[10] THE GREENE'S.

LILAC RAN AS fast as her legs could carry her

LILAC RAN AS fast as her legs could carry her. carl's limp body weighing down her arms. rick was hot on her heels as the two siblings ran for the life of their precious carl.

"i didn't see him i swear!" a voice emerged from the bushes as soon as carl's body fell and turned pale. a large man came panting towards them with a sniper in his hands.

lilac ran in the direction the large man, who was named otis, had told them. they was told a man called hershel greene could save the boy but they had to move quick.

lilac was by far the fastest runner and rick new that. shane was further behind the siblings as he forced otis to quicken his pace. ofcourse this was a lot harder for the larger man.

"how far!" lilac bellowed as her legs tried to gain more speed. carl's face had lost all its colour, instead a chalk white had taken over his features.

"another half mile that way. hershel. talk to hershel. he'll help your boy." the large man cried out as his breath became shaky. both lilac and rick quickened their pace as a white farmers house came into view.

"was he bit?" asked an older man as he set eyes on carl's limp body. "shot. by your man." rick told him as they almost slowed to a stop infront of the house. "he said find hershel is that you? help us. help my boy." rick cried out.

"get him inside. patricia, i need my full kit. maggie, painkillers, coagulates — grab everything. clean towels, sheets, alcohol. in here. pillowcase." hershel ordered as he walked into a bedroom, lilac following suit.

"is he alive?" lilac asked as she gently set him down on the bed. but hershel only ignored her question; "pillowcase, quick!" he ordered from the girl lilac learned to be called maggie.

"is he alive?" rick asked as he seemed to be in an eternal state of shock. "fold it, make a pad. put pressure on the wound. i've got a heartbeat but it's faint." he said as he began prepping all equipment he will need.

"i got it, step back." said the older women named patricia as she folded the pillowcase. "maggie, IV." ordered hershel. when maggie came back with the IV she passed it to hershel before walking towards the grimes siblings.

"we're gonna need some space." she said. "your names?" hershel asked, "rick." he stumbled out as if he wasn't sure his own name. "rick?" hershel questioned. "i'm — i'm rick, this is my sister lilac." he confirmed.

"rick, lilac, we're gonna do everything we can, okay? you need to give us some room, now." hershel told them both. lilac nodded along with rick as they walked towards the doorway.

the siblings made their way to the porch, seeing shane running to the house, practically dragging otis with him. "i'm sorry!" otis cried out as they neared the house. "move!" shane roared with a look of venom in his face.