Shifting Boundaries | Ryujinx...

By itzyeddeong

Two broken hearts from the past. Two blooming hearts in the present. Is there any other chance that two young... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Epilogue
ANNOUNCEMENT
IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter 45

5K 194 232
By itzyeddeong

Gyuri's POV

Heejin playfully flicked her fingers on my forehead, bringing me back to my senses.

"You shouldn't try to drink again, dumbass." she tried getting up but I pulled her back to my side as I buries my face on her neck.

"When Yeji comes back, you should apologize to her, Heejin-ah..." I murmured. I felt bad for Yeji but as the same time I feel bad for Heejin. For me, everyone deserves forgiveness.

"And who are you to command me? You're just a junior, Gyul. I tried with Ryujin but did you see how she reacted? I don't want to get killed with her stares and actions." Heejin said with a laugh.

"She really can become out of control sometimes but it's important to apologize, Heejin. " I said.

"Why do you want me to apologize? Why are you so eager to reach out for my apology? Gyuri, you're out of this. You're just their friend and you're just a total student for me." she stated.

I heavily sigh. If only Ryujin accepted it already then everything would've been fine.

"Here, do you want Yeji to receive a sincere apology? Because if not, then stop annoying me already because she couldn't get it from me. I am like this and I'll always be like this." Heejin stated as she totally got out of bed. I attentively handed her the blanket to cover her body.

"You're not like that...Yves told me you're not like that. It's not too late to change, Heejin. I can change you—"

"Look at you, Gyuri. You're not even wearing complete uniform in school. And for all I know, you're just being greasy at me for fun, don't tell me you really like me?" she teasingly asked which astounded me.

I thought she knows it already. I've shown it for days...that I like her. I even defended her and all.

I like her...

"I like you for long. I just—" I was cut off again when she laughs.

"Are you fucking kidding me? So what happened last night means a lot to you then? I don't like what happened last night, Gyuri. Always remember that I'm just drunk and you're a fucking predator." with that, I got up to hold her hand to calm her.

"You like it, Heejin. I know you can like me. You're not a homophobe, you can like me." I mumbled.

"I love playtime and I don't know why I didn't resist but for all I know, I can't bring myself to like someone like you. You're nothing to me actually."

My hand slipped on her wrist. I keep looking straight in her eyes and I don't know what to say...

"B-But you've loved a girl before, you're just being stonehearted. You can change Heejin-ah, no one's going to hurt you here. No one's going to make fun of you..." I mumbled.

"You're crazy, Gyul. Let's say that I loved a girl back then but—that's just before. I became homophobic and I'll always be homophobe. You can't change the fact that someone like you disgust me, every inch of you." Heejin stated. She's not shouting at me nor emphasizing her words. It just hurts... because her words felt real. And I don't want to accept it.

"Hyunjin and you are two different persons. Hyunjin is a girl but you will never be Hyunjin."

"Are you disgusted for real? So are you going to tell all the students that I took advantage of you? Are you going to tell them that I raped you? Are you going to tell them that I put drugs on your drink—" a slap landed on my face before I could finish what I'm saying. I sighs with my head down, feeling... feeling hurt and such that I never felt before.

"Don't worry, I won't do that. I don't want to ruin myself by hearing the gossips that I had sex with a girl." she stated while picking up her clothes on the floor.

"Heejin, why? You told me last night that I'm cool, you thanked me for standing up for you. You told me...you told me..." I tried to hold on my tears but I suddenly bursted with it.

"If the world was not cruel to me, I would love to embrace you tight..."

"Heejin...why do you keep on holding back? Even if the world is cruel for you...you can embrace me...and I'd be glad..."

Since the time I've heard gossips about you, from the day that Yves introduced you to us. Since the day I first heard you laugh, to the day I heard your stories while you were drunk...

I've liked you ever since...

"Did you see how much Ryujin hated me? How can you easily forsake your best friend's feelings? Because seriously, if I was in her situation—I WOULD BE HURT BECAUSE THE PERSON I EXPECTED TO PROTECT AND DEFEND ME, DEFENDED THE PERSON I HATED THE MOST." Heejin stated.

"No...I just want you to apologize to Yeji. I just want everything to be normal again. I just want..."

"No, Gyul. You like me that's why you're doing it all. You decided to come out just because something like that happened? In the midst of their agony? You're inconsiderate freak."

Inconsiderate? I don't know how I became inconsiderate when all I wanted is peace for both parties. An apology and forgiveness.

Yeji's POV

📲
Jinsoul

Jinsoul:
hey yeji

how have you been?

i don't wanna bother you but there's just something going on with gyuri and ryujin's relationship

it's getting worse. gyuri keep on pushing heejin to reconcile with you and ryujin doesn't want that to happen too quick.

i understand ryujin's side tho and i bet that gyuri's just having her hard time understanding it all, she's being swayed by pity. she also said that she  likes heejin that's why the situation became worse. ryujin thinks that she's pushing it all because she wants to make it up with heejin already

can you do something for that? talk with gyuri or ryujin. i know it's hard for you and i'm not rushing you

sorry for this favor. i just can't really do anything and i don't want to see them that way we never imagined to see.

don't think that i'm pressuring you

i just want to help them but i just can't that's why i'm asking for help.

you're way older than us and i think you can clear their mind about it.

i saw you walking upstairs this afternoon. don't worry, if someone bothers u up there just call me, okay?

welcome back. we're gonna protect you so don't be afraid. ryujin's gonna do everything to protect you.

📱

I heavily breathed before knocking to Gyuri's door.

I waited for a few seconds before hearing the door opening. I saw Gyuri who looked shock while looking at me.

"Y-Yeji unnie?" she mumbled while stuttering.

"Can I talk with you, Gyul?" I politely asked. She just nodded with her jaw drop and signed me to come inside her room.

She gestures me to sit on the couch that I gladly did. Gyuri sat on the opposite side with a round table in between us.

"You're good friends with Ryujin, Gyuri-yah. I know just by looking at her eyes that you mean so much to her. It's like, if she could ever wish another sibling she'd wish that it was you...I just hope that you'd fix everything between the two of you..." I stated while looking at her straight.

"She's just...why, Yeji? Why am I wrong again? I...I just want the best for all of us! For you, for her, for Heejin..." Gyuri exclaimed and averted her eyes.

"Gyul, it's because Ryujin badly wants to protect me and she doesn't want anyone hurting me. To tell you the truth, I was traumatized because I wasn't ready for that. I wasn't ready with everything and that instances surely got me hiding into my shell. As much as you want to protect Heejin, to save Heejin from everything—Ryujin wants to do it twice for me." I says but Gyuri shakes her head in disagreement.

"Look, Heejin experienced a lot. We need to understand her...I know she's just playing that villain role to protect her ego. She's just holding back...Yeji..." she closed her eyes, letting those tears flow on her face. "Y'know what? I was...I was too afraid to come out before and told myself I'd just let my feelings fade for her. But then Ryujin told us about you...since then I've always tried to get Heejin's attention. I dug deeper to her personality...to her past...and..." her tears and rapid breathing made it harder for her to spit her words that's why I stood up and went to her direction, kneeling in front of her while caressing her face.

"Let's get to know her together...soon...okay? There's no need to rush things, Gyuri-ssi. For now, can I ask you a favor?" I asked while looking at her. Gyuri nods in agreement, "Can you fix your relationship with Ryujin?"

"I-I'm upset...I supported her all throughout with you and she couldn't do the same with me." Gyuri stated that's why I heavily breathed.

"Let's turn the table, Gyul. You and Heejin are together and I humiliated Heejin in public, clearly making a bad deed just to ruin her. Then one day, Ryujin would come rushing, telling you that she likes me and saying that Heejin should forgive me. What would be your reaction?" I asked and this time, I put my hands down on her arms.

"I'm sorry..." she just bow her head down that's why I lifted it up using my point finger.

"Soon, Gyuri-yah...we'll get to know her better..." I murmured.

My point finger went to her open hand and draw a small heart on her palm.

"D-Does it hurt for real where you needed to take a break? Didn't my shouts and...and support help you that time? I...stood up! Have you seen it? I stood up on the chair to—to cheer you up..." Gyuri stated that made me smile.

"I heard it," I heavily sighed before standing up. "But I wasn't ready for that and everything hit me like a lightning. I was afraid to see a human for days...my head was occupied with spaces I couldn't feel. It feels like I was in void not knowing that someone like you, my family and most of all Ryujin—you're all there waiting for me."

"I couldn't pull myself all together for days, Gyul. Everything was in pain, everything pain went straight to my bones."

"I'm so sorry, Yeji unnie..." Gyuri murmured. I smiled before patting her head and walking back to my seat.

I hope Ryujin would be happy after this. I wish nothing but her happiness...that's all we can wish for someone we love after all.

—👄
i'm back! i had a hard time thinking whether i'd still continue to write or nah but here i am. no much more surprise in this chapter, i'm just slowly bringing back their lives to normal.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

88.2K 3.3K 24
From hate to love there is only one step... Will they be able to cross that thin line that divides them? Follow me again in a Ryeji story, it's my fa...
2.7K 187 17
Shin Ryujin and her lost soul works for an organised crime association. Can she handle having her family secrets unfold? Filled with loneliness and l...
30.9K 1.4K 17
Book 1 of A Timeless Fragment of Epoch A ryeji secret agent/time travel/college au Hwang Yeji and Shin Ryujin were best friends since they were kids...
13.5K 645 39
A fic where Yeji and Ryujin are college students who have formed an unexpected friendship - despite being the complete opposite of one another. One...