Cuphead and Mugman in "Fate W...

HaleyBurns7 által

Taking place after my other story, "A Choice Between Two Worlds", it follows Cuphead and Mugman as the Devil... Több

The Aftermath...
Broken Promise
A Renewed Bond
Familiar Faces
I'm an Outsider...
A Failed Mission
Home
A Shadow Emerges
Problem Solving With Science
A Vision From Hell
Confidence vs. Fear
The Diagnosis
Training Begins...
Not Words But Actions
A Sinking Feeling
Punishment Falls On Deaf Ears
A Mutated Mishap
The Final Nightmare....?
Stealing the Spotlight
Teamwork or Solo Work?
The Midnight Duel
A Step In the Right Direction
You're So Busted!
New Goals
Who Are You?
Friend or Foe?
A Quick Detour
The Deed Must Be Done!
Battle at Mt. Inkwell
A Bad Omen
Interview with a Demon
A Splashing Revelation
Boys to the Rescue!
What I Wouldn't Do For A Smoke
Possessed Brawlers
A Suffocating Predicament
Spoonfred's Trial
The Secret Basement
A Confession
You Are Alone, Little Mug
He Knows Where We Live!
An Uninvited Guest
The Duel
Get Help!
A Change of Heart
Sheltered From the Past
The Kettle and the Faun
A Passed Burden
Exile
Terms of Agreement?
The Contract
Who's to Blame?
Is This Heaven?
Home Sweet Mess
Was This the Right Decision?
The Story of Young Dice
The Plan
An Unexpected Ally
The Great Battle
I Can't Change It
I Can't Change It (Part 2)
Expelling the Demon
Domain of the Overlords
Friend Not Foe

The New Monster

373 13 17
HaleyBurns7 által

A battle cry rang out as the young mug snuck away from the casino entrance. The plan had only started and Mugman was already fearing that something would go wrong. What if one of his friends died in the fight? What if the Devil showed up and slaughtered everyone? What if the Devil was expecting the young mug to show up alone? There were just too many negative scenarios going through the child's head as he bolted for the Devil's lair. His heart was beating way too fast. And Mug realized this.

I have to stay calm. He kept repeating Dice's words. I can't help anyone if I can't control myself.

Be careful. We have to prepare for anything. It isn't likely that there's no one guarding your family. The demon explained.

Mugman stopped himself just outside the entrance to catch his breath. Sweat poured out over his body. The liquid in his mug nearly began to simmer.

It's now or never! Mug thought and took a deep breath. He then tore himself into the Devil's lair. His little body dove for hiding spots along the way. The young mug looked around from behind each object he used for cover to make sure that no one was around or appeared to be watching.

Mugman ducked behind a chest full of gold and gems. His little mug peered over the top to find the blood red throne empty. Just in front of it was his brother, chained to the ground by his wrists.

Poor Cuphead looked devoid of any hope. His whole body just slumped on the spot on which he sat. The red and white straw bent horribly over his brim that was tilted down so far that it was a wonder that all his liquid didn't come pouring out. Cup sat in absolute silence, not moving an inch. His eyes were closed as he continually wished he was home with his family. For he was certain that there was nothing that could make him happy anymore. He believed his brother to be dead and his guardian had been turned into a monster. How could his life get any more miserable?

Mugman took another cursory glance around before approaching his big brother.

"Psst! Cuphead! I'm here! I'm going to get you out of here!" The young mug said in a hushed voice. His brother's cup whipped up in utter shock at the voice he heard.

"Mugs! You're alive!" Cup gasped and began to sob tears of joy. The cup brothers immediately met one another's embrace and held on tightly.
"Sorry it took me so long, buddy!" Mug apologized as he pulled away and tried to examine the chains about the cup's wrists. But the cup child did not stay still. For he still tried to reach his sibling to make sure he wasn't dreaming. That the person standing in front of him wasn't a figment of his imagination. The cup's hands felt all over Mugman. He strained to get them high enough to touch his brother's mug.

"So long?" Cuphead repeated with tears still streaming down his face. "Mugman, I thought you were dead! I thought.....I thought that I....I killed you!"

The mug child nearly began to explain what happened when he realized that now was not the time for such explanations.

"I'll tell you about it later. Right now I need to get you out of here!" Mug still talked in a hushed voice. Dark blue magic was summoned to his hands. He attempted to melt through the chains with his otherworldly power. But it was no use. The metal seemed impenetrable to his abilities. Mugman grunted in annoyance and put away his magic.

"No, Mugs! You have to get out of here while you can!" Cuphead urged. "Go now! Before you get caught!"

"I'm not leaving here without you two!" Mug asserted. "Where's Elder Kettle?"

The young cup merely pointed a shaking finger into a dark corner. Mugman stared intently where his brother was pointing. From the darkness emerged a hunk of metal in the shape of their guardian. Smoke billowed out of its spout. Its black holes where its eyes should be emotionlessly stared the cup brothers down. A clawed glove brandished a large and thick sword toward the intruder. Mug yelped in fear and stumbled backwards as the hunk of metal shuffled forward. The heavy figure stumbled its way between the prisoner and the one who tried to free it.

"Run, Mugman!" Cuphead now yelled. For there was no need to be quiet anymore. It was too late. The young mug had been found out.

Oh no! Not him! Mug's demon gasped, recognizing which dark creature had manifested itself inside the kettle's soul. For this one was a bully even for the demon world, as narcissistic as one could get. And proud of its power. Oh, it thought nobody was better than him. That he could beat any challenger that came his way. And it had only one desire: to become the alpha no matter what the cost. The mug child could feel that this presence even intimidated his parasitic creature. That it was a force to be reckoned with.

Mugman's mind froze. He could do nothing but look forth with fear and back away. His feet tried to move too fast and tripped him up. The young mug fell on his back and instinctively kept crawling himself away from this creature that seemed devoid of humanity. That it was merely a shell of who it used to be. Mug eventually he hit a wall and had to stop. He prepared for the worst as the sword came right for him. A sharp whistle rang throughout the cavern as the child tensed and closed his eyes. They slowly opened back up to see the flawless, shining blade mere inches from his nose.

"Well, well, well," Came the Devil's voice. "Look who returned from the grave to save their family. I thought I left you for dead!" It spat and stomped its way into the scene. The deity walked right past Cuphead as if he didn't even exist. "How you managed to get out of that situation alive I don't know, but you won't leave my cave ever again." The creature scraped its knuckles along the ground. It was clear that he was so angry that he didn't care about his posture anymore.

Mug slowly picked himself off the ground. The sword followed his every movement as the child attempted to inch his way around his mutated guardian. Its master had not said to attack, so it did not. However, that didn't mean that the kettle would hesitate to attack if this intruder seemed to show signs of hostility.

"You were foolish to come back here, boy. It will cost you your life." The Devil tried to intimidate the young mug into submission. But Mugman wasn't going to leave without at least trying to reach the old faun that existed somewhere inside that body.

"That's okay." Mug replied. "Because I value my friends and family more than my own life. And I know you used to feel that way, too." He stayed calm and talked to the black creature as if he were a friend.

"Ha! You don't know me!" The satanic creature laughed. "The only person that used to know me is now my slave! And he will do anything I tell him to." It then gave another sharp whistle the kettle's way. On command, the hunk of metal took a swipe at the mug child with its sword. Mug yelped and immediately dropped to the ground, watching as the blade passed right where his mug had been. He was sure that his head would have been split in half if he had not moved. The child's heart pounded fast, fueled with both fear and adrenaline. Mug slowly sat up and refocused himself back on the Devil.

"But that means you're a slave too, David." He asserted.

"How do you know that name?" The furry creature steamed as his pupils constricted to slits. It immediately turned on Cuphead. As far as he knew, only Kettle and the cup were aware of that name. "Did you tell him that, cupface?" He roared and glowered over the cup child. Poor Cuphead trembled on the spot and tried to shield his face from the claws that dangled down towards him.

"N-no!" Cup desperately called out.

"He didn't tell me anything!" Mugman reiterated. "I found out from someone that used to work for you." The creature's eyes flashed red in contempt. He had been betrayed by Dice! If he ever showed his sorry face around here again, David would see to it that the cube be removed from his body.

"You and Elder Kettle are prisoners in your own body." Mugman sympathetically explained. "But it doesn't have to be that way. Demons and mortals don't have to fight one another for control and superiority. There's another way. Let us show you what it is to be friends and truly understand one another."

But the Devil only heard mere words of betrayal. His chest heaved with deep breaths as he attempted to suppress his anger. Now was not the time to end the mug's life. It must be tortured first!

"I have a better idea!" The Devil sneered. "Why don't I show you someone you don't know? This will be quite entertaining....for me." His glowing eyes flashed to the metallic kettle. "Kettle, why don't you give your boy a proper greeting?" The sleek black body slunk away and went to watch the show by the young cup's side with an evil chuckle. A metallic roar emitted from the robotic slave as it zeroed in on Mugman. The mug child heard an awful scraping noise behind him. He turned around to find a clawed hand dragging the tip of the blade along the stone floor. The awful scraping sent a chill down Mug's back, like the sound of nails on a chalkboard would. It then lifted the sword and swung it down towards the child. The black holes watched as the blade crashed to the ground as its prey ducked out of the way.

"Mugman, run!" Cuphead called out, unable to do anything else. The cup child could only watch as the sword got swung around and his little brother ducked and weaved out of the way. There had to be something he could do! There just had to! His cup turned to the furry creature standing next to him.

"You're a coward!" He accused. "Sicking your friend on his own grandson! You're just scared to fight my brother yourself!"

David's imp ears twitched in irritation. But then he came up with a devious idea. A wicked smile plastered across his face.

"What's that? You want to get mauled by your grandfather too? Well, when you put it that way, how can I resist?" Gray fingers snapped and the chains dissolved from the child's wrists. "Have fun!" It spat and kicked Cuphead into the battlefield.

The young cup stumbled forward to find that his brother had gotten far enough away so that he could think for a moment. Cup also pondered on how to go about giving that creature the boot.

We have to get that thing out of him! But how? Mug thought.

It certainly won't be easy. Look. The demon said and directed his attention to the vault door that stood in place of the kettle's lid. The fact that he's taking precautions probably means that the Devil's already yanked him out once. And he doesn't intend for that to happen again. It'll take some real force to get that open. Are you willing to go through with that?

Yes. I need to save him! There was not even a hint of doubt in Mugman's answer. The young mug whipped out a stream of blue peashooter shots from his index finger. He watched as his mutated grandfather expertly deflected them away with his sword. Cuphead had noticed that his sibling was looking at the metallic hatch on their guardian's head. He had seen the demon enter Elder Kettle's soul through that opening. His brother's blue magic shots seemed like the perfect distraction to sneak up and get ahold of the sturdy door.

Without another thought, Cuphead raced forward and climbed up the kettle's back. Kicking off from the rim of the silver shield on his back, Cup made his way to the very top. Gloved hands seized the circular handle and attempted to turn it. But it didn't even budge. The young cup only succeeded in alerting the demon to what he was trying to do. Kettle moaned and began to thrash about. Mug stopped shooting when he realized his brother was in the firing area. Cuphead hung on for dear life as the metallic hunk only became more desperate to shake off the child. Steam emitted from its spout as the creature sent a boiling heat up to its lid. The circular handle became red and started screeching as if water were boiling inside its body. Cup screamed in agony as the heat went right through his gloves and burned his hands. As soon as the boy let go, the mutated kettle flung him off with a quick jerk of the body.

"Cuphead!" Mugman gasped. He watched as his big brother's body hit the ground, stunned and clutching the blackened gloves close to his chest. A pointed boot took a step toward the young cup.

"Stay away from him!" The young mug roared and unleashed a dark blue pulse of magic his guardian's way. It exploded loudly on the metallic hide, tossing the sword out of its hand. He watched as the mutated kettle stumbled around, seeming disoriented for a second. Its spout let out a squeak of curiosity as the eyeholes locked onto the mug child with curiosity. Mug's demon seamlessly made the transformation from its anger at hurting the young cup.

Mugman roared and leapt toward Elder Kettle. Two sets of clawed hands caught one another. Their arms shook as they fought to overpower one another.

"So you're the traitor I've heard so much about!" Hissed the kettle's demon. For they could hear one another's thoughts when they made physical contact. "You may have converted that other weakling to your side, but I will not be swayed! I will defeat you both and become the alpha that I've worked so hard to be! And nothing will stand in my way!"

The hunk of metal swung its body toward the mug child. Mug let go as he saw the knife-like mustache come a little too close for comfort. His grandfather took another swing, metallic body squeaking as it went, and caught the mug's arm. The mutated child winced as the mustache ripped through his sleeve and grazed his arm. It wasn't a big wound, but it still stung nonetheless. Mugman quickly backed away to be out of swinging range.

Let's get him on the ground! He suggested to the demon.

Yes! We pin him and get that hatch open! The creature replied.

With an audible snarl, the child bounded forward, putting all of his energy into the charge. The mutated kettle stood fast. There was no way of telling how it felt about anything. Its two black eye holes showed no emotions. Mugman thrust his right shoulder forward and let himself slam into his grandpa. To his surprise, the mechanical glassware did not even budge. All of that energy came rebounding right back into his own body. The glass skin rattled, making his straw chatter against his brim. Mug stumbled backward, trying to keep himself from falling on his back. His right shoulder went completely numb. It was as if he didn't even have that body part anymore. Mugman was sure it had to have cracked from the impact. Tears bubbled at the yellow eyes as the pain came rushing back to him all at once. The metallic creature made a wheezing sound of strange laughter at its opponent's pathetic reaction to pain. For it would never show that pain bothered it, or so the ignorant demon thought.

The kettle took advantage of the boy being distracted by its feeble attempt to hurt it. A clawed hand lashed out for the child's head. Though a bit blurry from Mugman's point of view, it was clear that Kettle was attempting to hurt him again. Without a thought, the young mug ducked down. The claws barely went over his mug. Yellow eyes watched this movement as if this were happening in slow motion. Claws were not even an inch from his sensitive peepers. He watched as the hand recoiled back.

It was then that the kettle realized that its opponent's movements were too quick. That it would outmaneuver him every time. The mug had to be stopped! It had to be slowed down if the mutated kettle wanted to deal some real damage. Mug heard the metal body gurgle. He thought perhaps that meant it was growling in anger (and he sort of was). But that was not the true reason of his boiling sounds. For it was cooking up something in its body that was sure to put a halt to the young mug's ridiculous speed. Kettle bent just a little, pointing his spout at the boy's face. Out came thick black smoke. Mugman immediately coughed and hacked as it engulfed his mug. His hands tried in vain to wipe away the substance from his eyes, nose, and mouth. Unable to see anything, the little mug wasn't aware that his grandpa had lashed out again. A clawed hand smacked him upside the head. The forceful swat sent him to the ground where he still writhed at the black gas that seemed to buzz around his mug like a swarm of bees.

Cuphead was finally recovering from the unpleasant burning he had received. He slowly got up on his knees, panting along the way. Black-stained gloves still hung tenderly in front of his chest. The young cup looked over to his brother only to see a bladed boot getting lifted up. Its silver switchblade end intended to cut through the boy's head. Cup realized this and called out to his sibling to move.

"Mugman!" He cried. And Mug knew that urgent tone meant to move and fast. Without even looking, the mutated mug rolled himself away from the hunk of metal trying to get in a death blow. Both cups breathed a sigh of relief when they heard the metallic boot crash to floor. That was much better than the deafening crack of a cup's head.

Mugman forced himself up and attempted to open his severely stinging eyes. Tears flooded down his darkened cheeks. A blurry outline of his mutated grandfather fluttered into view. This only lasted a second before he was blinded by the black, noxious gas yet again. It was clear the kettle had him trapped. He could not do much of anything without sight. Mug began to panic. If he couldn't fight, all was lost. He would no doubt be killed. By his own grandfather nonetheless.

This isn't good! What do I do? Mug's heart pounded hard against his chest.

You need to calm down. This isn't over yet. Not by a longshot. The demon tried to convince him.

"Leave him alone!" Came Cup's voice as the smoke continued to pummel his senses. The young cup unleashed an orange charge shot at the demonic kettle. It exploded on the metal body and distracted it enough that it stopped spewing that foul gas. The demon inside the kettle was so selfish and arrogant that it wanted revenge even for that small distraction even though it caused him very little pain. It rushed toward the young cup. Little Cuphead was so dumbfounded by his grandpa's speed that he did not think to move or try another attack. A gloved hand grabbed his body and picked him up. The metallic hunk threw the cup child at its brother. Two glass bodies collided, causing the larger one to be taken off its feet. Cup found himself sprawled down his sibling's chest and torso. He barely lifted his cup to see that Mug's eyes were still screwed shut. Pointed teeth were grinding in utter discomfort. Even his fangs were starting to be stained black.

Kettle rushed back for his sword. Upon picking it up, the blade started to glow the tan color his old body was. He swished it in the direction of the cup brothers. A powerful pulse of energy came rushing their way. Mugman's demon sensed the impending explosion it would create. It instinctively tossed Cuphead off the boy's glass body and to safety. The young mug began to get up when the powerful energy surge closed in on him. For there was not enough time to get himself out of the way.

"Mugs!" The young cup cried as his brother was engulfed in the attack. As soon as the smoke cleared, Cup and the mutated kettle saw that the mug's body was sprawled on the ground again. Mug coughed as his body resonated with pain. It felt as if there was a knot in his chest that was making it difficult for him to breathe.

Wow.... That was quite a punch! The mutated mug hacked and said to himself in a strained voice.

Yes. His demon huffed. And he's getting stronger. We better hurry up and get that parasite out of your grandpa before he becomes even more powerful. He is feeding off the kettle's negative energy.

That's not good!

No. And he will continue to grow if the kettle gives in and doesn't fight back.

At that moment, the hunk of metal approached the stunned body. Cup let loose another charge shot as the sword was raised over its lid. Its metallic body squeaked as it turned to the other pesky little cup that wouldn't let him finish the job. The mutated kettle's skin did not have a scratch on it. Yet its demon was still offended by any attack that was hurled its way. For it would punish anyone that challenged it.

"Hey, over here!" Cuphead taunted. "Come and get me!"

And the metallic body gave a deep gurgle of acceptance before going after the brave little cup.

Come on, kid! We can still fight! Get up! The dark creature urged.

You might be able to do something, but I'm useless without my sight! Mug retorted as he blindly got himself up.

Just follow my instructions.The demon tried to assure him. Cuphead and the kettle are to the left.

Yellow eyes still squeezed shut, the young mug turned his head in the direction his creature said. He had only taken a couple steps when he felt his balance failing him. For Mugman didn't trust his movements without being able to see. And this was starting to have a physical manifestation. Glass legs wobbled as he let himself crouch down onto the warm stone floor.

I can't do it...! Fangs grinded in frustration. Mug felt the creature inside him flinch in alarm. For he had detected someone that wasn't supposed to be in the battlefield. Four small padded feet were trotting towards the enlarged body.

What's the feline doing in here? He asked

....The feline? You mean Kiki's here?! The mug child replied in alarm. A purr rose in the golden cat's throat as she invaded the boy's personal space. Mugman felt something soft and skinny rub across his closed eyes. For she had rubbed her tail on the young mug's face. He suddenly had an urge to try and open his eyes. The glowing peepers fluttered open. A blurry image of the cat slowly became crisp as he continued to blink rapidly. Mug stared at her wide-eyed.

You....cured my vision?

With that, the feline gave a swish of the tail and a sympathetic blink before squeezing herself through a crack in the Devil's wall. She knew that Mug needed her help and she also knew just how to get to him. It was her psychic sense that guided her to the mug child at the right moment. The young mug was in awe of how smart and talented that cat was. Who knew what else she could do? Only time would tell...

Mug pushed himself up to see his big brother dodging and weaving out of the way of their grandfather's attacks. Kettle was charging up a powerful surge when Cup unleashed another charge shot at him. The two sparring energies collided, creating a massive explosion that engulfed the metallic creature. It wobbled and ultimately came down to its knees. Mugman saw this as a prime opportunity to get close to the hatch. He leapt forward and aimed a strike for his spout. A downward swipe to that part of the mutated kettle's body was sure to put the vault door even closer to the ground and easier to get a hold of.

It's time to pop this soda can open! The young mug thought as he kept going forward. Black eyeholes had caught wind of the incoming enemy. Elder Kettle's demon turned itself around so that its shield was facing the flying mug child. This happened so fast that Mugman could not get himself to stop. His knuckles made contact with the substance that was harder than stone.

Augh! Mug silently cried out. The child thought for sure the impact would break his hand. Miraculously, it was still there. Numb and cracked, he sort of wished it was gone. That way he could be spared of the jarring pain that soared through his hand and up his arm. The mutated mug audibly hissed in pain and clutched the gloved hand to his chest.

Kettle whipped back around yet again, knowing that the boy was thoroughly stunned by his new injury. A clawed hand reached out and grabbed the young mug by the throat. His grandpa lifted him off the ground with ease. Mugman grabbed at the metallic arm that held him aloft. He tried in vain to get the grip to loosen. It reminded him much of how King Dice had put him in that death grip and refused to let go until he physically got hurt. But what could Mug do? The metallic skin seemed impenetrable. Kettle, however, seemed to find the boy's windpipe much faster than the die man and immediately cut off the oxygen supply. Mug expected to feel those claws dig into the bottom of his cup at any second.

Thoroughly gagged, the mug child watched as the kettle's blade came up to throat height. It was measuring just where it wanted to slice his head off. Nearly touching his glass skin, Mugman watched as the blade recoiled back. The mutated kettle prepared to strike. As soon as it started its downward movement, an explosion of orange energy came up from behind it. Cuphead had planned his attack just in time. The sword was blasted from his grandpa's hand and well out of reach. It clanged loudly to the ground. The young cup saved his little brother yet again from a death blow. Mug and his demon then realized how close the spout was. An opening! If nothing penetrated the outside, then they must aim for the inside! Both of the voices inside the child's head summoned their dark blue magic to the non-cracked hand in unison. His glove reached out and covered the spout's opening, pouring his magic down to where the kettle's demon dwelled. The metallic creature let out a scream of actual pain. He dropped the boy, hoping that it would stop shoving that foul stuff down into its core.

Mug dropped to the ground. He coughed and tried to recover from that grip without being too distracted by his own nauseated state. The boy waited just a bit too long before lashing out. For Kettle swatted his boy's greedy hand away and prepared to keep fighting.

Damn it! It was so close! The child muttered, very frustrated that he missed the door's handle by very little. If he had reached a second sooner, he would have grasped the circular vault door's rim.

Calm yourself. The kettle's demon has felt real pain now.All we need to do is give it a few more doses of our magic and it will fall for sure. Mugman's demon sounded so confident. But the child started to doubt. For it had been a struggle just to get one meaningful attack in on this walking tank. Mug could only hope and pray that they could do it again. The young mug put himself between the mutated kettle and its precious weapon. He was certainly not going to get to it without receiving another spout full of magic brimming with hope and friendship. 

Olvasás folytatása

You'll Also Like

150K 4.5K 44
After King Dice and the Devil lost the soul contracts to Cuphead and Mugman, they have to find a way to fix the Casino's reputation and their own. Th...
27.2K 890 51
Vivica spent much of her life in containment, being tortured and forced to fight other inhuman creatures before crowds of spectators. Her ability to...
63.5K 1.7K 21
Bendy moves to a new town hoping to start a new life. New to school he can't make any friends. Then Cup comes and bullies him, a reason Bendy can't u...
244K 9.8K 200
Disclaimer,Please Read: This is a story that may contain possible triggers for people who are struggling with different issues in their life. There...