The Chronicles of Narnia: The...

By Anna__Bonanno

It's been 10,000 years since the Last Battle occurred. A new era of Evil has befallen Narnia where a corrupt... More

Author's Note
Cast
Playlist
Chapter 1: What Started Out as a Typical Day...
Chapter 2: Five Bodies Fell from the Sky
Chapter 3: Explanations and Chases
Chapter 4: Moving Forward in Hard Times
Chapter 5: The Valiant and The Just
Chapter 6: Unexpected Love
Chapter 7: Princess Ariana Bell and The Phoenix
Chapter 8: Training and Traveling
Chapter 9: Reunited
Chapter 10: Planning
Chapter 11: A King and a Princess
Chapter 12: The First Battle
Chapter 13: The Chase
Chapter 14: Taken
Chapter 15: Eliza's Return
Chapter 16: The Kings and Queens of Old
Chapter 17: Silence
Chapter 18: The Sparkling Lady
Chapter 19: Losing Hope
Chapter 20: The Return of the Kings (and Queens)
Chapter 21: Rise
Chapter 22: The Escape
Chapter 23: The White Stag
Chapter 24: Aethereal Madness and Venenatio Rubra
Chapter 25: Don't Let Go
Chapter 26: Awake
Chapter 27: Penny For Your Thoughts?
Chapter 28: Just a Girl and a Boy
Chapter 29: The Toll
Chapter 30: Anna's Choice
Chapter 31: Adam's Master Plan
Chapter 32: The War to End All Wars
Chapter 33: The Phoenix Rises
Chapter 34: The Victory
Chapter 35: The Old Take Action
Chapter 36: Where to Next?
Chapter 37: The Walk and Talk
Chapter 38: The Kings and Queens of New
Chapter 39: A Royal Ball
Chapter 40: Soulmates
Chapter 41: Leaving Narnia in the Best Hands
Chapter 42: Checks and Balances
Chapter 43: New Limitations
Chapter 44: Zoran's Fear
Chapter 45: The Proposal
Chapter 46: Lessons and Politics
Chapter 47: Clones
Chapter 48: A Cake Tasting
Chapter 50: A Drop of Rain
Author's Note

Chapter 49: The Return

15 0 0
By Anna__Bonanno

Zoran's POV

I just stared at the big lion that stood before us. It was the first time any of us had seen him since he left the crowning ceremony. I heard Ariana say something but it didn't register in my ears. I had such a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. God damn it. I knew this day would come. But did it have to be now? Anna is actually going to kill me. I thought to myself as we followed Aslan to the gardens. I gripped Ray's hand and she gave me the reassuring squeeze that I needed. There was a wordless communication between the two of us. Once we got to the great big oak tree, Aslan stood up in front of us.

"It is nice to see you all again. I see that Narnia is doing extremely well and that you all have done your jobs well. But now it is time for you to go,"

There was a silence that hung in the air. I braced myself for what would be an angry Anna. It didn't take long. "What?!? You're joking. Now? No way. Nope. Why now?"

"Where on earth is this coming from? Why now? Couldn't we have a heads up?" asked Ariana who looked deeply concerned

"Because this was the time chosen for you to leave. You cannot stay here forever, you must return to your own world. But one day, some of you may yet return to Narnia," Aslan said as he took a seat in front of the oak tree.

"Anna, he's right, it's time to go," I said trying not to give away the fact that I already knew this was coming. I had been counting down the days.

"Why are you so damn calm about this? Aren't you mad that..." she trailed off for a second. "You already knew, didn't you. You fucking knew this was coming,"

God damn it. Why does she have to be so smart that she can put the piece together? I thought to myself as I shared a look of help to Ray. "Zoran and I thought that ten years would be plenty of time. We didn't expect it to go by so quickly. I mean lo--"

Ray was cut off by Ariana and Patrick yelling, "YOU THOUGHT TEN YEARS WAS ENOUGH?!?!"

"It's bad enough that you knew ahead of time and were not telling us. But picking how long we'd get to stay? Come on, really? You couldn't at least consulted us," said Jackson as he rubbed his eyes in frustration

It was at that moment we all realised how quiet Anna had gotten. We all turned and looked at her. She then began to speak, "You, two decided that tens years would be enough time for us to be here, didn't fucking tell or consult us, and expect us to just happily get up and leave?" she took a breath before, "ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS RIGHT NOW?? I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU RIGHT NOW!!"

"Anna just listen to me for a second,"

"No, Zoran. You don't get to speak right now. My wedding that I have been planning for MONTHS is supposed to take place early next month. But you didn't once think to tell me that I don't know maybe... MOVE THE WEDDING UP A BIT??"

Oh fuck. She's madddd. Understandably though. Think Zoran, think. I thought as I tried to come up with a reasonable answer. "Anna there was no way for us to tell you without giving it away. I couldn't just say 'hey Anna, you know the wedding you've been planning? Yeah, can you move the whole thing up a month or two for me? Thanks.' No. You would've wanted an explanation that I couldn't have given you,"

"IT'S CALLED A BULLSHIT EXCUSE ZORAN!! Oh my God, you're my brother! I would've taken whatever you had said into consideration and would have probably moved the wedding. But no you didn't do that. It's my wedding. MY FUCKING WEDDING THAT I HAVE BEEN LOOKING FORWARD TO FOR MONTHS AND YOU HAVE THE AUDACITY TO KEEP THIS FROM ME,"

By now we were in each other's faces having a full-on yelling match. "Do you honestly think that I wanted to be the one to cancel your wedding?"

"Well it sure damn looks that way now doesn't it? This is actually unbelievable," Anna then took a deep breath and started backing away from me, "I'm done. I'm so fucking done. So fuck off Zoran," she then turned to Aslan, "Let it be known that I'm not leaving. So fuck you, I'm done," and with that, she turned around and stormed back inside the castle.

There was a moment of awkward silence since I'm pretty sure in the entire history of Narnia no one has talked back to or cursed at Aslan before. Patrick was the one who broke the silence, "I'll go talk to her," he then ran off after her.

We all then looked back at Aslan, "I was expecting a reaction out of you all. But I was not expecting that. But please understand that it is not Ray or Zoran's fault. Yes, I asked them to pick how long you would stay here but I told them not to tell you all. They wanted to but they also understood that if you had known, you wouldn't have acted like yourselves,"

I looked over at Jackson and Ariana who seem to have begun to understand why we did what we did. They nodded, "I apologise for yelling at you Ray and Zoran. You were just doing what you were told. I think that if you could've you would have told us. It's just a little shocking, that's all." said Ariana as came to give us both hugs.

"it's alright. I figured at least Anna was going to be pissed," Ray then turned to hug Jackson as well. It was then that we heard more yelling from Patrick and Anna. Ray sighed, "I feel bad that Patrick has to go calm her down. I mean I know he's her fiance and the best at calming her down. But convincing a bride that your wedding is cancelled because you have to go home, that's something he shouldn't have to do. It's just not fair,"

"Then why don't you go do it Ray?" teased Jackson

"Oh well, I value my life and know fully well that Anna can be deadly when that mad,"

We all laughed at that, the mood was lightened a bit. After a few more moments, we noticed that the yelling had stopped a little while ago and that it was quiet. We were all sitting on the grass when we heard a door open. Anna and Patrick were walking out holding hands, but you could tell she had been crying. Her mascara was a little runny but what gave it away was the tear-stained spot on Patrick's shoulder. "Sorry, Aslan. I didn't mean to yell at you. I'm just upset, I mean who wouldn't be if their wedding gets cancelled the month before it's supposed to happen. And I'm sorry Zoran. I know it's not your fault that you didn't tell us. You were just following orders,"

I nodded at her, signalling that I accepted her apology. Aslan then stood up, "I'd like the chance to explain why Zoran and Ray got to pick when you all would leave. You see, they've learned all they can from Narnia. So they will not be returning to Narnia after they leave,"

"That makes a lot more sense if you think about it," said Patrick

"Yes. That is why they kept it a secret. They didn't want you all worrying or acting differently because you were on a clock. Everything works out the way it's supposed to. Now, I will give you a minute to say goodbye,"

It was then that everything became surreal. It's been ten years since we got here and it still feels like only yesterday. I watched as Anna gave Ariana a giant hug. They had gotten so close over the years. Anna took off her engagement ring, "Please keep it. I'm pretty sure we aren't allowed to bring things from Narnia back home. So if you would just keep it safe, in case I return," it was evident that as Anna was talking she was trying not to cry.

"Of course. I will look after it for as long as I shall live. It will be safe until you return," she turned to the rest of us, "As will your weapons. I will make sure they are properly stored and kept safe. They are rightfully yours, so no one shall touch or use them again until you return,"

We thanked her. Ray and I went to take off our wedding bands to give it to Ariana, but Aslan shook his head. "Ray and Zoran, you may keep your rings. Since you won't be returning to Narnia, they can serve as a reminder to your time here,"

It then struck me, this might very well be the last time Ariana and Jackson would see each other. Why does time gotta act so weirdly here? I watched as Ariana and Jackson embraced. There were tears in Ariana's eyes. They kissed each other and to the rest of us, it looked like one of those kisses you see in the movies where the hero knows he's about to die. After they were finished, Jackson stepped forward to join the rest of us. Aslan then turned his head toward the great oak tree and blew. The tree did the exact same thing it did when the Kings and Queens of Old returned to their world. There was a doorway waiting for us to walk through.

Just as we were about to walk through, Ariana called out to us, "Wait! I-I I just to thank you for all that you've done for me. You've helped me prepare to rule Narnia by myself. I feel more confident than ever. I owe you all so much that I wish I could make it so that you would live the rest of your lives here. But it is not to be. So I sincerely hope we meet again one day and I promise you that I will rule Narnia to the best of my ability. Ray and Zoran, I wish you nothing but the best in life and hope you find happiness. The memories I have with you I will cherish for the rest of my life. Anna and Patrick, I do hope we meet again. I'm so glad I'm able to call you all my friends and the things you have taught me, I promise to use them in my ruling," she then turned to face Jackson, "Jackson, I-I,"

Jackson cut her off by running up and hugging her, "I know, I know," he whispered in her ear

After he put her down, she took his face in her hand and placed her forehead against his. "I promise I will see you again. If not in this lifetime, then in the next. If we are to not meet again then I will see you again when we are reunited in the stars. I promise. I promise I will not love another, you are the only one for me. I love you and I always will. Remember that,"

By now almost all of us had tears in our eyes. It was heartbreaking to watch Ariana and Jackson say goodbye. He couldn't even reply, he just nodded and kissed her one more time before rejoining us. Ariana then went to stand by Aslan, it was then time to go. Jackson went first because if he stayed another second, getting him to leave would be impossible. Anna and Patrick went next. Then it was Ray and I's turn. Ray went first and I took one last look at the beautiful picture before me. I watched as the world around me faded and went back. I was going home.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

68.3K 2K 37
"I've heard of this place." "You have?" "My mother used to tell me stories." ----------------------- Charlotte Baker always believed in a fantasy wor...
72.1K 1.7K 29
After Caspian is crowned King of Narnia, his new duties leave little time for Althea as he must travel and even battle other countries to unite Narni...
116K 5.8K 33
James Pevensie and his siblings unexpectedly return to Narnia, but everything's changed. He hadn't expected to bring his friends along with him, but...