Chapter 2

Ashley's POV

I'm shaking, fear and confusion pulsing me like electric shocks, and the adrenaline did little to overpower the pain ripping through me from the blows.

Seriously, what the hell?

"I loved you! How could you do this to me!"

It rings in my ears as clearly as the moment he'd said it. I just didn't get it. And the way he'd smiled like the fucking Joker when he'd turned on the light... fucking psychopath.

So now I was back in the darkness again... just idly waiting for the Pendulum to start swinging.

I stayed in the fetal position for a while longer, with my arms wrapped protectively around my stomach...my empty stomach. Eventually, when I could stand up with minimal nausea, I hobbled around, searching for anything that could be of use: something that could identify the man or tell me where I am, a weapon, or even better- a flashlight.

I groped around in the pitch blackness until I found a shelf against the wall. It had wooden shelves supported by long vertical strips of metal and what felt like a shitload of nails. On it was something that felt like... handcuffs? But I'm not talking Miami Metro here. I'm talking flimsy, plastic cuffs with feathers I can only imagine to be pink coating the rings.

So what, am I? A ... sex slave? My mind jumped to that episode of Bates Motel where we find out Zack Shelby has a Chinese sex slave stashed in his boat. Am I... No. No no no no no. Think about this logically. If he truly intended to constrain you with them, they'd be real, moron. Ok. That made me feel a little better.

That is, until I found the dildo. And yes, even with about as much light as a black hole to aid me in my little treasure hunt, I knew what it was. There was no mistaking it. Nor was there to be any mistakes when it came to the lube. Nope, a half-empty foil tube on a shelf next to sex cuffs and a dildo can only be one thing. I mean what the hell else would it be? Fucking toothpaste? Triple antibiotic ointment maybe?

There was nothing else on the shelf so I figured I'd go suck the warmth out another side of the room. But before I could get there, I had a sudden thought.

He knew my name.

He knew my name.

Sorry, I don't think you understand me.

HE KNEW MY NAME!

My mind screamed at with with more force than a Jedi and with this epiphany came the terrifying confirmation of my suspicion that I had been followed... that I'd had a stalker. And he'd finally pounced on his prey.

"It's okay Ashley. I'm here because I love you."

Oh, don't tell me Mr. Brian Moser over here is my long lost brother and this is just his psychopathic attempt to get my attention.

Well, kudos to you, my friend. You've got a bit more that my attention.

Focus! You are not Dexter Morgan! Get your mind the hell out of tv land and walk your ass across this goddamned room!

Bruises were forming right about now. My skin was tender to the touch and every movement sent a jarring pain all around my abdomen. I hadn't even made it before the door opened again.

He stepped in and closed the door behind him. Once he had the light on again I could see his face was streaked with tears. And you know what else?

Anger.