Her Beautiful Strength

By RosaDart

**BEAUTY SERIES BOOK 1 1/2** Maddison has just taken over as the first female Alpha. Andrew is the brother o... More

Taking Over
Addressing the Pack
Silver Wolf Moon
Merge of Alphas
This Kiss is Mine
Work Work Work
Going Home
He That Will Not
The Strength of a Pack

The Bank

57 2 0
By RosaDart

Drew calms me as he rubs my back and holds me. I don't cry, I am done crying over Pavel. I used to cry every time he left my room and when I got home and told my father, he beat me.

"You are the strongest, smartest, and beautiful both inside and out," Drew tells me. "I believe in you and will stand by you as long as you let me."

My head leaves the crook of his neck and I kiss him quickly. "You're amazing."

"What happened to you was horrible. You didn't deserve that, no one deserves that," he kisses my forehead before looking back at me, smiling, "Are you fluent in Romanian?"

"No," I laugh. "Mamă used to sing to us in Romanian when we were young. Father didn't like it since it was too... I honestly don't know why he didn't like it. Mamă would teach us songs, proverbs, family names."

"What is mate?"

"Suflet pereche is soulmate."

"And what is--"

"I'm not translating every cute, cheesy--"

"I love you."

"What?" I ask, leaning away from him.

"I. Love. You. Maddi."

"I- I-"

"You don't have to say anything."

"Drew," I land a peck on his lips. "I love you too."

&[]

Two weeks have passed and I've started working at a family doctor clinic in the human town. I work mostly long days and a few nights. I have been able to get two other pack members jobs at the clinic; one as a janitor and one as a secretary.

I arrive home to see Jack and Maddi training. I got out of my car and watch as Jack swings at Maddi who dodges and lands one on Jack's stomach. She had been training and working hard. While the pack still wasn't in a good standing, it had slowly improved. The payments from Fifth Night have really helped as a steady income.

Maddi finishes and walks up to me, I kiss her cheek while she wraps her arms around me. "Hey sexy," she smiles before tipping her toes up to give me a quick peck.

"I'm sure these scrubs just make me look ravenous."

"And I'm sure I smell like daisies."

We both laugh before walking into the house. Kennedy sat on the couch and without thinking passed a file to Maddi who took it as we walked back to the kitchen. Maddi sat at the table while I got us both a bottle of water.

"What is it?"

Maddi let's out an exasperated sigh, "Bills."

"How far behind are we still?"

"Very, and I only have two more weeks to prove to the pack I can do this."

My hand rests on hers, "You can do this."

"How was work?"

"Sick kids, sick adults, a fourteen years old girl hit on me," I told her and she laughs.

"You are very handsome."

"Her mom was mortified."

"You didn't flirt back did you?" she opens her mouth, faking offense.

"Yeah, fourteen is just my age range."

"Ten years younger then you, a sound plan for when you're forty."

I stand and kiss her forehead, "I'm going over to the garden."

"I'll be over later!"

I go upstairs and change into some outdoor work clothes. The garden wasn't too far from the house and was adjacent to where the school will be built. This way the kids and teens can help. Julia has brought some new trees to plant around the area.

"Alpha Andrew," she smiles at me. "I got an apple and a magnolia. I was thinking we can plant the magnolia closet to the school and the apples on the east side."

"Sounds good, how have the kids been?"

"Ally is excited to shift at the next Wolf's Moon. Marcus is ready for sixth grade."

"You're working on a science degree right?"

"And teaching. I want to work at the new school once it's built."

"That's awesome, so you plan on staying after this month is over?"

"I was raised in Killer Wolf, so was Jason. We met and fell in love here. It was never great, it was hardly good, but Alpha Maddison is making it better."

"How does Jason feel about a female Alpha?"

"The Drakes were raised in isolation from the pack. We never knew Alpha when she was being raised. Jason and I agree that she is doing her best. It's hard for us still, but he has a job and I'm working part-time, so we believe it will get better."

"Maddi is working hard to make it better."

"I know, Alpha Andrew."

&[]

"Hello?"

"Hello is this Maddison Drake?"

"Yes," I answer.

"You called about the loan under your father Lawrence Drake."

"I did, thank you for getting back to me."

"Yes, unfortunately I have bad news. I see you have been paying off the debt slowly in the past few weeks, but due to the extensive time and about of interest, the bank associates are asking for the loan in full by the end of the month, all three of them."

"I- what?"

"I'm sorry Miss Drake."

"There's no way."

"Unfortunately there is no exception. The collateral will be collected at the end of the month if the loans are not paid. Have a good day, Miss Drake."

"Yeah, you too, I guess." The phone clicks and I stare at the door.

I'm going to loose the pack...

I rub my hands over my face; trying to think of any possible solution. Not even with the payments, all of it from Fifth Night, it won't be enough. Almost all of Andrew's pay check has been going to the debt and it's not enough.

"Fuck!" I scream, slamming my hand on the desk. "Fuck!"

Jack runs into my office. "What's wrong?"

My fingers dig into my scalp and pull. "The bank wants all of the money by the end of the month."

"All of it?"

"All of it, all three loans in two weeks."

"Even though we've been paying on it."

"They just want the money or the collateral."

"The pack lands."

"We are going to loose the pack."

"No.. no we can't."

I sit there in shock. "I need to start calling Alphas to get my wolves a new home."

"Maddi..."

"Leave," I order him. "I have things to do."

&[]

"Maddi?" Andrew enters the office. He walks around to me and kneels in front of my chair. "Kennedy was crying down stairs, what's happening?"

"We are losing the pack."

"What do you mean?"

"The bank wants the whole loan at the end of the month," he brings me to a stand and hugs me.

"We aren't giving up, I'll call Lyon and--"

"No."

"I'm sure he can help us--"

"No Andrew! No one can help us! Killer Wolf is going down and I have to make sure that my wolves have a life after."

"Maddi we can get through this. We can't loose Killer Wolf."

"But we are," I look up at him. "We are going to loose everything."

"No we aren't," he held me close, breathing heavily. "You have me. You'll always have me."

A few tears finally spill down my cheek. I grab his shirt and cry into his shoulder. I don't want to loose this, I don't want father to take one more thing from me.

This book is part of a series. There is a book before it called "Blonde Wolf of the Brown Haired Beauty" and one after called "Black Wolf Beauty."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

117K 2.6K 20
Luna is part of the Blue Moon pack, sworn enemies of the Black Thorn pack. She has just come of age. It is time for her to find a mate. What happens...
613K 26K 33
**Unedited** Rule number one: do not get attached. It was a simple rule, really, one Jada Warren had no doubt she could follow effortlessly. After a...
797 53 37
**Sequel to 'Blonde Wolf of the Brown Haired Beauty'** **Book 2 in the Beauty Series** Normal- adj.- conforming to a standard; usual, typical, or exp...
35.4K 1.4K 33
Jenifers life has been everything but normal since she met her mate. Now that her daughter is destined to be the first female alpha in over five hund...