14: running away

"Do you... really like me?" Sakusa asks with his eyes staring into my soul.

"O-Of course not! I mean why would I like a germaphobe like you? Right? Right?"

I quickly turned around so that Sakusa wouldn't see my red-faced self. To my dismay, I heard his footsteps coming closer to me. There he was, standing in front of my face with his usual emotionless look.

"W-What are you doing?" Even though I was facing him, I still couldn't make proper eye contact.

"Is you heart racing right now?" He unexpectedly asks.

What kind of question is that you dumbass! Of course it is!

"N-No.. Why do you ask?"

"Oh, okay." 

Phew, I'm safe.

I didn't realize that his scarf was still on my hand so I took the initiative to return it back to him. 

"I think you came back to look for this."

"Yes. Thank you."

Now to make Sakusa leave my hou--

"Why were you smelling it earlier?" Sakusa butts in to my thinking.

I wanted to get out of this mess as soon as possible. But I guess that would less likely to happen. I just have to deny or divert every question he asks so that my true feelings won't reveal to him.

"Um.. why didn't you disinfect the scarf? I touched that though?"

"I asked first."

Please stop being persistent Sakusa. You're literally making me crazy!

I sighed, doubting if I should say something. But our conversation will get to nowhere if I just stood by idly. 

"Alright. I'll answer your question if you answer me first."

Sakusa answered without giving thought to his response. "Your house is clean. I doubt germs crawled there so I think it's safe."

Wait how is my hand and my house relate to each other? He's basically dodging my question!

"Ah is that so." Was all I said while I rubbed my scalp.

"Your turn?"

"What?"

"Why did you smell my scarf."

I thought I could make him forget about that...

My heart is beating so fast. I couldn't process my mind on what I should tell him. Should I tell the truth? Should I make up a little white lie? It gave me a few minutes before I decided on what to say. But when I did, I inhaled a big amount of Oxygen, readying my response to Sakusa.

"Sakusa-san actually..."

Nope, just run.

(Author-chan ruining the drama but here's a meme for running away!  三三ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ)

(Anyways! Continuing the story...)

I ran away from home as fast as I could, leaving Sakusa inside my house. I thought that I could finally tell my feelings, but I'm still a chicken after all. It's just so hard to confess when you know that you have no chance and whatsoever. I ran with liquid flowing throughout my body. They were both sweat and tears.

— end of chapter 14 —