30: moral support

.・゜-: ✧ :- Author's Note .・゜-: ✧ :-

PLEASE someone scold me to write this fanfic. I've been playing Obey Me! a lot and I keep forgetting to write new chapters. I'm so sorry

"Uhh--." Was all I could say at this current time.

My legs were trembling and there was extreme sweat releasing from my skin. I bit my lip as I watch this nerve-wrecking moment. I held my partner's hand as tight as I could, never wanting to let go until this event is over.

"Ow! Y/N You're hurting me!" Hori, my volleyball audience partner, says as I squeezed her hand.

"Ah sorry!" I replied, scratching the back of my head.

WARNING!!
If you haven't finished the manga, skip the paragraph just below this !!

Here we are at the Tokyo Metropolitan Gymnasium, sitting down at closest seat of the place. We were watching 2014's Spring Interhigh Tournament, with our school, Itachiyama, finally taking the lead. It was finals and Itachiyama was up against Kakomedai, the school that defeated the legendary crows during 2013's Spring Interhigh Tournament. It would've been fun to see our school competing against Karasuno, but the idiotic twins turned up their game this year. Thus, Karasuno lost and Inarizaki went forward. Then Inarizaki lost to Itachiyama, only leaving Kakomedai as the final boss.

The score was like cat and mouse, running against each other. The sets now have a score of 2-2, with Itachiyama having 26 points and Kakomedai with 27 points. One more and we're over. I couldn't bare to see Kiyoomi with a disappointed look on his face once they lost the game.

There he was, standing behind Komori as the outside hitter. He was nervous, I could feel it. If only there was a way to loosen up the tension his shoulders. I could've run towards the court and tackle him with a back hug. The referee started to whistle and Kakomedai's setter went off with a good start by hitting the ball aggressively. Just in time, Sakusa managed to catch the ball with his arms. The game went on for a while until I saw Itachimaya's placing loose its sync. Kakomedai then started to target Kiyoomi to make him tired.

No. They can do this.

I watched the ball, flying up in the air, aiming for Kiyoomi's position.

He can catch this please. I know he can.

I observed Kiyoomi's stance and there was a worried look on his face. He wasn't sure if he could hit the ball with perfection.

I couldn't just sit here with him giving a pitiful look.

Without realizing, my body moved on its own and I stood up on the chair. My hands were circling my mouth to create an echo, loud enough for Kiyoomi to hear.

"OMIOMI IF YOU DON'T GET THAT THEN I WONT COOK RAMYEON FOR YOU AGAIN!!"

The crowd, even the volleyball players, looked at me in awe. I'm pretty sure I heard whispers of "Omiomi?" and "Ramyeon?" on people beside me.

"Ah young love. It's nice to hear a cheer from your lover am I right?" The speaker special mentioned me throughout the whole court.

Why did I do this again?

But after that, Kiyoomi's frown was rearranged into grin. I think I read a lip-sync of "thanks" under that warm soft lips. But setting that aside, Kiyoomi was then able to receive the ball with ease and their captain had returned the ball to Kakomedai's side, hitting the floor. The score was now 27-27.

The crowd cheered for both Itachiyama and I. "Way to go Sakusa-san's girlfriend!" they say. It was probably because I gave moral support to Kiyoomi.

Although I did that embarrassing scene, Kakomedai still reigned as 2013's Spring  Interhigh champions. Me and Hori went to the bathroom to ponder our noses. Then I received a text from Kiyoomi that he wants to meet me behind the stadium.

"Yo." Kiyoomi approached me with his face mask back on.

"Good job out there." I say, not looking at him.

"Why are you sadder than the ones who played?"

"B-Because..." I didn't finish my sentence as tears ran down my eyes.

Kiyoomi gave me a handkerchief and pat my head. "I know it's frustrating. There's always next year right?"

I started to calm down and just replied "Yeah.."

I was caught off guard when Sakusa slid his hand that was placed on top of my head, to my right cheek. 

"Thanks." Sakusa said.

"What for?" I asked while blushing.

"For telling everyone in Tokyo that I'm you're boyfriend. Probably the whole world if they watched the game on TV."

"I-I DIDN'T MEAN THAT! IT WAS TO GIVE YOU MORAL SUPPORT!"

"Sure you did." He replied before giving me a peck on the lip.

 end of chapter 30