Chapter 24

A/N -: I am really sorry I know how annoying it is when I don't update. I literally have exams every single month because it is my senior year. I promise now that I am done with December exams I will be constantly updating.
××××××××

As soon as I reached home I unlocked my door and pushed Jeremy inside.

"Sit and explain. Now." I commanded pointing to the couch while closing the door behind me.

"Rude but I will ignore that if you give me juice and tour of your humble abode." He grins at me.

"Stop being cheeky. I know this is serious." I said trying to hide my smile.

"I know Ny, but you need to calm down first. I will quickly go to the washroom you just try and not freak out, okay?" He asked and I nodded.

"Upstairs second door on the right." I directed him and as soon as he leaves I am consumed by my thoughts.

It all started centuries ago when there were no strict laws and government. Every city, every place was unsafe. But as years passed such activities started becoming less, people became more civil. That does not mean that the terror seized, many powerful people still used bullets to get what they want.

Today the thought of people roaming around with guns and knives in their pocket seems irrational. We got police and administration to protect us. That is what most people think is true or rather what higher authorities what them to think is true. Still to this dates those powerful people do things which are not civil.

Jeremy's grandfather was one of those powerful people. I still remember how I found out about all this.

I was 15 and as usual skipped down the street to Jeremy's big house. Mrs Jones his housekeeper let me in and I continued like any normal day. So, as I heard voices of Jer, his mom and dad coming from the living room I walked in without second thought. But as I walked further the voices became clear.

"I still don't believe this. This sounds like a storyline of one of those flop action movie." I can easily make out that it was Jeremy's voice.

"Son it is what it is. Accept it." Mr Adam's said tenderly as always.

"Dad look at you. You are an angel, you can't even hurt a fly. Hell you rarely even shout or get angry!!!!" I nodded to myself because I know how true that is Mr. Adam is the sweetest man I have ever known. Jeremy continued, " And you want me to believe that you kill people. You shoot them and don't even look back. And you want me to do the same." That made me halt and I stay frozen just seconds away from walking in.

"Not willingly Jeremy but I have to. And for you I will make sure you will never have to hurt someone by yourself." Although the things he was saying were not sweet but his voice still was.

"Honey you need to understand it was not your father's choice to do what he has been doing. His father was a cruel man and he dumped this on him with no choice. Your father did try to escape from this all but there is only one way out of these that is when it all ends. He has been trying to do that from years." For the first time since I arrived Mrs Adams spoke something.

I was bought out of the trance by my name being called, "Nyla honey would you like to let us know about your presence now?" Mr Adams called out. I could hear a smile in his voice.

"I-I am so so sorry. I didn't mean to overhea-" I started explaining, feeling guilty because I was eavesdropping.

"We know you didn't. And why are you explaining you know you are a part of this family." He said and motioned for me to come in. "When did you know I was here?" I asked timidly. "I knew the second you came. What I don't understand is why you stopped at the door." He replied.