Chapter 22

Third person's POV

"So how is he?" Jimin asked as soon as he sat on his seat beside Taehyung. Taehyung glanced at him.

"Who?"

"Jungkook." Jimin said, anticipating for a good answer.

Taehyung looked at him confusedly.

"What am I supposed to say?"

Jimin rolled his eyes. "How is he? Is he taking good care of you? Does he still act possessive or Jelly when you're around people?"

Taehyung stared at him for a moment then shrugged. It's been 2 weeks since he knew about the mate thing. In the first week, Jungkook has been super clingy to him. Following him wherever he go, doing things for him, even buying him his lunch food. Taehyung wasn't having it so he told him to not do anything for him and also stop following him everywhere.

Jungkook did listen to him but everytime he talk to someone, he can feel Jungkook's deadly gaze at them. Like any second, he would attack them.

"I think it's just him." Taehyung said and sighed.

"Just him what?"

"The possessiveness... I think it's in his nature." He said, facing Jimin. "He tend to be possessive over his possessions. I saw him once with Jaehyun, Jaehyun wanted to borrow his leather jacket but Jungkook said no, saying that he doesn't like sharing clothes."

Jimin nodded and grinned. "So you're his possession now?" He asked in a teasing manner.

"What? I didn't said that." Taehyung denied.

"Well technically you're his possession since you're his mate. You're his." Jimin replied, still teasing.

"I am no one's possession." Taehyung retorted and rolled his eyes, looking away.

He's right tho... There's no sure that Jungkook will be his mate like as in marked mates. But it's still his decision if he will accept him or not.

Every passing day, Taehyung just keeps on getting more confuse. Jungkook isn't that bad anymore but neither he is better.

Jungkook is too focus on wanting Taehyung to like or just merely accept him, and it's annoying Taehyung. He's trying to change himself to a person he's not and Taehyung doesn't like that. All he wanted was trust and love, not a person trying too hard to fit his ideal mate.

Their professor arrived and they started their lesson immediately.

Taehyung was thinking so deeply that he can't even comprehend any words the professor is uttering nor he noticed the time passing.

He was spacing out, gaze on the pen on his table. He can't hear anything else than his thoughts.

'Is something gonna happen to us if I don't accept him as my mate?'

'will I regret if I reject him?'

'What if he falls in love with someone else and not want me anymore after marking me? Then I would die right?'

'Is it really worth it?'

That's just some thoughts coming through his head. Worries and full of what ifs.

He was pulled back to reality when someone poke him hardly. He glared at Jimin.

"What?"

Jimin motioned his eyes towards their professor.

Taehyung then just noticed that all of the students, including the professor is looking at him.

He gulped really hard and stood up slowly. "Y-yes sir??" He was hesitant to speak.