alaska | grey's anatomy

By friessssssssss

ā‡¢ "Oh, my God. You're a virgin." "Don't-!" "I just had the best sex of my life with a virgin." ā‡¢ "...We're j... More

ā‡¢ C A S T ā‡ 
ā‡¢ P L A Y L I S T ā‡ 
ā‡¢ G R A P H I C S ā‡ 
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 1
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 2
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 3
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 4
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 5
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 6
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 7
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 8
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 9
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 10
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 11
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 12
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 13
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 14
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 15
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 16
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 17
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 18
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 19
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 20
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 21
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 22
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 23 - A.U.
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 24
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 25
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 26
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 27
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 28
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 29
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 30
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 31
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 32
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 33
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 34
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 35
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 36 ; EXTRAS
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 37
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 38
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 39
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 40
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 41 ; EXTRAS
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 42
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 43
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 44
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 45
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 46
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 47
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 48
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 49
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 50
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 51
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 52
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 53
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 54
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 55
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 56
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 57
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 58
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 59
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 60
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 61
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 62
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 63
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 64
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 65
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 66
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 68
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 69
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 70
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 71
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 72
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 73
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 74
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 75
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 76 - A.U.
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 77
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 78
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 79
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 80
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 81
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 82
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 83
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 84
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 85
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 86
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 87
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 88
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 89
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 90
ā‡¢ CHAPTER 91 - EXTRA

ā‡¢ CHAPTER 67

14K 617 422
By friessssssssss

season 9 episode 17

"Jackson Avery really has a bigger say than any of us in running this hospital?" Arizona questioned out loud to the group as she approached the large table to take a seat.

"Well," Holly started, grabbing her cup of coffee, "I don't think you need to say it like that--"

"That can't be true." Cristina commented, ignoring Holly, "Can it?"

Holly scoffed lightly before she took a sip of her coffee and Derek reasoned, "Well, he's a voting member of the management team and he also represents the Harper Avery Foundation."

"And their one hundred seventy-five million bucks." Callie added, taking a seat next to Arizona.

"As opposed to our fifteen million apiece." Arizona sighed as Holly kept her head down, feeling a drift between her and the others.

"According to Stan," Derek informed, "not only does he have the deciding vote, he can veto ours."

The others, excluding Holly, looked at Derek with a slacked jaw, "Well," Holly shrugged as she took another sip of her coffee, "just because he can, doesn't mean he will--"

"This is ridiculous." Cristina voiced, "He's a fellow."

"So are you." Meredith and Holly reminded.

"And you're a resident." Cristina gestured to Holly, making the redhead quirk a brow.

"And yet," Holly shrugged, "I'm here."

"Well," Cristina corrected, "he's a plastics fellow. And I'm me."

"Yeah, well," Holly shrugged again, "like it or not, that plastics fellow is the one who came up with the idea--"

"Just because he came up with the idea, doesn't mean he should be in charge of us." Cristina rationalized, making Holly frown her eyebrows.

"Well," Meredith interrupted before Holly could continue, "let's not overreact. I mean, it's Jackson, he's not some corporate stranger. He's one of us."

"No, you're right." Derek nodded, "He's a smart kid. He's gonna follow our lead."

"Yes." Holly smiled, "Exactly--"

"No. No." Callie shook her head, "We made this plan. We pulled it together. Look," She noted, "I'm grateful to Harper Avery for an infusion of cash, but I'm--I'm not gonna let some--some..."

"Plastics fellow?" Cristina supplemented.

Callie nodded, "Plastics fellow tell me how to run my service 'cause his mommy said he could."

"Preach." Arizona agreed as she flipped through the papers in their proposal. Holly looked around in slight shock at the doctors in front of her, not believing how quickly they had turned their opinion on him simply because he was now in their group.

"Okay," Arizona continued, "so we're agreed that the Peds and adult E.R.s will be combined to save on personnel?"

"Yeah." Cristina nodded and everyone else followed in mutters of agreement before someone entered the room.

"I'm sorry, guys." Jackson apologized, walking into the room with folders, a huge binder, and a box of donuts that had yet to be unveiled-- either way, Holly smiled at the sight, "I was running on time, and then my last rounds' patient turned into a crier." He placed the box of donuts in the middle of the table and whispered, "Pow."

Holly held in a chuckle at his sound effect before reaching over to grab two donuts, handing one to Derek-- and with some hesitation, the man eventually grabbed and bit into it.

"Uh," Meredith interrupted the small awkward silence that drowned the room, "we were discussing the reopening of the E.R. and the trauma department."

"Oh," Jackson nodded, trying to find the papers for that in the sea of files in front of him, "yes. Um, I'm not ready for that just yet."

"If you need more time with the material," Derek pointed out after swallowing his bite, "we can go ahead--"

"No, no," Jackson assured, "I've--I've read it. Uh, it's just that the Foundation feels like the E.R. is not a foregone conclusion." His information made the others tilt their heads, "They need a site visit, a chance to look over the numbers. It could be a month before a decision."

"Okay." Arizona released a chuckle as Meredith took a donut and Holly immediately brought her head down as she ate her own doughnut, feeling a conflict arise in her, "The Foundation knows we plan on getting our Level I trauma designation back, right?"

"They know that's the idea," Jackson nodded, "yeah."

"Uh," Callie reiterated, "it's the fact."

"I think we should table this until we can bring in Owen." Cristina shrugged, "Uh, he'll have a lot of thoughts on this, too."

"Yeah--"

"That's--" Jackson interrupted the chorus between the surgeons, "that's the other thing."

"What other thing?" Holly asked, looking between Jackson and the other doctors.

Jackson noticed the looks from the doctors as he cleared his throat, "Okay... since we are starting fresh, the thought is that new leadership would be good for morale."

Holly raised her brows and took a sip of her coffee as Cristina tilted her head, "What, like, uh, Chief of Surgery?"

"Oh," Callie shook her head, "no way."

"Firing Owen?" Meredith frowned her eyebrows.

"Okay," Cristina commented, "we're not firing Owen."

"Okay, well," Jackson nodded, "the Foundation thinks that--"

"Your mother." Callie corrected.

"The Harper Avery Foundation--"

"Your mother, Avery. Just say it."

Holly looked between the two and muttered, "I-I don't think--"

"It's a recommendation." Jackson fixed as Cristina smiled tightly.

"It's an inappropriate one."

"Oh," Callie nodded at Cristina, "tell your mom that. This is bull--"

"And this is going nowhere." Arizona noted, "I have surgery."

"Yeah." Derek nodded at him and Holly, "Us, too. We should get back to this."

"You do." Holly corrected, "I'm studying with Steve and the other residents."

"You know," Cristina began as Holly collected the notebooks full of ideas, "I don't care who's giving you your marching orders, this thing with Owen is not happening."

"Well," Jackson shrugged, making Holly try to hurry up and grab things to not be in the middle, "say what you want, but without the Harper Avery Foundation, none of us are here."

"And we appreciate that." Meredith nodded, "But no one expected them to come in and start dictating policy."

"Yeah, well," Jackson, frustrated from the Foundation and hatred from the doctors, voiced without thinking, "no one asked you to sue the hospital into bankruptcy either."

Holly's brows rose and eyes widened in shock as she looked over at Jackson, not believing the words that came out of his mouth as Cristina chuckled, seeing the conflict now arising with Jackson and Holly that could bring Holly to their side, and Meredith noted, "For the plane crash that killed Mark and Lexie?"

Jackson looked up from his files as guilt landed on him the moment his eyes landed on Holly-- his mind catching up with the words that escaped from his mouth, he moved his head towards Holly as the other women fled out of the room, "Holly--"

"I, um," Holly cleared her throat and grabbed her papers, taking a step back when Jackson took one forward, "I need to study with Steve."

For the rest of the day, Jackson felt the effect of his words as he walked down the halls of the hospital with doctors surrounding him for questions he had no answers for-- Holly would have the answer, he thought, knowing she had gone over through the material more extensively than he had.

After reaching the fifteenth question that he could not answer, Jackson headed down to the library with a binder his mother wanted him to read and the hope of getting Holly the second she exited the library-- instead, Steve came out, and Jackson thought it was better than no one.

"Hey, Steve, buddy." Jackson chuckled, walking up to the man that exited the room.

"Forget it." Steve raised his hands in surrender, "I want to go to the bathroom and I'm not prepared to get in the middle of your lover's quarrel."

"Can you do me a favor?" Jackson pleaded, "Can you get Holly to get out of the room?"

Steve paused, looking at his friend inside the room he left before glancing back at the attending, "Fine."

Jackson smiled, "Thank you, Mostow."

A few seconds later, Steve hurriedly walked out of the room and towards the bathroom as Holly exited the room slowly, not knowing why she was called out before she saw Jackson and released a sigh.

"Holl--"

"Jackson," Holly pointed behind her, "we're in the middle of studying--"

"I know." Jackson nodded, "I know, a-and I couldn't help thinking about my words the entire day."He sighed, "I wasn't thinking-- it's just that with everything my mom has piled on top of me and the obvious disagreement of my position with the others--" He let out a stressful chuckle, "I can't even understand a single word I'm reading from these huge binders."

Holly squinted at him before she grabbed the binder from his hands, looking over the words quickly with a finger under them before she spoke, "Okay, I'll admit, this is boring-- but if you just skip the unnecessary 'big words,' you'll get the point."

Jackson looked over the same page, "What does it say?"

"It says the hospital's policies are now corresponding to other hospitals that are under Pegasus. If we have a complaint on one of the policies, we should contact Pegasus after contacting the Chief Resident and Chief of Surgery to direct us to them." Holly sighed before giving Jackson the binder back to rub her temples, "I've read so many things today my brain is starting to hurt."

Jackson looked over the words before nodding, "Okay, I see it now."

"Good." Holly smiled, "Can I get back to my study session now?"

"Yeah." Jackson chuckled before his eyes landed on her, "Are we... okay, now?"

Holly rolled her eyes as she hid a smile before kissing him lightly, "Yes," She informed as she pulled away, "we're good now"

"It's official," Holly smiled, looking over the doctors after they signed all the papers they needed to, "we're officially the new board of directors."

"For better or for worse." Derek joked, making the doctors laugh lightly as Jackson shook one of the lawyer's hands.

"Congratulations, everyone." Meredith cheered, making the doctors, excluding Jackson, smile at each other before they stood.

"Actually," Jackson interrupted them from walking, "I'd like to share a list of a few things I think are our top priority."

Callie sighed, "You mean that the Foundation thinks--"

"No," Jackson reasoned, "I don't, actually... mean the Foundation or my mom or these stupid protocols." Jackson picked up the binder full of Pegasus rules before throwing them in the trash, making Holly's eyes land on them and wonder if he thought the protocols would end simply if he placed them in the trash-- either way, the sentiment was sweet, "I mean me." 

"Okay," Meredith nodded with an impressed smile, "well... Let's just listen."

"Okay," Arizona agreed as they all sat down, "I'll listen."

"Number one," Jackson began, "I move that we reinstate Owen Hunt as Chief of Surgery, effective immediately. Dr. Hunt has agreed to this."

"Wait," Holly's eyes widened as she looked around, "Hunt quit?"

"Yeah." Cristina nodded with a chuckle, "Where were you?"

"Studying--"

Derek interrupted as he looked at Holly, "There were some conditions."

"Which brings me to my second point." Jackson resumed, "We are reopening the E.R." The group smiled, "We will be a Level-I trauma center again. That will be top priority. Once Owen Hunt is here to share his input. From now on, the Foundation will follow our lead. We will tell them our decisions as we make them."

"Well," Callie smiled as she looked at the group, "Hear, hear."

"Yeah." Arizona nodded, "No, that sounds good."

"I've got one more thing." Jackson added, making Meredith jokingly squint at him.

"Maybe you shouldn't push it."

"We are building a new hospital." Jackson began, standing up to reach for something in his bag, "And that was your vision, not mine. My priority is to make sure your vision comes true. And while it is important that we become a leading center for research and innovation, we have to remember something-- we are now officially a hospital ran by doctors. That should mean something. It is our responsibility to be the best doctors we can possibly be so that those who come after us can strive to be their best. So..." Jackson smiled, "with that in mind, I move to rename the hospital."

"Again?" Cristina asked, a frown on her face.

"Why would we do that?" Meredith frowned her eyebrows.

"And what are you suggesting?" Holly questioned, leaning back in her chair with interest.

"Yeah," Arizona nodded, "To--to what?"

"Let me guess." Callie joked, "The Harper Avery Hospital?"

"No." Jackson shut down seriously, making the doctors tilt their heads, "I propose that we give this hospital a name that can honor the very reason we've come together and been able to do this, a name that exemplifies the spirit of this hospital, but also the depth of our dedication." Jackson looked down at the name he had written on his notepad with a smile before he turned it around for the others to see, hoping they had fallen in love with the name the way he did.

"Grey Sloan Memorial Hospital." The notepad read, causing the rest to fall to silence as emotions overwhelmed them, and with sweet memories filling their minds, they all agreed. 

✧✧✧

idk how they came up with grey sloan but i absolutely love the name 🥺✨ i'm playing minecraft with my friends so i'll be a bit late to respond to comments but i'll definitely comment back afterwards :} 

chapter 69 and 70-- 👁👁

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.8K 254 63
Greys anatomy reimagined as if Alex forgave her in 6x12 and she stayed. Written episode to episode. Leave requests for storylines in comments and I m...
268 13 5
Basically just Grey's Anatomy, but from the point of view of my character! I have no rights to any of this written, but my added parts and Fiona Kep...
1.2M 29.3K 70
"I don't get it." He shook his head at me, his frustration clear in his eyes. "Why can't you just let yourself be happy, for once?" "What makes you t...
2.7K 73 12
Meredith and Derek start off young like 10 years old young and Derek has a crush on Meredith but he is scared to talk to her when she goes out side t...