Climbing The Sky

By Sparkling_star146

When she was ecstatic and nervous of a change and a new step of her life, a wild option was presented in fron... More

1.Change and adjustment
2.Go with the flow
3.Serial of life
4.Tough decisions
5.Being sure
6. Excited surrounding
7. First meeting
8.Think and decide
9. Worsening Problems
10.Second Thought
11. Need of peace
12.Big Step
13.Weirdness Overload
14.Help
15. Search for links
16. Messy Life
17.Solving Problem
18. Danger
19. The Footage
20. Revenge
21. Dream
22. Unexpected Options
23. Hostel Life
24.Good Work
25.Helping in good
26. Mischief
27.Parents and concern
28.Dilemma
29.When you're anxious of a change
30. Insane friends and cousins
31.Emotions of a girl
32. After the big day
33.Days of crazyness
34.Advice from close ones
35.New home,changed life.
36.When you're alone
37.Unexpected guest
39.Silence is the punishment
40.Realisation
41.With Him
42. Match making
43. Excitement.
44.Back home
45. Troublemaker phone
46. Unsaid words
47.Sweet tears
48.Pain before the smile
49.No worry
50.Another change
51.Different expectations
52. End of wait
53. Say hello to a mother
54. Life with a doll
55.Kids and tantrums
56. Keeping them close to heart
Epilogue

38.Lie calls problem

127 14 160
By Sparkling_star146

Warisha's POV

"Warisha, which fuppi?" Nazmee appi was still looking at me.

"Uh..appi..." I shifted my weight from one leg to another, nervous. Alyan was observing everything with a confused expression.

What do I do? What do I do? Wow,my mind is in coma now.

"I'll tell you later..we...we're getting late. Allah Hafiz." I literally ran down the stairs in hurry, not looking behind. After a minute,Alyan also came and sat in the car.

I was again and again looking at him whose eyes were fixed on the road, expression blank.

Why is he not asking me anything? Such a weirdo!

"Alyan.." I called him.

"Just one question, did you lie to me?" He asked without looking at me.

"I..." He stopped me in the middle.

"Just answer."

"Alyan, I..."

"YES OR NO."

"Yes." I mumbled in hurry before ooking at him. He didn't say anything. I could sense him getting angry.

"Please he..." He stopped me with his voice.

"Not now."

There was something in his voice which didn't let me talk again. I looked at him who was totally expressionless.

What is he thinking?

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

He opened the door and walked inside, followed by me in hasty steps. Before he could go inside, I stood in front of him blocking his way.

"Let's talk..."

"No. Warisha, I understand you don't want to let me know that so......don't."

Really?

"It's not like that." I stepped closer to him.

"Yes it is. I don't want to know anything. I'm sure the answer is something I won't like."

"Alyan, please hear me out. Please."

"Fine, tell me. But one thing, if you really have to tell me, don't lie again."

"I won't." I sighed.

"Who was she?"

"You..you promise me you won't be angry." I asked,knowing he won't like her coming here,let alone me talking to her.

"Tell me or don't."

"Just...don't react. She was...Zayans mother." I said as he looked at me with wide eyes, shocked.

"What? You mean...that guy?"

"Yes."

"Oh Allah....but..."

"She was here to talk to me." I forced a smile to lighten the situation but didn't get any from him.

"And who told you this? She? After you opened the door and invited her inside carelessly?"

"What do you mean?"

"I don't think I have to elaborate that." I could sense anger in his voice.

That's not good at all.

"Why would you let her come inside when you were alone?" He stepped closer.

"She is a middle aged heart patient who came to apologise to me. Was I supposed to send her back?"

"And also she is the mother of a man who...who tried to harm you once."

"But she didn't do anything, what's her fault in here?"

"You really don't understand my point? It doesn't matter if she was in fault or not,what matters to me is how could you trust her? How could you let her come inside when you were alone even though I clearly forbade to not open the door for anyone unknown?"

"Calm down, nothing happened"

"Yes, nothing happened. Everything is not so simple as you think. What would've you done if she was here with any evil motive? If she was here to insult you, to say harsh words or to make a scene? Even anything worse! "

"She wasn't, I knew it."

"You knew it, just because she said. I can't believe." He sighed, moving his fingers through his hair in frustration.

"Why are you being so agitated atthis?"

"Then what should I do? Grin like an idiot? Knowing you invited that woman here alone, then when I asked you, you lied to me! "

"I lied to you because I knew you would react, just like you're doing now. Just let it go, I'm fine, she apologised."

"That really annoys you, right?" He held my arm as I looked up at him.

"What do you mean?"

"You don't like me worrying for you, right?"

"Alyan, what are you saying? Why would I think like that?"

Now I was really getting annoyed.

"Obviously you dislike it. That's why you don't care, you lie to me and then even if I react, you get annoyed."

"No..it's not like that."

"Of course it's like that. I really can't believe you lied to me like this!"

"Alyan please, try to understand. I felt bad seeing her condition and.."

"Then let me tell you I also felt bad seeing him behaving that way with you. I don't know about you but I...I felt disgusting at that. How vulgar scoundrel he is! Then what do you expect his mother to be? An angel? A devil came from an angels house? How funny."

"Alyan, you didn't talk to her, you didn't hear what she said."

"And I don't even want to. I don't want to hear anything she says. And equally I don't want you to hear, but alas...like you care what I want or not! "

"What do you want?"

"I don't want you to be anywhere around these people. I don't want them to disturb you again."

"But I didn't go to her right, she came!"

"And you invited her cordially, heard I don't know what rubbish, cried. And what's most disappointing is that you lied to me."

"Please, don't be mad. I understand...."

"You don't understand anything. You don't understand my concern, you don't understand why you shouldn't lie and you don't understand why I tell you to stay away from them!"

"Alyan....I'm not a baby that you have to worry about me in everything. I know how to keep myself safe."

"Fine, do whatever you want. I think I should go away before saying anything stupid." He left my arm and walked in our room. I heard the washroom door close with a thud.

I sat on the couch, exhausted and frustrated of this drama.

What should I do now?

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I was busy with dinner in the kitchen, but my mind was somewhere else. Already my heart was heavy of auntys words, now this argument was making me more irritated.

I came out of my thoughts hearing the sound of his footsteps. He took the bowl of curry and went to the dining room.

When did he come here?

He always helps me with my work. Everyday when I cook, he helps me. Even when we had an argument, he didn't stop that.

That brought a smile on my lips. And made me more guilty of lying. But I just wanted to avoid this, this thing which happened right now. I always noticed him being like this. And that's why, I sensed he'll be angry, he wouldn't like me talking to her. And that happened, just it got more ruined by my lie.

I turned off the stove and washed my hands. Then I went at the dining room. He was filling the glasses with water.

He sat and started having dinner, silently. He was not even looking at me. I also sat beside him.

"How was your day?" I tried to initiate a conversation.

"Would've been better." He replied without looking at me.

"Alyan, please try to understand without getting angry." I tried to touch his hand which he took away.

"I didn't want to get angry on you, but I didn't have any other choice. But for once, if she would've created any problem, what would've I answered to every one?You are my responsibility now, I am supposed to ensure your safety. What would've I done?"

"But I am fine, she didn't do anything. We just talked."

"I don't want her to talk to you. I can clearly see she told you something rubbish that made you sad. But you didn't even want to share that with me when I was wondering if I did anything bad."

"She didn't say anything bad."

"And why should I believe you when you lied to me before just to avoid me reacting?"

"Can't you believe what I say?"

" I want to, I really want to. But after this, I don't think that's easy." He said as I felt tears in my eyes.

Not knowing what else to say, I got up and walked towards our room.

"Where are you going? Have your dinner." He called me.

"I'm not hungry." I said as I turned the light off and laid on the bed.

My head was aching. I pinched my eyes close, trying to sleep. After few minutes, I heard his voice.

"Warisha, have dinner and then sleep." I felt him beside me but my eyelids were getting heavy. He waited for a second before walking away, thinking I'm sleeping.

Closing the balcony door, he laid beside me. Slowly taking my hand which was carelessly out in the cold, he tucked it under the duvet.

And then I dosed off.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Warisha, get up. Are you hearing? Get up and have your breakfast. You didn't have dinner last night." I heard him calling me and shifted on the bed.

"Uhh..go away. I sleep....." I muttered.

"Just get up and eat. Then you can do whatever you want." He took the duvet away from me. And that reminded me of last nights argument.

"I don't want to eat, you go." I said.

"It's not about you not wanting." I ignored him and snuggled more in the comfort of the pillow.

"Stubborn." He mumbled and walked away. I heard the main door close and after few minutes, I got up.

Getting out of the washroom, I went at the dining room. I looked around and he was nowhere, maybe he went to hospital.

I sat at the table seeing that he made breakfast. After breakfast, khala came and I became busy with work as I don't have class today.

After making lunch, I took a shower and sat with my books. But didn't study for too long as I was feeling tired and sleepy. So I laid down on the bed, my mind started wrecking havoc. The happenings of yesterday was overwhelming me. The guilt and anger was making me more irritated.

Fine, maybe I was a bit careless but that doesn't mean he has to react like this. Obviously he can be concerned about me, but he has to understand that sometimes, he shouldn't worry too much as that can be irritating. Still, maybe I shouldn't have lied. This is what triggered him most. And my history about this is not too good. It's not the first time I lied to him, covered something from him. And I am not so proud of that. But every time, the situation and my mind- both suggest me to do that. How would I control them?

I took a nap for few hours and got up before Maghrib. I made some snacks for him and started waiting for him but he was being late today. Maybe he was doing it deliberately.

Or my mind is assuming so. And I hate it for this.

After an hour or so, he came back.

"Assalamualaikum."

"Walaikumassalam." He muttered without even looking at me.

He went back at the room ignoring me. I felt bad, but still I controlled myself. Maybe he didn't hear. Or he's tired.

I sat on the bed with my phone. He came out of the washroom and went at the dining room. Within few minutes, he came back.

"You didn't have lunch today?" He asked me and I chose to ignore like him. Maybe he saw the fridge.

"I'm asking you something."

"Yes."

"I know you're lying." He said coming in front of me.

"I was sleepy and didn't feel like so."

"What happened?" He asked and I looked up at him.

"I don't know."

"How would you not know?" He asked as he kept his hand on my forehead.

"Nothing. You go and eat something." I said, moving away a bit.

"Don't worry, I was just checking your temperature. Can't I do that?" He said in an annoyed voice.

"Did I say that?"

"I feel so."

"Then you stay with your feelings." I got up from the bed. I looked for my sandals but before I could wear that, he kicked it behind him. I looked up at him and glared.

"Now I wouldn't get angry, still you lied first. If you're not feeling well, why don't you tell me? Or you don't want me to worry?"

"And no answer." He huffed.

"What's your problem? You don't let me sit in peace and then you even don't let me go away!" I said as I tried to reach to my sandal but he wasn't letting me.

I glared at him and went at the guest room barefooted, locking the door. I sat on the bed, irritated.

Thanks to him, all thanks to him. No, to me who always ruins every situation with her stupid ideas.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I went out of the room to prepare for dinner but I saw the snacks I made still on the table, completely untouched. Did he ignore those? I quickly prepared everything and called him but he didn't respond. So I went at the drawing room to find him playing video games.

"Alyan.." I stood beside him but he's too busy with game to hear me. I took the headphone off of his ear. He looked at me with raised brows.

"What's your problem?"

"I'm calling you, don't you hear?"

"I had headphone on." He said. I took deep breaths, ttrying to calm my nerve.

"Come have dinner."

"Not now." He mumbled, taking the headphone back.

"Fine." I said, walking away. I sat in our room.

I sighed deeply, rubbing my forehead. I feel so frustrated, irritated, sad, guilty and what not!

Did I do something that wrong? I mean, whatever I did was justified in my view. I knew he would react. But what was I supposed to do then? Behave rude with her? Or should've closed the door on her face?

I got up and went at the balcony. Obviously to find some peace.

After few minutes, I heard his footsteps behind me.

"Come and have your dinner." He called me. I looked behind at him.

"Can we please talk?" I asked in a tired voice. He came and stood beside me.

"Not now, go and have dinner." He looked ahead. I was looking at him, feeling tears prickling there.

And I hate my eyes.

"I'm...not hungry." I said as he looked at me with furrowed brows.

"If you think that'll make me discuss this issue with you, then I'm sorry that won't work. Stop your childish stubbornness."

"Then what should I do?"

"Right now I want you to stop bothering me and have your dinner. Leaving dinner and acting stubborn won't work." He looked away.

I stood there for a minute before turning around to go back.

"Don't you dare think about sleeping hungry."

"Or else?" I asked, turning around to face him.

"Or else...just go." He again looked away.

And that was enough for me.

"Fine, Im sorry, I'm sorry for what I did. I shouldn't have let her come inside, I shouldn't have lied to you. But what to do? I'm a liar who lies on petty things. A stupid who leaves eating and bothers you with her nagging. Why don't you just tell it on my face that you want to stay away from me? What's the use of showing me your ego by being silent and distant? You wanted to show me you're angry, right? Okay, Isaw, I understood. And that hurts me. Now happy?" I snapped at him, trying to blink back those stupid tears. It felt like all the frustration I was suppressing in me just came out in one go.

He was looking at me, shocked. Slowly, he came and tried to hold my arm.

"Calm down.." At least that nonchalant tone was not in his voice.

"No, I am calm. It's you who needs some peace, so have all the peace you want." I rushed inside. He followed me and held my hand, turning me towards him.

"Warisha....listen to me.."

"What? What should I listen? Did you care to listen when I tried to talk?"

"I didn't want to get angry on you. And I didn't ignore you.."

"Yes you did. You did not talk to me, you think I bother you."

"Warisha....Calm down."

"I am fine, leave me."

"No you're not."

"Just leave me." I jerked his hand off and went in the guest room, locking the door. I just don't want to argue more.

Ignoring his calling, I laid on the bed.

"Warisha, what insanity is this? Open the door." He was knocking again and again. I ignored that and pinched my eyes close. My head was hurting so much from all these. Though... It felt light after giving him a piece of mind.

I've had enough. I tried to talk and solve but he sure has to throw some tantrums. Fine, he can do so. Just not in front of me, I won't bear his mood.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Alyan's POV

"Where are they?" I muttered frustratedly as I looked for the duplicate keys of guest room but I didn't find any.

Last night, after yelling at me she closed herself in that room. I called her several times in the whole night but no response. And I was afraid that she was not looking fine last night,she even skipped dinner. She did it for two nights in a row. And anyone could see how angry she was. I just hope she is fine in there. But how to know?

I again went in front of the door.

"Warisha,please don't be stubborn. Open the door. Warisha.." I called her but I can't even hear any movement inside. Is she sleeping or what?

I know her phone is with her but I also know she won't answer. So I called Amaya. I told her that Warisha was trying to call her last night but it showed no connection, obviously lied. So I told her to call Warisha back.

After a minute, I heard Warishas phone rang inside. She didn't answer then again it rang, this time she answered.

Ok, that means she is fine in there. She didn't talk too much with Amaya and cut the call.

I know my calling won't be answered so I kept the breakfast on the table. Maybe she won't touch them, still if she feels hungry, she won't have to go to the kitchen like this. I called khala and told her to come soon as I don't want her to stay alone like this. Then I got ready and went towards the hospital. I'll deal with this stubborn and childish woman later.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

"Assalamualaikum." Arham called me.

"Walaikumassalam. What's up?" I asked, walking away from the chaos between two guardians who somehow got into a fight.

"Worst. Do you remember about the exam today in the school?" He asked and I mentally face palmed. I totally forgot.

"Ohh...yeah."

"Be there by 5. Will bhabi come today?"

"Umm..no."

"Oh, then tell her that you'll be late today."

"Late? Why?"

"And you forgot. Who will help me with the work?"

"But.."

"Now don't you tell me you have to assist bhabi. I want to see you here at the exact time." He said and cut the call.

I called her to let her know, but she didn't receive. I sighed and walked away, knowing she's still angry.

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I opened the door and looked around. It's 8 PM. As expected, she was
not rhere. So I went at the guest room. The door was closed but maybe she forgot to lock it, so I opened it and peeked inside. She was laying on the bed, her back facing this side. I silently went and kneeled beside her on the floor.

Her hair was scattered all around her face. I removed them and saw her in deep sleep. Her cheeks were red, showing signs of vigorous rubbing. I checked her temperature by touching her forehead but that's normal. Was she crying or what?

And why iwas she sleeping like this? She never sleeps so much. These days, she is sleeping abnormally. Great way to ignore me and food both.

I slowly got up and went out, trying to not disturb her.

I took a shower and sat on the couch. I was thinking about her sudden behaviour.

That day,when I heard who that woman was, I literally lost it. Wasn't it careless of her to invite someone like this inside when she was alone? She said that woman wanted to apologise but what's the guarantee she was telling the truth? And why would she cry? Surely that woman said something. And her lie, that's what disappointed me most. She'll be careless and I can't even be concerned?

It's past nine but no movement from her. I got up and went to check her. I turned on the lights and sat beside her. She was still sleeping.

"Warisha?" I shook her by her shoulder.

"Warisha, get up. Please, get up. We need to talk."

"I don't want to talk..no, you don't want to talk." She muttered as she shifted. I frowned at her stubbornness.

"But we need to, please hear me out."

"Alyan, please. Please don't disturb me. I couldn't cook anything today so khala prepared dinner. They are in the kitchen, now leave me alone." She said, still hiding her face on the pillow.

Does she really think it's about food?

"Enough of drama, now get up." I pulled her by her waist and made her sit. She seemed weak.

"Stay away....." She mumbled, trying to lay back but I stopped her.

"No, I won't. I won't go away until you get up and have your dinner."

"I'm not hungry." She said, trying to remove her messy hair from her face.

"You are, look at yourself. You'll get sick so no more drama and get up."

"I won't."

"Fine." I went towards the drawer and brought the doors keys out. Then I held her by her arms and took her out with me with a lot of drama.

"Leave me, have you gone mad?" She glared at me.

I locked the door from outside and kept the key in my pocket.

"Now you won't go back there." I said looking at her. She stomped her feet on the floor and went at the dining room. I also followed her and saw her sat on a chair,her head lowered down on the table.

"Hey, what happened?" I said as I kept my hand on her hair, combing my fingers through them. I pulled a chair and sat beside her. Maybe she's crying.

"Don't disturb me. I'm sleepy."

"I'm not disturbing you. And this is not a place to sleep."

"Then send me back, I can sleep there. I'm so alone...here. You don't....want me to...even talk to you..you avoid me..."

Yes, she was crying. Her behaviour was making me worried. She's not like this normally.

"Tell me, what's the problem? You don't seem fine to me."

This skipping food is taking a toll on her body and mind.

"Warisha..."

"You are the problem. You always misunderstand me, you always make mountain out of a molehill. Just because we had a small argument,you started to ignore me. How will I live here like this? I'm completely alone here with you. If you also behave like this with me, how can I stay here like this? I'm also a human, I also make mistakes. Does that mean you'll always stay away from me like this? I...I feel so bad when you behave like this. You won't ever understand how much it hurts when you..you ignore me like that, don't talk to me. Remember, you said me to not bother you? I am trying to do that, still if I'm failing miserably, I'm sorry!" She snapped at me. Her words were making me feel more guilty.

"Warisha, I'm sorry..."

"Don't. Don't be sorry. It's me who should be sorry for being a fool."

"Please...Warisha, listen to me.." I tried to look at her face which she was hiding again.

"You don't seem fine to me....let me see."

"No, I'll have my dinner. You can go and do whatever you want, play video games or watch tv, mostly stay silent. I don't have any complaint. You don't have to worry about me. We can stay away from each other as you want." She glared at me and walked away at the kitchen.

I didn't dare to follow her. At least, this way she will eat.

After dinner, she was back in our room. Silently, she laid down and tried to sleep. Though I sensed her anger. Well, her mood is seriously on the edge. Or else she's not someone to be so angry and emotional like that.

What a problem!

,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Assalamualaikum Homo Sapiens female versions.

Long chapter. I personally love long chapters, don't know about you all. Hope you enjoyed.

Allah Hafiz😺

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Misfit By Nivetha

Teen Fiction

9.7K 1.6K 30
Every adolescent has a crazy story to tell. Hina is no exception. At sixteen, her life is far from perfect. High school can be really demanding and...
79K 3.2K 43
She was his classmate in kindergarten, he was 5 years old and she was four. Ayaan knew that she was special for him and decided to spend the rest of...
1.1M 36.1K 61
WATTYS WINNER When her fiancΓ© ends up in a coma and his secret mistress, Halley, shows up, Mary feels like her world is falling apart. What she does...
Ice Cold By m

General Fiction

2.1M 80.6K 48
[boyxboy] Wren Ridley is always two steps ahead of everyone, or so he thinks. His life seems out of his control when he starts having feelings for so...