Chapter 1

Ashley's POV

I hadn't slept in days. I thought I was being followed.

It was too much. Why me? Maybe you think I was just being paranoid, but I knew what I'd seen, what I'd heard, what I'd felt.

It took every muscle in my body, and every ounce of willpower I was capable of possessing not to break down when I'd gotten home that day.

But I couldn't take the sleep deprivation, and when the sun went down, I collapsed into a terrified, but sub-conscience, heap on my bed.

And that's how I got where I am now. That's why I'm crying now; because when I woke up, I wasn't in my bed.

I was in a basement.

I'm currently in a restless state of astronomical panic. I've been down here for like an hour and I've tried constantly to find an escape, however, I know it's all in vain.

Then, the door opens and my heart stops.

The bright light from upstairs blinds me and I can't see the figure at the top clearly.

A dark silhouette.

I cower backwards, scared for my life. Why did it have to be me he took? I'm a good person!

He descends the stairs, closing the door behind him, and I'm enveloped in darkness once again. Then I hear him pull a rusty cord hanging down from a single old lightbulb, and a dim light illuminates the room. Thats when I see his face. Pale skin with black makeup, long black hair, and a grin from ear to ear.

And I scream.

Andy's POV

I'm hurt and confused... I love him. Why is he screaming?

And then I realize. Duh, Andy. He doesn't know that. He just thinks he was kidnapped. Of course he's scared.

"It's okay Ashley. You're here because I love you," I tell him.

"You're fucking crazy!" He yells at me. He's breaking my heart.

"Ash..." I try.

"Let me go!" He runs at me, hitting me with the sides of his fists.

I'm stunned. Before sadness has the time to completely set in, anger does.

I push him off of me. He lands on the floor and I start kicking him. He curls up into a crying ball.

"I loved you!" I shout. "How could you do this to me!"

When I calm down, I turn off the light and leave the basement, locking the door behind me.

Why must love be so cruel?