Reckless || Harry Styles AU

By narryhugme

"How do you think your parents would react to your success if they were still here today?" ... Jessica Steele... More

first part of revised edition of "Reckless" now up!
before you read (:
1: walk straight and don't trip
2: thank you
3: go
4: jessy
5: happy days
6: fun times
7: hurricane harry
8: elephant in the room
9: jess goes quiet
10: spilt beans
12: muse
13: firecrackers
14: change of heart
15: control
16: a little party never killed nobody
17: decisions
18: pick up lines and ice cream
19: closer
20: heart out
21: it's not over yet
22: hellos and goodbyes
23: rehashing
24: a needed visit
25: needed
26: trouble
27: stories of their lives
28: faith
29: reality isn't real
30: change
31: breathe
32: home is just home
33: boys will be boys
34: feelings
35: what's right and what's wrong
36: have fun
37: hold my heart
38: turning tables
39: anatomies
40: the calm
41: before the storm
42: happy birthday jess
43: falling into place
44: happy birthday harry
45: TOKYO, JAPAN
46: restless
47: wake up call
48: all okay
49: privacy
50: perspective
51: support and criticism
52: what we thought
53: recollect
a/n: please read ! (:
54: wildfire
55: inevitable
56: hold back
57: soon
58: attempt
59: reliance
60: another one
61: responses
62: talk about it (part 1)
63: talk about it (part 2)
a/n: sequel info
Q&A
64: real
65: public rendezvous
66: GOOD FOR YOU.
67: STEELE.
68: FAMILY.
THE SEQUEL IS UP
hiiii...3 years later

11: fine dining

53.3K 1.6K 1K
By narryhugme

IF YOU VOTE ILL LOVE YOU FIVEVER :))) & if you wanna see a vine edit for this story, check out my twitter!

Jess

The entire time at Vogue I was stressing like a mad woman. None of my smiles were real. I couldn't wrap my head around the fact that months worth of lyrics and music and hard work was leaked. Jane didn't know how it happened, whether it was someone inside management, or simply a random person.

All over Twitter, Vine, Tumblr, and Instagram, the songs were being shared. Everyone seemed to love the songs, but it's just unfortunate it was leaked. The interviewer at Vogue didn't know about the leak. I guess it hadn't spread out that far.

To pour gasoline on the fire, Jane got a call saying that I needed to meet up with Nick today at Westfield mall. I've been given instructions that we needed to walk around some stores and have dinner. Harry had left midway through the photoshoot to meet up with some of his friends from the Sydney area. I didn't have to worry about telling him where I was going.

We drove up to Nick's hotel, where Sal and I would switch cars and get in one with Nick. I spotted a few vans off to the side with huge cameras sticking out of them. Way to be slick, paps.

"Hey, be careful, Jess," Mere called as I climbed out of the car. I gave her a smile and nodded.

"Nick should already be in the SUV," Sal told me. I took in a huge breath and climbed into the second car. Nick sat tensely in the seat next to me and Sal got into the front.

"Hey, Jess," Nick greeted.

"Hi, how're you?"

"Good, you?"

"Fine."

Wow, how come nobody told me how awkward this was going to be? I guess now I also have guilt on my shoulders because he has a girlfriend.

A couple minutes of silence passed and the driver, Nick's bodyguard, Rick, started asking me some questions.

"So, Jessica, where are you from?"

"Seattle, Washington. Born and raised," I answer. Just thinking about Seattle made me miss home so much. I missed being in a place I knew like the back of my hand.

"Seahawks or Mariners fan?"

"Both."

"Nice. I'm a big Seahawks fan myself, but I'm from Oregon," Rick said.

"Where in Oregon? My aunt lives there."

"Gresham. East of Portland." He takes a right into a parking garage.

"My aunt lives in Olympia. I guess that's pretty close." I grew to really like Rick. He lived on the west coast and loved the Seahawks, so what was there to not like about him?

"Do you miss Seattle?" Nick suddenly spoke up. I nod sadly.

"More than anything. Where'd you grow up?"

"Dallas, Texas," he stated proudly. I thought it was pretty funny that we both lived in really popular cities. Me in Seattle, and Nick in Dallas.

"Do you still live there?"

"No, but I visit often. Jamie lives there, so I guess it's a win, win." We both laugh. I'm glad the mood is lightening up some more.

Rick parks the car and the four of us get out. There was no sign of any paparazzi in the parking garage, but that was bound to change as soon as we got into the public's eye. It should be worse than ever because they're actually called out here and notified that we'd be here.

"So we have to kiss today," Nick said nonchalantly, putting his hands in his jacket pocket. My eyes went wide. I didn't hear about this.

"What?"

Nick nodded slowly and pursed his lips. "My publicist called saying that they wanted this to move a bit quicker," he motioned between the both of us.

"Shit, does Jamie--"

"Yeah, Jamie knows. I told her."

My shoulders dropped. I felt so awful. "Is she okay with it?"

"Eh, she doesn't like it, of course, but she knows there's nothing we can really do." Nick seemed a little down about it and I would understand. This must take a toll on their relationship and all because of me.

"I feel awful, Nick, I'm so sorry."

He turned his head to look at me. "Why should you be sorry? You can't do anything about it. It's just what us artists have to go through. Whether we like it or not."

I nod my head in defeat and he put an arm around my shoulders. I tensed up at first, then realized that I probably should get used to this.

"Where should we go first?" He asked.

I shrug. "We can just walk around until we find something."

As soon as we walk out of the garage, I see several vans with cameras sticking out of them. I saw a few spot us heading into the mall and they immediately hopped out of their cars.

Nick stayed in the front while I was in the back as we were pushed and shoved. Sal stayed with me and Rick went with Nick, both trying to clear a path. Though we were in broad daylight, the camera flashes were blinding.

I kept my head down and tried to sound out everyone's words.

"Hey, Jessica!"

"Nick is this your new girl?"

"Jess you're looking beautiful, baby."

"Nick have you tapped that, bro?"

I coward into Sal's chest and he kept a hand on my shoulder to keep pushing me forward. Finally, we made it through the doors of the mall. Some paps were smart and did what they were supposed to and stayed outside. But about three broke the law and followed us in.

Nick came next to me and grabbed my hand. It felt wrong. This all felt wrong.

"How are you today, Jessica?"

"What's up, Nick?"

"No cameras. Put the cameras away," Rick demanded, putting his hand in the camera. I turned my head from the cameras and Sal directed us towards a Nike store. For sure, the paps weren't allowed in.

We walked inside the store, and by then we had drawn a crowd. People noticed the paparazzi and instantly became curious as to who they were taking pictures of. There were a few people in the store who stared at us.

Sal went to go talk to a store owner to tell him who we were and why there were men outside of the store taking pictures.

"You okay?" Nick asked softly. I looked up into his chestnut colored eyes, wishing I was seeing emeralds, and nodded.

"Yeah, you?"

"Always."

I walked over to some Nike Free Runs, Nick following.

"Have you ever gotten mobbed that bad?" I ask him. There were about ten guys outside the mall. That was pretty bad to me.

"Not often. You're the reason they were all there," he laughed shortly at the end.

I give him a confused look. "No, I don't think so."

"Are you sure? You've only been in this business a year and your first album went number one in less than ten hours, your new album has been number one as a pre-order since it was available, and three of your singles are in the top ten. I think they were here for you."

He had a small smile and a know it all look on his face.

I raise my eyebrows at him. "Damn, have you looked me up or something?" I let out a laugh.

He just shrugged. "Eh, once or twice."

His lips tugged up at the corners and I could tell he was joking. I walked passed him to where some sweatpants were folded neatly on a table.

I shuffled through until I found my size, when suddenly I felt a hand go around my waist. I sucked in a quick breath, then recovered once I saw it was Nick.

"Sorry, the paps were taking pictures," he murmured. I looked out the doors to see that they were. I wondered where the mall security was and why they haven't told them to get out yet. I know for sure in America they can't be doing this.

I set the sweatpants I had in my hands back down, deciding I didn't really need them. "Are you going to get anything?" I ask Nick. He shook his head.

Sal and Rick noticed we were done shopping and led us out the doors again. The same process happened another two times until the paps were escorted out by mall police finally.

But now that they were gone, around fifteen fans had set in and followed us as we walked. I took pictures with most of them and wanted to have a conversation, but I kept getting pushed along by Rick and Sal.

Nick and I held hands throughout the whole thing. Fans noticed and commented on it as well as asking questions about our relationship. Neither of us denied or confirmed anything.

Two hours passed and I was starting to get tired. We had just grabbed some ice cream and it was going to get dark soon, so we decided to get on the road to find a restaurant to eat at.

Paparazzi followed us all the way to our car as well as following our car to a restaurant down the road.

We decided on an outdoor pizza place because I was craving pizza and because it would give paps a view.

Sal and Rick ate a few tables behind us.

"When are we supposed to kiss?" I asked through laughter. It was such a ridiculous question to ask.

Nick shrugged. "I guess we could walk around after this and let it go from there."

We ate our pizza quietly before a nagging question popped into my head.

"I'm sorry, I have to ask. I was a little girl once. What was the real reason the Jonas Brothers broke up?"

Nick choked on his pizza and coughed before taking a chug of his water. "Why do you want to know?"

"Because you're Nick Jonas and when I was younger I loved the Jonas Brothers. So what better time to ask why my favorite band broke up, than now when I'm fake dating one of the brothers?"

"That was a long explanation."

"Stop stalling! Just tell me."

"It just didn't work out," he replied simply. He waited for a reaction from me, but I wouldn't let him get one.

"Whatever. Don't tell me then."

He rolled his eyes and chuckled. "Are you finished? It's almost seven and we should probably walk around a bit."

I nod. The manager comes back over to give us our check as well as wishing us a good night. Nick and I decide split the check since we couldn't choose who was going to pay. Sal and Rick stay at the restaurant to finish. There was no need for them to walk with us because there weren't any fans around and the paps were staying in their vans.

We walk back onto the sidewalk and Nick wraps an arm around my waist again, kissing the side of my head. I phone vibrated in my back pocket and I pulled it out to see who texted me.

Harold

Hey, where are you? Jane said you went out. Could've brought me with you, you know. 😂

»I couldn't, you were out with friends remember?

Yeah but I would've come, Jessy.

»That's what he said.

Very mature

»I have to go. I'll see you later.

I slip my phone back into my pocket.

"Was that Harry?" Nick asked suddenly.

"Uh, yeah, sorry."

Nick brushed off the apology with a flick of his wrist. "You apologize too much, Jess."

I almost said sorry again, but caught myself.

"How the hell are we supposed to kiss? This is so awkward," Nick admits.

Fuck it. It has to happen at some point. I stop walking and when Nick turns to see why I have stopped, I take the collar of his shirt and place my lips on his.

His lips were full and soft and moved against mine. He was a good kisser, but there was still something missing. I realized instantly that my mind and heart wished it were Harry that I was kissing.

We ended the kiss after a few seconds. Nick's eyes were a bit wild in surprise.

"Sorry, no offense or anything, but I kind of wanted to get it over with," I blurt.

He smirked. "None taken."

We finished our lap around the area and headed back towards the pizza place where Rick and Sal were waiting. We all got into the van and started back towards my hotel.

I took out my phone, being sure not to check any social media. To be honest, I wasn't ready to see what was being said.

Jane Collins

The paps got everything. I'm sorry you have to do all of this. I know you don't want to, honey. It'll be done soon.

Taylor Swift

Hey, call me when you get back to the states! Ella and I wanna meet up with you. 😘

Ella O.

Hey, babe! Are Nick and you together? So cute! 😝

I don't respond to either of them. Frankly, because I was too tired and I wasn't up for "girl time" right now. I wasn't even sure if I was aloud to talk about Nick and I's relationship to other artists.

Eventually, we roll up in front of my hotel and I say bye to Nick. Sal and I get out and are assaulted with more lights. God, this was getting so tiring. I kept my sunglasses on and head down the entire time.

As soon as I'm at my door, Sal turns to me. "You alright, sweetie?"

"Yup, I'm fine. Good night, Sally, thank you," I respond. He just laughs at me and I head into my room. The first thing I do is change into some sweats and a tee shirt. I was way too tired to even shower. I could always do that in the morning when I'm not about to pass out.

As soon as I hit the bed, exhaustion takes over me and my eyes close.
__________

Not really any Harry in this chapter :/ But Nick and Jess kissed! Ahhh now what's gonna happen? Thank you for over 1.3k reads. That's amazing, honestly. BUT HOLY CRAP OTRA KICKED OFF LAST NIGHT AND THERES NO WORDS.

Please comment any feedback you want! I don't really care what ya'll say, I just love reading the comments! :)

Twitter: @wtvrharold

xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

637K 17.2K 59
The sequel to Adore You. This is not a stand alone book, so if you have not read the first book, this story will not make sense!! * Sometimes there a...
43.1K 1.2K 25
𝐈𝐍𝐈𝐓𝐈𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 /iˌniSHēˈāSH(ə)n/ (n.) the action of beginning something. ❝In which two teens are much more powerful than they seem.❞ ˢᶜᵒᵗᵗ ᵐᶜᶜᵃ...
269K 9.5K 34
Not everyone can reside in a private sphere, especially Harry Styles.
949K 16.3K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...