Natasha Romanoff x fem!reader...

By lndlover

See title More

Another one
Prompts
Prompts contiued
Forever
Somebody Else
Mother dearest (daughter!reader)
Lie to me
Sports
This seat taken?
Movie night
Since when?
Thats my shirt
She'll kill me
Lullabies
A bitter Goodbye
Call me, beep me, if you wanna reach me
Thank you, and goodnight
Mothers of 7
We'll meet again
My Way
Til Death Do Us Part
Til death do us part (ending 2)
Normal
3 am
Story updates
Early Mornings
Back Home
Because of You
Stars
Parents' Visit
Band Double Date
Pillow Forts
Coffee Talk
Old Friend
A Rookie Mistake
Escape
Of Tops and Bottoms
A Steady Breath
Disapointment
Make You Love Me
Disapointment pt.2
Unrequited
Ms.Rushman
Dinosaurs fell in love
Hymn for the missing
Striking out
Series announcement
Smoke and Mirrors
Quick announcement
Surpise
Cold
A/N
A New Reality
My mother's friend
Curiosity killed the Cat
Our Friend Mari
Not His
200k
Announcement
Her Highness
Can't Let Go Annoncement
Fingers crossed
Help
Sleeping Beauty
Change
Cruel
Gonna be okay
By Your Side

Unreqited pt.2

5.8K 172 40
By lndlover

A/N: slighttttt Tony x reader on this one.

Her smile alone was enough to light up some of your darkest nights, the one she sported now was no different. The laugh that came with it made your heart do somersaults in your chest.

   The only downside was that you weren't the one bringing this happiness to her. Your eyes drifted from the beaming redhead to the woman she had an arm wrapped around.

   Wanda was sporting a matching smile to Natasha's as she leaned against her a bit. They were the perfect little happy couple, stuck in their honeymoon phase despite all the chaos the world threw them into.

    They kept each other sane and stable. You used to do the same for Natasha, not long ago.

   Sipping the beer you had in hand you turned away from the group that consisted of Steve, Clint, Sam, and the oh so happy couple. You didn't think you could stand looking at their smiles and being reminded that she was now happy without you.

  It was partially your fault however, you were the one who pushed them together after all. Had you not encouraged Natasha to go after Wanda four months ago you may still have had a shot with her. Way to sabotage yourself.

   Sighing to yourself you walked further away from the crowd that had gathered at Clint's homestead for a small party. There wasn't any special occasion, everyone had just decided that you all needed a break. So you had all made arrangements and planned on staying with Clint and his family for the next week.

    With Wanda and Natasha being as cute as they were you could already foresee yourself resenting not staying back at the compound. At least if you would have stayed there you wouldn't have to worry about having your heart broken every five seconds.

    The chatter and laughter of your teammates was nothing but a dull hum by the time you got to the tree line. You were a few yards out of reach of the firelight here. It was the perfect place to clear your mind without wandering off too far.

   Planting yourself down in the grass you leaned against a tree and sighed before looking down at the bottle in your hands. You wanted nothing more than for this heavy sorrow you felt in your chest to vanish. 

   This was supposed to be a happy and relaxed time. You were supposed to be happy for her, so why weren't you? You loved her right? If she was happy then you were happy. You just needed to keep telling yourself that.

   The sound of footsteps approaching drew you from your thoughts. Your eyes flicked up to meet the person in question. "You look like you need something a bit stronger," Tony said, holding up his flask and shaking it a bit.

   "That obvious huh?" You asked and reached out for the flask. He handed it to you with a soft chuckle. "It's like you have your own little storm cloud over your head."

    Shaking your head you set the beer bottle down beside you before taking a long swig of whatever Tony had decided to bring along. "Scotch, nice choice." He hummed in response before sitting down next to you with a soft groan.

   "You alright there old man?" You teased slightly earning a laugh from him. "Careful there I'm not that much older than you." Raising an eyebrow you tilted your head. "Tony, you're 13 years my senior."

   "Really?" He asked before chuckling and leaning back against the tree. "We're getting old." Nodding you hummed. "Just a bit."

    A comfortable silence fell over the two of you. You began to fiddle with the flask as Tony gazed off into the area where the team was still gathered. "You know, I know how you feel." He said, breaking your peaceful silence. Glancing over at him studied him for a moment before shaking your head and looking away.

   "Sure you do." Tony shrugged as you took another swig from the flask. "I'm serious. I felt exactly the same back when you were with that Haley girl."

   Pausing your eyes went wide. You looked back at Tony who met your gaze this time with such a nonchalant gaze that only Tony himself could pull off. Slowly you raised the flask again taking in a mouth full before handing it back to Tony.

     He took it back and took a swig of his own before signing heavily. "Back then we were much younger and the world seemed so much simpler." Scoffing loudly you laughed. "Yeah for you maybe. If I recall correctly I had been sent to make sure you didn't create a weapon so large it would blow have the world apart and then you went missing in the Middle East."

   Tony grinned out a soft chuckle. "Okay, you got me there." He looked up to the starry night sky and breathed out. "I remember just how totally and completely enamored I was with you. For the first time in my entire career of being the notorious playboy I am, I felt as though I had actually fallen for someone."

   You honestly didn't know how to process any of what Tony was telling you. You had never even once entertained the idea of being with Tony, at least not in the way he was describing.

  Sensing you weren't going to reply, he continued. "Seeing you with that Haley girl was hard. As someone who has almost always been able to have everything he ever wanted, not being able to have the one thing that I truly wanted was tearing me appreciate," he looked down at the ground beneath him. "And you really didn't make it easy. With your caring attitude with a wit that could only be matched by mine or Pepper's. And the way you always knew exactly what to do or say...it was all too easy to fall in love with you."

   You closed your eyes to keep the tears that had began to pool in your eyes at bay. Taking in a shaky breath you bit down on your lower lip. "Yeah I know, leave it to me to finally fall for someone who wasn't who I actually believed them to be."

   Your head snapped to face him. Opening your mouth the apologies for what could be the millionth time, he stopped you. "Don't you dare say sorry, Y/N. You already have and I've long since forgiven you." He looked over at you with a good-natured smile. "Besides, you didn't force me to fall in love with you. It just happened, same as it did with you and Natasha."

    Your eyes flicked over to the woman and question. You felt your heart strain a bit to find she was beaming and whispering something into Wanda's ear. "How did you get over...over me?"

   "Pepper." He said simply which brought a soft smile to your face. You watched as he looked down and fiddled with the wedding band on his left hand. "Once I had gotten you somewhat out of my head I realized..." The billionaire's face turned serious for a moment before a fond yet slightly sad smile crossed his face. "Well, I realized that she was perfect in every way. She had put up with me for so long and I had put her through so much, yet she never left. She was always right there by my side."

    You swallowed the lump in your throat and sniffed. "When I was undercover back then I was always so confused as to why the two of you didn't just get together. It drove me crazy." You both chuckle at your last words.

   "Well, I was young and blind. Blinded by a love for you. But once I could finally see again, I saw that the feelings I had for Pepper greatly outdid the feelings I had for you. She was and still is the one for me." You gently reached over and took the flask back from Tony before taking another swig.

    "I'm sure you can see where this is going then." You nodded silently, waiting for him to continue. "I can see that you really love Natasha, Y/N. But you cannot let this love for her hold you back from finding someone who will love you just the same."

    Your eyes reluctantly looked to the older man before you groaned. "As much as I hate to say it Stark, but you're right." True to nature, Tony smirked. "When am I ever wrong?" With the rise of an eyebrow, you went to reply only to be cut off.

   "Don't answer that."

  The two of you broke into soft laughter that split a wide smile across your face. Tony reached over and took the flask from you and closed it before putting it back in his pocket.

    Standing up with a deep groan, he sighed. "And who knows, maybe Natasha is the one for you but right now just isn't your time." He dusted himself off and turned to you. "Don't give up on her Y/N, but don't waste all your time and energy on her. Look for someone who will make you happy too cause of this," he gestured around you. "Will only make you spiral into misery."

    "When did you get so wise Tony?" You asked with a slight tilt of your head. "It comes with age." He quipped. He then turned to walk away only to stop when you reached out and gripped his arm.

  "Tony," Your E/C eyes bet his deep brown ones. "Thank you." Tony turned back to you with a soft smile and took hold of your hands. He leaned down and brought your knuckles to his lips before pressing a kiss to them. "Anytime."

    He let go of your hand and you let it fall back down to your side as you watched him walk away. Sighing with a slightly lighter feeling in your chest you leaned back against the tree and closed your eyes.

   You would continue to fight for her, you had to. At the same time, you would also continue your search for the one for you, the Pepper to your Tony.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.5K 631 22
You know the drill
403 29 6
✨ Oneshots from the Marvel franchise ✨
29.7K 851 30
Just stories of our beloved Wanda and Natasha I don't own any of these characters but this is my original work.
1M 45.4K 38
b u t h e s m i l e s w h e n h e k i l l s