The Royal Arrangement

By anamika200

Jai Singh Rathore is the prince of Ajmer. Even though the monarchy is no longer at play in India, Royalties d... More

Brief Background
Chapter 1: The Meeting
Chapter 2: Who is she?
Chapter 3: Again So Soon!?
Chapter 4: Clumsiness and Cuteness Together is a Killer
Chapter 5: No More Embarrassment Please
Chapter 6: Start of Something New
Chapter 7: Talk about exiting in all Swag
Chapter 8: She swagged off
Note
Chapter 9: He is such a big...
Chapter 10: Forgive Me
Chapter 12: What are you?
Chapter 13: Best Sleep Ever
Chapter 14: Keep Your Hands Off
Chapter 15: I am not jealous
Chapter 16: The Dress
Chapter 17: One Step Closer
Chapter 18: Fiancee?!
Chapter 19: You are the one for me
Chapter 20: All over the place
#IMPORTANT#
Chapter 21: Remember this Universal Formula
Chapter 22: Permission!
Chapter 23: Inappropriate Suitors
Chapter 24: Back Home
Note
Chapter 25: Another Party, Another Suitor
Chapter 26: This is it
Chapter 27: New Day, New Beginnings
Chapter 28: Eating and Teasing
Chapter 29: Tricks and Treats
Chapter 30: First Date with Miss Sarcastic
Chapter 31: The Day of the Engagement
Chapter 32: The Surprise
Chapter 33: Midnight Conversations
Chapter 34: My Lioness!
Chapter 35: Surprise Meeting
Chapter 36: Knocked Off
Chapter 37: Oh Boy!
Chapter 38: The Marriage
Chapter 39: Post Wedding Rituals
Chapter 40: Sassy Mornings
Chapter 41: First Fight
Chapter 42: Marital Bliss
Chapter 43: First move
Chapter 44: I Like You Too
Chapter 45: Celebrations
Chapter 46: I Love You
Chapter 47: Revelations, Hurt and Confessions
Chapter 48: Rendezvous
Chapter 49: Love & Jealousy
Chapter 50: This is it
Epilogue
#Maira's Pregnancy Bonus#
New Story Announcement
COMPLETED

Chapter 11: In for a Surprise

8.4K 404 14
By anamika200

Maira's POV:
"Thank you Prince Jai for this much awaited tour. I honestly appreciate you showing me around."
It was pretty late by the time we came back to our rooms and I was still wrapped in the throw blanket as it was chilly and leaning against my door.

"Maira can we please go back to first name basis." He looked at me with his pleading eyes. "Well you can be on first name basis with me I don't have any problem." I reply with a thinking face on and I can see his face breaking into a broad smile but I don't think he understands what I mean by that.

Well he is in for a shock then I guess. "I think we should sleep now it's pretty late and I am leaving tomorrow so I need to get all the work done by today morning. Good night, Prince Jai."

"I thought we were on first name basis."

"Ummm...I think you didn't hear me correctly, I said you can be on first name basis with me but I cannot be with you. I should get going now." Saying this I entered my room and closed the door.

I plopped myself on the soft mattress and waited for sleep to engulf me which was honestly just a few minutes.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Next day was pretty hectic with Sir and I trying to wind up all the work and getting all the information we needed. Vijay Sir would be staying a few more days but I am needed back at the office so I would leave tomorrow morning itself.

I woke up the next day and went down for breakfast after packing my bags. I wore am olive green pants and blazer with a black turtle neck. (Maira's dress)

Sitting at the table I saw Prince Jai and King Uday missing, a bit disappointed at the former's absence but not acknowledging it I sat down to eat.

I ate and then discussed some things with Vijay Sir before I was about to leave. After the discussion even Vijay Sir left to go and meet King Uday. I had my stuff brought down by some servant and was waiting for my cab to come.

I still had an hour to kill so I sat down in the living room when I heard some commotion going on and stood up to check if everything was alright.

I saw Maharaja holding his hand to his heart with a pained expression with some difficult breathing huffs and the three ladies all surrounding him, with two elder ones trying to help him sit and shouting to call Prince.

I couldn't have just stood there without doing nothing. I went forward to try and help. I knew that we need to get him to the hospital as soon as possible.

"We should take him to the hospital this second. Let's go."

"There is no driver today and none of us know how to drive. How to get to the hospital and even Jai is not picking up his call and..." I could see them getting way too worked up and tensed.

I knew even the cab I booked won't be here for another hour or so. "Let's take him outside...Maybe some servant knows how to drive or we can get some cab... We shouldn't waste any time now."

Saying this we took him outside and seeing no cab yet and the worsening condition of Maharaja I decided to take matters in my own hands.

"Dia, please get me any car keys." She quickly ran and got me the keys. I sat in the driver's seat with Maharaja, Maharani and Rani Saa all in back and Dia in front directing me to the nearest hospital.

I myself am so tensed and worried that my hands are literally shaking and I have to force myself to focus on the road alongside listening to Dia and hurrying up. I can drive but I am always skeptical about using other's car but I didn't have any option but to drive the car today. Let's hope we reach safe and sound with all my adrenaline and shivering getting the best out of me.

By God's grace we safely reached the hospital and soon the stretcher was brought and Maharaja was taken to ICU. Belonging from the royal family the procedure was started immediately. Meanwhile, King Uday and Prince Jai were informed and they were on their way to the hospital.

We were told that the maharaja suffered a severe heart attack and so they need to conduct an operation. The problem is filling out the consent form as the family needs to give permissions for the doctors to conduct the operation without any fear of prosecution in adverse cases. The time is ticking by and there's still time for the Prince and King to arrive and it's either maharani saa or rani saa who can give consent but both are apprehensive about it. I went inside the doctor's cabin to know the pros and cons and the options available to us and knowing that operation was the best option I knew I had to convince them fast to sign the form to save Maharaja's life.

"Rani Saa you need to take the decision and take it right now. Loosing time is just going to make maharaja's condition more miserable. I already discussed it the doctor and operation is the best alternative we have."

"I cannot do that what if something wrong happens during operation...No, I cannot let that happen..." I cut her off "Rani saa not giving the consent has a greater probability of taking things downhill and we cannot wait for King Uday and Prince Jay to arrive and even their phones are unreachable. I know that this is a very huge decision to be taken alone but maharani saa is not in proper state to take the decision and Dia isn't mature enough. You need to understand the sensitivity and importance of time right now. Taking the age of Maharaja we need to take the right decision now and the best chances are that of operation." Thankfully Rani Saa understood my point of view and gave consent for operation.

It's been an hour nearly since we reached the hospital and Maharani Saa was getting more tensed and even her blood pressure was rising so I thought it was best to send her home but I didn't have any right to ask her to leave her husband here in this state.

"Rani Saa, I think it's best if Maharani Saa goes home and takes rest. She has to look after herself too. We can send her and Dia home as Dia I think is too young to be here seeing these things." Honestly I always felt the ladies judging me so speaking to them directly for the first time was awkward and I was even worried of having overstepped the boundary of the relation we have.

"I already tried but she is not ready to leave. This will take toll on her health and even Uday is not here and I don't know what to do. I am feeling so helpless."

I went to where Maharani Saa was sitting along with Dia and sitting on my knees in front of her. "Maharani Saa please go home. Staying here will just worsen your heath and how do you think Maharaj will feel knowing that you didn't look after yourself when he was ill. You even have to scold him and look after once he is all fit and fine and for that you need to have energy and be fit. You are his and this family's strength, if you will fall weak how will you handle others. You need to be strong for them and look after yourself and others. I promise you I will call and inform you as soon as the operation is done and I will stay here, look after everything and keep you updated untill King Udaya and Prince Jay are here. Believe me."

"Dadi let's go home. Miss Maira is right you are our strength you cannot fall weak. Come we will go home and she will even update us about dadu. Come..." Somehow we managed to send Maharani Saa and Dia home. This time we got a cab outside the hospital thankfully.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

I have been the kind of person who gets panick attacks at the name of hospitals but sometimes you are faced with situations when you're forced to face your fears and I guess for me today is that day. Sitting here outside the OT I have no other option but to stay wth Rani Saa. It's been more than an hour since Maharaja is inside the OT and my palms are all sweaty and I am feeling all jittery inside but right now I have to be there for Rani Saa and others atleast till the Prince and the King are not here.

I put my head on my hands due to the headache and pukish feeling trying to calm myself down and wait for some updates from inside the OT.

"Savitri..." I heard someone calling and raised my head to see the Prince and the King coming our way. I stood up seeing them.

"Uday see what happened. Just today morning dad was all fine and suddenly he clutched his heart and he was having difficulty in breathing and then he started fai..." "Savitri calm down I am sure dad will be okay. Nothing will happen to him I know. I will go and talk to the doctor. You should go home I will handle everything now."

"Dad I will go and talk to the doctor you and maa both should go home. I will take care of everything. I will go and talk to doctor first..."

"Prince Jai I hope you don't mind me interrupting you but the doctor has taken Maharaja into the operation theatre for surgery so I don't think you will be able.to talk to him right now."

"What surgery why weren't we told about it and how, ho-o-ow is this possible..."

"Prince Jai I talked to the doctor and even consulted it with other doctors and they said looking at Maharaja's age surgery was the best option we had and we tried contacting you but we couldn't and postponing the decision for any long could have had am adverse effect on Maharaj's health so Rani Saa have given consent to the doctor for conducting the surgery."

"Who do you think you are to get involved in our family matter and decide whether surgery was the best option or not? What if something happens to him? Can you just mind your own bus..." I did not know what to do. Hearing these words from King Uday I rethought my acts and if I have overstepped my boundary.

"Uday! Stop it. This girl was the reason we were able to get dad to the hospital and she is the reason he has a chance to survive. She has been here for our family and had been looking after everything from the doctor to the medicines. You shouldn't talk to her like this and I gave the consent for the operation. I am no kid to not be able to take a decision. Apologize to her now." Said Rani Saa.

"No bhabhi I think Maira shouldn't have talked you into surgery for uncle. She overstepped her boundary and I am sorry from her side." I hear Vijay Sir whom I just noticed behind Prince Jai.

"No bhaisab Maira has been the strength of this family in this difficult time and if there is someone who needs to say sorry then it's Uday." I wanted to say something but I didn't wanna create more chaos then already is.

Soon I saw the doctor come out of the and went forward to ask him about Maharaj's health but Jay beat me to it. "How is he now doctor? Is he okay? When can we take him home?"

"The surgery was successful but we need to keep him in observation for 24hours before saying anything else. And King Uday thankfully maharaja was brought here on time. Any delay in bringing him here or in delayed decision could have been life threatening. He suffered a major heart attack so you need to be very careful from now onwards. Let's just hope these 24 hours pass by without any difficulty." I was so relieved listening that Maharaja was alright that I didn't mind people saying anything. I am just happy that my decision did not cost anyone their life.

"Ma'am the list of other medicines that needs to be bought. Please get them from the pharmacy." The nurse gave me the list as I got the meds earlier. I felt so awkward taking the list now that all this has happened but I guess the past few minutes have been nothing but awkward. Taking this as my chance I took the prescription and left before I could be told anything.

_________________________________________
What do you think is gonna happen now?
Hey Guys!!!! I hope you are all doing great. Sorry for irregular uploads.

I hope you'll will enjoy the chapter.
Thank you for giving your time to read this story. It means a lot.

Please vote, comment, and share to show your love and support to the story.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

56.7K 3.4K 37
𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐃𝐇𝐈 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐑𝐖𝐀𝐋♡ Bow to the Queen Before Speaking ~ A Beauty with Brain, Sassy Attitude with a Kind & Unique Personality. At just the age...
58.3K 2.7K 39
Ranking #1 comedy romance The royal family of Rajasthan or the ruling family actually. The "RATHORE FAMILY"a well known name in business as well as...
1.2M 38K 51
"Vee..er" her moans echoing in the room. "Yes..baby you are gonna take it like a good girl you are..hmm." Two souls bounded by an arrange marriage...
909K 43.9K 41
"Mr. Raichand, happy independence day. You have been eating my head since day one to get these papers signed and today I have finally granted your wi...