Serendipity ( Kim Taehyung)

Da taestuIip

"Serendipity is subjective. Not necessarily big things, small things too. Like finding a place to sit amidst... Altro

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56 : Serendipity
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Epilogue - Part 1
Epilogue - Part 2
Epilogue - Part 3
Epilogue - Part 4
Epilogue - FINALE
NOTICE : NEW BOOK

Chapter 35

2.2K 117 57
Da taestuIip

Taehyung looks at himself in the mirror, tugging on the grey sweatpants as he checks his appearance. Haru gave him some clothes claiming they are Soobin's and he had left them some time before when they stayed over for an assignment. He was reluctant to wear them but then, he had no choice after all.

He decided to stay over without preparing anything and brought nothing at all except his work stuff. He turns to the laundry basket beside the door, sighing to himself when the clothes he wore are no longer there.

"She just won't listen", sighing to himself, he takes one last look at himself before leaving the guest room.

Walking along the bright hallway, he looks up with a blank face when he hears a song playing in the background. One hand drying his hair with the small towel around his neck, he walks further towards the kitchen to find Haru standing at the sink. He turns to the laundry room, hearing the slow roaring sound of the washing machine assuming his clothes are already put in.

Turning back to her, he leans on the wall beside him, smiling to himself as he crossed his arms. It feels surreal to him, to be able to look at her this close. The turn of events between the two of them have been odd and it still feel unreal that they ended up dating.

Well, a weird way to claim they are dating while they have yet to go out for a proper date yet.

"So, are you going to stand and there watch me?", she speaks without even turning around.

"Well, I am watching my own girlfriend standing there looking pretty. Why not?", he pushes himself off the wall, heading towards her. "What are you doing?"

"Salted Caramel Latte", she pours the caramel into the big white mug as Taehyung watches her. "I know you don't drink coffee, so I tried making it with less coffee. Less coffee, less bitter. Extra sugar and caramel to make it sweeter"

Taehyung watches as she carefully stirs the coffee, inhaling the sweet aroma of freshly brewed coffee lingering in the air. With curious eyes, he crouches to look at the coffee closer and then he looks up at her.

"You made this?"

"Yes"

"You know how to make the drink?", he asked again, eyes sparkling amazement.

"Mister Kim, it is just coffee", she giggles at his cute reaction. "I love to make my own coffee at times, that's why I have the coffee machine"

He stands up straight immediately, still looking so amazed at her coffee. "And you made it sweet?"

"Yes. Just for you because I do not think you'll be able to handle it bitter. Salted Caramel Latte is not that bitter—more to caramelish sweet. I think you can handle it", she pushes the mug towards him. "I know I promised you the one from the university but let's start with this one first"

"Well, I can handle you. You're sweet too", he winks at her, making her sighs to herself.

"Mister Kim, don't", closing her eyes as she feels warm at his words but then she ignores his teasing eyes and look at the coffee instead.

"Let's make a deal", he rests one hand on the counter table, smirking sheepishly as he looks at her.

"What deal?"

"I will drink this coffee, for you, in exchange for a request"

"A request? What kind of request?"

"I want you to call me Taehyung"

Haru gulps at his request, suddenly feeling flustered as he looks at her straight in the eye. She knew he would ask about this again because the first time he had asked, never once she had called him with his name. Not that she doesn't want to but it feels slightly awkward for some reason.

Calling Mister Kim with his real name "Taehyung" would definitely break the last bit barrier of formalities. Plus, she had gotten so used to calling him "Mister Kim" since day one. Well, if they minus the first night they met at the club of course.

"I am going to leave you with no choice but to agree", he reaches for the mug, giving her a quick glancd before slowly taking a sip of the coffee.

She flinched at this sudden movement but then nothing can be done when he is already halfway drinking the coffee. Swallowing hard, she observes his face anticipating his respond to the coffee's taste. And to her relief, he seems to drink quite a lot by the look of it.

"This is so....", he holds the mug in front of him, taking his time to feel the taste of the liquid on his tongue. "So so sweet", he takes another sip and nods to himself, looking satisfied. "I love it. It's not bitter at all"

"See, that's the magic", she clicked her tongue, looking proud of her own work.

"I like this", he looks at the coffee again before placing it on the side and turning his attention back to her. "So, deal has been made"

"I didn't agree to the deal", she arched an eyebrow. "You made the deal on your own"

"Haru", he laughs amidst his little sigh. "Why are you so playful?"

"I am not", she pressed her lips together, holding her smile. "But I did say I like games"

"Interesting", he reaches for the mug with one hand, and takes her hand with the other hand. "Can we sit on the couch? I smell good now so I can hug you longer"

Laughing at his very adorable gesture, she lets him pull all the way to the living room. He puts the mug on the coffee table before gently pulling her down on the comfy couch. He makes sure to give her enough space, before wrapping his arm around her and pressing her to him.

"I think...", she shifts beside him, finding a more comfortable position. "I am starting to believe you are the one who likes hugging me more than I like hugging you"

"I like having you close to me", he inhales the sweet scent of her hair, smiling to himself. "You really smell like strawberries"

"Please don't eat my hair Mister Kim—I am still going to call you Mister Kim", she adjusts her face, nestling in nicely on his chest. "But you know, Mister Kim sounds like a very cute name to me"

"Haru", he calls her softly, his thumb stroking her shoulder. "How are you feeling these days?"

His question made her think for a few seconds before letting a very long and heavy sigh, and that made him pressed her even closer.

"I actually don't know what to feel about my parents. I think I am just completely numb now"

"What do you feel now?"

"I don't know....but...do you think I am being selfish? It's a lie if I didn't feel a little bit guilty for lashing on my mother that night—it just happened"

He glances at her, her hair tickling his chin as he adjusts himself beside her. He recalls the night he asked what made her cry that night and she told him about her parents.

Discovering the bitter truth about her parents makes him want to stay close to her even more. The more he learns about her and how she had constantly been neglected by her parents—he feels protective of her.

It triggered that protective side of him he never knew he has.

"You have every right to feel upset"

"I do?"

"You got hurt. So, it is acceptable for you to feel sad. You are allowed to", he caresses the side of her arm, eyes blankly staring into the distance. "Don't feel guilty for feeling sad"

"Honestly...", Haru takes one long breath, inching closer to him wrapping one arm around his torso. "I just want a normal mother-daughter relationship—the usual kind, you know? Shopping together, travelling together, doing normal family things together. I have never gone out anywhere with either of my parents—none I can remember. I think I barely seen them ever since high school—that's...6 years ago"

"Did you live alone during school too?"

"I lived in the same house with them but felt like I lived alone", she sighs deeply, closing her eyes shut feeling her body relaxes. "I did everything alone though. I registered for college alone, did health check alone, signed up for driving classes alone—basically everything. I didn't want to trouble anyone, so I did everything on my own. At least I learnt not to depend on anyone—it feels odd if I have to ask anyone for help"

Taehyung feels his heart sank, his hand unconsciously pulling her even closer in such a protective manner. It must had been difficult for her back then, so young yet had to embark into the real world on her own. He always had his parents with him when he was growing up and all through college. A part of him wondered if he would make it without their support and love.

But Haru did everything, on her own.

"Haru"

"Hmmm?", her voice sounded sleepy.

"Let's go out on a date tomorrow"

"Hmm?", she sounded confused. "Tomorrow?"

"Yes, let me take you out. Let me take care of you from now on. Let us go get breakfast together in the morning, walk around the mall, get lunch somewhere nice and then walk at the park or—anywhere. I want to spend this weekend with you only"

Taehyung heard her laugh lowly, watching as she gets up to look at him.

"You know, if the cupids look at our progress of relationship, they will quit their jobs"

"Why?", he sounded amused, tilting her head slightly. "What's wrong with us?"

"Mister Kim, our progress is very strange. We started from the latter and progressing backwards—funny"

"Still a progress", chuckling lowly, he reaches for her hand and holds it in his. "I want to take you out"

"Do you think I can say no when you're looking at me like this?", she squints her eyes at him, earning a smile from him. "I would be crazy to let this chance go to waste—a date with the handsome Mister Kim"

"Oh really, "handsome Mister Kim"? I thought you were gawking over my friend just 2 hours ago?"

Caught off guard, Haru pulls her hand free from his hold and stares at him. "Mister Kim, are you still on this?"

"I am offended", he mimics a sad face, putting his palm on his heart. "My own girlfriend was drooling over another man"

"Stop being cute", she sighs to herself, smiling ear to ear. "Don't be too cute"

"Oh, I am cute suddenly? Are you sure?", he peeks through his lashes, looking doubtful. "Are you sure you're talking about me?"

"Oh god, you are unbelievable"

"You are stuck with me"

"I am returning you to the cupids"

"Ouch", he fakes a pout, clutching his shirt on his chest. "I am so so hurt"

Unable to keep up with his cheeky playful self, Haru pinches the bridge of her nose looking so done and defeated. Her body feels warm out of nowhere, probably too overwhelmed by the rush of feelings crushing her every second. Her cheeks feel hot too and she is sure she looks very red now.

Taehyung sits there, watching the tell-tale pink painting her cheeks that makes her look so fragile to his eyes. He loves this kind on interaction with her. The little jokes and the teases, light conversation amidst deep ones—a balance.

"Come here", he pulls her waist in one swift movement, making her fall onto his chest once again. "You need to sleep, you had a long day"

"You worked hard too today, you need to sleep as well"

"I'll continue sulking tomorrow. Now, you need to sleep", he caresses the back of her head before planting soft kissed on her hair. "Sleep"

"Mister Kim"

"Hmm?"

"Thank you for being here"

~~~~

NOTE

🍓HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO TAEHYUNG MY LOVE. HAPPY TAE DAY 🍓

hello everyone! I am very sorry for the no-updates the entire week! I was resting and resting doing nothing. but here is another update! I short sweet chapter on tae and haru! They need progress!!! I hope this chapter is good and enjoyable!

Thank you for reading! Love youuu

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerΓ  anche

884K 40.9K 101
TW- SENSITIVE CONTENT The fun, yet annoying, thing about psychology is that you can choose what to believe and there will be a whole disorder dedicat...
120K 2.9K 57
"All we do is argue all the time" "Why is that?" "We're in a toxic relationship" "why don't you just break up?" "Because he's someone you can't leave...
611K 15.7K 31
You are my drug. One touch and the intoxication is instant. Whatever you want to do is what we'll do and there isn't a thing I can do to stop you...
44.3K 1.4K 21
He loves you. You never knew. He is always with you but you are so fool that you never know what is happening with him. When he knew about his brothe...