RED | h.p

By lostscarlettsoul

"Nice to meet you, my name is Lily Evans." In which Harry Potter meets Emerald Lilith Evans who seems to be a... More

dedication
zero
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
part two
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty-one
twenty-two
twenty-three
twenty-four
twenty-five
twenty-six
twenty - seven
twenty - eight
twenty - nine
part three
thirty
thirty-one
thirty-two
thirty-three
thirty-four
thirty -five
thirty-six
thirty-seven
thirty-eight
thirty-nine
forty
forty-two
forty-three
forty-four
part four
forty-five
forty-six
forty-seven
forty-eight
forty-nine
fifty
fifty-one
fifty-two
fifty-three
fifty-four
fifty-five
fifty-six
fifty-seven
fifty-eight
an update that is not an update
fifty-nine
sixty
part five
QnA Intermission
sixty-one
HI

forty-one

1.3K 47 31
By lostscarlettsoul

A/N : I'll try making longer chapters 'cause I don't think I want this book to reach over 70 chapters. Thank you so much for the comments, I have fun reading them, yall calling snape a child predator aside lmao

-

WE ARE FINALLY BACK IN SCHOOL, We tried our best to act like Mr.Weasley getting attacked didn't rattle us to keep Umbridge off our backs which was a challenge by the way. She liked keeping a close eye on us.

"So, you're gonna practice occlumency with Snape?" I asked Harry as he sat across me in the library table. He nodded and continued drawing lines on my open palm resting on the table. "Goodluck, I guess."

"That sounds like a nightmare if you ask me," Ron let out an exasperated sigh and flipped through his book which he never bothered reading at all.

"No one asked you Ronald," Hermione rolled her eyes and turned back to Harry. "You'll do great, don't let Snape bully you too much. Goodluck, Harry."

From the corner of my eyes I saw Ginny Weasley approach us. She waved at us and smiled, but I didn't miss the way her gaze lingered a little longer on Harry who did nothing but continued tracing the lines on my palms.

I recognize the look a little too well, and I feel a bit bad for her. "Hey Gin!" I greeted her and patted the chair beside me with my free hand, which was my left. 

"Hey, Lils." She greeted me back, her eyes briefly casting a glance to my hand being held by Harry. "The twins sent me here to tell you they need your help for another prank, I'm not a bloody owl but I had to study for another essay anyways."

I arched my brows and nodded at her, making sure to talk to the twins later about the plans. "You're still helping those two with pranks?" Harry asked, frowning at me.

"They're fun to be with and the pranks are always funny," I winked at him and he rolled his eyes at me, turning back to his book finally and began reading again. "Speaking of, I have to go meet them now."

"Why right away?" Hermione asked, looking down at my finished essay and nodding in satisfaction.

"I need to use the lavatory, it's a one-way trip," I told them and got up, picking up all my things and slinging the strap of my book bag across my chest and letting it hang off my shoulder. "I'll see you guys later."

Having your best friends' little sister have a crush on your boyfriend is a bit of a problem, but Ginny is still kind of young, she'll surely outgrow her schoolgirl crush cause as much as I like her and treats her as a friend- I don't plan on giving away Harry Potter.

Even Voldemort would have to kill me before he snatch him away.

***

Finally in the comfort of our common room where there are not as much prying eyes are watching, I held Harry close. I noticed how touchy we've been with each other but considering everything that happened and everyone who died- it's probably just us unconsciously holding onto each other with our fears in mind.

Not to forget- everyone else still thinks he's lying about Voldemort's return. Which is absolutely stupid, why would he lie about such a thing? And Diggory died! Some of these people in this blasted school makes my blood boil.

"How was the practice with Snape?" I asked him, keeping voice low to not ruin the mood of us just sitting close near the fire while the common room empties out, people are going to their respective dorms and we will inevitably be left alone here.

"Horrible," Harry let out a long sigh.

"I figured that much," I told him. "You look like a mess right now."

"Too ugly for a kiss?" Harry teased and I shook my head to say no, giggling before placing a kiss on his cheek. But he dipped his head to give me one on the lips instead, his hand caressing my face before letting go. "Now I feel much better."

"Tosser," I rolled my eyes at him. "So, the Hogsmeade weekend happens to land on Valentine's Day?"

He looked down at me, confusion dancing in his green eyes. I rolled my eyes and smacked him on the forehead. "I'm asking for a date you git," I let out a dramatic exhale of disappointment. "You better take me on one, Potter."

"Of course I will, Love." He pressed a kiss to my cheek before settling his eyes back on the fire, a million thoughts began going through his head. I would've asked him what's wrong but I was too occupied replaying his voice calling me "Love" over and over.

He's too charming without even trying, bloody hell!

***

I was confused to find a huge commotion outside the castle when I was just going about my day, I was about to deliver some potion ingredients to the twins when I had to walk out and watch Professor Trelawney cry out about being fired.

Wait- she's being what? I widened my eyes and managed through the crowd to find Hermione who wrapped an arm around me for support, I continued looking ahead to find Umbridge's hideous face smile at the poor Professor.

"I can do whatever I wish."

Before it can get out of hand, Dumbledore arrived and fixed the situation, as always. He was fashionably late but just in time to fix any damage created and he dismissed us to go on and continue our day. That man is too shady.

Today's the day I have my date with Harry. Our friendship was shaky last year and we didn't have the best relationship and it was too confusing to recall everything that happened but I'm happy as of the moment. 

Rose finally received a letter from her family, turns out there was some trouble with their mission but they were safe and sound and I was happy for her. Who she spent the Christmas break with was a mystery, however.

She said it'll be a surprise for the future and assured me with a smile but I still worry. Nevermind of that, I have a date to get ready for. I put on some comfy jeans and a knitted pullover decorated with cross-stitched flowers all over the sleeves then topped it off with a scarf since it's still cold outside.

"Any plans for today's weekend at Hogsmeade, Hermione?" I asked the brunette brushing her hair in front of the mirror. 

"Just gonna purchase some books and accompany Ronald. Since you two are occupied." 

I gasped and turned to her. "A date, huh?" She let out a groan and shook her head to say no.

"Not like that, I don't think he even considered that for a second." I walked over to her and gave her a hug.

"He's a dense idiot and he'll soon realize just how lovely you are," I assured her and she smiled at me. "If he doesn't then I'll hex him and find you a cute boyfriend- or girlfriend." 

***

The date with Harry went well, we tried visiting madam puddifoot's tea shop but it was too ghastly to look at. Not to mention that that amount of pink reminds me of Umbridge so we passed on that and instead went to the Three Broomsticks. We then went around buying books and treats.

He made me laugh a lot with how clueless he was about everything, given he didn't get to explore the village properly. I lost myself in the date, it was too fun, just being with him walking around with our hands linked together and the weather was perfect too.

It felt like a dream, but of course as all dreams do- it ended. At the moment I am trying to keep my head in a happy place which was recalling our date because Umbridge found out about D.A and we were close to getting caught but quickly got away.

There is one problem, however. Harry isn't here yet.

***

"Wait- wait, let me get a proper recap of everything that happened," I held my hand out and let out a long sigh. "Dumbledore admitted to forming the D.A and went into hiding because he didn't wanna get any of us in trouble and now he's nowhere to be found then you went out earlier with Hermione and Ron with Hagrid who introduced you to his giant brother hiding in the Forbidden Forest?"

Harry curtly nodded. "And the giant likes Hermione."

I winced at the thought and massaged my temple. "Of course, just another regular week at Hogwarts. Where your Headmaster becomes wanted and a giant develops a crush on your best friend. I should've gone to Beaubaxton."

"If you went there, you wouldn't have met me," Harry frowned. 

I giggled at his pout and dropped on the bed with a sigh, it was all so tiring. But this is what comes with being with Harry, and it's all worth it. He's worth it. "You're right, so maybe I don't regret coming here after all."

"Everything is going wrong and I can barely keep up," I whispered as he settled on the bed next to me. Both of us facing the ceiling. The girls were downstairs talking but I didn't have it in me to join them so I went up here but Harry followed me on the way.

"I'm sorry for dragging you into all of this," Harry said in a low voice. I frowned and turned to him but he kept his eyes on the ceiling. "Your life probably won't be as crazy if you dated Malfoy."

"I think it would be worse considering I'm muggleborn and he's a Malfoy. Also none of that," I held onto his face and forced him to look at me, I peered into his darkened green eyes through the lenses of his glasses and place a soft kiss on his lip, pulling away to look him in the eyes again. "I only want you and no one else. If all this comes with being your girlfriend then I can handle all of it, you're not gonna go through all this alone."

"I don't deserve you." Harry said with a light chuckle and he snuggled closer to me, snaking an arm around my waist to pull me closer to him. "But thank you for everything you've done for me so far."

"If I had the chance to go back, knowing everything I'll have to go through just by telling you my name," I closed my eyes to remember just how perplexed he looked when we first meet and smiled at the mental image. "I'd do it again."

-

I'm abusing yall with some fluff cause I am excited for all the angst and can't wait to write them so I can cry and satisfy my angst hoe self. 

Thoughts on the story so far?

ALSO GO READ YELLOW !

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

675K 15.7K 90
"How come she married him? She hated him!" "Nah, she didn't." ~ ~ ~ #6 in evans - October 2020 #1 in lilypotter - November 2020 #3 in prongs - Decemb...
166K 4.8K 57
As Millie returns to Hogwarts for her fourth year, will she finally fall for Harry Potter's flirtatious charms, or will another certain someone get i...
804K 22.2K 75
*ೃ:.✧✲゚*。⋆ Y/n Sterling, related to Luna Lovegood, just as carefree, creative, and odd as Luna was. But is part of the golden trio. Best friends w...
680K 17.4K 21
"Tell me. Do you ever imagine him taking you like this? Out in the open?" Remus couldn't hold back the jealousy in his voice. ☆ When a chance encoun...