sᴏᴜʟʙᴏɴᴅ • ᴠᴍɪɴ ᴀʙᴏ ᴀᴜ • (ᴏɴɢ...

Da Bluish_bliss

[COMPLETED] ɢᴇɴʀᴇ - ᴀʙᴏ ᴀᴜ, ᴍᴇʟᴏᴅʀᴀᴍᴀ, ғʟᴜғғғғғ 𝘑𝘪𝘮𝘪𝘯, 𝘢𝘯 𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘨𝘢 𝘧𝘳𝘰𝘮 𝘢 𝘳𝘪𝘤𝘩 𝘩𝘰𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘩... Altro

🌵About the fanfic:
🌵chapter 1
🌵chapter 2
🌵chapter 3
🌵chapter 4
🌵chapter 5
🌵chapter 6
🌵chapter 7
🌵chapter 8
🌵chapter 9
🌵chapter 10
🌵chapter 11
🌵chapter 12
🌵chapter 13
🌵chapter 14
🌵chapter 15
🌵chapter 16
🌵chapter 17
🌵chapter 18
🌵chapter 19
🌵chapter 20
🌵chapter 21
🌵chapter 22
🌵chapter 23
🌵chapter 24
🌵chapter 25
🌵chapter 26
🌵chapter 28
🌵chapter 29
🌵 chapter 30
🌵notice
🌵chapter 31
🌵chapter 32

🌵chapter 27

475 42 3
Da Bluish_bliss

The brown jacket Jimin had picked for his alpha that morning, hung over the chair’s handle slipped away slowly. It was left unnoticed like every other thing around Taehyung, whose eyes stayed rooted to the closed operation doors.

Desperately wanting for it to open.

And with the slightest of sounds from the doors his muscles grew stiff.

His steps faltered and never stayed in the same place.

He would walk away from the door, hands rubbing his nape anxiously. And would suddenly turn back hurrying towards the door just to make sure he reached out to Jimin faster in case he was brought out.

His feet lost count of the times he marched on the same path.

When his mind wavered towards the worst possible outcome, his legs would halt refusing to move at all. The strength in them draining to the ground and when he looked down with blurry eyes and a chest weighed with fear, his hands would clutch onto his pant pocket.

The feel of the rings under the dress kept him sane.
Jimin’s ring that Dr.Park had given to him earlier jingled along with his own, which he couldn’t afford to wear alone.

The soft sounds…he wrapped his heart around them.

“Give it back to him yourself when he comes”. He believed those words.

Pulling out the rings he slipped them together around his finger, only to find the turtledoves flying in parallel circles and never getting to meet each other.

So close yet so far. If only their hands were intertwined…

He clenched his hands tight in agony fighting back his tears that kept rising behind his lids.

“Taehyung!”

His father’s unexpected voice released his fist.

He turned around to see all of his family, along with Hoseok and Yoongi, running towards him. Their faces worried sick and a mess of wetness under their eyes. Their steps hurried and hasty.

“What happened? Where is Jimin? Why didn’t you call us?”, Jin braked in front of his son who froze on seeing their expressions.

Sadness and pain clearly flowing out of their scared eyes while he was still fighting back his own fears and insecurity. The moment he witnessed it on others, it all hit him slowly.

His burdened knees hit the cold floor before his tears did.

“Taehyung!”, Jin reached out to him in shock.

“What do I do, Dad?”, he whimpered, his shoulders drooping the lowest his father has seen. He trembled along with his heart and the fear he guarded well until then turned real as he said those words aloud.

“What if he doesn’t come back to me?”

“Don’t say that! He’s going to come back to you”, Jin lifted up his face by those wet cheeks, “He’ll be alright, Taehyung”

He held him like he was the little kid years ago only this time, no amount of words were going to help the wounds.

Taehyung’s face was painted pink from the cries and he struggled to breathe stably. He couldn’t stop sniveling about his fears.

Jin embraced him tight unable to see him hurt and small. Like he was breaking down bit by bit.

And the father’s tears didn’t stay put either.

Mina hid her sobs within Namjoon’s arms and the latter was fighting with all his might to console them but all the books he had read about omega’s physiology through the months made him feel weak. Any word of comfort he came up with seemed like a lie.

The dangers mentioned, the risks affecting their pregnancy and health listed out there, were all happening in the present. And as the practical man he was, he couldn’t simply say that it would all get better.

Like any other helpless heart there, he was hoping for a miracle.

The operation theatre doors opened.

Taehyung’s bent head swiftly turned around. His eyes were in a frenzy searching for his omega but there was only the intern doctor from before. Their eyes met at once but the other tore his hesitant ones away to Namjoon who ran to him.

He pushed himself off the ground but Jin stopped him.
Grunting at him he tried pulling away from the grip.

Jin shook his head.

“Why are you stopping me?”, Taehyung’s lips quivered.

The elder swallowed hard. His parental instincts refused to let his son walk towards anymore pain.

“It’s about Jimin. They are talking about Jimin, dad. I need to go!”, he beseeched yanking his hand away.

“Taehyung, stop. Don’t-“

“Jimin is my omega!”, Taehyung growled. His eyes carrying no sanity at the moment. That was enough to explain why he would choose the pain even a thousand times.

The father couldn’t speak further.

He ran towards the closing doors behind which the doctor disappeared around the corner leaving behind his hesitation to Namjoon.

Taehyung banged on the glass doors struggling to move it apart. Running to the sides he pressed on the switch incessantly while grumbling, “Why won’t it open?”

“Taehyung, stop it”, Namjoon called him.

But the boy turned a deaf ear to his father and went on to hitting the switch harder, “I want to see him. I need to see my omega”

“Jimin will be fine! Stop hurting yourself, Taehyung!”, Namjoon turned his adamant son by his shoulder to face him.

Both heaved in anger at each other. Rather than anger it was just frustration from realizing how weak they were.

“But he is not fine now, is he?”, Taehyung’s eyes were wide and demanding. Like he was losing it.

“It’s not like-“

“Don’t lie to me! I know he is not well”

Namjoon’s swallowed hard, “It’s nothing like-”

“It doesn’t feel right”, Taehyung mumbled holding his chest, “It doesn’t feel strong anymore. It’s like it’s…”

His fingers crushed the fabric over his chest where the widening emptiness ripped apart the strings holding him together.

“..it’s fading”

The bond, the memories, the connection and his present. Everything fell apart like a collapsing sea, engulfing his hope between the cracks.

“I need to see him”, he turned to the door and not even his father stopped him then.

Namjoon held his throbbing forehead looking away.

Taehyung hit the glass, “Open the door!”

Soon he was banging on them with a relentless force and alarming shouts.

“You can’t leave me hanging here after saying something like that. Let me in!”

The family sobbed helplessly unable to witness their boy going berserk over his dying omega. It was not like they could stop him. They didn’t have the strength in them and they didn’t want to either.

When all he wanted was to cry out loud to deny his emptying bond…

The corridor fell silent in a while except for Taehyung’s weeping and hitting the back of his head on the door against which he leaned on.

“Please… I just wanna see him”, his voice had become parched and low.

“I just want to…”, he closed his eyes to bring out the words.

Behind his heavy eyelids passed a scene of the day he saw little Jimin walking away while spilling soft giggles along the way as he held the little cactus. Maybe that was the first time Taehyung’s regrets piled up.

If only he had asked Jimin to be friends with him, maybe they would’ve spent more moments together.

Maybe if he hadn’t been a fool in recognizing his soul bond years later, then they could’ve spend a different present.

Only if he hadn’t been an alpha then Jimin wouldn’t have to bear the burden of his instincts.

“Only if you had never met me… then would you have been happier?”, he cried holding his head between his knees.

“I’m sorry I am so selfish but can’t I see you…”, his breath hitched harshly, “for the last time? Let me be with you, by your side, Jimin-ah…”

The sound of hard wheels rolling over the tiled floor brought him back to the present. He turned around to see a nurse and the intern bringing along with them an incubator.

His feet hurried to stand straight.

The doors opened and Taehyung rushed to them.

“How is my omega?” After all a faint streak of hope remained in him.

The intern’s lips thinned into a subtle smile. Maybe he too was hopeful in saving the omega who was struggling for his babies and for the promise to his love who was waiting with a sinking heart.

Taehyung inhaled sharply. His trembling hands moved awkwardly covering his mouth that was equally shaking. Words that he wanted to say stumbled through his throat and fell out as puffs of air.

His glistening eyes looked to the door beyond which his omega had fought the toughest war. He whispered a thanks. And when he looked at the rings on his finger the doves somehow looked happier.

He let out a soft chuckle and turned around to the doctor but his glance soon shifted to the machine beside him.

He looked at the doctor with eager eyes.

“It’s a girl”, the intern smiled.

Namjoon and Jin who were shedding happy tears for the arrival of their granddaughter made way for the father.

It was the tiny legs that pulled at his heartstrings first and like a fallen building that was pulled up straight, his broken heart slowly pieced back together.

He took cautious steps to her.

The baby girl’s legs were still folded like how she was in the womb just until then and her little hands were clenched into the smallest fists Taehyung had ever seen. He smiled at the resemblance she shared with Jimin.

He quietly adored her, cherishing the little features that his heart was quick to fall in love with.

The way her chest moved calmly. Her teensy toes stuck close to each other looked soft like the pink petals of the cherry blossoms. Taehyung smiled realizing how spring would never be about cherry blossoms thereafter.

To him, his daughter was like the early arrival of spring when it was still March, with snow refusing to melt.

When she turned her small head to his side his eyelids lifted up in excitement. He wiped away his stained cheeks and put on his best smile for her to see though she was yet to fully open her eyes.

And there went his heart fluttering at another resemblance. Her tiny eyes resting above a cute puff of eye bag.

He chuckled remembering the time when he couldn’t stop kissing Jimin’s eyes smiles because they were the prettiest in the world. And now he got another one to obsess with.

“Jihwa”, he whispered. All the cries and shouts had made his voice rough so he settled with soft whispers instead of startling her on her first day.

“It’s dad”, a sniffle followed and also a proud smile, “Thank you for coming to us, our little daughter. You worked hard”

Her tiny mouth yawned wide and she looked at him through her small lids.

He chuckled at the adorable face she made as if telling him to let her sleep peacefully.

“Alright. We’ll let you rest”, he stepped back.

He looked behind the intern and beyond the doors which were empty.

Anxiety set in again like a regular visitor and he searched for answers in the intern’s face.

“The other twin has been taken to the Pediatric ICU”

“What do you mean?”

“He has been delivered three months early. As a preterm baby his lungs haven’t developed enough to breathe independently. We will be monitoring his condition in the PICU for a few days”

“He will be fine right?”, Taehyung rushed for a positive answer.

The intern hesitated.

“We can’t say anything for sure. But we will try our best to help him”, he bowed.

Namjoon pressed his son’s shoulders, “Young will be fine. Let’s wait for him”

Taehyung struggled to sort out his feelings. Should he smile in relief for Jimin and Jihwa or worry in fear about Young’s health?

“Jihwa is fine right?”, he asked to make sure she won’t be suffering anymore.

“Yes, she is fine since she has completed her important seven months inside the womb. She will be spending a day or two in the incubator to avoid contact with others. You can go see her in the hospital nursery though. Don’t worry, the nurses will take good care of her”, the intern smiled.

Taehyung nodded, “Thank you, doctor”

Leaning towards his daughter he said, “Jihwa. Dad will come see you soon. Rest well until then hm?” he relayed a kiss with his fingers onto the glass.

The family member’s took another minute long glance at their little treasure before she was let go.

“When can we see Young? Can I go see him now? Is it-“

Before Taehyung could bombard the doctor with any more questions, Namjoon pulled him away.

“We’ll take care of Young. You need to stay here when Jimin comes”

The family surrounded the doctor and no less than the former they attacked him with questions and gratitude, while Taehyung waited with jittery legs by the doors…

The family planned their schedules to take turns in visiting the hospital. They looked much better than how Taehyung saw them few hours back.

By the time Jimin was brought out, the family had gone to buy essentials for the babies and the father who would be soon exiting the operation theatre. They took their time in shopping the best brands and cutest collections of dresses.

It was Dr.Park who came out first.

The restless alpha jumped from his chair, “Hyung!”

“Calm down”, the doctor chuckled, “You are gonna hurt yourself”

“How is he? He is fine right? Can I see him?”, he spoke forgetting to breathe in between his words.

“Yes, he is fine. And you can see him in a while. But since he has lost too much blood he needs transfusion. He will be kept in the ICU for two days and then we can move him to a separate room. Make sure he doesn’t exert himself too much because we can’t have his stiches getting infected. And only one person will be allowed inside the ICU”

Taehyung bowed, his earnest eyes welling up again, “Thank you hyung. Thanks a lot”

“About the male twin…”, the doctor hesitated.

“I am sure he will be fine”, Taehyung said wiping his tears, “He is strong like his father. I know that”. He smiled confidently.

The other couldn’t agree with that.

“I’m happy you think that way. I will be having a discussion with the pediatric doctor in charge of him. I’ll inform you the details soon”

“Yes”, Taehyung nodded briskly.

The doctor who was about to speak further ended the conversation with a slight nod. He didn’t want to jinx the hope in him.

A while after the doctor went on his way, the most anticipated sound of rolling wheels filled the corridors.

Taehyung rushed to the door entrance but was told off by the nurse to make way for them to pass.

He stood with jittery legs and a thoughtless mind that focused only on his omega.

Jimin was unconscious on the stretcher, an oxygen mask over his mouth and nose connected to the ventilator and a blood packet hung above his head.

Taehyung kept distance from him fearing he might hurt the pale and delicate body which had gone through a pain much worse than his. His heart clenched at the sight.

But a major part of him relaxed feeling grateful to see him breathing again, without blood staining his body or pain visible on his face. His omega looked serene and calm in what felt like forever.

After Jimin was relocated to the ICU, he stood vigilant by the door, peeping inside once every three seconds to make sure his omega was being taken care of properly.
When the procedures were finished a nurse brought him the necessary isolation attire.

He was soon to change into them leaving the nurse wonder if he was alright.

Bringing his rugged breathe under control and calming his heart, Taehyung walked towards the bed where his omega lay under the influence of anesthesia forgetting for a while, about the hardships he had gone through in a single day.

He took the chair beside the bed and sat down very gingerly. Like a heart that acted on caution after almost dropping something precious.

The first thing he noticed was the change in Jimin’s complexion.

His chest throbbed at the sight of his omega’s face evident with the day’s struggle. His husband had not only fought for his own life but for the lives of two more. And he managed to return back to his alpha just as promised.

“You are amazing, Chim”, he whispered, smiling proudly.

Looking down at Jimin’s hand which was connected to an oximeter, he smiled at the impression of the ring still visible, like a reminder.

“I thought I would have to wait longer before giving this back to you”, he took out the ring and held his small hand. Again with hesitance.

It felt cold. He ignored it.

He inserted the ring back to its original place.

It didn’t fit like before. He ignored it again.

“You know what…”, he said caressing Jimin’s pale knuckles, “I think I have shed all the tears for this lifetime. So earlier when I saw the nurses bring you back out of the theatre, I promised myself not to cry anymore”

He smiled feeling the familiar softness of his omega’s skin, just like the first time they held hands as kids.

“I even hated destiny for bringing us together”, he simpered at his frenzied self a few hours ago, “If not for me maybe you wouldn’t have had to go through all this pain. I’ve not been the best husband, have I?”

He knew he was ranting and that was not what he planned to do. But he could neither stop it.

“But you know how selfish I can get when it comes to you. I regretted thinking like that right away. I was a coward to dump all the blames on fate”

He looked up at Jimin who lay expressionless.

“I will work hard to protect you. I will do my best to not let anyone harm our family. So-”, he fought for words amongst the ache in his throat.

“…stay with me and watch over me. Hm?”

He brushed his thumb across Jimin’s cheeks that felt like withered flower petals buried under pale snow.

If it were plants he was confident about healing them. But he was clueless about what his omega needed to feel alive again. Among the things he could offer he only had his love and a desperate heart.

He made a mental note to ask his father regarding the health care for omegas and to refer few books on new born care.

“I had all the time I needed but used it up to earn money. Now I’m sitting here with a blank head that only knows how to cry”, he laughed at his pity self.

He regretted the times he arrived home late to Jimin nodding off on the couch while waiting to greet his husband. He failed to give him a warm pregnancy and rather ended up missing up on a lot of things.

More than becoming a better alpha he wished he had become the husband Jimin needed and deserved.

“I’m sorry”, an unwilling drop of tear blotted over the bedsheet.

He was quick to wipe it off.

If he could he wanted to rant about how everything got dark around him after sending Jimin off behind the doors. But then, a weak plant needs sunshine to grow back from its slump not more sadness. So he went for the brighter words and shared only what he was thankful for at the moment.

“Our daughter looked beautiful”

“The first thing she did was yawn at me”, he laughed, “and she resembles you a lot, Chim”

He held his hand within his big ones aiming to warm them up.

What he loved about holding hands with Jimin was that they fit perfectly leaving no space for his worries or sorrow.

And now he hated how their clasped hands still had room for his sadness to seep in.

“She has your eyes. Like two tiny calendula petals”, he laughed at how his analogues were all about flowers but he knew if Jimin was awake he would get what he meant.

“Her hair is black and it looked so soft that even the spring breeze might pass by easily. And her skin is pink… more like red. She must’ve cried so much”, the corner of his lips sinked down.

He couldn’t speak about Young. He waited until Jimin was ready to listen to it calmly.

Instead he spoke about every detail of his daughter that he had memorized in those few minutes of encounter.

Parents tend to have such eidetic memories of their kid’s first day with them.

All his conversations flowed out and floated around him without a reply but the growing warmth inside their hands assured him they were going to be fine.

When it was almost time to leave the ICU, he fumbled for his phone in his pocket which he had left outside in a box as requested from the nurse.

So he took his chair closer to Jimin and leaned in to whisper a goodbye lullaby.

It was a gentle humming of their favorite song which he ended by singing the last two lines;

“…little star, tonight
I will protect you all night…”

He pulled the blanket over Jimin and planted a firm kiss on his forehead.

“It was a long day. Sleep well, Chim”

Love you.

The following two days he refused to go home. Instead he made sure he was available anytime incase the nurses allowed him extra visiting hours, which never happened. But he never stopped requesting for it.

He spent half of his sleeping hours browsing through blogs and articles on birth care. Namjoon helped him by bringing his own books from home, while Jin took care of the flower shop during which he consulted with few omega mothers who visited there. Mina did her best in making handmade gifts for the babies and Jimin.

The whole family were involved in nursing them.

In the morning Taehyung took his spot by the neonatal care ward. Through the large glass window he would look for his daughter.

It was difficult to find his baby in a place that was filled with identical beds and very similar Korean babies. Almost all had black hair and were of the same size.

He particularly searched for a pair of eyes that resembled a calendula petal and a pair of tiny lips that yawned every time they turned towards him.

“There she is!”, he beamed in victory on finding her.

“How do you do that?”, Hoseok asked, squinting his eyes to find differences between Jihwa and the other babies, “I can’t even tell apart a boy and a girl in there”

Taehyung smirked, “There’s a secret greeting between us”

The nurse brought her near the window so the father could enjoy a closer view of his daughter. And the next thing, Taehyung started praising her.

“Isn’t she such a beauty?”, his eyes glowed throughout the visit.

Hoseok and Yoongi nodded to every word the excited father uttered.

“She is so small like a…”, he searched for the best analogue which the other two men were sure was going to be another species from the plant kingdom.

“…a pea pod!”, he exclaimed.

Looking at each other the other two sighed, “Jihwa will be having it hard I guess”

Taehyung was becoming the embarrassing dad Jihwa was gonna roll eyes at but nevertheless love a lot.

After the first unit of blood was transfused, Jimin’s complexion looked much better. The pinkish undertone around his cheeks diffused prettily and for a moment his alpha forgot his words and actions.

He simply sat there looking at him in silence, breaking into a grateful smile and feeling much better than the day before.

The pretty scenery outside, the bookstore he visited in the afternoon, the secret greeting Jihwa uses. He spoke about anything and everything that made him smile.

Even about the sun that peeked out during the late winter afternoons assuring him it was bringing along his omega’s favorite season.

He spoke in a tone of persuasion saying Jimin to come back soon because he is missing out on a lot.

By the time the omega was shifted to his own room, his pallor had revived. His cheeks were still saggy and lips a lot chapped which Taehyung was determined to bring back.

“Should I make your favorite kimbap? Or Kimchi jjigae or something less spicy? We need to watch for your gut health. You are still recovering so something nutritious and light would be good”

He sat by the bedside making diet plans and narrating about the weather. He changed the flowers to ones with a sweet fragrance. Like yellow and white freesias.

“I met the pediatric doctor in charge of Young today”, Taehyung said taking his usual seat by the bed.

It was the second day since Jimin was brought to the room and was still unconscious.

The younger hesitated to put forth the best words to relay the message in a less alarming way. He took his time breathing in and sighing out helplessly.

“Young is…”, his fingers dug into his pants, “um…they are saying he is not doing well”

“He is still breathing”, he rushed to explain, “but they say he is not ready to leave the support system yet. I wonder why”

He rubbed his forehead unable to understand the situation. It just sounded bad however he tried to jumble the words.

“This is…”, he whispered the painful part to himself.

This is difficult to handle on my own, Jimin-ah. Why won’t you wake up?

He left the room which suddenly felt stuffy though he hated to admit it.

Closing the door his body slid down the wall and his tears rolled down. His palm hurried to hide his face that was breaking apart in fear.

 He broke his promise.

“Taehyung!”, Jin came running at the sight of his son curled up against the wall.

He kneeled down near him, “What’s wrong?”

The younger sobbed harder gripping onto his aching chest, “It’s been three days since the surgery but he won’t wake up, dad”

“Does he not want to see me? Is he angry on me? He can be angry how much ever he wants but can’t he just open his eyes?”, he pleaded as hands dug through his hair.

What scared him most was…

“What will I say when he asks about Young?”, his body flinched at the thought, “I have been nothing but a disappointment to him all along”

Jin pulled his son into a tight hug.

“Don’t say that. He has gone through a lot in one day. Let’s give him some more time. He will definitely come back to you”

The younger was aware of his impatience self but he had reached his limit too soon… like always.

Jin knew his son was never good at handling stress though it seemed it had got better thanks to his soul bond.

But he was back at square one.

He palmed his son’s face like he was speaking to his little boy in the past hoping his warm words would help him even if only a little. But it wasn’t that simple anymore.

He said looking into the other’s swollen eyes, “Young is your son. You can’t lose hope on him like this, Taehyung. We haven’t had a chance to meet him yet but the fact that that small life has struggled with all his might to come into this world means he is just as desperate as you to meet you. So let’s believe in him. Hm?”

Taehyung nodded and wiped his cheeks clean.

Jin smiled at the much better expression on him.

“Get up. Let’s go to Jimin now”, he got up and opened the door, “If he doesn’t find you near him when he wakes up, he might-“

He froze at the entrance.

“Jimin!”
Taehyung’s glum face lit up in an instant. Pushing his father aside he hurried into the room...

His legs were unsure about moving but Jimin was trying hard to move forward. Holding onto the bed frame he pushed the ground back but he could only drag himself. With painful groans here and there he walked.

“Ji-”, abandoning the need to call, Taehyung rushed to collect his omega into his eager arms.

His heart thrilled at the sight of Jimin whose consciousness was back while his anxiety calmed with ease from the much alive scent of honey surrounding him.

But he sensed a change in the scent.

“Where are they?”, the older’s arms which he guessed would hug him just the same were instead crushing his shirt. The small hands were trembling.

Looking down, the alpha noticed no happiness similar to his in those eyes. Instead he met with a pair of orbs that glistened with what he had a few days ago.

Uncertainty and fear.

“I want to see the babies”, Jimin looked over his alpha’s shoulder incase Jin was holding the twins.

“Why are they not here?”, he looked around uneasily, “Take me to them”

Taehyung released him from the meaningless embrace.

Not once did his omega call out his name or even look at him properly.

“Why aren’t you saying anything? Tell me where they are”, Jimin shook his husband who stood without a response.

Swallowing hard the younger replied, “Not now. I’ll take you to them later so rest for now”, he caught those weak hands and directed him to the bed.

Jimin yanked away his hands with the little strength he was left with.

“I want to see them now!”, he glared and moved forward.

“Stop, Jimin. You need to lie down. If you keep exerting yourself-“

“Are you seriously saying that now?”

Rather than anger it was hurt that ticked the alpha in Taehyung.

He turned his omega around by force and spoke in a fierce tone he had never known himself. And one that he hated using at his omega.

“Yes. I am serious now. So lie down when I tell you to”, he huffed.

Jimin’s face was unfazed at the command from his alpha. He was no different from him.

“Don’t you dare stop me from seeing my kids”, he growled like a lioness would do when the cubs were out of sight.

Pushing away the hands that gripped around his arm he turned back.

“Jimin, please. You can’t possibly walk till there in this state”, Jin tried holding him back.

“Where are they? I must see them right now”, he ignored any more words that were directed against him.

Jimin clenched his teeth and kept dragging himself until his legs refused to cooperate as he neared the door.

His knees were weak to hold his weight any longer and they dropped to the floor out of exhaustion.

Jin rushed to him but his hands stopped noticing the other’s shoulders shake mildly.

“They are alone…”, Jimin’s voice that was strong and sharp until then broke suddenly.

Taehyung turned around and immediately recognized his omega’s figure.

He looked shrunk under the cries and his hands that were holding onto his chest wordlessly told him the pain he was going through. Jimin was just like Taehyung when the former was in the operation theatre.

“They are all alone there. How can I stay here not knowing how they are or where they are even?”

The words reminded the alpha about his state after his omega was taken into surgery. Full of uncertainty and doubts.

“I just want to see their faces once…”, his voice collapsed into the sobs.

Taehyung’s arm flew around Jimin pulling his trembling body into a tight hug.

“I’m sorry”, he whispered holding his head closer.

“I’m sorry. I’m so sorry, Jimin”, he repeated.

Jimin’s hand hung onto him, fingers crushing the shirt, “Taehyung-ah, can’t you let me see them just once. Just once and I’ll listen to everything yo-“.

His hands let go of the desperate grip around his alpha and with the sentence cut midway they hit the floor.

His limp body weighed within the embrace but what had Taehyung gasp was the wetness he felt around his knee.

Holding Jimin away from the hug, the alpha’s eyes darted below and widened at the sight of scarlet redness blotted over the pale blue hospital dress.

“Jimin-ah”, he shook the unconscious omega whose face was covered in sweat and felt cold to touch.

Jin rushed out of the room calling for a doctor along the way.

--------

Dr.Park exited the room after treating Jimin and faced the anxious alpha.

“It’s the stiches. I advised you to not let him exert himself. What happened that he was on the floor not even aware of the bleeding?”, he asked, disappointed in the husband.

“I’m sorry”, Taehyung sniffled, “I should’ve stopped him but I foolishly shouted at him just because I was insecure”

He wiped his eyes that didn’t seem to stop tearing up.

“Was it about the babies?”, the doctor asked in a much softer tone understanding the other’s plausible hurt.

The younger nodded pursing his lips still not able to understand his omega’s concern.

“You do know you married an omega right?”

He looked further confused at the question.

“An omega treasures two things the most in their life. One is their alpha”, the doctor pointed to him, “and the other…”

“Their children”, Taehyung completed.

“Right now Jimin’s major concern is the babies’ health. That doesn’t mean you aren’t in his mind. You are in his mind as a means of support he can count on during this time. Do you get me?”

He nodded.

An alpha was an omega’s mental support during pregnancy and after delivery as well. They were a family but he felt ashamed to have lost his cool on his own accord due to his selfishness.

“I’ll make sure this doesn’t happen again”, he sniffled.

The doctor patted his shoulder.

Jin remained silent because the words his son needed to hear the most will only be effective from a certain person. He stepped back patiently.

Jimin was unconscious on his bed. It was like a déjà vu that Taehyung begged not to repeat.

“If I had known you would be back on the bed like this I should’ve listened to you and taken you to meet the babies”, he sighed, taking the chair.

He took hold of Jimin’s hand and kissed it softly, “I’m sorry, Chim”

It was a familiar place.

The long curtains pulled apart letting the moonlight from the lonely night sky pour inside the dark room. And Jimin who stood before the window, was lost in the beauty of the scenery.

Taehyung smiled at the dream like scene. Among the faraway sounds of waves crashing into the rocky shores and the traveling wind, he heard Jimin call out to him. It was sweet, like honey.

“Taehyung-ah”, Jimin smiled and put out his hand.

Happily, Taehyung reached out but paused at the sight of the other’s fading body. The body that shined with a milky glow turned transparent enough to see the wall behind.

Alarmed at the happening, he ran to his omega only to see himself standing alone in the place of the latter. He looked down at his hands that carried nothing but tremors.

Finding his hands empty he sat up with a jerk looking for his omega.

Jimin was still on the bed.  Leaning back on the bed frame he sat with a face devoid of expressions and eyes lost in the nothingness on the wall across.

Taehyung’s trembling hands reached out to him, brushing against the soft cheek.

The warmth of the skin assured his frightened self in an instant.

The other turned to him.

Resting his face on the big palm Jimin closed his eyes, “I’m sorry”

Taehyung stood up hugging him immediately. His breath that he held in from fear rushed out loudly.

Jimin buried his face into his alpha’s tummy breathing in and breathing out the citrus that always worked wonders on him. And he needed it more at the moment.

“I was wrong. I’m sorry, Jimin”, he stroked the back of his head.

“Should we go and see them now?”, he asked eagerly.

Jimin shook his head, “It’s fine”, he swallowed.

“I’ll work hard to get better so I can go see them without hurting myself. So you won’t be worried either”, he peeped up.

Taehyung wondered if that was possible. An omega holding in their urge to see their baby…

But he wanted to go along with whatever Jimin wanted.

“Sure. I’ll help you so let’s go visit them together soon”, he pecked on his forehead.

“I’m…hungry”

“Dad brought some kimbap earlier. Is that fine or shall I get you something else?”, he asked brushing away the overgrown hair that were blocking Jimin’s eyes.

“Its fine”, the older said.

His expressions somehow looked consciously restricted.

Taehyung brushed it off as a needless concern hoping he would get better in a few days.

The days that rolled by were bland and insipid but a tint of warm smiles found way into their hearts in one way or other.

Jimin rarely got out of his bed. He was attended by the family in case of needs.

Standing in front of the window his eyes would travel around the greenery and the patients taking walks with their family.

“Do you wanna go for a walk?”, Taehyung asked covering him with a cardigan from behind.

He couldn’t stand seeing the other’s small figure subtly shaking from the cold wind blowing inside, yet not attempting to warm himself with a blanket.

Jimin was not a fan of winter and used to bundle himself with sweaters and socks. But he didn’t seem to mind it at the moment.

He was looking below at a mother trying her best to make her crying baby smile. Turning away he walked into his alpha’s chest, “No. I wanna sleep for some time”

Taehyung hugged him and spotted the reason for his denial out the window. He closed the curtains and walked his omega to the bed.

He took away the cardigan and helped him with the blankets.

Jimin stared at the new dress that was olive green and looked handmade.

“Grandma made it. It’s pretty right?”, the other smiled at the perfectly crocheted piece, “She made a whole set for the family during your pregnancy. Even the baby bears got one too”

He walked excitedly to the bag that had all the other cardigans.

“It’s fine. I’ll look at them later”, Jimin slipped under the blankets at once.

“Ah…”, Taehyung looked at the couple of tiny sweater in his hand, “I’m sure you will like them though”, he mumbled.

The little ones were made with a warmer green that resembled spring.

Mina came by the hospital after her classes.

She made sure to visit the little ones first so she could speak about them to Jimin.

But the older rarely showed signs of enjoying the talk so she skipped over to her class stories.

She saw him reacting to them better while his hands got fidgety when it was about the babies.

“Mina”, he called out to her when she was about to leave for the day, “Can you read me a book tomorrow?”

Mina nodded eagerly, happy to be of help.

“What kind of book, oppa?”

“Anything that’s interesting and occupies the thoughts”, he said calmly.

She noticed the eye bags that screamed lack of sleep though Taehyung had said that he slept frequently.

“Okay. I’ll choose one from the library tomorrow”, she smiled.

Walking out she saw her brother bowing to a doctor.

“Is he sleeping?”, Taehyung asked, turning to her with a smile.

“Do you think he is?”

His eye shifted without a reply.

“How long has oppa been like that?”, she raised her voice.

“He hasn’t slept since waking up from the anesthesia”, he pursed his lips.

“Did you talk to him about it?”

He shook his head, “He would lie about that too like how he says he is fine always”

“But still-“

“I don’t wanna fight again”, he confessed, “It’s my worry but I can’t seem to relay it softly anymore. I keep raising my voice at him and I can’t understand why”

“It’s because you are a mess right now”, she wanted to say it but she knew her brother won’t understand it unless it is about his omega. She knew he was gonna neglect himself again.

Pushing the words down her throat she walked away.

The night arrived chasing away the warm sunset and bringing in the cold winds.

After dinner, Jimin went straight to bed.

When Taehyung came out of the bathroom the lights were already out and under the blanket he saw him sleeping still but it was obvious to him that he was faking it.

Like usual he pretended to believe the act and took his place on the sofa. He laid down facing the other who always slept with his back towards him.

He always slept gazing at the slow movements of Jimin’s breathing. Sleep would come easily even when worries filled his mind.

But the past few days he was distracted.

The other’s feet kept moving about. He would rub them together and rolled the blanket around them but still didn’t stop wriggling bout on the bed.

And the constant sighs filled the silent room.

Taehyung used to clench his teeth to avoid asking him if he needed anything but he couldn’t ignore anymore.

He took his pillow and dragged the blanket along to Jimin’s bed.

Warming his hands with few huffs and puffs he held his omega’s feet by the ankle and arranged the pillow underneath, finally covering them back with the blanket. He knew the other had cold feet but since they usually slept together under the same covers his naturally high temperature used to warmed them up.

“What are you doing?”, Jimin turned around.

“You got cold feet again”

Taehyung climbed on the bed and laid down beside him.

“You are sleeping here?”, the other asked moving away.

“I don’t have a pillow now”, he got comfortable on his side of the bed.

Jimin looked at his feet that already felt warm with the other’s pillow but he hesitated to lay down. He didn’t want his husband to worry about his struggles to sleep at night.

But Taehyung could read all of those thoughts at ease.
He spread out his arms to welcome his omega for a hug.

“Let me help you”

He nodded that it was okay to lean on.

Jimin melted into the warm embrace giving up on being anxious around his alpha.

As he snuggled closer and rubbed his face under his alpha’s neck, the citrus seeped deep into him, calming him like the best remedy ever.

He missed doing that.

And Taehyung missed feeing his weight on him.

They missed being held by each other.

It was a warm winter Sunday, the sunlight telling them it was time for spring.

“Mina will be here in few minutes. I’ll go to the canteen to buy you guys some snacks. What do you want?”, Taehyung asked, placing back the empty bento boxes that had their breakfast in them into the bag.

“Your phone”, Jimin asked, putting out his hand, “I wanna hear some music”

“Mine?”, the younger gave it to him.

“Your playlists are my favorite”

Taehyung’s smile widened ear to ear. Kissing his omega’s forehead he said, “Let’s make a new one tonight”
Jimin nodded.

Jimin scrolled through the playlists until his hands tapped to pause on a new one that caught his eyes.

“What does this mean?”, he mumbled trying to read the playlist’s name which he guessed right away to be French.

Copying it to a translator application he played the playlist while waiting for the slow hospital Wi-Fi to work.

The first song’s soft melody kicked in and soon the lyrics too…

~ If you hear a girl praying from somewhere at midnight
It's probably a little star sleep talking
If you hear a boy confessing from somewhere at midnight
It's probably a little star tossing and turning ~
(LITTLE STAR BY AKMU)

The search results came in and between fluttering lashes he read it;

ours d’hiver translates to winter bears

And their baby bears were born in winter.

The room door opened.

“Jimin-ah, is soy milk okay for-”

He looked up to find Taehyung running towards him, wearing a shocked expression.

“What is it? Why are you crying?”, the younger palmed his omega’s face, his thumb wiping away the wetness.

Only then did Jimin become aware of the wetness under his eyes.

“Taehyung-ah”, he held his alpha’s hand that gently caressed his cheeks, “I can’t do this anymore. I wanna see them”

He cried desperately and he trembled like he did few days back.

“I thought I could wait until I was able walk on my own but I can’t sit here knowing they are in a place where we aren’t there to protect them. It scares me so much. Can’t I…please can we go see them?”, he looked at his alpha as tears rolled out.

Taehyung wiped the little drops and said, “Our daughter is waiting for you”

Jimin looked confused.

“Jihwa is on her way here”, he nodded and a smile slipped out.

The omega’s face almost bloomed in happiness but-

“What about Young?”, his hand gripped onto the other’s shirt.

“I’ll take you to him until he is ready to come to us”, the other assured.

He was not going to give up on his son.

Jimin nodded and the tears rushed out again but also a smile.

There was a knock at the door.

He looked at his alpha eagerly.

“She must be here”, Taehyung smiled and turned towards the door.

Jimin tugged at his shirt stopping him. His eyes lowered and he fumbled with his dress.

Taehyung palmed his flushed face and said, “I’m sure she’ll be happy to see you. Don’t worry”

Opening the door, he exclaimed carrying her out of the nurse’s arms, “Our baby bear is finally here to see her father!”

Jimin sat up straight and positioned himself on the bed comfortably but he got a little bouncy trying get a glimpse of her inside Taehyung’s arms.

“She won’t run away”, the other chuckled seeing his excited omega.

“Your hands”, he motioned him.

Jimin carefully studied and imitated his husband.
And his daughter was gently laid onto the arm cradle and Taehyung sat beside him on the bed.

“Isn’t she pretty?”

Jimin nodded frantically.

He couldn’t stop his tears at the sight of her tiny features that were adorable in every way. He wondered if this was how a mother would feel.

“I’m her mother”, he turned to the other with a proud smile while tears still rolled down.

Taehyung wiped them away and left a kiss in their place, “If that’s what you want to be called as”

Mother was no longer a gender specified term to them.

To Jimin it was the word that gave him reasons to smile. Being called a mother somehow left his heart swelling in joy and mind clear of worries. He felt strong as a mother.

He rubbed the baby’s tiny palm, “Jihwa, your mom is here”

She held his finger. Her grip was strong saying how she trusted him.

He chuckled receiving her acceptance.

And all the pain he had gone through in the past week felt like they were nothing compared to the moment.

The baby girl yawned turning to his side where she rubbed her face against him. It remained him of himself.

“Wow. Our daughter has greeted us finally”, Taehyung announced. He was never tired of making a deal out of that tiny yawn.

“Is that how she greets?”, Jimin laughed.

“Yes!”, the other cheered, “She kept yawning every time I visited her so I thought ‘Ah…this is her way of greeting her father’”

“Isn’t it because she is bored of seeing you?”

“You are so mean”, Taehyung complained and scouted close to his daughter, “Jihwa, tell your mom it’s not true”

She yawned again.

Jimin burst out laughing, “She is savage”

“Right. Just like a certain someone’, Taehyung pouted.

“No. I’m not. Stop lying in front of our daughter, Taehyung-ssi”

“Woah, you keep saying weird things to gain her favor, Jimin-ssi”

They  dramatically fought over their baby girl.

“Are they fighting?”, Jungkook rushed to open the door but Mina stopped him.

“Nah. They are having a family meeting. Let’s not disturb them”, she dragged away her concerned boyfriend.

“Jihwa has come to the room already”, she informed.

His face lit up at the news, "I was afraid she had to speand more time away"

“Well, Taehyung oppa literally begged the doctor yesterday so Jimin oppa could see her as soon as possible”

“So how did he react?”

Mina smiled.

“I have not seen him that happy since the wedding”

“That’s good to hear”

A/N:

SORRY FOR THE LATE UPDATE ㅠㅠ
HOPE U ALL ENJOYED READING THIS CHAP.
UPDATES WILL BE LATE, SINCE I’M STUCK WITH MY EXAMS :(

*FINGER HEARTS*

HAPPY TAEHYUNG DAY!💜

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

194K 10.9K 29
❝As time passes by we only mess it up even more.❞ start: 180408 finish: 180520
271K 19.3K 39
[COMPLETED] 𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐞 through chaos as it swirls, its us against the world. where two alpha ceos hate each other's guts. ...
46.7K 1.6K 22
Omega Jimin. Alpha Jungkook. University au.
250K 6.9K 18
"𝔜𝔬𝔲𝔯 𝔭𝔞𝔦𝔫 𝔫𝔢𝔳𝔢𝔯 𝔢𝔫𝔡𝔰" [ Finished ]