29: sick

"Achoo!" I screamed out on the top of my lungs.

I grabbed a spray of alcohol by my side, thinking that droplets probably have probably spread throughout the room. Me getting sick is the last thing I want to tell to Kiyoomi. Not going to exaggerate, he would probably be grossed out and won't even touch me for a week. Or worse, he would hate me for not taking good care of my body.

This is what I get for staying up all night finishing Ouran High School Club .

Thus, I took an absence from school. I didn't dare tell Kiyoomi the truth about my temporary leave. I was too scared on what he would tell me. So I made up of an excuse that I was outside town, buying limited edition groceries that would only sell during Tuesdays. He asked to come but I told him that it'll ruin his "Perfect in Attendance" reputation.

I wish he was here though.

Timeskip

I was panting heavily, running out of breath. My head feels dizzy and it couldn't stand up at all. I wanted to drink my medicine but my body ached, causing me to be glued on the bed. To prevent the pain, I closed my eyes and tried to sleep. It didn't work though. Until..

"Y/N." I heard a voice from behind speak.

No one told me that fevers can cause hallucinations?

I opened my eyes and turned to the person who called out to me. "Kiyoomi? Even in my dreams you're showing up?"

Before he leaned towards my face, he took out gloves from his bag, wore them carefully, and then held a thermometer.

"Raise your arms and put this on your armpits."

"But I don't want to let Kiyoomi see my pits!" I pouted like a child.

So before he could force me on putting the thermometer, I undid his face mask and pinched his cheeks. I called him "dummy" afterwards.

"Could you not remove my mask without my permission?" He replied coldly.

Wait so if he isn't cuddly in this dream realm, then... this is reality?!

I quickly pulled back away from him, apologizing without looking at him in the eye. I heard him sigh then he put back his mask. He then proceeded to insert the thermometer. Once we heard a ticking sound, Kiyoomi pulled away the thermometer from my arms.

"You're hot."

"P-Pardon?"

I could feel my face burning. It wasn't because of my fever, but because of what he said that I misunderstood.

"You have a temperature of 39 degrees. Why didn't you tell me about this?"

"How did you found out though?" I questioned him back.

"You're best friend Hori told me."

At this point I don't really know if Hori is worried about my well-being or she was just a snitch.

"I-I.. I thought you might hate me."

He sat on my bed, just beside my leg. His eyes gleamed with concern as his hand patted over my leg that was covered with a blanket.

"Is this my payment for not telling you earlier about why I dated you?"

When he mentioned that, it stung deep within my heart. He was right. It was as if I was doing the exact same thing that he did to me on not telling the truth.

"I'm sorry Kiyoomi. I didn't mean to hide things from you.."

He stood up and left the room without saying anything.

I guess he's mad.

Once again, I closed my eyes, getting teary about making Kiyoomi frustration. When all of a sudden, I felt something cold on my forehead. My eyes widened to see a wet towel on my head, but most importantly, Kiyoomi was back in my room.

"I'll stay here and take care of you. Setting the germs aside, it's still my duty to protect the girl I cherish."

I blushed with his sudden confession.

"Thank you."

With him nursing me, I slept comfortably, feeling that my fever is slowly going away.

I heard his faint farewell about him going back to his home. And I'm not sure if he also said this but I think I heard him "I won't kiss you when you're sick though."

Damn you Kiyoomi

— end of chapter 29—