03 : long story

"Eh? She's not even pretty. Shh! Here she comes!"

As expected, dating Sakusa would highly affect my reputation at school. Every time I pass by his fan club, it feels like they all want to rip me into shreds. Not that I blame them. They've been doing the best they can just to talk to Sakusa. And here I am, suddenly becoming his girlfriend even if we haven't converse a chat before. Still though, having these girls look at me into everywhere I go made me feel uncomfortable.

As I was walking alone, minding my business, someone suddenly grabbed my hand, with our paces moving faster. 

"Sakusa-san?"

Before I could ask him on what was happening, I noticed how his hand had an unnatural sensation, so I decided to take a glance at it. Out of the ordinary, Sakusa was wearing gloves, making me laugh so hard.

We stopped walking and we took a moment to catch our breaths first.

"Why are you wearing gloves?"

"Germs." 

I finally composed myself, wiping the small bits of tears that were due to extreme laughter. "You could've just sprayed alcohol on my hand." 

"That'll take too much time." Sakusa said.

I didn't understood what he meant so I gave him a confused look.

"What do you mean?"

"When I was on my way to buy a drink, I saw some girls nearby planning to splash water on you. Running away with you while wearing gloves was the best possible way I could think that time."

"Whose fault is it now that I got my own set of bullies?" I complained on how my life got so disastrous instead of thanking him.

We were in a light mood because of me laughing, but it suddenly turned to a heavy mood.

"Is it my fault that those girls had displeasing personalities?" Sakusa responded.

"Technically yes. They want to harass me because they found out that I'm your 'girlfriend.'"

"Wow. Thanks." 

I could tell he was already getting pissed off. It was the same for me though.

"Huh?"

"I just saved you, yet all you do is whine."

Once again, I lost in an argument against Sakusa. I didn't say anything since he was right with his accusation.

I hate this guy so much.  ( defense mechanism (ง︡'-'︠)ง )

He then walks away and I didn't know if I should follow him or not. Luckily, Sakusa sighs and tells me to go along.  Even though we just fought, I guess he still cares about my well being. 

"Well that's a good side he has." I mumbled to myself.

"What?" 

I didn't not expect him to hear that so I just shook my head, telling that it was nothing to worry about. 

He pays attention too. Another point for Sakusa. Wait, why am I counting this?

A couple of minutes later, we stopped walking to see the volleyball court in front of us.

"I thought you retired as their ace?" I didn't dare to ask him why because I feel like that it was an off-limit topic even if we're a fake couple.

"Can't I see my teammates?"

I was just about to respond to his question, but the door opened up for us. Standing there was a familiar guy with round thick eyebrows and a light-colored brown hair.

"Kiyoomi! And..." His eyes instantaneously grew as we made eye contact. At that time, I finally realized the guy in front of us. It made us shout both of our names together.

"L/N?!" "KOMORI-SAN?!"

"Oh my! How are you? It's been a while since we last talked." His arm was then wrapped around my shoulders, making me uncomfortable.

"I-I'm fine! I haven't seen you since... yeah"

Sakusa broke our reunion by asking how we met each other. 

"Well..." I said as I gently removed Komori's arm.

"She used to like me during first year." 

Nice drop Komori.

"Huh?" Sakusa's face turned sour, wondering how and why it happened.

"It's a long story." Komori said as he puts back his arm again.

Why did I used to like this guy?

.・゜-: ✧ :- Author's Note .・゜-: ✧ :-

Komori's such a goofball and I don't know about you guys, but he's such a cutie for me  ('・ω・`)

Anyway, I hope you liked this chapter !! You can comment your insights or suggestions for further improvement. Thank you everyone  and stay safe!! ♡♡♡

end of chapter 3