Chapter 4

Andy's POV

As I descend the stairs back into the basement, I sense immediately that the atmosphere has changed significantly.

Anger and fear has been replaced with a very damaged form of compliancy and something like...desperation.

"I'm here." I repeat, in an attempt to be comforting.

"Look, I'm confused. Why...what am I here?" His words come out a bit shaky with a hint of curiousity.

"I told you why you're here... but you didn't believe me."

I meander closer to him and place my hand on his knee.

"What, that you're... in love with me?" he says incredulously.

"Yeah... But don't say it like that."

"Like what?"

I decide not to reply, allowing him the chance to sense and correct his tone on his own.

"So you love me." It isn't a question. But it comes out warped and twisted, like he's telling me his favorite celebrity just died.

"Well yeah, I've been trying to tell you that this whole time."

Ashley's POV

I roll my eyes. I know, I know. What kind of idiot locked in some psychopath's basement waits until he tells you he loves you to start getting an attitude? Does that make me a suicidal moron...or BAMF?

"I don't even know you."

"But I know you." He sounded so gentle, his hand on my knee felt so natural for some reason. It didn't feel like a violation so much as a comfort.

"How? You stalked me or something?"

The look he gave me had about ten different emotions and about a million thoughts that I couldn't process all at once.

Did I have a stalker or is his Lady Gaga face just that good? But really, how wouldn't it be the former?