Chapter 5

Author's Note: Sorry if there are mistakes, Misha didn't edit it, and I felt that it was unfair to keep y'all waiting, but I've proofread it like three times, and I don't think there's a bunch of spelling and punctuation mistakes, but correct me in any that you see, please. I hope you enjoy the chapter!
~Quinn

---

Ashley's POV

"I want to go home," I mumble. This is too surreal.

"Babe..."

"No. I want to go home." I say with a shakey voice.

His expression hardens. "This is your home now."

"This will never be my home," I mumble.

I think I saw him wince... but I must've been mistaken. That couldn't be. Why would it? I was only stating a fact. He had to have already known, right? Or was he really that delusional?

But why would I put it above him?

Andy's POV

I feel like I've just been hit by a ton of bricks. He can't feel that way. He'll grow to like it here eventually. He has to. Maybe after I let him out of the basement...

But not now. Definitely not now. He doesn't deserve it.

"Well if you feel that way..." I trail off on purpose. I then turn off the light and leave the room without saying another word.

I figure leaving him wondering is the best punishment. The best punishment I can give him for breaking my heart. I'll just leave him wondering, like he left me wondering in the back of my mind if he'll ever come around.

----------

There's not much to do to pass the time. I go to work for what feels like forever. I come back and eat dinner, then I have a bit of free time, then I go to bed.

And it goes on like that for maybe a week. I just go through the same meaningless routine day after day.

Soon, I just can't bare being away from Ashley anymore.

It's been a week and he probably hates me, but there's a sink in the basement, so he's probably alive, and that's what matters.

Food. I should give him food. Good food. If the way to a man's heart really is through his stomach, I might still have a chance. Of course, he'd have to get used to me eventually but still.

So I decide to bring him a plate of spaghetti and meatballs, and a glass of milk.

I open the door and descend the stairs slowly, nervous about what I might find.

One thing I wasn't expecting though, was him to attack me with a rusty screwdriver.

Ashley charges me, holding the sharp object in the air like a knife. The plate and glass crash to the ground, splattering spaghetti, milk, and shards of glass all over the floor. He swipes toward my face. If I wouldn't have ducked, I would have a screwdriver through my cheek right now.

He collapses on the ground in a puddle of tears. The screwdriver falls out of his hand.

I should be angry. In fact, I should be furious. But all I do is hold him while he cries.

"I thought you were going to kill me," he sobs.

I thought the same about you.