Love is War - Dream

By Kairizx

It started as a battle, for freedom, against tyranny. And became something greater, it broke so many. There w... More

Author's note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Epilogue
Love is War

Chapter 44

10.4K 391 560
By Kairizx

I heard there was a special place,
where men could go and emancipate
the tyranny and bloodlust of their rulers.
Well this place is true, you needn't fret.
with...

Opening my eyes, I had just realized I've fallen asleep on the couch inside the lounge. Suddenly remembering that after Clay left along with Tubbo and Fundy, I returned inside the building to rest, in which was my original plan in the first place. Surprisingly, I felt much better now that I've gotten some shut eye that I've been wanting for quite a while. Although, something bothered me the moment I woke up. This song- there was a sweet voice singing in my dream with soft hums of melody from strings. It was wonderful, to say the least, but who was that?

Well, I truly believe it was a man with a great taste in music. His voice was able to soothe me in a kind way, causing a few shivers on my arms as I imagined being in a place with people who wore genuine smiles. But, I must admit that I was surprised to recognize the place as Manburg with different people. I sat up from the seat, feeling the strain on my muscles, instantly regretting my poor decisions of laying sideways on a couch. I sighed, defeated.

As I stood, it didn't take long for me to find someone. From the archway, a man dressed with just a simple jacket and pants leaned his side to the frame, looking at me. Obviously confused, I raised both my eyebrows.

" Come on, follow me. " Quackity ordered, slightly moving his shoulder instead of his hands that were completely hidden inside the pockets of his jacket. Normally, I would've taken the chance and ask, but this time was different as I followed behind him immediately.

" Sapnap, "

I halt my tracks along with Quackity, since I was behind him, I stepped out and came to be surprised by a taller man in front of us. Slowly looking up, I found him looking down at me with dark eyes. Although, I found it rather funny with how he wasn't as intimidating as he thought he was. I quickly looked away and threw a questioning stare at Quackity.

" Schlatt asked if you can train her before the event, we need more security. " Quackity spoke to Sapnap, rather than answer me as I look at him. I huffed lightly after being ignored.

" Security? You using this as a security guard? " Sapnap looked away from him and down at me, again. He was clearly doubting me as his eyes trailed up and down on me with a deep frown. I heard a sigh from Quackity, before he stepped a little closer to Sapnap and whispered to him which I couldn't hear. Though, I was fairly confident that it was about me as the man named, Sapnap, threw me a look.

" I'll be leaving, I have a lot of stuff to do. " I glanced at Quackity, just noticing the heavy bags under his eyes, showing signs that he hasn't been sleeping properly these days and his voice was rather raspy. Knowing Schlatt and their relationship, I guessed this was because Schlatt tends to be strict against him and always had things his way, rather than letting his Vice speak. But as I don't want assuming things, I looked away and looked up at Sapnap.

" Yes, I know you- Samantha, no need for Intros and let's get on with this. " He turned his back on me and picked up an iron sword from the ground. I frowned even more, I wasn't even going to say anything.

I rolled my eyes and stepped to the far end, facing him after succesfully catching the sword he tossed me with no warning. Fortunately, he was impressed but I didn't know he'd be a lot more brutal. He quickly charged at me with full speed, which ended with me on the ground, my breathing hitched as I stared at the end of his blade on my face. Sapnap sighed, quite disappointed before retreating his sword.

" See what I mean? " He mumbled to himself.

I scoffed. " It's 'cause you caught me off guard, you should've at least told me? I don't even know the basics yet! "

" This is the basics! "

Oh, for fuck sake. I muttered incoherent curse words as I glared at him. This was our first meeting, yet I already know- we both know, that we won't get along soon.

" Excuse me, "

We both snapped our heads to the side, scaring the poor guy as he stood there, frozen by our deathly glares and the heavy tension that we both created. He scratched the back of his neck and coughed awkwardly.

" Can I borrow Sapnap for a second? " He kindly asked with a sweet smile. I raised both my eyebrows and glanced at Sapnap. What could a seemingly nice guy want with this buffoon?

" Yeah, take your time. " I returned the smile, suddenly recognizing him for the same guy that walked along with Quackity to Schlatt's office. Once him and Sapnap had gone along their way, I noticed the embroided initials on the fabric of his colorful jacket, or at least that's what I guessed it was.

With a shrug, I looked away from the two and roamed around the field- by that, I walked around in big circles, hoping an idea would make itself in my mind for what I could do while waiting. But nothing did, of course nothing did. I sighed tiredly and took a seat above the grass. It was in the Afternoon already and the sun rays were practically burning any thing it could touch, making me somewhat squirmish at the feeling of hot grass.

" Good Afternoon. "

My shoulders raised at the sudden voice blurting out of nowhere. I turned around, not even surprised to see him again with his hands inside the pocket of his pants.

" What are you doing here? "

" Exploring. "

I let out a sarcastic scoff. " Aren't you tired? That's what all you've been doing for the past- I don't know, years, maybe? "

Clay walked towards me, blocking the harsh sunlight after stopping beside me. My squinted eyes soon relaxed, as I looked up at him, finally getting a clear sight of his face. He was smiling down at me, or rather a playful smirk while showing off his tall height.

" Why would I get tired over something I love? "

I playfully moved my head from side to side, finding the word love quite hilarious.

" Why are you laughing? " He asked with a chuckle, along with a wheeze that I could barely make out.

" First of all, I'm not laughing. " I raised my finger in front of his face, before making it double. " Second; doesn't mean you love it, you can't get bored of it. "

" Really? "

I nodded. " Yes, want an example? " For a second, Clay looked at me with an amused smile before nodding as if expecting me to joke about it. " Men that cheat over their wives. "

Just then, the silence didn't last as he errupted in to a fit of laughter. My eyes widened as I listened to his ridiculous wheezing and constant moving whenever his laugh started worsening. I couldn't help but break a bashful smile as I turned my head away and raised a hand to cover my lips.

" What is wrong with you? " Clay laughed loudly.

" Many things, although I prefer not to say about it. " I answered with sarcasm, containing my laughter as I straightened my back. After a while, he finally calmed down a bit and sighed, obviously out of breath after laughing like that.

" All jokes aside, what are you doing here? " He asked me, his gaze landing on the iron sword beside me.

" Training with Sapnap. " I pierced my lips together with a distasteful frown, suddenly remembering that I'd have to face him again to continue our session. Although, I was too focused on my thoughts that I didn't notice how Clay tensed up beside me. " Have you met that guy? "

" No, I don't think so. " He answered, a little too fast for my liking. I looked at him for a second, searching for the reason why he seemed tensed and worried. But, I couldn't find any. I shoved my assumptions away and went back to rambling about Sapnap.

" He's rude, very rude. Like, can't you believe it? He just charged at me without warning- I get it, that's what happens in battles but I'm completely naive when it comes to this! " I complained and grabbed the sword to inspect it, my frown deepening as this reminded me of a faceless man. " He's just like him. "

" Who? "

I stopped myself, thinking if I should tell him, considering that he doesn't know him, at all. But I guess it wouldn't hurt to tell him about that guy.

" He's an enemy, and well, I see him as a big idiot, okay? I kind of see similarities between those two. " I scoffed and impaled the ground between my legs with the sword's blade, just so I could lean on it. Clay watched me carefully, seemingly curious to who I was talking about.

" Sapnap and whoever you're talking about, are jerks, is what I'm guessing? "

" Yes, kind of. " A laugh made it's way out of his mouth at my response. I simply sighed irritably and hugged my legs.

" Tell me more about this jerk? Maybe tell me of his name as well, who knows? I might know this guy. " Clay propped one of his legs up and leaned his elbow on his knee, insisting me to tell him more.

" His name is Dream. "

He smirked, making me raise an eyebrow. He simply shook his head gently and nodded, signalling me to continue. But I had a feeling that he was enjoying this, in someway, making feel a little too embarrassed to continue.

" Why do you look like that? You look stupid. " Clay's eyes, body and attention was fully on me. I wasn't sure how to react when it came to situation like this, specially when I feel embarrassed- a feeling I don't usually encounter with.

He raised both his eyebrows and poked the inside of his cheek with his tongue, trying to look oblivious- but that doesn't work with me, unfortunately for him. I raised my hand and knocked my knuckle on to his forehead. I frowned afterward when he failed to give me the reaction I wanted.

" That- "

" Just tell me more, come on. " He continued to insist. I grew annoyed of his persistent trait and knocked harder on his forehead, causing a groan as he held the throbbing part of his face. I smirked in accomplishment. Before I could retort a come back, I started hearing Sapnap's voice slowly getting closer to where we were. I stood up from the ground and Clay looked at me curiously, before he also heard what I was listening to. Unlike mine, he stood up a lot quicker and seemed to be in a state of slight panic.

" I have to go back. " He said before placing his hand on top of my head, ruffling my hair slightly as he took a different road back. Leaving me flustered for Sapnap to witness, earning me a weird look from him as well.

" What's a witch doing here? " He asked sarcastically, pointing at my messy hair that Clay caused after ruffling it. I immediately tried to fix it by pulling it all up in to a ponytail, ignoring Sapnap as I picked up the sword and went back to my position.

___

" Do you know where Sam is? " Tubbo asked once finding Eret standing far from everyone as he continue to eat the food on his plate. But with Tubbo's noticeable voice, he immediately looked up and realized the boy was walking towards him. Before Tubbo could repeat the same question, Eret shook his head.

" I haven't seen her all afternoon, as well as you. " Eret quickly took a sip of his water and stared at Tubbo with a knowing look.

All afternoon, him and Niki were the only ones' together while Fundy was always busy with anything he could come up with as an excuse. Only the both of them had talked about Tubbo, wondering where he could've gone to. Although, Eret had to reassure Niki he is completely fine, now that he knows about the brunet's secret journeys to Pogtopia. He could've assumed Tubbo came back from that place, but something tells him it was a different case scenario.

Eyes wide, senses heightened, Tubbo looked around with a worried expression. Lucky for him, Schlatt and Quackity were busy talking in private while both enjoying their dinner inside the White House. He let's out a shaky sigh before taking a deep breath.

" Dream is here, he's helping to find any clues on what's going on with Samantha. Wilbur arranged this plan last night when I came to visit them. " He explained with a low whisper, wanting no more than only for Eret to hear.

" Are you sure that would work? " Niki suddenly walked beside them, stopping as she held a plate with a slice of cake that both boys knew she made. She offered this to Tubbo with a smile, unknown to the two that she was trying to be less suspicious while speaking.

Eret and Tubbo exchanged worried looks. Niki sighed deeply as she turned around for a mere second, checking if someone was behind or a little too close for their liking. Then, she spotted Fundy, locking their eyes together as he stood silently behind. A soft smile appeared across her face, relieved that he was finally back, without having to excuse himself constantly.

" Schlatt won't give you anything. " The fire from the torches flickered as it slowly died down, causing the place to lose it's source of brightness. The only one left was the torch inside Fundy's hand, holding it with a secured grip, just so it wouldn't fall out. Everyone looked at each other, anxious of the eerie place.

Fundy moved his head to the side, motioning for the set of chair by the side for them to sit on with a small pile of sticks by the Middle. He dropped the torch down, letting the fire spread along the wood. Firey wood started to crackle as some bits burnt to a crisp. Tubbo watched this as he held his hands over the fire, warming himself from the cold night.

" Trust me, I tried as well. " He admitted, disappointment lacing his tone as Niki gave him a sympathetic pat on the back.

" I'm sure there's more ways- "

" Even killing him won't do it, Tubbo. He knew he'd win against us if he took Samantha, and we all know he won't heistate to do it again. " Fundy immediately stopped Tubbo from trusting too much faith in to a good ending, just for this second. He wanted to clear everything that was in his mind, just so everyone could realize this.

Eret frowned, Niki covered her mouth with a silent gasp, while Tubbo was frozen.

" You don't mean... "

" Schlatt will kill her, if it means he'd keep winning. "

_____________________

smart furry :O

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16.1K 371 12
After losing your friends, your home, your love, you knew that there was nothing or nobody to make you happy. Everything was taken from you and the o...
7.8K 245 10
im so sorry if you see this without context. silly name, serious fic lol. tw for death and toxicity ig. HAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHA IM SO SORRY
571K 21.4K 53
i've spent all of the love i saved, we were always a losing game. 𝙄𝙉 𝙒𝙃𝙄𝘾𝙃 the boy king falls in love with the pauper, but the two star-crosse...
130K 4K 55
Sometimes two people have to fall apart to realize how much they belong together. If I knew what time it was that night, would I have still met him...