Elegance | Harry Potter

By potterhy

Slow burn Harry Potter x oc! Evelyn Clermont, Fleur's sister, goes to Hogwarts despite everyone's expectatio... More

A/N
The Decision
Year 1-1 | Hogwarts
Year 1-2 | Sorting
Year 1-3 | First Day
Year 1-4 | Flying Lesson
Year 1-5 | Trolls
Year 1-6 | 3rd floor
Year 1-7 | First Game of Quidditch
Year 1-8 | Christmas
Year 1-9 | Nicolas Flamel
Year 1-10 | Detention
Year 1-11 | Trapdoor
Year 1-12 | Wizard's Chess
Proper
Disgrace
Year 2-1 | New Year
Year 2-2 | Defense Against Dark Arts
Year 2-3 | Eat Slugs
Year 2-4 | Heir of Slytherin
Year 2-5 | Chamber of Secrets
Year 2-6 | Ginny Weasley
Year 2-7 | Duel
Year 2-8 | Dumbledore
Year 2-9 | Polyjuice Potion
Year 2-10 | Basilisk
Year 2-11 | Tom Riddle
Year 2-12 | Diary of Tom Riddle
Year 2-13 | Un-Petrify
The Malfoy Ball
Knight Bus
Year 3-1 | Unexpected Ride
Year 3-2 | The Grim
Year 3-3 | Euphoria
Year 3-4 | Boggart
Year 3-5 | Lonely
Year 3-6 | Storm
Year 3-7 | Hogsmeade
Year 3-8 | Buckbeak
Year 3-9 | Scabbers
Year 3-10 | Werewolf
Yead 3-11 | Brave
Year 3-12 | Myself
Quidditch World Cup
The Dark Mark
Year 4-1 | Pumpkin Pasties
Year 4-2 | Goblet of Fire
Year 4-3 | The 3 Unforgivable Curses
Year 4-4 | Age Line
Year 4-5 | Friendship
Year 4-6 | Ferret
Year 4-7 | The First Task
Year 4-8 | Partner
Year 4-9 | Yule Ball
Year 4-10 | Golden Egg
Year 4-11 | Second Task
Year 4-12 | Third Task
Year 4-13 | Barty Crouch Jr.
Dinner
Grief
Year 5-1 | The Boy who Lies
Year 5-2 | Special Quill
Year 5-3 | Relationships
Year 5-4 | New Rules
Year 5-5 | Dumbledore's Army (1)
Year 5-6 | Dumbledore's Army (2)
Year 5-7 | Dumbledore's Army (3)
Year 5-8 | Dumbledore's Army (4)
Year 5-9 | Dumbledore's Army (5)
Year 5-10 | Christmas
Year 5-11 | Dumbledore's Army (6)
Year 5-12 | Sirius Black
Year 5-13 | Department Of Mysteries
Year 5-14 | Prophecy
Year 5-15 | Dumbledore vs Voldemort
Year 5-16 | Someone Worth Fighting For
Phlegm
Joke Shop
Year 6-1 | Death Eater
Year 6-2 | Liquid Luck
Year 6-3 | Quidditch Tryouts
Year 6-4 | Butterbeer
Year 6-5 | Slug Club
Year 6-6 | Quidditch (2)
Year 6-7 | Won Won
Year 6-8 | Christmas Party
Year 6-9 | Burrow
Year 6-10 | Burrow (2)
Year 6-10 | Secrets
Year 6-11 | Love Potion
Year 6-12 | Sectumsempra
Year 6-13 | The Chosen One
Year 6-14 | Astronomy Tower
Sacrifices
Wedding
Muggle World
Ministry of Magic
Dumbledore's Will
Godric's Hollow
Sword of Gryffindor
Malfoy Mannor
Shell Cottage
Gringotts
Battle Of Hogwarts (1)
Battle Of Hogwarts (2)
Our Time
Battle Of Hogwarts (3)
...
Con.
(Bonus 2)
End of The Story Special :)
Alternative Ending

(Bonus 1)

15.8K 370 272
By potterhy

These bonus chapters were planned for sequels, but I concluded that they aren't long enough to be an entire new story. This one takes place a few months have passed since the second wizarding war.

Trial of Draco Malfoy

Only Harry and I attended the trial for Draco Malfoy. He was a death eater and was thought to be sent to Azkaban like all the other death eaters. No one was interested in the fate of the lost side of the war.

I do not agree with the idea all death eaters should be sent to azkaban. Some were forced into it, like Draco Malfoy. Although the truth is not always heard especially from 18 year olds like myself.

Draco was seated in the very middle across from the judge's podium. It was only the judge, one reporter, and a few other ministry workers for the outcome of this trial was obvious. The judge was a very old man that I've never seen before. I haven't seen Draco either ever since the Battle of Hogwarts though he didn't look at me when he walked in.

"This trial won't last very long and you and I both know why," the judge began by clearing his throat, "You, Draco Malfoy, have been found guilty of joining The Dark Lord and bringing threat to the Wizarding World therefore will be sent to Azkaban for life. Any objections?"

No ministry workers rose their voice in defense of Draco and silence followed.

"The trial is con—"

"I object, your honor," I spoke loudly rising from the stands gaining all the few people at the trial's attention.

"Galleries do not have a say in this trial."

"I'd like to say I'm more of a witness."

"Defending an evident criminal would save you a spot in Azkaban as well, Miss Clermont."

"Draco Malfoy, along with Narcissa and Lucius Malfoy, defected from the death eaters. Furthermore, Draco was pressured into being a death eater. He was given no choice. I request for them to be pardoned from their crimes or at the least, reduce their sentences."

"Trial is concluded as the accused is found guilty and courtroom has no objections."

"I'd suggest you listen to what she has to say, your honor," Harry spoke out from the stands to everyone's surprise. The heroin of the second-wizarding war was defending his enemy. "Malfoy's the one that threw his wand at me at the peak of the war. Without it, Voldemort would still be roaming the world."

"While I take account to his... Redemptive actions, there is no clear evidence he was pressured into being a death eater. His sentence will be reduced to 10 years in Azkaban," the judge said looking at Harry confused.

"Evidence is right here, your honor," I said walking out of the stands and standing beside Draco in the middle of the courtroom. A bright flash from the reporter blinded my eyes for a second before I could see again. Merlin, I hate flashes so much. "He, is the living evidence that he had no choice."

"Not all people tell the truth, Miss Clermont."

"But there is a way to force it out," the courtroom went silent. Everybody was looking at me with unreadable looks. "Veritaserum."

"There is no need for veritaserum when the evidence is clear on his forearm."

"I approve of this request," Kingsley's voice echoed loudly through the courtroom as he walked in followed with another camera flash. Behind him, a very thin and tall man walked in carrying a tray with a small bottle of potion labeled 'Ministry Approved'. The judge's eyes grew wide as the new Minister Of Magic walked in to prove a death eater's innocence.

Kingsley took the small bottle off the trey and opened it as he walked closer to Draco giving him a wink as a sign of trust. Draco looked back at me first before opening his mouth for Kingsley to drop the potion in.

"May the absolute truth be revealed," he said as he dropped one single drop of veritaserum in Draco's mouth.

"What is your name?" The judge spoke looking down at Draco from his podium.

"Draco Malfoy."

"What is my name?"

"Judge Lennon."

"And what are you being trialed for?"

"Joining the Dark Lord and becoming a death eater."

"Is it true that you were pressured into this act? As in, did you or did you not willingly, and proudly, join the dark forces?"

"I did not willingly join the dark forces," Draco said looking back at the judge with hatred in his eyed. "Shall I go on with the torturous days I was put through? How he put someone else's life, the girl I knew and he knew I'd kill for, just so I'd murder the man that watched me grow only to fail at the cost of another brave man's life? The guilt that showered me each time I failed and put the wrong people in danger. Shall I give more examples of why I wanted to pitch myself off the astronomy tower?"

"That'll be enough Mr. Malfoy," the judge said taking a deep breath.

"I've watched countless people get murdered in front of my eyes. And I stood there, powerless, knowing if I spoke even a word against him, my family would be slaughtered. I still remember the screams of victims being tortured. They taunt me in my nightmares as if it's my fault. One of the screams, the most terrifying, being from the one I loved. The one I'd have to watch fall in love with someone else while I was a step behind."

Each time he spoke, the weirder it got. I was aware that my life was being threatened for Draco to be able to kill Dumbledore. I've always thought that would be because I was the only one he opened up to. Now I'm starting to think, it was for another reason.

"May the absolute truth be revealed, Evelyn," he turned around to look at me with teary eyes. He then turned to face Harry, the sadness in his eyes quickly being replaced with pure hatred, "may the absolute truth be revealed, Potter."

A heavy silence filled the courtroom. Draco had developed feelings for me and he'd thought of me as someone more than a friend. I'd never even considered this idea. He was too much of a dear friend to me. Nothing more.

"...Suspect is innocent of all charges for he was forced into the dark arts. Trial is concluded," the judge said hitting his gravel twice on a small piece of wood.

The Ministry workers all cleared out fast and so did the Judge. The one reporter snapped one last flash before leaving the courtroom leaving only Harry, Draco, Kingsley, his assistant, and I. Harry was staring into the floor in silence. No body said a word.

"Draco—" right as I called out for him, he got up and stormed out the courtroom.

"I admire your bravery, Evelyn," Kingsley said placing a a hand on my shoulder. "However defending a death eater with no trustworthy evidence is dangerous and could get you sent to azkaban nor can a gallery state their opinion during court. You were lucky this time."

"Then I suppose I know what I'd like to be after I get out of Hogwarts."

"The spot will always be open for you. You'd make a great lawyer," Kingsley said before smiling and leaving the courtroom with his assistance.

Another uncomfortable silence filled the room. Harry was still looking at the floor thinking to himself, not saying a word. I walked back to the stands and sat down next to him, resting my head on his shoulders. He adjusted his position to make me more comfortable and wrapped an arm around me.

"Good job Ev," He said kissing my forehead.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing."

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah. You're with me, and not him."

"Always," I scoffed.

"I'm guessing you want to work in the magical law enforcement at the ministry?"

I nodded, "I have a big goal and I need to be high enough to be able to accomplish it."

"What is that goal?"

"To clear Sirius's name."

"...I appreciate the thought but even Kingsley couldn't dare open the trial with no evidence. There's no way to prove Peter Pettigrew was alive. He murdered the moment you and I left the Malfoy Manor, remember that? It's impossible."

"It's a necessity."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

156K 2.9K 23
Harry potter is going to Hogwarts. But he's not the only one. He finds that he has a long lost sister. Follow her as she finds powers no one thought...
4.8M 153K 83
" do you have me under a curse, diggory? " " no, what makes you say that? " " i feel completely under your control, and i can't s...
37.5K 580 18
Y'all wanted a Daddy Draco story, so here we go. Carissa Potter is the younger sister of Harry Potter. She's also the more loved sibling by their aun...
85.3K 1.3K 12
Sophia Evelyn Morton. Powerful. Confident. Pureblood. A slytherin girl. What relationship will she have towards Draco Malfoy, Harry Potter and his f...