3 Paths to Love

By MimSSog

Three omega brothers, Taeyong, Seunghyeon, and Myungsuk, set out to navigate three very different life stages... More

Author Notes - Awards
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Extra: Wishes
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Special: To Fight like a Pirate [Seunghyeon x Kwangsun]
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Special: Little Red Riding Hood AU [Seunghyeon & Kwangsun] (18+)
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Autism Acceptance Month
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Q&A Announcement
Chapter 31
Q & A
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Hiatus Update
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58 (Part 1/2)
Chapter 58 (Part 2/2)
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61

Chapter 8

115 12 1
By MimSSog

Myungsuk padded across the apartment, squinting as the morning light streamed in through the enormous windows. Saturday mornings were the best. No classes and no work.

He knocked on Daehyun's office door, two volumes of Galactica in his hands and headphones around his neck.

"Come in," Daehyun called out and Myungsuk stepped in.

He walked straight over to the couch and flopped on. Soft enough to be comfy but not too soft where he'd sink in. It was just right. He crossed his legs with one volume in his lap and slid on his headphones, taking a deep breath in time with the steady lo-fi beats.

Flicking his eyes up, Daehyun continued staring at his screen, squinting at it behind his glasses. Myungsuk wiggled his toes and lifted his book, flipping to the first chapter and getting absorbed into the story. Neither one itched to fill the silence. Doing things separately but together was a pleasure only they understood.

Myungsuk knew an hour had passed because Daehyun got up and left the room. He paid no mind, continuing to read the part where Sukki meets Viham for the first time at the training camp.

As he read the montage of them in training, sharing meals and instant messaging late into the night, Myungsuk's eyes glazed over. He glanced over at his phone.

He hadn't messaged Insoo yet. Last night was filled staring at an empty text box, every message felt stilted or weird or awkward. He wanted to do this on his own, but that proved to be an impossible task.

Daehyun returned and placed a mug of strawberry tea on the coffee table in front of him, going back to his desk when he met Myungsuk's intense stare.

"Is everything okay?" he asked over the rim of his coffee mug.

Myungsuk pushed his headphones off and closed the book, drumming the cover. "Um, can I ask you something, Hyung?"

Daehyun's expression softened. "You can ask me anything," he said, walking over to sit next to him. "What is it?"

Myungsuk shifted to face him, fiddling with his phone. "Can you help me text someone?"

Daehyun's eyebrow raised, but he didn't show his surprise in any other way. Myungsuk always left his correspondence to his parents or Taeyong.

"Sure," he said and propped his elbow on the back of the couch. "Is it this Cheung Insoo?"

Myungsuk's eyes widened. "How—" He cut himself off. Taeyong. "Yes, it's Insoo," he said and held out the empty text screen to him. "How do I start?"

Daehyun took off his glasses as he glanced at the phone. "You should start by telling him it's you. He doesn't have your number, correct?"

Myungsuk nodded. He stared at his phone, his thumbs frozen over his keyboard.

"Just type. 'Hi, this is Myungsuk. From cafe Dalnim.'"

Typing word for word, Myungsuk sucked in his breath as he clicked send, staring up at Daehyun.

"See, that wasn't so hard," Daehyun said and ruffled Myungsuk's hair.

Nodding, Myungsuk pressed into his hand, casting his eyes down. "Thank you, Hyung," he muttered. He nibbled his bottom lip and flipped his phone over in his hands. Now, he just had to wait.

"You're still anxious." Daehyun guided Myungsuk closer and nuzzled the top of his head, Myungsuk closing his eyes as he took in his comforting scent. "You can talk to me. You know I won't tell anyone."

"I know," Myungsuk said and sat up. He stared at the phone in his hands and shrugged. "I just want Insoo to like me."

Daehyun hummed, leaning back with a slow nod. "I understand."

Myungsuk furrowed his brows. Wasn't Daehyun going to get territorial like in the movies? He was sure Taeyong also mentioned Insoo was an alpha. "You do?"

Daehyun nodded. "Of course. Everyone wants to be liked and you're no different. No matter what you say."

Pouting, Myungsuk averted his eyes. "But Insoo's an alpha and I'm..."

"An omega," Daehyun finished. He sighed and sat up. "And that's normal. You're 19, Myungsuk. You deserve to have friends and even date if you want to."

"Deserve is a loaded word."

"But it's true." Myungsuk stared at Daehyun's stern expression. "I know this year has been difficult. But don't let opportunities like this pass. Or you'll regret them for the rest of your life."

Myungsuk studied his face. Daehyun would never talk about regret lightly. Even he knew that.

Myungsuk nodded. "Okay, Hyung."

Daehyun smiled a small yet pleased one. "Good," he said and patted Myungsuk's shoulder. "Just be yourself and you'll be fine."

Myungsuk chuckled. "Myself?"

"Not everyone likes a Taeyong or Seunghyeon character, you know."

"I haven't met someone who hasn't until now," Myungsuk pointed out.

Daehyun chuckled and got up. "This Insoo liked you enough to give you his number. Doesn't that mean something?" he said, sitting back down at his desk.

Myungsuk dragged his thumbs over his jelly phone case. "You have a point," he said, smiling to himself. He wiggled his toes. Was he really the type of person someone could like?

His phone vibrated in his hands and Myungsuk sucked in his breath, holding it up. "It's him," he gasped.

He hovered over the message. "Wait, how long should I wait to open his message?" He'd read in a magazine that he shouldn't seem too eager.

Daehyun stared at him. "Whenever you get the chance. That advice is stupid. Waiting it out is how you make someone frustrated," he said and slid his glasses on and turned back to his screen. "Remember to be yourself."

Myungsuk sighed. Good. One less rule to follow. He bit his lip and opened the two messages.

Curling his toes, Myungsuk hovered his thumbs. "He asked how my day is. What do I say?"

"Myungsuk," Daehyun chuckled. "Tell him the truth. Then return the question to him."

Nodding, Myungsuk took a deep breath and typed.

As soon as the messages were sent, the checkmarks beside them lit up and a typing bubble appeared.

Myungsuk giggled openly at the sticker Insoo sent. It was super cute. Myungsuk occasionally used emojis to get his points across, but never stickers.

Glancing over at the book discarded beside him, he shook his head. He could only handle one topic at a time, and for once, he was more interested in something other than Galactica or space.

Myungsuk bit his lip and scrolled through the various stickers he had, sending one along with his next message.

Myungsuk grinned at his phone and laid his head on the armrest as Insoo started typing longer messages explaining what the experiment would be. With the stream of emojis, he felt Insoo's excitement through the phone, covering his mouth with his hand to stop his own giggles.

Even if Insoo didn't want to date him, Myungsuk wanted to be his friend. He couldn't remember the last time someone was this excited talking to him. Insoo could very well be the first.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

307K 10.7K 63
Kim Taehyung and Jeon Jungkook are fated mates, they live in a system where people are ranked in three different breeds of human wolves. Omega, Alpha...
17.7K 869 23
Taehyung, a sweet omega, and Jungkook, a fragile alpha, share a unique bond as family friends. They reunite twice a year in their hometown Seonju. Su...
5.6K 242 27
Taehyung, the hidden omega prince, leads a seemingly ordinary life with his best friend. But everything takes a mesmerizing turn when a true blood al...
414K 14.2K 36
"Don't trust alphas Taehyung. They will just use you until you are nothing to them." "Yes Mama I understand." _______________________________________...