What it truly means to be an...

By Vladimikk

He was Neglected, Bullied, Forgotten and now he is truly broken, what will our Izuku do when all hope is lost... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52

Chapter 2

21.6K 323 251
By Vladimikk

From despair and loss, a new hero is born!

It's 3pm on a Thursday the day after Izuku's birthday, he could be seen in an alley on the ground bruised, bleeding, with both burns and frost marks over his body. If you're asking why he would be in this state. The answer is simple: he was a target practice for his sister and her 5 friends.

~Earlier that day~

As Izuku was waking up and preparing himself for school, he was standing in front of the mirror practicing smiling, since after the years of bullying and yesterday's events he was almost broken. He made himself breakfast, just a simple sandwich before leaving for school, due to his parents neglecting him, it's been 6 years since his parents made him food.

You might be asking why? Well when his sister and him became 4 years old, they were taken to the quirk doctor, to inspect what kind of quirk they had. But here is the sad truth 'all men are not created equal'. This is something Izuku learned that day, after visiting the doctor they found out that Izuku was quirkless, whilst Izumi got a strong version of Telekinesis.

~6 years ago~

Inko became distraught when she first heard that her little boy was quirkless, but as soon as she heard that Izumi had a stronger version of her quirk, she had already forgotten that her son's problems. 

While wanting to be comforted by his mom, he saw that his mom was celebrating with his sister and not wanting to disturb them, he decided to wait until they got home. What he did not expect was that this was the beginning of his own hell.

Izuku was ignored the whole way home, but he thought that as soon as they got home, they would hug him and say "everything is gonna be okay" and "you can still be a hero". But those thoughts disappeared as he watched his mom and dad celebrate his sisters quirk, and take her out for pizza and ice cream while they forgot him at home alone.

As a four year old he needed to learn how to cook, wake up for school, clean his room and clothes, how to get to school, buy things he needed for school. The first few days were hard, he had no idea how to make food at all or how to get to school.

For the whole first week he went around hungry and starving, the only thing he ate was fruits he found in the garden, or bread with nothing on since he was too short and weak to open the fridge. He also arrived late at school everyday that week, since he was still learning how to get there.

Cleaning was easier for him, but he still needed to learn how to clean his clothes. Due to kids making fun of how he smelled, after a few days he found out that if he put his clothes into the laundry basket, his mom would wash it automatically.

~A week later~

After a week Izuku understood that his parents might not help him at all, so he sat down in front of his own computer that he had in his room, and started to learn how to use it himself. His mom always helped him, every time he wanted to see an All Might video. But now he needed to learn himself, after a while he got the basics of it, how to write correctly, how to search up things on the web, and how to chat with others.

While learning how to use the computer, Izuku thought that he could do it, that he could survive by himself. But he was proven wrong, when he arrived at pre-school he noticed that everyone was glaring at him whilst avoiding him.

~a few minutes earlier~

Before pre-school started Izumi walked up to her childhood friends, which were Katsuki Bakugo and Katsumi Bakugo who are twins (both have Explosion as a quirk, they can ignite sweat from their palms creating explosion), Shoto Todoroki and Shota Todoroki which also were twins (both have Half-Cold Half-Hot, Shoto right side of the body generate ice while left generate fire, while Shota is opposite), and Ochaco Uraraka (Quirk: Zero gravity, which removes gravity from things she touches).

As they noticed her walking to them they noticed that she was sad, so Katsumi asked Izumi with a soft and worried voice "Hi Izumi, what is wrong?", as Izumi responded with "It is Izuku he is quirkless. I'm afraid that if he tries being a hero, that he will die. I don't want to lose Izuku, like we lost memaw Nana to a bad guy".

Her friends understood what she meant, since her grandmother was a powerful hero who died to a villain. They knew that villains killed heroes, and if they could kill heroes with powerful quirks, then it wouldn't be hard for them to kill a quirkless hero.

Katsuki put his arm on Izumi's shoulder and said with a smile his idea "We can scare him with our quirks, he might be too afraid to be a hero, since bad guys have more stronger quirks.". In a stupid way it made since to them, but what they did not expect is how much this would escalate over the years.

While they were waiting on the playground, they spread the word of Izuku being weak and quirkless. They also asked others to help protect their friend. This is when Izuku arrived and saw that people were avoiding him, and some were glaring at him.

When the day ended he went to the exit and saw his friends, as he saw them he thought 'yes at least my friends still remember me, maybe we could play together as we walk home'. As soon as he was with them Izumi started to question him "Izuku, what do you want to be when you get older?", with a cheerful voice Izuku answered "I want to be a hero just like All Might, who saves all with a smile on my face" while closing his eyes and fist bumping the air.

Everyone beside Izuku looked at each other and nodded. Katsuki gripped Izuku's arm and activated his quirk which made tiny explosion *puff puff*, this burned tiny holes in Izuku's clothes while giving him small burns.

Izuku looked at Katsuki and said "Kacchan, it hurts stop it", while Katsuki menacingly glared at Izuku and said "If this hurts, then you can not be a hero, you are too weak".

Before Izuku had a chance to respond, he was hit with another tiny explosion to the back of his head, his right leg was freezing due to Shoto using his cold, and his back hurt due to Shota hitting Izuku while using her fire. Ochaco used her quirk on rocks to make the lighter, and Izumi used her to throw them, and before they hit Izuku Ochaco deactivated her quirk to inflict more damage.

After a few more attacks they left him be, as Izuku lay on the ground crying and thinking 'Why me? What did I do? Is it because I'm quirkless?'. This day was the beginning of his hell.

~Back to present~

While Izuku is at school he thinks back on his life, how he has lived with this torture for 6 years. No friends, no parents, he didn't even know any other family members. After they beat Izuku up for the first time, he went home to get help, but when he opened the door and looked for his parents, he saw that they looked at him and then looked back at the TV.

Izuku remembered this day as if it was yesterday, because after he arrived at his room he searched up how to treat his wounds, and to do that at the age of 4 sickened him to the core. After that he searched up how to get stronger, so that his friends could come back to him. Izuku learned later that week that however strong he might be, they would still bully him, but that did not stop him from training since he wanted to be a hero.

Everyday for the past 6 years he had been training. He even got a gym membership even though he was quirkless, the owner felt sorry for him since he had a quirkless sister. They came to an agreement, that in exchange for cleaning and washing the gym, Izuku would have free access and would get paid, based on how much work he does. This was one of the few reasons he was still alive, since he never got money from his parents.

*Riing Riing* The school bell got Izuku out of his deep thought, and as he was on his way home he was met by his bullies. First Ochaco used her quirk on Izuku, while Izumi used hers to lift Izuku 3 meters into the air, after that both deactivated their quirk and dropped Izuku. As Izuku was falling he caught himself by the railing for the fire exit, but his weight and momentum made him lose his grip, making him stretch his nerves and muscles damaging his arm in the process.

As Izuku hit the ground he was hit with a weak flame spiral, he used his right arm to protect his face from being burned, before he knew it he fell face first onto his arm, due to the explosion hitting his back thanks to Katsumi and Katsuki.

This went on for another 15 minutes before they got bored and angry, but before they left they wanted to try one last time. Izumi looked at her brother and with a cold tone said "I know how you can get a quirk", as soon as she said those words I looked at her with some hope left in my eyes, which disappeared right after the her next sentence "Just take a swan dive off the roof and pray for a quirk in the next life".

I felt as something broke inside of me, I couldn't do anything but look down with my lifeless eyes as my body started to get colder. Apparently it wasn't enough for them, since Katsuki and Shoto said one last thing before they left. Katsuki said "if you can't jump then use a knife" as Shoto said "and if you don't have balls for that then swallow some pills", with that they left me on the ground in an alley.

As I was getting up my whole body was begging for help, besides my right arm which I couldn't feel at all. But what surprised me the most was that on my way home, my eyes were hurting the most, I didn't know why but I really hoped that it was nothing. All I knew is that I couldn't take it anymore, today would be the day I would escape from my prison.

Posted 7. January 2021

1823 words

~Author note~
I know this chapter seems long, but I wanted to go in depth of how he was living for the past 6 years, without making multiple chapters. I will try to avoid these long chapters in the future, but when there is a long scene/chapter I will do my best and split it into multiple chapters. Unless you like these kinds of long chapters. I will be releasing as many chapters as I can everyday. PS:I would love to hear your opinions or inputs, if I like the input I might even implement it and give you credit.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

12.5K 366 21
‼DISCONTINUED‼‼ DISCONTINUED‼ a few years ago Izuku was pushed on a rock by his so called bestfriend Katsuki, also known as Kacchan. well there were...
63.1K 2.2K 10
Izuku was a strange child, when he was a kid he found out he had a quirk but the doctors had no idea what it was or how it worked. Because of this he...
223K 1.8K 27
What I did to deserve this? They push me after everything we going through......... ....................... I will get my revenge no matter what just...
272K 4K 25
In a world where abilities such as "quirks" existed in 80% of the population. Lived a boy named Izuku Midoriya who was not very lucky. He was rendere...