The War of Love and Money

By AmelSmith

A wealthy family fights for the inheritance when their grandfather decided Suddenly to write his will and giv... More

Characters Description
Cha-pter *1*
Cha-pter *2*
Cha-pter *3*
Cha-pter *4*
Cha-pter *6*
Cha-pter *7*
Cha-pter *8*
Cha-pter *9*
Cha-pter *10*
Cha-pter *11*
Cha-pter *12*
Cha-pter *13*
Cha-pter *14*
Cha-pter *15*
Cha-pter *16*
Cha-pter *17*
Cha-pter *18*
Cha-pter *19*
Cha-pter *20*
Cha-pter *21*
Cha-pter *22*
Cha-pter *23*
Cha-pter *24*
Cha-pter *25*
Cha-pter *26*
Cha-pter *27*
Cha-pter *28*
The End

Cha-pter*5*

487 39 231
By AmelSmith

Some evil thoughts had swept suddenly, in a gleam of light, across the young man's mind, showing him the wicked nature of his plan to get hold of Xin Ci. And for the moment, causing his whole nature to revolt against Lan Yi and her boyfriend. But the light faded slowly seeing the gazes the two exchanged secretly; a state of darkness and confusion followed in Yezun's head, and then an unpleasant current of thoughts moved on in his head.   

"I will break you two down and if I don't have Xin Ci, then no-one else will" Slowly, and now with an attitude of deeper abstraction, moved Shen Yezun backwards leaving the living room, of which he felt was the only occupant. He felt that he was alone, that no-one payed attention to him. All of them were busy with their absurd conversations. Yezun couldn't cope with the romance the two love birds exchanged, he even was imagining things.

Leaving quietly while his soul drawn intimately close to him through inclinations to evil, he kept that consciousness in his mind. His plan was close to devilish, his eyes didn't  shine an innocent sparkle but we're full of jealousy and dark hatred. That only showed the wrong direction of his mind. He was struggling in temptation, and with all his inherited cupidities bearing him downward.

"Just wait to see!" He murmured climbing the stairs. Suddenly he heard his name, Yezun turned his head, and listened eagerly to his favourite man, yet with a strange agitation. Someone had tried to calm things down, someone could easily read through his mind. For a few moments Yezun stood in an attitude of a profound attention. He couldn't hear his name in that voice repeated.

"I hope you consider what you said and did earlier" How audibly, throbbing his heart to his own ears. Yezun was scared to lose this game he yet started.

"How oppressive and cold you are! Thinking of you not only makes my heart burns in fire but makes the blood rushes to my over-excited brain! You make me go crazy for you" Like any other time Xin Ci would have stepped quickly and with undisturbed move, he would slap Yezun or even deal with him in the most cold and ignorant way. But guilty thoughts awakened his nervous brain.

Suspicion and fear, sounded an instant alarm in his brain. Still, very still, stood Xin Ci, even to the occasional suppression of his breathing, which, to him, seemed strangely loud. Several minutes passed, and then the young man commenced silently to walk away backwards silently with a winner smile. Xin Ci's eyes were following the elegant beauty of Yezun, yet not being able to accept his aggressive behaviour.

From that hour Yezun was to be the subject of a fierce temptation. He had admitted an evil suggestion, and had warmed it in the land of his mind, even to upgrowth. Already on the process to execute his devilish plan with a wrongly feeling that had unfortunately grew lusty and gave sad promise of an evil tree. His love was unhealthy and ugly with threat and possessiveness.

Twenty minutes after ten, and still Shen Bai couldn't get a sight of his executive assistant. He was supposed to be in his office at nine but the fight with Yezun sure kept him busy. He called for him but he wasn't answering his phone "What the hell is he doing that old man? Is he not finished talking with that naughty boy?" Mr. Bai had already drunk his morning coffee and kept waiting in his office for long, that was so unusual.

"I apologize for being late?" Anxiety was visible on his face. Xin Ci was unable to lie or hide his feelings, especially to his friend and boss.  He was always upfront and honest, mastering every task with meticulous and arrogant precision. The situation in which it had become betrayed a fatal mistake that no one else had committed but him. Yes, he always carried the consequences of his own mistakes and those of others.

"Given the fact that you are so late this morning when you literally arrived earlier knowing I am waiting. Then you were caught having a serious fight with my grandchild. Xin Ci! My dear, you couldn't cease but to amaze me with your unacceptable behaviour today. So what happened" Logically saying, his question needed a realistic answer. Xin Ci was rearranging his excuses in mind to come up with a true one not far from what he was going to hide for now.

"It's nothing important, I will deal with Yezun later on. He was just misbehaving like usual being all careless of what comes out of his own mouth" With all caution and without having to manipulate his excuses, Xin Ci answered and persuaded the man who had his eyes caging him for a while, waiting for something extraordinary.

"Okay, prepare for a board meeting. I want to discuss new wide policies and issues. As well as I will introduce Yunlan as my heir. I know they were expecting Shen Wei so far, but I want to surprise them. This is the DNA test that proves that he is my son. I want this done silently. Make copies of the will, test examination and distribute it to all directors and heads of basic departments. I want to celebrate his return on New Year's Eve with all the world knowing his position"

"So you have the right to celebrate without him knowing the truth? Why not tell Zhao Yunlan that you are his real father!?" Xin Ci's question couldn't be ignored any better.

"Just do what I asked you. I have a meeting with a new partner proceed with the contract quickly and meet me in the company later" Shen Bai took his leave without adding more explanation as if he was running away from something troubling him.
Bringing his son whom he disowned long ago, to suddenly give him his entire fortune without even telling him the truth. Xin Ci viewed it as a malice conspiracy that would bring harm to everyone, yet the reason behind it was still unknown.

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

He was getting in the police car, very angry and confused about himslef.  He did not know what he would decide, would he tell Mr. Bai about what Shen Wei did wrong or just wait until he could find a solution that fits them all. For him, Shen Wei was no longer an enemy or a suspect inside a cage, but inside his heart was an important person who is difficult to approach or even think of harming.  Not a day has come for Yunlan to even think of forgiving a distressed person.

"Shen Wei Ah! Why do I think of you more than of my own priorities, why? You are making some illegal deals and are wrongly running your wife's casino. You are making deals and selling drugs in a country that rejects this and considers it a heinous crime punishable by law" Yunlan soon was startled by the sound of his phone ringing.

"Mr. Zhao Yunlan! The thief requested to make a call, shall we allow him?" The officer at the police station asked with some embarrassment.    

"Don't allow him anything, no calls, no food, not even water until I reach there. Don't listen to him at all, heard me?" The car stopped because of the traffic light. The officer driving the car didn't expect Yunlan's scary attitude, it was true like they call him the heartless crazy fox. After few seconds of silence, Yunlan said coldly,

"Can't you go fast, what's the use of a police car anyway?." Upon hearing the sharp order, the low ranked officer immediately did what he had been ordered. Without any expression on his face. Yunlan walked inside the police station a bit hesitant yet impatient to meet his sweetheart. 

"Officer Zhao? Is it true that he is from the Shen family, he kept saying his name but we all ignored him"

"Are you stupid? Of course he is. And so what? Will you just release a criminal if he was famous or rich?" Yunlan as always said bravely without a thought back. The expression on his face suddenly changed. He looked to the far cell where Shen Wei was locked to see him sitting on the bare cold floor, his heart was pounding strongly from both anger and worrisome.

"Did you feed him?" Because it was passed lunch time, Yunlan was a bit concerned. Shen Wei didn't put any food in his mouth since last night dinner.

"Nope, didn't you order not to give him anything!" The officer was confused, he knew what kind of person was Zhao Yunlan, a heartless and cold detective who has no mercy on anyone but to make justice at all prices.

"I said that only because I was angry, I never meant that"

Shen Wei licked his dry lips, when the sound of well-known footsteps was heard in the passage below. A brief time, and then the cell door was opened, and Zhao Yunlan came in holding a plate of food. What a deepness of tenderness was in his voice as he bent down his lips to those of his sweet Shen Wei, murmuring in a concerned voice.

"Can I feed you?!" Yunlan touched, with a gentler pressure, the pale forehead of his beautiful man, looking into Shen Wei's face whose eyes drooped under his earnest gaze. Soon he raised his weak hand and hit the plate from Yunlan's hand to fall and spill on the floor.

"Don't get near me you filthy asshole," He replied, with a brave evasion in his tone and manner.

Yunlan soon observed that his Wei was more thoughtful and less talkative than usual. Yunlan studied his behaviour but regarded what he did say with closer attention, hoping to draw a correct inference, without seeming to notice his altered mood. 

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

"Mr. Jasper's business is increasing?" The woman said, somewhat interrogatively, while they still sat at the table, an expression of her husband's leading to this remark.   

"Yes, it is increasing very rapidly," replied Clair, with animation.

"The fact is, he is going to get rich. Do you know that his profit on to-day's sales amounted to fifty dollars?"   

"So much?" Said Edith the actor on the TV.

"When the rich wage war it’s the poor who die" While Wang pretend to watch and focus on her favourite series. 'True Riches', Lan Yi just came to her room and said sarcastically. She sat next to her as they both looked to the TV with disinterest.

"What's that" Asked Wang with a curious tone.

"A famous proverb darling, did you not watch this episode last night? Clair will say that after the break" Lan Yi's eyes were like eagle sparkling with evil inside.

"Fifty dollars a day," Resumed Claire, the lady with the blond hair and a tall slender body. 

"Counting three hundred week-days in the year, gives the handsome sum of fifteen....."

Wang turned the TV off. It wasn't the time to occupy herself with her favourite series. She was busy thinking where did her husband disappear. The visit of Lan Yi was sure for a reason, the girl waited politely for her husband's stepmom to say what she was here for.

"Listen my darling! This filthy world revolves around money and power. And this series you were watching shows the best description of today's society. If you have no wealthy background they will eat you up and maybe crash you like an insect. But if you are rich enough to meet their standards they will respect you and make you their friend rather than their enemy" 

"Which means?" Wang couldn't understand why this woman was here and why she was lecturing her about things that she already know about them. She grew up rich, so she kinda know that she has power and doesn't need advices.

"This means that me and you and the other members of the family are under that Zhao Yunlan's mercy. If it's true that he is the eligimate son of Mr. Bai. We are certainly doomed. What I am asking you is to convince Shen Wei to join forces. If we put our hands together we can eradicate him so he can not force his way to rule. I see that Wei is already in bad terms with him which is good for us........."

"You must be joking Madam Yi, Shen Wei would rather die to join forces with you. Did you forget the past or maybe the present too" Before the woman finished speaking, Wang sharply interrupted her and gave her a look of amazement.

"Sweetie, please try to understand.  We are living in a difficult era where the weak do not exist. Sometimes it takes you to put your hand in the hand of your enemy just to protect your interest. It's temporary, and now our enemy is common. After we get rid of Yunlan, I will talk to your husband and try end our conflicts. So what do you think?" Wang knew that this is what they will be doing if they really need to win against that intruder. But most importantly she was worried about her husband's feelings.

"Are you gonna talk to him?" Lan Yi asked knowing that she got already into her deep conscious and convinced her.

"Let's do this much with an organized manner. First, I need to convince Wei and Yezun, I know he listens to me  then we see how to deal with that scary Zhao Yunlan" Wang was desperate to protect her husband caring less for herself. 

"By the way, here is the business card of my best friend's daughter. She is a good Gynecologists, she studied in Germany and now opened her own hospital. I recommend you to go see her but alone"

"Why?" Wang was astounded by her weird request. Lan Yi didn't want Shen Wei to go with her for a good enough reason.

"Wang! You should be smart. You've been seeing the same doctor for long. Have you ever heard another doctor's opinion? Of course no, because Shen Wei won't let you. Why don't you go alone and see yourself before you can tell him" Lan Yi let out a chuckle as she could see how surprised Wang was and most importantly how she trusted everything she said. Wang kept quite, her brows furrowed as she looked far to the silent TV.   

🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

"Hey? Have you eaten anything? You've been cranky since yesterday." Zhao Yunlan asked. He looked at his watch, it was half past 9 P.M. Yunlan made Wei stay in that cell the whole day repenting on his missbehaviour and sharp attacks.

"If I don't tame you, you won't come to me so willingly sweetheart" His eyes scanned Wei a bit softer than usual. 

"Shit! Yunlan, he is a man you don't like men, remember this, you don't like men" Yunlan thought to himself before Shen Wei pushed his hand that was about to caress his cheek.

"An asshole is an asshole, this fact can never change. Take me home" His reply was quick, aggressive just the usual.   

"You know you can talk vile. Why were you pretending last time in the restaurant" Zhao Yunlan said.   

"Asshole, bastard, dick-head, rapist." Shen murmured and turned away.    Just as he did, Zhao Yunlan's phone beeped signaling he had received a message. He read the message and clicked on the attached link that came with it. He looked at Shen Wei after he had finished reading. He was never happier than today.

"What's with the creepy smile?" Shen Wei was disturbed by the look on Yunlan's face.   

"Look here, Isn't this your signature on the sale of drugs contract? And this type of Heroin is the most banned type from entering the country. Baby, how strong and bold you are every day I fall in love with you more. Now I have more than one evidence against you. If you do not listen to me, I will destroy you from all sides, and there are still so many to show you" Yunlan  heaved a sigh and said softly.  

"It's your fault for giving me such a chance to insult you. I can put you in jail now, I have evidences but what to do, I need to play with you a little bit more."   

"What do you mean?" Shen Wei asked as he find it so hard to understand. He almost shouted. Yunlan just smiled back in silence hearing the frustration and hurt in Shen Wei's voice. He tapped his shoulder and said,

"Don't worry about it you will soon understand what I mean. Now you need to wash up, eat something so you can focus on what I have to say. I am taking you to my house. From today on Shen Wei! You belong to me" Hearing those unreasonable words. Shen Wei silently cried. He wouldn't believe his old man would go this far to send someone just to destroy him and break him down. He couldn't believe his life is turning into a living hell.

"Dad! Mom! I am so helpless, I need your help" Shen Wei felt like his whole world crashed. He did not know what to do. But to follow Yunlan and listen to him for now.

"Don't ask for anyone's help but me, because I won't allow that." Yunlan furiously grabbed Wei and pulled him by wrist to fall over his chest. They looked into each other eyes as if reading a long story of an agonizing history.

"My heart is pounding for this man whom I hate so much, why? Why am I falling for him, he is jerk and vile, why?"

😔😔😔😔😔😔

I apologize for the mistake I made. I just published before I could finish the chapter

It's now ready, please ENJOY

😍😍😍😍😍😍

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

48.5K 2.2K 27
The story is about revenge and love that emerge between a very rich businessman, the heir of one of the biggest investment companies in the country a...
21K 1.2K 23
My favourite couple as always are my Shen Wei and Zhao Yunlan from Guardian by Priest. the story is about two cousins that they grew up together as l...
24.2K 1.8K 82
Shen Wei only remember living with his uncle Chu since he lost his mother when he was 8 years old in his burn down village. They moved to make new l...
96.6K 5.5K 45
It's difficult to live a normal life when nobody else can see your 'friends' and everybody thinks you're a crazy man who speaks to himself. Wei is a...