Chapter 6

Author's note: Hey guys! I'm back. Sorry I haven't updated in a million years, but I've noticed that a good amount you guys are actually really interested in this story, and I'm thrilled and interested in continuing writing this. This chapter might be kind of short, especially since I'm working on writing something else that I hope to get published, but there is more to come. Thank you so much for reading, voting, and following. It means a lot to me, honestly. I hope you enjoy this chapter! ~Quinn

Ashley's POV

I didn't realize how much I really wanted to have company. Any company is good for me. Right now, I just want to be in the company of anyone, even if it has to be in the company of a monster.

But right now, this man seems more like an angel than a monster. He was coming to deliver me from this Hell and I tried to kill him with a screwdriver. I'm not sure if I necessarily regret that because I'm crying too hard, but right now, all I want is some of the food that I just got all over the ground.

"Shh, it's okay Ash. It's okay," he strokes my hair as I cry into his shoulder. "Come on, you can come up with me, and I'll get you more spaghetti. We can eat together. You can have as much as you want and then you can take a nice long nap in my bed. How does that sound?"

I whimper, still crying. "Come on," he says. He pulls back and leads me by the arm up the steps. I follow him, too hungry to protest, and I sit at the kitchen table, too weak to try and escape.

He piles me a huge plate of spaghetti, and sets it down in front of me along with a big glass of milk. "Can I have another vegan meatball?" I ask softly. They're my favorite part of the dish. "Oh yeah, and extra vegan Parmesan cheese?" I add. I love vegan cheese.

He gets a plate of his own and sits across from me at the table. "I'm sorry," he says, catching me off guard. "I don't think I went about getting to know you the right way. I should've been more patient, but I just love you Ashley. I love you so much. Can you forgive me?"

I change the subject. "I don't remember catching your name. What is it?"

He's visibly irritated, but he just says, "all in good time." This mysterious act is really annoying me. I eat all of the vegan meatballs and half of the pasta, and I drink down the milk.

He walks me to bed. It's a huge king sized bed. When I lay down I discover that it's as comfortable as it looks. I try to think up plans to escape, but I go out like a light almost as soon as I hit the bed.