[7] TS-19

LILAC REMEMBERED everything she said to daryl when she woke up with a pounding headache

LILAC REMEMBERED everything she said to daryl when she woke up with a pounding headache. but lilac new that daryl was a closed book and had wall built up.

she woke up before he did allowing her to avoid the awkward tension and get to breakfast before he did.

when lilac walked into the room where they were having breakfast, almost everyone was already there. she took a seat next to her brother and immediately dropped her head onto the table. "just like when we was kids." rick laughed as lilac lifted her head to glare at him.

lilac and rick hadn't spoke much since he returned. to say lilac wasn't feeling upset by this would be a lie, but from now on foward she was going to spend as much time as possible with him and especially carl.

"are you hungover? mom said you both would be." carl asked both siblings causing laughter to burst out throughout the room. "mommy grimes is correct." lilac laughed as she called lori the old nickname.

daryl walked in just as he heard her say that, "hey now, one day i'll be able to call you that nickname." laughed lori which caused lilac to almost choke on her drink and for daryl to look away from their conversation and focus on his food.

"eggs. powdered, but i do 'em good." t-dog smiled as he handed both lilac and rick a plate of food. a moan erupted from glenn while t-dog was serving everyone the food; "i bet you can't tell." t-dog teased.

"protein helps the hangover." lilac said to her bestfriend from across the room. "hey lilac?" t-dog spoke up beside glenn. "yeah...?" she awkwardly laughed. "how come you know so much? what did you do before all this." everyone silently agreed with t-dog. it was true, lilac seemed to know all these little facts and to mention she was teaching both carl and sophia.

lilac never brought up what she did before, only rick, lori and shane knew. but before lilac could reply shane walked into the room with scratch marks on his neck.

lilac smirked at t-dog and tapped her nose twice with her index finger before the conversation was adverted to shane; "hey." he grunted as he sat down infront of lilac. "hey, feel as bad as i do?" rick joked but shane clearly wasn't in that mood.

"worse." he spoke glaring at lori, lilac noticed the uncomfortable interaction and she noticed the scratch marks when he walked in. her instincts from her life before kicking in.

"what the hell happened to you?" t-dog spoke to be face to face with a puzzled face. shane was clearly trying to brush it off by acting confused and lilac wasn't having it; "your neck." she spoke bluntly as she eyed him.

"okay miss detective, i must have done it in my sleep." he shrugged off as he tucked into his eggs, "never seen you do that before." rick thought out loud. "yeah, me neither." he glared at lori once again. "not like me at all."