridge ask me, I turned to her and gave her a wide grin, before answering quickly.

"No." Then I turned back to the Professor who appeared stunned at my answer, she cleared her throat to hide the smile attempting to grace her lips and regarded with a small controlled smile instead.

"I believe you will have to study more on Charms and Herbology if you wish to pursue a career in medicine, Miss Evans." She told me, and I nodded along her words. I really do wanna be a healer, being able to help people and save lives is an ideal job.

My train of thoughts about the future was interrupted by Umbridge's loud fake coughs. Both me and the Professor pointedly ignored her.

"I'll keep that in mind, Professor." I told her but we heard yet another obnoxious fake coughing.

"May I offer you a cough drop, Dolores?" Professor asked and I bit my lower lip to suppress my giggles.

"I was just wondering how someone who's served detention of 2 weeks right at the beginning of the year could possibly take the responsibility of saving lives," Umbridge then turned to me with a sarcastic mocking grin and something about her eyes made me shift in my seat.

Why is she so passive-aggressive for no reason?

"Miss Evans here is more than capable of taking the responsibilities of becoming a Healer," Professor cleared her throat. "She might have a knack for getting in trouble with an unpleasant bunch of people, but her grades would prove that she might be more than capable."

I felt something warm take form in my chest and it spread throughout, I admire Professor McGonagall a lot and hearing her praise me like that felt really good. I hope to grow up as fine as her if I do survive this war.

"Got nothing else stuck in your throat, Dolores?" Professor raised a brow but gave Umbridge no time to answer when she turned to me. "This concludes our meeting, Miss Evans. If you're curious to know, Mr.Potter said he's seeking a career in the Auror department. You're free to leave now."

"Thank you so much Professor." I smiled at her and she returned it.

"You're more than welcome, Miss Evans. Now hurry along, I got a long line after you." 

***

I was sitting on Harry's bed, leisurely reading a book when he stormed in looking absolutely shaken and I was quick to close said book and set it aside. He must've failed to notice me when he paces around a bit looking absolutely conflicted. He immediately began taking a few clothes off, throwing his tie and leaving himself in his pants and the white button-up shirt.

"Harry?" I called out to him hesitantly, his head snapped to look towards my direction and his furrowed brows began relaxing. As if the sight of me was enough to distract him from the rapid train of thoughts plaguing his mind. 

"You're here," He whispered and then looked around to find his dorm empty. I happen to be talking to Neville in here earlier but he had to go meet Luna who he offered to tutor in Herbology. 

"I'm guessing practice with Snape didn't go well today?" I asked him wearily, afraid to upset him any further. He nodded and his shoulder dropped, he looked like an absolute mess. I opened my arms, sitting up on the bed and he didn't hesitate to dive in and wrap his arms around me. 

I was still in my uniform but just the button top and my tie discarded in my own dorm. I had folded the sleeves of my top to my elbows so I had easier access to move, I rested a hand on his neck and began caressing it.

An attempt to give him some sort of comfort and calm him down. "I feel like I would've gone crazy months ago if you weren't here." He chuckled against my chest and I shook my head to disagree.

"You're incredibly strong, Harry," I said in a stern voice. "You'd do well surviving with or without me."

"Probably," He lets out a sigh. "But I'm still glad I have you here." He whispered and pulled me closer, I ended up sitting on his lap as he just sat there holding me close and breathing in my scent.

(The way they looked is like the drawing I made above :D)

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I asked him in a whisper, being careful not to push him off the edge just in case he's barely hanging on.

"I guess now I know why Snape takes it easy on you," He lets out a sarcastic chuckle and I continued to frown in confusion. "He was friends with my Mum back when they were students."

I held in the gasp that threatened to come out of me. Professor Snape? Very strict Slytherin head who hated Gryffindors to the very core of his being used to be friends with Harry's mom who was a Gryffindor and a muggleborn?

"I still don't get it, what do you mean take it easy on me?" mom

"I accidentally stumbled upon a Pensieve with Snape's memories in it," Harry began. "I saw Snape and my mum as kids, they became friends and grew up together in Hogwarts then I. . .I saw my dad and his friends- mostly him and Sirius. . .bullying Snape. My mom tried to help him but he- he called her a- doesn't matter. Snape is terrible but he didn't deserve to be tormented like that."

"That explains a lot," I muttered, running my fingers through his hair. "But he shouldn't have taken his anger out on you. I admit being reminded of his old friend made him go easier on me and it was a load off my back but you didn't deserve such harsh treatments."

I let a few minutes of silence pass us by before I pulled away and got off his lap, I patted the bed. "You know what? You should rest, you're tired and you look gutted." He just nodded and didn't bother to argue, settling on his bed with ease and patting the space beside him to gesture me to lie down.

"It seems like all we do is sleep or take naps when we're together." He chuckled through a yawn.

"And what about it? It's peaceful."

***

Finally the day of the test arrives and so I'm sat in the Great Hall, sitting several feet away from Harry and Hermione as I focus on writing my answers. Feeling glad I studied weeks before the test as I am going through these questions with ease.

Then I notice some odd movements from Harry in my peripheral vision, I turn to him in worry and then he fell of his chair yelling loudly, appearing to my in pain as he holds onto his forehead. 

What the bloody hell is going on?

He was escorted out by our Professor and I hurriedly finished the last page of my exam, still making sure I got the correct answers written down before I rushed out with Hermione and Ron as we all shared worried looks.

"Are you alright?" Ron asked him.

"Voldemort! He's got Sirius in the Department of Mysteries!" Harry exclaimed in shock and worry. I heard hurried footsteps behind me and saw Rose running towards us, appearing slightly out of breath and panicked.

Is this it? Is this what she meant when he's destined to die? Voldemort has him in his clutches and is a few inches away from death, are we too late?

"How do you know?" Hermione asks exasperatedly.

"I just saw it," Harry replied which gave no closure at all. "How are we going to get there?"

"Go where? The Department of Mysteries?" I asked.

Rose looked like she was on the edge, she was trying so hard to keep quiet but at the same time appears like she's about to burst at the seams. I gripped her hand in mind in an attempt to show her support through the internal battle going on in her head.

"Harry, what if Voldemort is only making you see this?" Hermione asked.

I blocked out their conversation for now to turn to Rose. "Is this it? "I asked her and she only nodded, her hand in mine shaking uncontrollably. "Is there anything I can do to help?" I wanna help save Sirius, even if we have to run all the way to the Department of Mysteries.

"I'm afraid I'll have to do this one alone," She told me and I almost broke down right there. Rose has been carrying the burden of knowing everything that's about to happen and she's seen us all die in various ways and in different times in the futures she saw.

I think now would be the best time to let it known that Rose is a seer but Harry appears to to be set on rescuing Sirius. Then Rose and I turned back to the group as they plan a way to use floo and distract Umbridge and her stupid squad.

"We'll probably only manage five minutes or so," Hermione grumbles.

"That's all we'll need." I tell her, stepping up and gesturing to Rose. "We'll help keep Umbridge away from you."

"Are we all ready to do this?" Ginny who I didn't realize joined us. 

"Got your invisibility cloak ready?" Ron asked Harry who nodded.

"Let's do this."

-

And alas,,,,,we come to this part of the story :))

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.1K 338 64
"I'll spend forever wondering if you knew I was enchanted to meet you" . . . james potter x fem oc started: 08/06/23 finished: ? act I; completed act...
680K 17.4K 21
"Tell me. Do you ever imagine him taking you like this? Out in the open?" Remus couldn't hold back the jealousy in his voice. ☆ When a chance encoun...
247K 5.7K 35
"I can't believe the things I reveal when I'm around you, it's like I can't even think straight. It's mad, this is mad, because you made me believe i...
5K 301 7
ENCHANTED | "I'll spend forever wondering if you knew, I was enchanted to meet you" edmund pevensie x fem!reader pairing hp & narnia crossover