Chapter 18 The Dragon

Chapter 18

The Dragon

As time passed, I thought of the mirror less and less. I guess I just have to accept that if that man I saw and I are meant to be then, one day, I will meet him. With exams just around the corner, the last thing I need to do is waste my time woolgathering over something that far in my future. I do hope the mirror is right. It would be cool to have Lenora as Head Girl our seventh year. I must admit, though, I did feel a twinge of jealousy when she first told me. I guess better her than Pansy or someone in Gryffindor.

The only thing that does not make sense is that Lenora gets into just as much trouble as I do, if not more. There’s no way this school would even consider her with her detention record, but who knows? Maybe she will make a vast improvement sometime between now and then. I hope she is still fun to be around if that happens. Or perhaps Mr. Lane will end up bribing the school for Lenora to be Head Girl.

Actually, come to think of it, I could see that happening with Draco. I heard Mr. Malfoy had a long conversation with the school about Draco not being on the Quidditch team even though obviously first years could be seeing as Potter currently is on Gryffindor’s. Its too late for this year, of course, but I have a feeling Draco will somehow weasel him way in next year.

Like right now, for instance, I got into trouble for talking out during Transfiguration. Both Draco and Lenora dared me to try to whisper something in Parseltongue behind Longbottom’s back to freak him out and Professor McGonagall caught me. Now, I’m stuck in her classroom writing lines, the most miserable boring detention ever. It seems as though I had been here for hours, but in reality, one has not even gone by.

I looked down at my parchment staring at the words I will not cause disruption to my classmates in learning. Do they honestly believe that writing something over and over like this will make us act as so?

Finally, after the long hour passed, I was permitted to leave. Seeing as it was beginning to get dark, McGonagall ordered me to head straight to my corridor. However, the moment I stepped outside her room I knew that would not happen. Draco stood there, waiting by the corner where the transfiguration teacher could not see him.

“I thought you’d never get out,” Draco commented in an ashy voice.

“You should have actually been in there,” I grumbled in reply.

Ignoring my tone, Draco turned around tilting his head in a motion beckoning me to follow.

“Where are we going?” I asked, apprehensively. “I think you and Lenora have gotten me into enough trouble for one day.”

Draco smirked, keeping his foot pace rapid. “We won’t be the ones that get into trouble this time.”

“What do you mean?” I inquired as my frustration began to evaporate.

Draco tilted his chin up in that same way he always did when he thought he had something important to say. “While you were still in detention, I spotted Potter and his friends heading down to visit that oaf, Hagrid. We are going to go down there and bust them for it. After all, they are breaking the rules for being outside the castle after hours.”

I frowned, turning my head to him as we continued to walk. “Won’t we get into trouble too? Lenora and I got into trouble again just last week for trying to sneak into the Dark Forest.”

Draco’s voice remained confident. “We won’t if we are the ones to turn them in.”

I sighed hoping he was right. I guess I may as well risk it. There is nothing else to do now anyway. I think Lenora said her detention started around this time. She uttered a questionable word in Charms class today, a word that would have transformed my mother’s face into a ghastly white color. Overall, it seems she gets into much more trouble than I do. I know her dad has been informed but Mr. Lane never sends word back to the school or Lenora. Meanwhile, its feels like once at week, Aunt Becky sends me letters containing lectures of proper behavior for school. She even threatened that if I keep up this behavior she will send me a howler. I never asked anyone what that was.