Jungkook sat up, checking if his father is gone.

When he saw no one and the door is already closed, he stood up.

His head is now full of worries... What will happen to him and Taehyung? Will Taehyung reject him?

He knows nothing about treating a person right, what's more if it's his mate?

What if he mess up-- well he already did-- but what if he mess up so badly, Taehyung would reject him as his mate?

He's not ready to face the pain he might feel when that happens.

He sighed heavily.

"Why does it have to be you?" He muttered.

~~~~~~~

Morning came.. after taking a shower, Jungkook went straight to the kitchen.

There he saw Haeyen cooking breakfast.

He ignored her and just went to the fridge.

"Good morning sweetie." Haeyen greeted. Jungkook didn't respond.

He took a bottle of banana milk and an apple. He was about to walk out from the room when Haeyen talked.

"Won't you eat breakfast?" She asked.

Jungkook just shook his head once and continued walking away.

"Wait!" Haeyen called, Jungkook frowned in annoyance. "Can you stay? Just for a moment? I want you to met someone, it's the surprise for your birthday.. I'm sure he'll be here any moment." She said.

"Then you should made him come earlier." Jungkook said monotonously.

He took his bag and went to the door.

Yes, Jaegguk and Haeyen asked him to stay for breakfast but that doesn't mean he will. He's hardheaded and doesn't listen to anything they say.

He opened the door but shocked when he saw a guy standing there... He looks like he was about to knock.

Both of them are shocked at seeing each other.

Jungkook didn't know how to react or to even move. It was his mate, Taehyung.

He stared at him for a few moment before Jimin pulled Taehyung out of his sight.

He got back to his senses.

"Why are you here?" Jungkook asked, he look different from the Jungkook they know. His eyes are open wide and face seems bright. He look so hopeful.

"Taehyungie?"

Jungkook frowned when he heard Haeyen talk behind him, calling Taehyung. 'she knows him?'.

"Oh you're here and you brought your friend, come in." Haeyen went to them and opened the door wider.

She hugged Taehyung which made Jungkook even more confuse.

"I'm not gonna ask you for the reason why you didn't come back last night.. I known you have a valid reason and It's okay if you won't tell me.. but please tell me next time, Kay? I got so worried." She said caressing Taehyung's cheeks and ruffling his hair.

"Y-yes mom."

Jungkook froze when Taehyung uttered those words.

"M-mom??" Jungkook muttered looking at Taehyung then Haeyen, confused.

Haeyen looked at him, smiling ear to ear.

"Yes sweetie, he's the one who I want you to meet. Taehyung, my long lost son."