Wereology

By Sugar_And_Spice125

FEATURED IN WATTPAD UNDISCOVERED STORY LIST FOR THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER!!! Wereology (Noun) The study of werew... More

Cast List and Welcome!
№1|Enter: Medusa Demgorgean
№2|Welcome to the WhiteClad Pack
№3|Headaches
№4|Hunting
№5|Eyes Of Prophecy
№6|Mindscape
№7|Tell Me The Truth, Vanessa!
№8|Breathe
№9|It's Always A Price With You Isn't It?
№10|I LOVE YOU, KWAME!
№11|Some Things Science Can't Explain
№12|The Full Moon Festival (Part 1)
№13|The Full Moon Festival (Part 2)
№14|The Full Moon Festival (Part 3)
№15|Celaneo
№16|It's Okay To Get Saved
№17|The Night Before Court
№18|His Medusa
№19|Werewolf Court
№20|Patient Zero
№21|International Phone Calls
№22|Dreams
№23|Lastachka
№24|Here To Stay
№25|Brutes
№26|Care For A Doughnut?
№27|Running
№28|Julio
№29|Boom
№30|Lastachka Part 2
№31|No New Friends, Just New Lovers
№32|Tick... Tick... Tock...
№33|Candyland
№34|Stupid Dragons
№35|Lets Make A Plan!
№36|The 7 Mile Escape From Candyland
№37|Loved You Since The Beginning
№38|What Did You Do?!
№39|Aura Imprints
№40|How Much I Love You
№41|I'm Nothing Like You
№42|Don't Eat The Orange Chicken
№43|Costume Time!
№45|Symbols
№46|The Price Of Knowledge
№47|My Most Precious Thing
№48|I'll Be Back
№49|The Camp Part 1: Help Me Understand
№50|The Camp Part 2: Poppet
№51|The Camp Part 3: Cake Walk
№52|You're Mine. I'm Yours
№53|Change Of Plans
№54|Amazing
№55|Scars On The Heart
№56|Wings Were Made To Fly
№57|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 1)
№58|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 2)
№59|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 3)
№60|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 4)
№61|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 5)
№62|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 6)
№63|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 7)
№64|No Thanks For The Memories (Part 8)
№65|Tick... Tock... Boom!
№66|Epilogue
Acknowledgments

№44|It's Been So Long

23 2 0
By Sugar_And_Spice125

№44|It’s Been So Long
◆ ━━━━❪✪❫━━━━ ◆

Loud music blasted through the castle as the WhiteClad pack entered. “Didn’t know dragons knew how to throw a party.” Barron chuckled, shrugging slightly as a woman walked up to him and Medusa, offering them drinks.

Barron sniffed the drink and nodded slightly at the group, assuring them it was safe to drink. Medusa accepted the glass, nodding at the woman. “Thank you.” She muttered. The waitress smiled as she walked off.

“Remember, we’re here to find out where our parents are being held. Make sure you’re not spotted and not fighting.” Barron ordered, gaining a nod from the group. “Now spread out... we have work to do.”

Medusa attempted to maneuver through the dance floor, ultimately ending up caught in the dance. Medusa looked up to see Irvam standing in front of her, winking at her slyly. “Hello, sister.”

“It’s Medusa.” She corrected as the music began to play.

“No, it’s sister. That’s what I call every girl; sister.” Irvam replied, spinning Medusa around. “How have you been enjoying the island, sister?”

“It’s a nice island,” she glared at Irvam, “horrible king, though. You know that throne belongs to Dewei and Amelia.”

“Those idiots?” Irvam scoffed. “Please,” he rolled his eyes, “they could barely rule over farmland let alone the entire Dragon Islands!”

“What did they ever do to you? No – better question; what did we ever do to you?” Medusa questioned. Irvam hooked her by the waist, pulling her in closer.

“You wolves are all scum, belittling, dirty, scum.” Irvam spat, lifting Medusa into the air as they traded places. He turned towards Barron to see he was dancing with Julius. “What do you see in him?”

“He’s strong, dependant, loving, and caring.” Medusa listed, smiling softly at the wolf. “He’s my Wolfie.”

“How cute… you have nicknames for each other.” Irvam gagged, rolling his eyes at the couple. “If I were you I’d ditch the wolf and take a dragon instead.”

Medusa snorted in laughter. “You?” Her cocky laughter only rose at the thought of being with Irvam. “Babies,” she glanced up at her snakes, “what would think about leaving Barron for Irvam?”

Her snakes hissed, rattling viciously as their eyes flashed a deep red. “They don’t like that idea very much, and if my babies don’t like it, neither do I.”

“To be quite honest, I don’t like your petting zoo of hair.” Irvam ran his fingers through it, soon getting bit multiple times by the snakes.

“You don’t touch my babies unless I say it’s okay or they do,” she pulled Irvam down by his collar, “it’s called consent. Learn what the hell it is.” She growled, stomping on his foot before walking off.

“Tomorrow,” he croaked, stopping Medusa in her tracks, “come by tomorrow. Bring everyone in your little posse, and we’ll discuss our deal.”

“Perfect,” Medusa winked at the dragon, “I can’t wait.”

Meanwhile, Julius and his younger brother continued to dance.

“How could you work with them?” Barron growled, clenching his brother’s hands.

“I told you, I’m doing this for the money. The dragons offered me a lot of money to be with them and help create another virus. Way more than I would’ve gotten with the lot of you.” Julius explained. “The only reason I stayed is because I needed a ride here.”

“You’re despicable.” Barron shook his head. “Mom and dad would be ashamed of you.”

“I don’t give a shit about Ulysses and Enyo-”

“Their names are mom and dad.” Barron interrupted.

“Not to me,” Julius cooed, “after this is all done, I’m disowning myself.”

“Are you serious? You’re disowning yourself?” Barron glared at him. “Why?”

“Because I don’t want to be associated with you all.” Julius scoffed. “You’re a failure alpha, Vanessa some freakish tomboy… Ulysses and Enyo couldn’t even protect their own pack! How weak is that!”

“You have no idea what this pack could’ve done for you.” Barron snarled, clenching his fist. “We tried to be nice but you pushed us to our breaking point.”

“Ooh! Look who’s big mad!” Julius cheered sarcastically. “I just love it when he gets mad.”

“I tried to have the relationship I have with Vanessa with you, but I just can’t!” Barron growled. “We’ve tried being there but you keep pushing us away!”

“Because I don’t want to be associated with you all.” Julius repeated. “I told you, Barron, I only care about the money and power. Right now, the dragons can give me both.” A sly smirk graced his lips. “Unless… you can make me a better offer.”

Barron stormed off in a huff. Julius chuckled. “That’s what I thought.”

◥✥◤

Vanessa and Barron sneaked downstairs, attempting to find their parents' smell. Barron chuckled at his sister’s outfit. “Why are you wearing that?”

“I lost a bet to Julius…” she muttered, brushing strands of her velvet hair behind her ear. “He said I couldn’t drink him under the table, and one thing led to another and now,” she motioned towards her costume, “playboy bunny.”

Barron chuckled, nudging Vanesa slyly. “Malakai didn’t seem to mind.”

“Oh, shut up,” Vanessa rolled her eyes, “he should be wearing this, not me!”

“You make him wear stuff like that?” Barron chuckled softly.

“Yes,” Vanessa winked at her brother, “spices up the sex if I do say so myself.”

“Does it now?” Barron smirked. “I’m happy you found Malakai. I’m sure mom and dad will love him.”

Vanessa inhaled sharply. “Yeah…”

“Hey,” Barron stopped Vanessa in her tracks, “what’s wrong?”

“It’s nothing.” Vanessa brushed off, attempting to continue walking, but Barron stood in front of her, blocking her path.

“Vanessa, I’m your brother. You can’t lie to me.” He smiled softly at his sister. “You’re worried.”

“Am not!” She scoffed.

“Your nose twitches when you lie.” Barron tapped her nose. “Just tell me what’s wrong.”

“What if mom and dad don’t love us anymore? What if they don’t like our mates? What if they hate the people we’ve become?” Vanessa whimpered, looking down at her feet. “What if I’m not dad’s favorite girl anymore?”

“Is that what this is all about? You’re worried dad’s not gonna like you?” Barron questioned. Vanessa nodded.

“I’m not the little girl who would stay by her dad’s side on hunts and never go by herself,” Vanesa sighed in defeat, “I’m now the playboy bunny girl who now hunts more than any of the betas.”

“And that’s a bad thing?” Barron laughed, lifting up his sister’s head. “Dad always said growth is good. You’ve grown so much, Vanessa! Dad’s gonna love to see you,” he chuckled at her outfit, “not in that, but he’ll love to see you nevertheless.”

Vanessa laughed, punching her brother playfully. “Shut up…” she muttered as the brother-sister duo continued walking along the castle basement.

“Ever since we found out they were alive, I keep thinking about that one day-”

“Full Moon Festival, when we were 8.” Vanessa finished for him, earning a nod from her brother.

Enyo hummed a small tune as she strung stings of moonflowers along the pillars in the courtyard, almost falling off the ladder when two pups, white and chocolate brown, rushed by.

“Barron! Lawrence! Slow down.” She chuckled, climbing down the ladder to see the two pups wrestling.

“For god's sakes, Poppet! You’re supposed to be helping the Luna with decorations.” Robin reminded the british pup, watching as the chocolate brown wolf morphed back into his human form.

“Sorry, mom. Barron and I were just having some fun.” Lawrence chuckled, tackled the soon to be alpha, getting back into another tussle. Robin sighed, shaking her head.

“Don’t worry, Robin. It’s alright,” Enyo smiled at her friend, rubbing her shoulder. “So,” Enyo smirked, “you and Grant, huh?” She winked at the Delta across the courtyard. “I heard that the little delta got eyes for you~”

“Enyo!” Robin blushed. “Shh!” She placed her finger over her lips. “Lawrence doesn't know about Grant yet.”

“It’s kinda obvious, don’t you think?” Enyo giggled, carrying the basket of moonflowers as she began working on the next pillar.

“Not to Lawrence at least.” Robin muttered, shrugging slightly. “But he’s 8… he doesn't know a thing about love.”

“You and the alpha got anything planned for the Full Moon tonight?” 

“Well-” before Enyo could reply, another pair of wolves, one midnight blue wolf while the other a sleek silver, came rushing in, tackling each other to the ground.

“Gotcha!” The silver wolf cheered, morphing back to reveal Declan.

“No way!” Ulysses morphed back into his human form.

“Yes way!” Declan punched his fellow alpha playfully.

“Enyo,” Ulysses turned towards his mate, “who tackled who?”

“Declan tackled you.” Enyo replied, her attention never leaving the flowers.

“Ha! Even your mate agrees with me!” Declan stuck out his tongue, taunting him.

Ulysses walked over to Enyo, hooking her waist as he pulled her in close. “You ready for tonight?”

“You mean hunting, right!” Barron bounced on the balls of his feet. “Montego’s dad said there’s a lot of food out tonight!”

“Not what I was referring to but, yes, the hunt.” Ulysses ruffed his son’s fur. He crouched down beside Barron. “See anyone you wanna hunt for tonight?”

“Ulysses, he’s 8.” Enyo chuckled. “He hasn’t found his mate yet.”

“You never know.” Ulysses shrugged, turning towards his son. “So, have you?”

Barron shook his head. “Normally I just hunt for mom or Vanessa.”

“Last time I checked, it was the other way around.” Vanessa smiled, jumping on her brother’s back. “Imma get you something big, baby bro!”

“You don’t have to, Vanessa.” Barron chuckled.

“Well, if I don’t hunt for you, you won’t eat.” Vanessa hooked her arm around his neck, giving him a noogie.

“Vanessa!” Barron yelled as his sister tackled him.

Ulysses and Enyo laughed at their children. They truly were a delight. Ulysses scooped up Vanessa as Enyo scooped up Barron. “The Full Moon isn’t all about hunting.” Enyo said, pulling out one of the moonflowers and placing it in Vanessa’s hair.

“While hunting is one of the fun parts of the Full Moon, it was created to show admiration for one's mate.” Enyo kissed her mate’s cheek.

“I don’t get it.” Vanessa tilted her head. “The hunt is the best part of the Full Moon!”

“For pups, yes. The hunt allows them to find animals for friends and potential mates, but for adults, the hunt is nothing compared to what comes after.” Ulysses winked slyly at Enyo.

“But we go to bed after.” Barron was even more confused.

“Honey, pups go to bed. Adults have matings.” Enyo explained, sitting at one of the tables. “The mating is a, um,” Enyo stopped herself, realizing how young her children were, “it’s when wolves allow themselves to connect intimately.”

“What do you mean?” Vanessa questioned.

“The mating lets mates be intertwined in pure pleasure.” Enyo sighed in delight, thinking back to when she first mated with Ulysses.

“Hunting still sounds better to me.” Barron shrugged. Vanessa nodded in agreement.

“Barron,” Enyo turned Barron towards Lawrence. The family watched as the chocolate brown wolf nudged a dead jackrabbit towards Ayame, “look at Lawrence.”

“Okay, so, he got food for Ayame. He's been doing that a lot lately.” Vanessa shrugged.

“Him and Ayame have been hanging out a lot lately, huh?” Ulysses smirked. Vanessa nodded.

“Yeah, they’re getting offly close.” Barron replied. “Wait…” Barron’s eyes widened, “is she his-”

“Mate? Yes.” Enyo nodded, stroking Barron’s head. “For now, they’ll be friends, but soon… when they’re older… it’ll form into something magical.”

“Is that what it’s like for you and dad?” Vanessa inquired.

Ulysses nodded. “Yep. The moment I saw your mother,” he smiled up at Enyo, “it was like the entire world came into focus.”

“Focus?”

“Yeah. Like the world without him was so unfocused… everything was blurry and fuzzy…” Enyo shook her head, cringing at the thought of life without Ulysses. “But when he saved me from those hunters, my entire life came into focus.”

“One day you will feel this, too,” Ulysses kissed the top of Vanessa’s head, “you’ll find someone who’ll put you into focus.”

Vanessa curled up in her father’s lap. “I want someone who makes delicious food, just like Uncle Mike.”

“What about you Barron?” Enyo asked, kissing his cheek.

“I want someone who is smart, just like mom…” Barron yawned, resting his head on his mother’s chest.

What that didn’t know at the time was that they’d find people just like the ones they’d describe.

Vanessa sighed. “Do you think the Moon Goddess was listening?”

“Of course,” Barron smiled, “why do you think she brought us Malakai and Medusa?”

Vanessa chuckled. She was about to say something else, but Barron placed his arm in front of her body, stopping his sister in her tracks. Barron sniffed around, the smell of rose and kunzena wafting in the air.

“Mom!” Vanessa rushed towards the smell, her black eyes beaming when they laid eyes on her mother and father.

“Barron! Vanessa!” Enyo cheered, rushing towards the cell bars to hug her daughter. The cool steel rubbed up against her skin, reminding her of how close but yet so far she was from her pups. “Look at you… oh gods,” she stroked her childrens’ cheek, “you’re so beautiful and handsome.”

Barron leaned into his mother’s touch. He whimpered slightly, tears forming in his eyes. Years he spent without his mother... the soft tunes she would hum every night as he laid in her arms were a distant memory. Now, with her back, a flood of emotions filled him.

He chuckled, tears streaming down his cheeks. “I missed you mom…” he whispered, his tears falling onto his mother’s soft hand.

“I missed you too, sweetie.” Enyo leaned in as close as she could get to kiss his forehead.

She turned towards Vanessa, hugging her daughter tightly. “I missed you too, my little pup!” She stroked her hair. “You’re beautiful.”

“Thanks, mom.” Vanessa blushed slightly.

Vanessa gazed into her mother's blue eyes, sighing in relief. For so long, she had no mother figure, nobody to look up to, nobody to help her through heartbreak or teach how to put on makeup. Vanessa’s tears trickled down her cheeks. “Mommy…” she whimpered, “I missed you so much.”

“Enyo,” Ulysses stirred awake, turning towards the cell bars to see his children. “Va-Vanessa?! Barron?!” He sprouted up, running towards his pups and embracing them in a loving hug.

“My little pups are all grown up…” he whimpered slightly, smiling at his children. “How’s the pack, Barron? Irvam told me you took it back after Julius took control.”

Barron nodded. “It’s doing great, dad. We started letting in more wolves, and even non wolves.”

“Especially his mate.” Vanessa chuckled, earning a shocked look from her father.

“Mate?” Ulysses eyes widened.

“Her name’s Medusa.” Barron blushed slightly.

“That’s a wonderful name.” Enyo smiled brightly. “Do you love and respect her?”

“Of course, mom.” Barron nodded, gaining a pat on the shoulder from his father.

“That’s great.” Ulysses chuckled, turning towards Vanessa. “Vanessa…” he began. He’d missed out on so much of his daughter’s childhood. Now she was all grown up, and just as beautiful as her mother. “Look at you…” he chuckled, pulling her in for a hug, “oh gods, you look just like your mother… beautiful and regal.”

He glanced at her outfit, bursting out in laughter. “What are you wearing?”

“I lost a bet to Julius,” Vanessa shook her head, “but it doesn't matter,” she hugged her father tightly, “all that matters is that you’re here and we’ll get you out. I promise.”

~A/N~

Now. Normally I'll do some happy how are u. Not tonight.

Tonight I want to tell u about the shit that happened on Capital hill. Pro-tump supporters raided the capital building while Congress tries to certify Biden win.

This is disgusting and extremely unacceptable.

What kind of people raid an important office like a Capital building?!

This is the type of shit that gets me pissed the fuck off.

Now, I don't want to rant any long but please stay safe and be smart everyone. Were in a damn pandemic for gods sakes.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

882 22 16
Last edited March '24 Message from Elisa: Who bites a strange? Like seriously, Hunter McKenzie just bit me, he bit me! Now he is calling me his mate...
33 0 6
Ellora Teagan never knew any other kind of life. Always trapped in the same place, caged by false bonds. A century passed and in a moment of pure ch...
29.2K 84 16
Gabby comes home from a two year long boarding school experience. But things aren't quite as she remembered. Times have changed, new things have take...
104K 4.3K 38
Lets just say that Im a Werecat, and Im about to make Werewolf history! ...