Wereology

By Sugar_And_Spice125

FEATURED IN WATTPAD UNDISCOVERED STORY LIST FOR THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER!!! Wereology (Noun) The study of werew... More

Cast List and Welcome!
№1|Enter: Medusa Demgorgean
№2|Welcome to the WhiteClad Pack
№3|Headaches
№4|Hunting
№5|Eyes Of Prophecy
№6|Mindscape
№7|Tell Me The Truth, Vanessa!
№8|Breathe
№9|It's Always A Price With You Isn't It?
№10|I LOVE YOU, KWAME!
№11|Some Things Science Can't Explain
№12|The Full Moon Festival (Part 1)
№13|The Full Moon Festival (Part 2)
№14|The Full Moon Festival (Part 3)
№15|Celaneo
№16|It's Okay To Get Saved
№17|The Night Before Court
№18|His Medusa
№19|Werewolf Court
№20|Patient Zero
№21|International Phone Calls
№22|Dreams
№23|Lastachka
№24|Here To Stay
№25|Brutes
№26|Care For A Doughnut?
№27|Running
№28|Julio
№29|Boom
№30|Lastachka Part 2
№31|No New Friends, Just New Lovers
№32|Tick... Tick... Tock...
№33|Candyland
№34|Stupid Dragons
№35|Lets Make A Plan!
№36|The 7 Mile Escape From Candyland
№37|Loved You Since The Beginning
№38|What Did You Do?!
№39|Aura Imprints
№40|How Much I Love You
№41|I'm Nothing Like You
№42|Don't Eat The Orange Chicken
№43|Costume Time!
№44|It's Been So Long
№45|Symbols
№47|My Most Precious Thing
№48|I'll Be Back
№49|The Camp Part 1: Help Me Understand
№50|The Camp Part 2: Poppet
№51|The Camp Part 3: Cake Walk
№52|You're Mine. I'm Yours
№53|Change Of Plans
№54|Amazing
№55|Scars On The Heart
№56|Wings Were Made To Fly
№57|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 1)
№58|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 2)
№59|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 3)
№60|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 4)
№61|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 5)
№62|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 6)
№63|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 7)
№64|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 8)
№65|Tick... Tock... Boom!
№66|Epilogue
Acknowledgments

№46|The Price Of Knowledge

18 1 0
By Sugar_And_Spice125

№46|The Price Of Knowledge
◆ ━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

Later that day, the pack stood outside the castle. Barron crunched up his fist, turning towards his group of wolves. “He’s gonna offer us a lot, and there will be times when we want to kill him, but we can’t,” he grit his teeth, “no matter how much we hate him.”

“However,” Medusa rested her hand on Barron’s, “we’re here to get Barron’s parents back… nothing else.”

“How could Julius trade your parents like that?” Kirkland asked. “I hated Declan years ago, but I wasn’t gonna sell him!”

“Julius is worse than you were.” Vanessa sighed, shaking her head. “Which is sad, because you were a bitch.”

“Thanks, Vanessa.” Kirkland grumbled slightly.

Vanessa chuckled, ruffling his hair. “Come on. You know I’m messing with you.”

“Yeah, yeah,” Kirkland laughed as the group entered the palace to see Julius and Irvam there to greet them.

“Friends!” Julius cheered, clasping his hands together. “I hope you brought your appetites, cause we got food!”

“Last time I drank something you gave me, I got a bomb in my stomach,” Medusa scoffed, walking past them, “that’s not happening again.”

“Awe, come on Medusa,” Irvam chuckled. “The cooks went through all this trouble to cook the food. The least you can do is eat it.”

“And get poisoned?” Medusa rolled her eyes. “No thank you.” She slipped past Irvam as the group walked towards the table in the castle garden.

The group took their seats, watching as the servers placed out food on the table. Barron eyed a piece of strawberry cake and slowly reached for it. Medusa slapped his hand. “Stop that. Who knows what they put in it?”

“I’m assuming eggs, milk, strawberries, flour, and baking soda.” Malakai listed, earning a glare from Medusa.

“Not what I meant!” She scolded, slapping Malakai upside the head. “They might have poisoned it or something.” She whispered to the group.

“They didn’t,” Chelia shook her head, “fairies are known for spotting poison, and there isn’t any in the food.”

Barron looked up at Medusa before quickly looking back at the cake. She sighed, nodding her head, giving him permission to eat the cake. At the first bite, Barron quickly spit it out. “You sure it isn’t poisoned?” He gagged, spitting the food into a napkin. “It tastes horrible.”

Chelia slid the plate towards her, her eyes glowing a dim baby blue as she scanned the piece of cake. “There isn’t any poison...” she noted, biting into the cake. She quickly spit it out. “Just really bad cake.”

“You really need to hire new cooks, Dewei.” Lawrence commented, chuckling slightly.

“I didn’t hire these cooks. Irvam must have replaced the whole staff when he took over the castle.” Dewei grumbled, scrunching up his fist.

“You didn’t really expect Irvam to keep the retarded staff you hired, did you?” Julius smirked, approaching the table. He stood beside a chair, glaring at one of the staff members. “Ahem,” he gestured towards the chair. The staff member rolled his eyes and pulled out the chair. “Thank you.” Julius smiled as he sat down.

“You can’t even pull out your own chair, gosh,” Alistair scoffed, “could you be any more of a jerk?”

“Of course I can,” Julius propped his feet up on the table, “but if you think I’m a jerk, I’m nothing compared to what’s to come.”

“What do you mean?” Yvette questioned, growing suspicious of his words.

“You’ll see~” Julius cooed, biting into a doughnut before spitting it out. “Wow that’s horrible.” He muttered before tossing it aside.

Medusa glared at Irvam as he walked over to the table, sitting across from her. He winked at the researcher. “What cha reading?”

“A book.” Medusa replied, going back to reading the new notes. “I assume you’ve never opened one before.”

Irvam growled slightly. “Ha, ha,” he laughed sarcastically, “do you know why I called you here?”

“To discuss the terms of our deal,” Medusa leaned over, flooding her hands under her chin. “Why else?” She laughed cockily. “Did you think I wanted to see you?”

“Maybe,” Irvam smirked, leaning over the table, “I imagine it gets rather boring when you're with the same boyish alpha every single day.”

“I’m fine, thank you.” Medusa rolled her eyes. “Now can we skip the small talk and get to business?”

“Not yet, my little researcher. I have some friends on their way.” Irvam replied, patting Medusa’s head. Her snakes quickly nipped at his hand, causing Irvam to jerk his hand back. “You better control those snakes.”

“You better control those hands.” Medusa shot back.

“What friends?” Malakai inquired.

“I assume he’s talking about me,” a familiar voice responded, sending a shiver down Malakai’s spine. A figure emerged from the shadows. “It’s been a while, Malakai.”

The glass of water in Malakai’s hands shattered, his hands glowed a bright purple as he sent the shards of glass towards the man. He easily dodged the shards of glass, and snapped his fingers as they turned into sand, falling to the floor. “You’ve gotten stronger, Malakai.”

“What are you doing here, Balio?” Malakai scrunched up his fist. Items on the table began to shake as a red mist surrounded them.

“Aren’t you excited to see me again, Malakai?” Balio snickered, sitting across from Vanessa and Malakai.

Balio was a tall man with auburn hair that spiked backward in a windswept way. While most of his hair was red, he had streaks of brown. A large scare tainted his left eye, which was bloodied with a grey iris and a singed eyebrow, as possessed to his remaining blue eye and brown eyebrow. 

“Excited?” Malakai scoffed, flying item after item towards Balio, which he easily dodged. “You’d think I’d be excited to see the man I’ve despised for ages? The man that made my life a living hell?!”

“Malakai,” Vanessa whispered, getting the warlock’s attention, “who is that?”

“And who is this?” Balio smirked, waving at Vanessa. “Did the little scrawny warlock find a girl?” He scoffed, rolling his eyes. “How much is he paying you.”

“He isn’t paying me anything,” Vanessa placed her hand on top of Malakai’s. “I love him. Who are you?”

“She doesn't know?” Balio grinned viciously. “She really doesn't know.”

“Know what?” Vanessa questioned, glancing up at Malakai, but the warlock’s eyes never left Balio’s. “Malakai, what is he talking about?”

“I used to be Balio’s apprentice.” Malakai quickly explained, looking down at Vanessa. “I’ll explain the rest later,” Malakai growled at Balio, “when he’s gone.”

“Oh trust me, Malakai,” an evil glint shimmered in Balio’s eyes, “I won't be going anywhere for a long time.”

“What gives you the right to bring back Balio?” Medusa clenched her fist. Malakai told her the history between him and Balio long before Medusa ever met Barron.

Let’s just say it wasn’t pretty.

“I think it gives him every right,” Callihan said, making his way towards the table, “he is king.”

He smirked at Chelia. “Hello there, Chelia. Don’t you look lovely today.”

Montego’s deep growl made Callihan turn towards him. “I see you brought the dog with you.” He grimaced at the delta. “Irvam,” he glanced over at the self-proclaimed king, “I thought we didn’t allow dogs in the palace?”

“We don’t,” Irvam chuckled at the angered delta, “this is a special dog though.”

“You wanna see a dog, huh?” Malakai’s eyes swirled with a yellow hue of anger. His wolf was ready to pounce on Callihan and Irvam. His nails dug into the table cloth, “if you wanna see a dog, I’ll show you a damn dog!” 

Right before Montego could shift, Barron rushed in front of him, his hand on his chest. “Montego, you promised.” Barron reminded him.

“Well, sometimes promises are meant to be broken.” Montego snarled at the dragon across the table.

“Montego.” Barron clenched the delta’s shirt. “Look at you.” Montego glanced at himself in the reflection of the glass windows. He whimpered. He’d never seen himself so… so feral. He looked down, ashamed to lock eyes with the alpha. “It’s alright, Montego, just calm down.” Barron ruffled his hair. “You’re scaring us…” he turned towards Chelia, “you’re scaring her.”

The yellow hue faded from Montego’s eyes as he sat back down. Chelia smiled, intertwining her fingers with his. “You have some nerve being here.” She scowled at the dragon.

“You have some nerve bedding with a dog.” Callihan scoffed, grimacing at the couple. “Now, if you were to just leave the dog on the side of the road and come over to the dragon side,” he winked at Chelia, “you know where to find me.”

“I’d rather die than bed with you.” Chelia shot back.

“That could be arranged,” his brother, Viktor smirked, sitting beside his brother, “I’m sure the world can manage with one less fairy.”

Montego growled at the thought of Callihan laying a single hand on Chelia. “Don't you worry, Montego, it’s not Chelia we’ve been hurting.” A blue bubble appeared in Callihan’s hands to show a woman, about the age of 31, chained up to a wall. Her blonde hair was disheveled, and slowly turned pale.

“No…” Montego’s eyes widened. He slammed his hands down on the table. “You monsters! What have you done to my sister?!”

“You’re sister?” Chelia's eyes widened in shock.

“That’s my big sister, Titania! She was supposed to be dead…” anger raged in the delta's eyes, “what did you do to her?!”

“Nothing much, just the usual torture. We broke practically every bone in that girl’s body… her spirit.” Viktor said, walking out into the garden.

Alistair growled, glaring at Viktor. Something about him made Alistair’s blood boil.

Viktor’s attention shifted towards Alistair and Yvette, smirking as he and Yvette’s eyes locked. The omega’s gaze quickly turned towards her lap as worriment filled her body.

“It’s him…”  her breathing quicken. She needed to get out of here… she needed to get away from Viktor.

“Yvette, it’s alright.” Her wolf assured her, “we’re strong, he can’t control us.” Her wolf growled, ready to pounce on the dragon. Sometimes Yvette wondered how she got a wolf that was so opposite herself.

Maybe the Moon Goddess intended it to be that way. Yvette smiled slightly. She loved her wolf at times. She glanced up at Viktor, her smile fading. Her nightmares from a few night prior flooding back into her mind. She shook her head, clenching the rim of the table.

“Yvette, what’s wrong?” Alistair whispered.

Yvette wanted to tell Alistair that Viktor was the man, but her words seemed to have escaped her. Alistair glared at Viktor as the dragon laughed at Yvette’s actions. “Wow, did think I had that much of an effect on the wolf.” He playfully nudged his brother. “Look at her... she’s about to have a panic attack.”

“Leave her alone.” Alistair growled slightly, trying to comfort the omega. Alistair examined his mate’s worried state. He slowly turned towards Viktor, his eyes gleaming a bright orange. “It’s you, isn't it? You’re the one that’s been giving her nightmares!”

Viktor nodded, raising a glass to his lips before taking a large swig of his drink. “I gotta say,” he wiped his lips clean of the liquid, “her mind is an easy one to pick open. She could use some handling, though. She struggles too much.” Viktor shook his head. “Such a turn off.”

“You know she hasn’t been to sleep in days because of you,” Alistair gripped the edges of the table, denting it with his hard grip, “she’s been so scared to go to sleep because of what you’d do to her, that she hasn’t slept in three days.”

“Oh, the little omega didn't get any sleep, so sad.” Viktor trailed his finger from the corner of his eye down his cheek, mimicking a tear.

“What did she ever do to you, anyways?” Alistair growled.

“Nothing. I’ve had my eye on her ever since I came to your pack,” he smirked at Yvette, “aren’t you a pretty little omega,” quick as lightning, Viktor teleported to Yvette’s side, stroking her chin, “you wanna be a good girl and ditch the wolf for a real man?”

Yvette scrunched up her fist. Something about the way he said ‘good girl’ made Yvette simmer. Her eyes flashed a bright pink as she punched Viktor in the face, his nose drawing blood.

“You’ll pay for that, you bitch!” Viktor growled, swinging towards Yvette to land a punch, but she caught his fist. Swiftly, Yvette flipped the dragon over, tackling him to the ground.

“We’re good, but we’re not your ‘good girl’, so you’d better watch your tongue before you go calling us good again!” Yvette spat, her wolf and her speaking in unison as a raging fire of power erupted inside the omega’s body.

She smirked at the sniveling dragon beneath her, her bright pink eye grinned widely. Something about him being beneath her, cowering under her gave her a rush of excitement and courage she couldn’t explain. “Where’s all that smart talk now, Viktor?”

Before Viktor could respond, Yvette gripped his throat in her hands. “Don’t speak,” she squeezed it tighter, “gravel like you don't get the right.”

The group watched in shock. Normally Yvette was never like this. It was shocking to see the stuttery omega blossom into such a strong, powerful wolf.

Barron rested his hand on Yvette’s shoulder, “just like I told Montego, we can’t kill them,” he glared at Irvam, “...yet.”

Yvette’s eyes faded back to their normal ocean blue color. Her eyes widened at the dragon beneath her. She gulped slightly, a smile gracing her lips. “Nice work, Yvette!” Her wolf cheered, “see! Look at how the men bow down to you when you’re like that! Plus,” she smirked as Yvette smiled at Alistair, “I bet he loved it too~”

“Shu-Shut up!” Yvette blushed as Alistair kissed her cheek.

Ayame chuckled at her brother and his mate. She rested her hand on Lawrence’s as she looked up at him. His worried look concerned her deeply. “Is everything alright?” She whispered.

“Something seems off about this… there’s this one smell.. I can’t quite place it.” Lawrence sniffed the air, the smell of bourbon and cheap cigars made his eyes widen, and they  flashed a bright green in anger. “It’s him…”

“Son!” Cheered a slurred voice as a man emerged from the entrance of the garden. 

He was a tall, muscular werewolf with black hair, and a thick beard with  yellow eyes. For his top, he wore an open dark-violet coat with white fur trim, exposing a patch of black fur on his chest. 

Over his beige pants was a matching sash that wrapped around his waist, and was secured with a large, silver metal buckle. On the shoulder of his coat was a silver metal spaulder, which, through a pair of curved strips across the chest, attached as a clasp on the opposite front panel of the coat. The white toes of his black leather boots had a shape reminiscent of paws with claws at the tips.

Lawrence scowled, scrunching up his fist as he marched over to the man. “What are you doing here Xavier?!” He snarled at his father.

“Excuse me,” Xavier took a large swig of his drink, “I’m your father. You will not call me by my first name.”

“Father?” Lawrence scoffed, his glare intensifying. “After everything you and those rats you call my ‘brothers’ did to me – to mom – and you expect me to call you dad?”

“You will call me what I want you to,” his hand gripped around Lawrence’s neck, “you damn runt.”

Lawrence gagged at his alcohol drenched breath. “Get your hands off of me!” Lawrence slapped his hand away, “and for the sake of the gods, get a damn breath mint.”

“You can’t tell me what to do,” he took another large swig of his drink, “you and your damn mother ran out on us! You were supposed to run the family business like your brothers!”

“I wasn’t going to go into that damn fighting ring you call a ‘business’. Mom and I found better lives with the WhitClad pack.” Lawrence stated, smiling back at Ayame.

“How is your whore of a mother any-” before Xavier could finish that sentence, Lawrence tackled him to the ground.

“Don’t you dare call mom that!” Lawrence gripped his shirt, slamming Xavier’s head against the ground as he coughed up his drink. “She tried to make you happy, but all you ever bought her was pain. I’m so happy mother doesn't have to spend the rest of her life with a jerk like you!”

“Who is she with? That idiot Grant?” Xavier scoffed. “That fucking tramp needs a wake up call on who her real mate is; me!”

Lawrence clawed his nails into Xavier’s chest. “Her real mate is Grant! I’ve never seen mom as happy as she is with him!”

Xavier’s eyes trailed over to Ayame, smirking at the Indian wolf. “Why hello-”

Lawrence gripped his father’s face, harshly turning it towards him. “Don't you dare speak to her! She doesn't need to get wrapped up in all the drama.”

“She doesn't know?” Xavier’s smirk only grew at the new information.

“She has nothing to know!” Lawrence nails dug deeper into his father’s skin, “I will not have my mate end up like mother… she is not going to suffer through all the pain I did.”

“You can’t protect her forever, Lawrence.” Xavier rasped as his son’s hand gripped his neck. “I will eventually get to her…”

Lawrence let go of his father’s neck, stepping on his ribs. “Come near her and I’ll make sure you won't live to see another day.”

Kirkland and Piper sat there with wide eyes. “Good thing Lawrence is one our side, huh?” Piper whispered to her mate.

Kirkland nodded. “No kidding. Kind of glad he didn’t do that to me when I was... bad.”

“Whatever happened to that, Kirkland?” a familiar voice to the wolf called out. Fear and shock began to install in Kirkland’s being.

Kirkland’s eyes widened as the man, Zeidan, stepped closer towards him. “Last time I saw you, you were a sniveling mess, cowering behind your brother.”

“Who is he?” Piper whispered.

“He’s the former alpha of the Wilson pack.” Yvette responded. Before she joined the WhiteClad pack, Yvette was once a member of the Wilson pack.

“More importantly, he’s the one who took me from Piper.” Kirkland growled, glaring at Zedian.

“I heard you were the little patient zero for Julius’ virus,” Zedian flicked the beta’s forehead, “for once you weren’t a failure.”

He scanned the group of wolves that were beside him. “However, it seems like you reverted to being a failure once more.” Zedian sighed, shaking his head. 

He gripped Kirkland’s jaw. “You were one of my finest soldiers... now look at you,” he scoffed, harshly letting go of Kirkland’s jaw, “fucking trash.”

“Don’t you touch him.” Piper slapped Zedian’s hand away as he reached for Kirkland again.

“Who’s this?” Zedian examined Piper, soon bursting out in full on laughter. “Don’t tell me… this is the hoe you wanted to mate with?”

Piper and Kirkland both growled at the former alpha. Zedian came up behind Piper, gripping her hips. “She has childbearing hips, but other than that I see nothing else that would be appealing about an Australian wolf.”

“Hands off!” Piper barked, elbowing the former alpha in the side. “Touch me again and I’ll make sure you’ll regret ever laying a hand on me.”

“She’s a feisty one, Kirkland.” Zedian chuckled, getting off the floor. “I love it.”

“Well, love it from a distance.” Kirkland snarled, holding Piper close. “Come any closer near us and I’ll kick your ass back to exile.”

Zedian fake gasped. “Such harsh words! How dare you speak to your alpha that way!”

“Alpha?” Kirkland scoffed. “The only alphas I acknowledge are Barron and Declan.”

“You’ll tell me I’m your alpha.” Zedian demanded.

“Fine,” Kirkland gritted his teeth, turning towards Barron with a sly smirk, “you’re my alpha.”

Barron smiled, ruffling Kirkland’s hair, “well, you heard him, Zedian. I’m his alpha~”

Zedian growled, walking off in a huff towards his seat. Orion laughed, patting Kirkland’s shoulder, smiling up at the beta.

Celaneo raked her fingers over the grass and whimpered slightly. “Something’s wrong…” she whimpered, an unfamiliar feeling forming in her chest.

“What’s wrong, my love?” Orion questioned.

“There’s an aura here…” Celaneo gulped, frantically looking around for the aura. “That nymph I told you about… she’s hurting… she’s crying out for me.”

Celaneo’s eyes darted towards Irvam. “Where is she?!”

“Who?” Irvam scoffed. “I got a lot of prisoners… you got to be specific.” 

“The nymph!” Celaneo slammed her hands down on the table, her eyes flashed green in anger. “The one you’re keeping here!”

“I think she means Josephine.” Julius whispered, earning a nod from Irvam.

“Oh! Josephine!” Irvam took a swig of his drink, raising it towards Celaneo. “She was caught stealing some medicine from the castle.”

“And you threw her in the cell for stealing medicine? Do you even know what she was gonna use it for?” Orion growled, gripping the rim of the table.

“On some stupid dragons.” Julius rolled her eyes. “Baby ones, nonetheless.”

Celaneo extended her hand towards Julius and Irvam, creating vines that wrapped around their necks. “You’re monsters! She was trying to help babies and now she’s almost on the brink of death! Do you know what that feels like?!” 

Cleaneo clenched her fist, causing the vines to tighten around their necks, “of course you don’t!! But you will! I’ll make sure you know what she’s going through!” The color began to fade from their skin as the vines tightened even more, constricting their breathing.

“Celaneo!” Barron yelled, but the nymph didn’t listen. “Celaneo! That’s enough!”

Once again, the nymph refused to listen to the alpha. She glared at the two feeble men in her vines’ grasps, thorns protruding from the vines and puncturing their skin. “You feel that? That pain?” Celaneo taunted, throwing the two men against the wall. “Imagine how she felt when you inflicted the pain onto Josephine.”

“Celaneo!” Barron barked, clutching her wrist, “let them go.” He whispered. The nymph looked up at him, pleading to let her continue. “Celaneo,” Barron lowered her hand. The vines seeped back down into the earth, “they’ll pay, I promise.” 

“Either you take them down,” vines began to wrap around Barron’s leg, “or I’ll take you all down. That nymph is hurting… I can’t have her suffer any longer… you however,” the thorny vines wrapped around Barron’s ankle, “I can see you suffer all day…”

“Celaneo…” Barron groaned, wincing at the thorns.

“I like you, Barron. You’re a kind and fair alpha, and I don’t want to kill you or interrupt with the plan. I will if I have to, however, if Josephine suffers anymore.” Celaneo wagered. “I know you hate killing, but if you can’t get the job done, I will.”

With that, Celaneo released the vines from Barron’s ankle and walked back to her seat. Kalypso gulped. “Good thing Celaneo’s on our side, huh?”

“No kidding.” Rufus chuckled.

Irvam glared at Rufus. “How dare you side with them.”

“Don’t start this, Irvam,” Rufus growled slightly, “trust me, you won't finish it.”

“Well, I’m starting it anyways,” Irvam slammed his cup down on the table, “what’s so good about that witch, huh? She must be really good in bed if she got you to side with them.”

“They haven’t been together yet.” Julius scoffed, “he hasn’t even marked her.”

Irvam snorted in laughter. “You haven’t marked her yet?! You know she’s your mate and yet you refused to mark her? Do you not love her or something?” He smirked, watching as Kalypso’s face formed into a frown. “If you don’t, I can take her off your hands if you want.”

“I’m not some item you can trade for monetary value. I’m a person.” Kalypso scolded.

“You’re not a person, you’re a witch. A real dumb one at that.” A familiar voice corrected.

Kalypso’s eyes widened, covering her mouth in shock as tears began to form. She hadn’t heard that voice in ages. “Bryce…?” She muttered through her hands, turning around to see the man in question.

Bryce had long pink hair tied back into a short ponytail, with an undercut, and the undercut portion of his hair was black. He had a dark complexion and blue eyes. 

His outfit consisted of a cream-colored short-sleeved jacket with yellow details and a black, long-sleeved V-neck shirt, with cream colored fingerless gloves. He wore black medium-length pants and cream colored sneakers.

A sudden burst of joy filled the witch’s body as she ran towards the man, wrapping her arms around him. “Bryce!!” She sobbed into his chest, clenching the back of his shirt. “Ho-How…? How are you here?” She shook her head. “You know what, it doesn't matter.”

Tears stained her best friend's shirt as her sobs hardened. For years, Kalypso blamed herself for what happened to Bryce. She blamed herself for how brutally they beheaded the wolf for just being friends with Kalypso.

But all that didn’t matter now, now that Bryce was back… Kalypso knew everything would be right again.

Rufus glared at Bryce. Something about him wasn’t sitting right with him.

“Who’s that?” Rufus’ dragon asked, squinting at the wolf.

“Bryce.” Rufus responded. “I have no idea who he is, but something about him made Kalypso jump for joy.”

“I don’t like him.” His dragon stated. “He smells weird.”

“What?” Rufus chuckled at the odd comment.

“He smells… odd.” The dragon attempted to explain.

Rufus shrugged slightly, turning his attention back towards Kalypso and Bryce.

“You have no idea how much you missed, Bryce! I finally left the coven-”

“Why?” Bryce scoffed, glaring at Kalypso.

“What do you mean why?” Kalypso laughed softly. “You saw what they did to you… I couldn’t stay in a place like that.”

“Gods, Kalypso, how could you be so dumb?” Bryce pinched the bridge of his nose as he shook his head.

“Dumb?” Kalypso backed away from him. “Come on, Bryce, stop kidding with me. You know I had to leave.”

“Stupid as always.” Bryce rolled his eyes. “You left the coven, for what? A wolf pack?”

“I did it to atone for my sins…” Kalypso whimpered. She rested her hand on Bryce’s, “I did it for you… in your honor.”

“I never asked you to do anything for me. If you wanted to honor me, then why didn’t you stay in the coven? Why join a stupid wolf pack?” Bryce questioned.

“How could you call the pack stupid? You’re a wolf yourself!” Kalypso exclaimed, cupping Bryce’s hands. “What’s gotten into you?”

“What’s gotten into you? Sometimes I wonder why I was ever friends with you.” Bryce harshly said, knocking Kalypso to the floor as he made his way to the table.

Before he could reach the table, an angry storm dragon stood in his path. The rage that began to bubble inside the dragon radiated off of him.

“Out of my way, dragon.” Bryce ordered.

“Not until you go help Kalypso up and apologize.” Rufus’ eyes flashed a deep blue, warning the wolf of what might happen if he defied him.

“You’re not the boss of me.” Bryce scoffed, attempting to walk past Rufus, but the dragon wasn’t letting him go anytime soon.

Rufus clenched the wolf’s triceps, harshly pulling Bryce back in front of him. “I don’t know who you are, or why Kalypso got so excited when you came, but right now I don’t care.” His grip on the wolf’s triceps grew stronger. “What you’re gonna do is help her up and apologize, now.”

“Fine,” Bryce escaped his grip, walking over to the witch. He smiled, extending her hand towards Kalypso. “I’m sorry.”

Kalypso smiled slightly, grasping his hand as Bryce lifted her off the floor. “Thank yo-” before Kalypso could finish, Bryce kicked her knee caps, sending Kalypso to the floor once again.

“I’m sorry you’re such an idiot.” Bryce snarled, kicking Kalypso in the side.

Thunderclouds clouded the blue skies as lighting began to rain down on the garden. Rufus darted towards Bryce, pinning him to the hard bark of a nearby tree. “You must really have a death wish, Bryce, if you think you can just waltz up in here and hurt my mate.”

“You two… haven’t even… mated yet.” Bryce croaked from under Rufus’ hard grip on his neck.

“That doesn't give you the right to kick her kneecaps!” Rufus slammed Bryce’s head against the tree. “I don’t care how much you mean to her… you come near her again and I’ll make sure there’s a lightning bolt where your heart should be!”

Lighting struck the tree, sending a warning to the wolf as Rufus let him go. The dragon rushed over to Kalypso, helping her sit up as he inspected her injury. “You okay?” Rufus whispered, brushing strands of Kalypso’s auburn hair out of her face.

“I’m fine, Rufus.” Kalypso attempted to stand, but the pain in her knees sent her plummeting back down.

“You’re a horrible liar.” Rufus chuckled, picking up Kalypso as the two made their way back to the table.

“Thanks.” Kalypso muttered, looking away from him.

“Anytime, Kali.” He smiled, kissing her forehead.

“You brought her best friend back from the dead to mess with Kalypso. Seriously Irvam?” Medusa glared at the self proclaimed king. “Could you be anymore cruel?”

“You have no idea, Medusa.” Irvam grinned viciously. “Now, for the real reason why we're all here.” Irvam snapped his fingers, one of the workers brought over an orb displaying Barron’s parents.

“What do you want with them?” Barron snarled.

“I think you mean what do I want for them. The answer is simple; two things.” Irvam held up two fingers. “Julius tells me that Barron and all the alphas that attended the summit are now members of the Werewolf Council after Julius killed the old council.”

“So, what is it to you?” Barron questioned.

“You sign a decree turning over the wolf packs in the council to me and I’ll release your parents.” Irvam wagered, drumming his fingers on the table.

“You must be insane if you think we’d turn over our packs to you!” Barron rose from his seat in anger.

“What’s the other thing?” Medusa asked, pushing Barron back down.

Irvam leaned in close, pointing at her notebook. “I want your research.”

Medusa’s eyes widened as she quickly hid her notebook. Her snakes hissed, rattling violently as their eyes flashed red.

“What for?” Medusa's clouded grey eyes swam with anger.

“We have our reasons… just as you have yours.” Julius replied with his usual smug smirk.

“So what will it be, Medusa?” Irvam grinned maliciously at the researcher. “Your research, or his parents?”

~A/N~

Its Monday and y'all know what that means!! Its update day!! This is a very important chapter especially for this arc. A lot of new characters were introduce so what y'all think?

Isn't it crazy that Malakai master came back? And what's up with his eyes? Hmmmm... We'll find out more later.

What about The twins Callihan and Viktor? Wasn't Yvette so boss when beat up Viktor?!

Oooh what about Lawrence's drunk off his ass dad? Isn't he such a dick?

If u think he's bad what about Zedian? To think he was the reason why Piper and Kirkland never mated. Yikes!

Oooh and what about Celaneo being super boss! Wasn't that awesome!

Let's not forget the return of Kalypso old friend Bryce. There's some history there for sure!

Till next time! Stay safe!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1M 25.9K 36
[EDITING] ----------------------------- Nicole Summers thought she was living the ordinary high school life. In her senior year, she...
2.7K 224 47
He's wild but doesn't even know what a kiss is. She will show him all, fascinated by his nature and beautiful eyes. Marien studies toxins; she is in...
396K 8.4K 48
He was gigantic. The 7'0 monster of a man towered over her, even though he was sitting. Bright cyan eyes gazed down at her unreadably. He gestured w...
195K 7.7K 41
Excerpt from the story: Running. That's what I was doing. From what you ask me. From wolves. They've been chasing me for a while now. The sound of t...