Serendipity ( Kim Taehyung)

By taestuIip

"Serendipity is subjective. Not necessarily big things, small things too. Like finding a place to sit amidst... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56 : Serendipity
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue - Part 1
Epilogue - Part 2
Epilogue - Part 3
Epilogue - Part 4
Epilogue - FINALE
NOTICE : NEW BOOK

Chapter 37

2K 107 18
By taestuIip

"You are going to hurt her"

Haneul stares at her mom seated at the end of her bed, watching her sighs for the third time already. She was surprised to see her at the door 10 minutes ago but also sarcastically applauded her bravery to come during the day. Her mother never really visited her during the day, and this is definitely a first.

"I have been hurting her my entire life, what difference would it make?"

"We have been hurting her", Hanuel corrected with a bitter laugh. "What have we done?"

Her mother turns to her, one hand gently massaging her legs as she offered her a small smile. "Let me tell her. I don't want her to hate you"

"Mom, she is going get really hurt. Do you know how bad it broke her when she learned Areum is adopted? For god sake, she has not spoken to Areum ever since that night. What makes you think she can take this blow?"

Her mother sighs again, her hands still massaging her legs despite the conflicted expression on her face. Haneul sees the overwhelming guilt and remorse on her mother's face, wondering if her mother has any idea how terribly Haru got hurt the last time.

"Mom, you forgot her birthday—didn't even celebrate it with her. When she wanted to share her good grades, did you even listen to her? When she was hospitalized a year ago due to a very bad food poisoning, were you there? I know I shouldn't lash on you, but were you for once, put any effort to check on her?"

Her mother is silent this time, her hands stopped massaging her legs.

"When she fainted due to stress and I was here bedridden—I had no idea, and she didn't tell me. You know who told me? Her best friend secretly told me for the sake of me knowing. She fainted, mom, in the middle of her own empty house and no one was there. Oh god, I felt guilty, but I had no power to do anything. I count on her best friends to take care of her"

Haneul grips her bedsheets, holding the inner anger she has been holding all these months.

"When she had gotten the award for being at the top of her class in high school, were you there?", she scoffs bitterly. "Of course, not. Work, what else. When Haru got into college, I was still abroad with work and she had nobody to accompany her. While everyone had their parents or siblings, she had nobody. Do you know how hurtful it was to hear her share these stories while pretending to look unaffected as if she is fine ?"

"I know...", her mother says weakly, head hanging low with glassy eyes staring at the cold floor. "I am a bad mother"

Haneul feels her body shuddering with all the anger she had kept to herself, wondering where it suddenly came from. She was fine when her mother arrived a whole ago but the topic of revealing the secret triggered her. She has spent countless days staring at the windows of her room, pondering about Haru's feelings.

How could her mother just casually said she wants to tell Haru everything? Just like that? As if the damage done is not enough.

"But if I don't say anything, it will be unfair for her"

And that is the bitter truth. Keeping the secret buried in the minds of those who knew sounds like a better, safer option. But that means they are being completely selfish. Playing safe not to hurt themselves yet Haru is still in the dark.

"Mom, I am scared. I can't bear to see her cry again", Haneul sighs softly, folding her legs as she sits up right on the bed. "She looks happier now, do you know that? She has someone now. And to be honest, I have never seen her this happy"

"Haru has a boyfriend?", her mother looks up, eyes gleaming with curiosity.

"She didn't tell me about him being her boyfriend—but I got the gist of it. She does, now. And I just want to thank that guy for always being her anchor"

"W-Who is—"

The soft knock on the door startled them, surprised to see Dr Kim walking in, politely bowing to her mother as he slides the door close behind him.

"Dr Kim!", Haneul grins widely at him. "My mother is here earlier today!"

"Madam Seo, Good Afternoon", he bows again, smiling. "I have not seen you for a while. How are you?"

"Oh my, Doctor Kim! I have not seen you for a while too!"

Haneul watches as Dr Kim talks to her mother, catching up on a few things and also, about her condition. When her mother returns to her side, allowing Dr Kim to do his job, Haneul pulls her mother's sleeves making her  look down at her.

"Dr Kim is Haru's boyfriend's brother", she turns to her mother. "You should thank him and his brother too, for taking good care of Haru"

-

It could have been around 12 am or maybe quarter to 1 am when Haneul suddenly woke up and she could not go back to sleep. She tried her best, forcing her eyes shut but she failed. Thus, that's how she ended up video-calling Areum from all across the globe, asking her to accompany her till she falls asleep.

"Mother wants to—what?"

"Yes", Haneul sighs as she adjusts her phone on the bed. "You need to talk to her"

"B-But—Haru stopped talking to me ever since that night. W-What do you—she cannot do that"

Areum looks furious but at the same time worried at the sound of her mother's plan as explained by Haneul. Haru has yet to forgive her for lying about her real status in the family and she doubts Haru will be able to take another blow. She tried everything she could to make Haru forgive her and finally talk to her again but to no avail.

But she doesn't blame Haru for ignoring her. She understands her completely. Haru feels betrayed by the person she cares the most and she has every right to hate her.

Hence, this plan on telling about Haneul's real identity sparks the feeling of fear as it will surely dent Haru's already shattered trust in all of them—her very own family.

"Areum.....I am scared", Haneul sobs as she grips her phone tighter, sighing deeply. "We are going to hurt her again"

Areum stares at her through the phone screen, feeling a lump in her throat as she thinks of the plan again. There is nothing else to say because deep down, both knows the day would eventually come. Sooner or later, Haru will find out about Haneul's real identity. It's like a silent agreement between the two, fully knowing that it needs to be done.

"I know", she finally says. "The moment we have been so afraid of...is near"

"Do you think she will forgive me?"

Areum gulps at Haneul's weak voice asking her the very question both of them have been asking each other. Her chest feels tight seeing the obvious heartbreak in her voice, feeling for her. As much as she wants to say something to make her feel better, she knows deep down, Haneul knows her answer.

Thus, she said nothing but gives her a knowing sad smile.

-

"I will take care of her, that's my promise", Seokjin sighs to himself, his phone glued to his left ear as he stands in the middle of the living room. "Seo Areum-ssi, I will do whatever it takes to keep her safe—you have my word"

Taehyung watches as his brother sighs again while pressing his long fingers on his forehead, nodding to the phone call before he finally ends it. Seokjin stares at his phone for a few seconds before falling onto the couch, throwing the phone aside.

"What is going on?"

Seokjin flinched at his brother's deep voice, shocked at his sudden appearance. "W-When did you come ho—"

"Just in time to hear you talking about Haru and her sister", Taehyung walks to the living room, eyes looking straight into his brother's. "What is going on?"

Seokjin looks away instantly, unable to meet Taehyung's piercing curious eyes. He needs to think of something to say before his brother catches on.  He was not aware of his brother in the house when he answered Areum's phone call a while ago. The way his heart almost plummeted to his stomach at the possibility of him hearing the details of his conversation over the phone.

"Hyung"

Seokjin lets out a deep sigh, failing to find the bravery to lie to his brother. Looking up, he pats on the seat beside him, gesturing him to sit.

"Sit down"

Taehyung looks confused at the seriousness in his brother's voice but he didn't ask anything. He puts his working bag on the coffee table and takes the seat. Then, he studies his brother's conflicted face, looking like he has a lot in his mind, and it might explode any time soon. He had never seen his brother like this except when he is at work.

"Tae, how is Haru these days?"

"She is fine"

"Is everything going well for both of you?"

Taehyung wanted to answer but instead, he looks to the front while thinking to himself. Why does his brother want to know about Haru? Why does he sound strangely concern?

"Hyung, what is going on? I am confused here. What were you talking about to Haru's sister? What about you keeping her safe—what is it?"

Seokjin leans into the couch, hands resting on his thighs as he closes his eyes. He needs to figure out a way to tell Taehyung about Haneul, fully knowing he is the closest person to Haru right now. If Taehyung knows, perhaps he can do more to make sure Haru is well taken care of when the revelation is made.

It burdens his head and mind to keep this secret to himself. The pain of knowing the truth is going to hurt Haru so much, it makes him restless at night. He wonders if he could share the burden with his brother, it might hurt a little less.

"Are you taking good care of Haru ?"

Seokjin's question made him gulps to himself, not because he doubts of his way of treating her but more to getting some hints of this whole conversation.

"Hyung, tell me", he pleads. "What are you hiding from me?"

"I am not hiding anything", he clears his throat. "I will tell you everything"

"Tell me"

"But...", Seokjin turns to him. "Promise me, you will take good care of Haru"

"What are you talking about?"

"Listen to me"

"I am", Taehyung whines lowly, not getting his brother weirdness.

"Haru is going to get hurt again"

~~~~

NOTE

Hello everyone! Here is another update! I hope this is good T_T. I apologize if the latest chapters had been so....sad and emotional :')).

But then, as a saying says, you gotta feel sad to know the feeling of happiness :"))

Thank you for reading! Love youuu ~

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

44.3K 1.4K 21
He loves you. You never knew. He is always with you but you are so fool that you never know what is happening with him. When he knew about his brothe...
56.4K 2.7K 34
He doesn't believe in the concept of soulmates. . . She longs to meet hers. . . As their paths cross in small encounters of random meetings, will he...
283K 16.3K 65
Jimin's Whore Part 2 You've decided that three months away from Jimin was more than you could take, but is it ever really possible to pick up where y...
597 45 33
Everyone grows as time passes by. Grows up, grows close to people, grows distant from others. With time though, people change, develop different inte...