[3] THE BOOK.

THE FOUR OF THEM had left camp in hopes to return with merle and the guns, rick didn't like the thought of leaving his family again

THE FOUR OF THEM had left camp in hopes to return with merle and the guns, rick didn't like the thought of leaving his family again. but then he remembered morgan.

and knew what he had to do.

"what's going on with you and my little sister?" rick suddenly asked glenn not taking his eyes of the road, "lilac? uh.." glenn started to speak trying to find the right words causing t-dog to let out a small laugh.

"me and lilac are just friends, even bestfriends i'd day." glenn said with a satisfying smile, "thankyou, she needs a friend like you." rick replied giving glenn a side glance.

daryl was listening to the whole conversation, he at first definitely thought lilac and glenn was hooking up. but after glenn's response he knew that wasn't the case.

"you two done gossiping?" daryl snapped in frustration, the only thing on his mind was getting back merle.

MEANWHILE back at camp, lilac wasn't feeling that great, since glenn and rick had left she had this constant worry they wouldn't come back

as she dug through her backpack her eyes landed on the item she was so thankful that she had packed, her photo album.

it wasn't too big, but each page told a different story. it was full of polaroids and other printed photos, she had wrote little notes by all of them.

little memories.

it was almost as if she knew the world was ending, she grabbed her photo album and sat on her sleeping bag, scanning through the pages.

not long after carl had walked in, looking for his auntie. "what are you reading?" he questioned as he sat beside her. "i'm looking at old photos, from before."

"is that me?" carl pointed to a photo, that was indeed him, lilac was only 16 when he was born, the age gap of four years between her and her brother.

she was sat in the hospital, cuddling a small, precious baby, that was indeed carl grimes.

"i was the first one to hold you." lilac smiled trying to hold back her tears. "maybe we can find another camera, to take photos with our new family?" carl asked with a bright smile.

she smiled to herself at the thought of carl calling this group his family, "i'll make sure to look out for one." she smiled before bringing her nephew into a hug.

" she smiled before bringing her nephew into a hug

____

NIGHT HAD FALLEN, yet the others hadn't returned yet. everyone who remained at camp was now sat by the fire enjoying the fish both amy and andrea had caught.

lilac never really had a big appetite, so her and carl shared a fish between them so there could be leftovers for the others.

as we ate and enjoyed each others company, morales all of a sudden spoke up "i've got to ask you, man. it's driving me crazy." talking to dale.

"what?" dale replied with confusion in his voice, "that watch." he started, "what's wrong with my watch?" dale asked with a hint of defence causing lilac to grin slightly.

"i see you every day, the same time, winding that thing like a village priest saying mass." he chuckled as andrea pointed at dale in agreement.

"i've wondered this myself." jacqui voiced, "i'm missing the point." dale questioned to which lilac agreed with.

"unless I've misread the signs, the world seems to have come to an end. at least hit a speed bump for a good long while." jacqui answered. "but there's you everyday winding that stupid watch." morales added.

"time - it's important to keep track isn't it? the days at least. don't you think, lilac? back me up here." he turned to lilac who had her arm around her nephew, "i'm totally on dale's side here, a smart man." lilac winked before finishing off the last of her and carl's fish.

"i like – i like what, um, a father said to son when he gave him a watch that had been handed down through generations. he said, "i give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire, which will fit your individual needs no better than it did mine or my father's before me; i give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you may forget it for a moment now and then and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it." dale finished his speech which was causing even carl to nod off slightly.

"you are so weird." amy laughed before lilac spoke up, "it's not him, blame faulkner! william faulkner." lilac grinned. amy rolled her eyes playfully before putting down her cup and standing up.

"where are you going?" andrea panicked, "i have to pee." she snapped, "jeez, you try to be discreet around here." she finished saying to no one in particular.

but their happy evening soon turned ugly when hearing the screams of amy, lilac turned to see a walker sinking its teeth into her forearm.

then one walker turned into two, then four, then double digits. lilac immediately picked up carl running towards shane and lori.

____

AS THE FOUR MEN, made their way up the hill towards camp after their long day. screams were heard as they started coming closer.

one scream rick heard was lilac's, "go! go!" glenn shouted as they all sprinted up into camp. maniac, the camp was pure maniac.

lilac heard multiple gun shots go off as she carried carl in her arms, she scanned the area for rick but as she turned a walker was opening its jaws to take a chunk out of her arm.

but before it could, the walker fell limp to the ground. it was as if lilac was paralysed as she saw the arrow piercing through the skull.

"come on girl, ain't got all night!" the voice of daryl dixon projected as he grabbed her arm and the three of them ran to the RV.

once every walker was taken out, the only thing heard was the sobs of andrea as she crouched beside the laying body of amy.

"i remember my dream now, why i dug the holes." jim said causing lilac to hold onto carl a little tighter.
____

i'm so happy the polaroid album has been included now! this photo album is lilac's prize possession and a big part of the story line, along with the sheriff's hat.